Macy's Employee Reviews in Atlanta, GA

22.1K
11.5K
Found 348 reviews matching the search See all 25,939 reviews
customer service
Retail Sales consultant and customer service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 28, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed helping the customers find exactly what they were looking for. And especially liked when I could help them find something they loved but had never thought of or even considered before
Good Place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2018
I worked in the corporate office under the event administrator. Although it is a temporary position, I was exposed to many opportunities and people. Working behind the scenes for big events. We got paid every week! Which was a plus.
Gender and Racial Bias Amok
Big Ticket Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2018
Sucked. Culture is about money and that's it. Worked there and worked very hard only to be worked even harder while the white male in my department could sit in chair and sleep. When I complained, I was terminated.
production based
Order picker/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 21, 2018
Working as a order picker production was the main goal making an attention to detail a must. Being able to work in different areas of the operation was a great way to advancement.
Pros
great working hours
Cons
If work slows down, work hours slowed down
Great place
Recovery Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2018
If you love clothes of the low end and the high end, Macy's is a great place to work. Getting to see what fashions are in as well as helping customer with a special someone.
Dealing with the public
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 11, 2018
Early mornings, always on your feet, breaks are short, pay is low, short of staff, customers are rude, have to push credit accounts, tons of returns to deal with. Working on holidays. No skills acquired that can really be used within another company.
Pros
Discount somewhat
Cons
Public
Every Day
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 9, 2018
Worked my butt off everyday making sure the truck was cleared off and unpacking the boxes and getting them to thew floors designated to each merchandise and always went home with blisters and lost a toes nail. it was the most horrible job ever and telling people about how you felt wasn't ever going to change anything.
Big on position titles, low on compensation
Cosmetics Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2018
Macy's is good at over promising and underdelivering....my position of cosmetics manager did not receive commission due to a complicated situation with someone who previously held my position. Upper management promised to rectify the situation but did not which led to my leaving.
Pros
Good products
Cons
Compensation
stressfull
Fragrance Lead Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 1, 2018
I learned no matter how hard you work to sometimes its just not good enough for a company that don't really care about workers your just a body to them
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
Management don't care
Excellent Place to work
Men's Fragrance Counter Manager (FT) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 24, 2018
I absolutely loved my positions working as a Counter Manager and Beauty Advisor. Lots of Company perks, great sales and customer service environment. Satisfactory benefits as well.
Pros
Work-life was great
Cons

Want to know more about Macy's?

Ask a question
fun and friendly workplace
Support/Sales (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 20, 2018
come in, clock in and find supervisor and get what area to go to. put out clothing items in the correct place and make sure mardowns are correct and in the same place
Productive yet boring.
FULFILLMENT ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 16, 2018
This is a job that if you’re looking to make quick money as a part time position it’s good. But if you are hired for full time and only getting 28-32 hours a week, it’s technically still part time. Their full time hours and part time hours are made for younger people with barely any bills to pay.
Pros
Discounts
If you love retail, this is for you. If not, follow your dreams
District Myshop Executive Team (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 5, 2018
I have had an okay experience with Macy's. But at the end of the day, they don't pay enough to keep anyone and expect you to give beyond what you can. If you want to grow with a company, this may not be it for you.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
low pay but high workload
Retail is what you make it.
BACKSTAGE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 23, 2018
There are lots of managers and many of them have different ways of managing their department, so you may get one with attitude, one that's very nice, one that's emotionless, and one that's right in the middle. It's very easy to work with others if you have great people skills and that's what Macy's require. I've witnessed co-workers who aren't good communicators complain about a customer who needs answers about a brand or article of clothing when it is the employee's job to tell the customer about the product or find an employee in the store who know's about it if you don't. A typical day is simply recovering your department, helping customers with choices, looking products up for ordering or to see if the product is in another store and/or available in general, having amazing customer service to reach the sales goal of the day and signing customers up for Macy's Credit.
Pros
You are recognized for your hard work and advancement isn't impossible.
Cons
The health insurance is great, but it could easily take half of your weekly earnings
Great
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 12, 2018
I enjoyed my experience with Macy’s very much. I got hired during a hiring event . They always have them . If you have experience working with people in general and nice you will get the job . Great first job
Pros
Online scheduleing system get to pick days you want
Cons
Short breaks
Lots of hard work!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 7, 2018
This is a company I miss and want to be successful. However, know you will work very hard mentally and physically to deliver on expectations. It's what you make of it! Macy's, please make the right decisions to be the amazing company you once were!
Great Asset Protection expierence
Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 2, 2018
Macy's Asset Protection department officers great exposure to the Security world. Daily tasks included preventing fraud and loss to the company on many levels. Running reports and cordinating with Law enforcement to ensure prosecution of accused. Management structure of Macy's is excellent with an inclusive nature allowing all ideas and perspectives. Workplace allows for causal attire and an easy going work atmosphere. Hardest part of the job requires to work a schedule that is not consistent. Most enjoyable part of the job is the people you get to work with and the satisfaction you receive when preventing a loss to the company.
Pros
Great work atmosphere with great employees and cowerkers
Cons
No consistant schedule
Stock price focused.....
Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 28, 2018
Focused on improving stock price. New principal management does not appear to want to listen to current employees on what needs to be changed. Continual staffing and executive reductions force current employees to be stretched beyond what is considered a reasonable workload. Change is needed, company has gone away from their focus on people. Continual staffing reductions leave very little opportunities for advancement. There are Great, hard-working people that work and support the stores population, but they are unfortunately treated like the red-headed step child. Hopeful that new management will take notice and listen to "reality" and will create a culture of no BS.
Pros
Smart, friendly, caring people in management and in stores, good benefits
Cons
Work-life balance is non-existent in stores, focused only on bottom line, lack of advancement opportunities without being mobile
typical day at work
Merchandise Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 26, 2018
Collaborated with employees from all teams within the store on a daily basis. As an MTM, I learned all of the operational processes that are involved in a retail store.
Great Job!
Dock Night Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 19, 2018
I loved working at Macy's it was my very first job and I jusy loved everything about it, from the managers to the employees. it just had an all around great environment.
Pros
freedom
Cons
low pay