Macy's Employee Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Found 367 reviews matching the search See all 26,977 reviews
Results will make or break your career
Asset Protection/ Operations Detective (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 2, 2018
Results will get you fired or will get promoted. This is the only job that you can get fired for doing your job. Depending on the manager, your hours will vary. Some managers over hire and make the detectives compete for hours by giving the most hours to the most productive detective. Your hours are not guaranteed and the schedules have no work- life balance.
Pros
None to speak of
Cons
List is too long
Great company to work for.
Retail Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 21, 2018
Great company to work for but mamangement is a challenge. Some managers are professional and others are not. They also retaliate if they feel like they are coming for you. Professionalism is out the door when it comes to all forms of colleagues at Macy’s. There’s no dress code inforced, polices and proceedures are not up held, professionalism and discretion is a joke, senior management only can be found when thier money is being affected.
Pros
They feed you for the holidays
Cons
Professionalism can be a question or a bit of a joke
Management could be a little better
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 5, 2018
In my experience, the actions and treatment from the top trickles down to the bottom. All the way to the customers. As a former manager, I can say that the management team needs better practices and should stop expecting performance levels from colleagues that they themselves don't care to aspire to.
Pros
Good, caring company culture
Cons
lazy management that only go through the motions
Na
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 3, 2018
It’s all retail so if ur customer service skills are great I recommend working at Macy’s . Not a hard job just ur basic cashiering , flooring , greeting
Fun workplace
Shoe Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 25, 2018
It was great working for them and learning the things I learned but I must branch out and find better opportunities for me here in Atlanta so I decided to leave Macy’s
Pros
Clean break room
Cons
Long breaks
sales person \ associate
Omni shopper (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 10, 2018
greeted guest and helped to make choices of items and purchases Showing knowledge of said items and providing the best customer service need to insure the return of guest
Pros
providing outstanding customer service
Senior Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 24, 2018
Macys was a great company that helped me make the transition from consultant to FTE.

Salary was lower than the market, but with strong work - life balance opportunities it made it worth wile..
Unproductive work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 24, 2018
Management is horrible. A very biased work place. The managers are very unprofessional. They don’t treat everyone fairly. They will want you to drop everything that you are doing just to accommodate their needs and they call you while you are at home any time of the day.
It was fun to work at macys but it is very fast paced
Sales Associate/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2018
Fun but very fast paced. You have different types of customers come in every day with different problems you have to work here with training first overall it was a great job
Good hours however Store is disorganized
Signing Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 2, 2018
Good Hours for those who prefer to work in the morning. Great team members to work with. not too difficult work however sometimes some weeks can be much more frustrating than most. Extra hours are offered when they are available. Work culture can be improved and work/life balance is fine.
Pros
Good work hours, excellent team members
Cons
not enough hours during some weeks
customer service
Retail Sales consultant and customer service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 28, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed helping the customers find exactly what they were looking for. And especially liked when I could help them find something they loved but had never thought of or even considered before
Opportunity to grow in your career
Sr. Project Manager, Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 26, 2018
While I was working with Macy's I had the opportunity to grow in my role based on new technology used in house and acceptance from management of making decision for my team.
Good Place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2018
I worked in the corporate office under the event administrator. Although it is a temporary position, I was exposed to many opportunities and people. Working behind the scenes for big events. We got paid every week! Which was a plus.
Gender and Racial Bias Amok
Big Ticket Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2018
Sucked. Culture is about money and that's it. Worked there and worked very hard only to be worked even harder while the white male in my department could sit in chair and sleep. When I complained, I was terminated.
production based
Order picker/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 21, 2018
Working as a order picker production was the main goal making an attention to detail a must. Being able to work in different areas of the operation was a great way to advancement.
Pros
great working hours
Cons
If work slows down, work hours slowed down
Great place
Recovery Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2018
If you love clothes of the low end and the high end, Macy's is a great place to work. Getting to see what fashions are in as well as helping customer with a special someone.
productive
Sr. Mainframe Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 13, 2018
Productive and good working environment, I learned lot of new things to grow professional .

Good working environment with best competitive salaries. overall loved working in Macys
Dealing with the public
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 11, 2018
Early mornings, always on your feet, breaks are short, pay is low, short of staff, customers are rude, have to push credit accounts, tons of returns to deal with. Working on holidays. No skills acquired that can really be used within another company.
Pros
Discount somewhat
Cons
Public
Every Day
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 9, 2018
Worked my butt off everyday making sure the truck was cleared off and unpacking the boxes and getting them to thew floors designated to each merchandise and always went home with blisters and lost a toes nail. it was the most horrible job ever and telling people about how you felt wasn't ever going to change anything.
Big on position titles, low on compensation
Cosmetics Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2018
Macy's is good at over promising and underdelivering....my position of cosmetics manager did not receive commission due to a complicated situation with someone who previously held my position. Upper management promised to rectify the situation but did not which led to my leaving.
Pros
Good products
Cons
Compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macy's. Our community is ready to answer.

58.2K

2.7InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight