Macy's Employee Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Your typical retail job
Pricing and Signing Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 13, 2017
I disliked everyday I was there. I worked only to survive, fresh out of college. Macy's is a great place to learn how to work with people in a group to get big projects done. Management was most of the time HORRIBLE. Rejects with power issues. There was no workplace culture, there was only work to be done. You learn that customers are unreasonable and terrible most of the time. As a young person with no money, the holidays is a great chance to get hired, work loooooog hours, and get paid minimum wage for your hard work. Minimum wage is adequate because it's a skilless job.
Pros
Exercise, the store is very big.
Cons
Terrible customers
Macy's is Great for a Part time or first job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 8, 2017
Working at Macy's isn't by far the worst place possible to work. They are however very understaffed and also high demanding. They will often call you in on your off days, and ask you to stay later than your scheduled shift and come in early. They are experiencing budget cuts and seem to have tried to force 3-4 different departments/ positions into 1. Other than these things and some scheduling issues they are an overall OK company.
Pros
schedule flexibility, employee discounts
Cons
work-life balance
Very diverse place to work
Senior Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 7, 2017
Very hands-on and results driven. Coaching and motivating associates is the key to become successful in your role. Partnership with leaders throughout the company is a must.
Fun work great place to work
Retail output processor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 18, 2017
No tip each person is different each department is different great company to work for I have worked as a sales associate markdown pricing dock fullfillment lead supervisor
n/a
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 6, 2017
Pretty slow and boring. A lot of the time there is nothing to do and it's clear why the company is declining. Management bases your character off of sales, but your sales numbers will be low due to the low amount of foot traffic.
Good career
BENEFIT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 26, 2017
This was a good job, the company had a mass shift in the employment and had a company wide layoff in 2009 that required a lot of employees to find another job or to take retirement.
Great Training
Merchandise Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 22, 2017
There are a lot of opportunities for advancement but outside candidates are valued more than internal candidates. They will give you a lot of great training that will help you be successful in whatever you do. Great benefits, overall great company to work for but it's if your aren't in the executive development program it's harder to get recognized and paid for your contributions.
Pros
advancement, training, benefits
Cons
pay, options for advancement, workload
Sales Supervisor
Administrative Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 13, 2017
The day was sometimes unprofessional and as a supervisor, the workers were not always friendly - conducive to the type of work.. The employees were not always friendly and should not be working in the retail business.
Pros
discount on clothing items and lots of good sales
Cons
pay needs to increase according to the experience
Good management
Sales Associate / Last Act RTW (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 8, 2017
Some managers are rude but most of them are nice and understanding. For the most part it is a relaxing environment and you have range. You don't have to worry about managers unless there is a customer issue.
mark down team
Markdown Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 8, 2017
I didn't work here that long I was basically on call so I didn't get to have the full benefits. The managers were okay and pretty fair. There was times were hours got slow and I wasn't coming in for a while that's why I had to find another job. The hours were mostly before the mall opened which made it easier to work because you didn't have customers coming up to you asking questions. Everybody was a team player they would help you with your task if you weren't done they had finished theirs. I liked working at macy's because it was an relaxed job.
Pros
hours
Cons
standing on your feet all day
Not a bad place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 2, 2017
Overall my experience was positive. The most distasteful part was getting people to apply for credit cards. There was a lot of pressure to meet quotas regarding credit cards.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Being on your feet
Collective Efforts
Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 1, 2017
My typical day was about meeting quotas that are designated by the differing departments. As being a part of a team effort, I wanted to stay in that vein of ensuring that collectively, we all looked good overall. The hardest part of the job would be the standing. The most enjoyable aspect is by far, the customer relationships we engaged in.
seasonal position
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 27, 2017
Worked seasonally and was hoping for permanent placement. However staff was not friendly, competitive and advancement looked grim. Had to fight for hours and not given much direction.
Pros
discount
Cons
competitive
Family work environment
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 21, 2017
I enjoyed working with company. Management changes alot and so do department management. Alot of different management styles which was confusing to employees. Didn't trust HR mgr which eventually he was let go
Growth
Visibility Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 18, 2017
Stressful, a lot about transportation, management - something to get use to. Culture - Morale is low. Extended/ Escalation report, Having a Job. goods
Pros
It's a Job
Cons
No Room for Growth
need enhance some mangers' culture quality
Automation Engineer (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 2, 2017
good benefit, flexible work-hour
I have a really bad experience there. I hired as a entry-level employee. The manager did not have any patience on me, threaten and insulted me. She did not allow me to ask my peers, and pushed me to finish a new project within a week in my second month.
Learned a lot about products sold by the company
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 28, 2017
Macy's is a great store to work for. The discounts for employees is very good. Learning bout the products I sold helped me help the customer in their decision making.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
sometimes the store traffic would be very slow.
Best job ever
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 27, 2017
Seasonal Position
Mall)
Cosmetic Sales Associate (Seasonal) Atlanta, Georgia
• Thoroughly learned the company's product offerings and contributed to an increase in
monthly sales
• Performed daily department tasks including stocking, creating merchandise displays,
remerchandising, pricing markdowns, transferring merchandise, inventory control, and
processing transactions
• Achieved daily sales goal by cross selling and promoting additional products and services
• Delivered excellent customer service with floor sales and assist customers with purchases
Productive and competitive workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  1000 Cumberland Pkwy Atlanta, GAAugust 26, 2017
Weekends are our busiest days. However I learned despite the chaos to always maintain a positive attitude while ensuring a pleasant shopping experience. My favorite part of the job is being able to help my customers find everything they wanted and seeing them have a smile on their face. The hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with clearance items it tends to get messy at times. However, as long as you keep a positive attitude and tend to all of your customers in a timely manner you will be fine.
Build experience
Shiseido Beauty Specialist, Womens suits & dresses (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 21, 2017
Working with Macys' you meet many people and learn to work through a fact-paced work place. You learn to build clientele and can grow within the company in various different departments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macy's. Our community is ready to answer.