Macy's Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

Found 422 reviews matching the search See all 27,018 reviews
Macys Sucks
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 12, 2018
Horrible place to work. I really don't care to answer this question or do this survey.
They are terminating me for no reason. I think they are stupid
Rude, cutting, low wage, poor management
Shoes Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TexasNovember 9, 2018
They are cutting hours. There always a big gap of hours that staffs don't work; when we need staffs to work on those hours. Especially on busy days such as Friday, Saturday and Sunday. They want you to do markdowns, bin audit, cleaning in the stockroom and outside the floor, truck, straight the Last Act selves and so much more to one staff and at the same pay. Which isn't fair to me and to other employees. Last year they paid me $9.10 an hour. This year they bump it up by 20 cents. Now $9.30. After all that hard work; just 0.20 cent raise. They cut clock in or out slips. They say they need to be a green environment.

For breakroom, they decided to cut napkins, cups, forks, spoons, bowls, plates and coffee. Now we have to bring our own stuff here.
Pros
Flexible shifts, discounts
Cons
Poor management, rude managers, cutting hours, cheap pay, wage low
No room for advancement
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 28, 2018
Management team won't help you to advance within the company, and room for advancement is very limited and it goes to favorite employees, although unqualified but managers are biased.
Nope
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 12, 2018
if they dont like you they will find a way to get rid of you. they are in so much debt they will accuse you of stealing and make you pay . its stupid. honestly worst mistake ever working here .
Pros
co workers
Cons
favoritism
Great stepping stone
Picking Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2018
Very fast paced
Plenty of advancement opportunities
Unlimited training
Easy work
Most respectful, easy going management I've known
Hardest part of the job is leaving when season is over
I enjoyed the money!
SEASONAL WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 8, 2018
For me to had just graduated high school I was making decent cash working at their warehouse. Unfortunately it was a seasonal opportunity, but I would do it again. Predictable work day, paid every week, fast paced.
Is aight
Stock associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 3, 2018
Overall it’s an okay workplace, the manager that I ended up with was one of the best perks of working there, very friendly and understanding with any of my situations.
Unorganized environment
Seasonal Night Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 3, 2018
They hired too many people who in the end would stand around and still get payed for it. They had various supervisors who kept changing who they were in charge of so it was complicated on knowing who to speak to. Honestly, it was a really easy job once you knew how to use their handset but the lack of structure that made it easy for others to slack off was discouraging. I am giving it 3 stars on the overall rating because the pay was high for the easy tasks.
Wonderful Team
executive (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2018
I learned a lot from my peers and I am grateful for the experience that I was able to pick up. It is stressful if you have a low traffic store with high goals.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long hours during Holidays
productive work place and fun
Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2018
Holidays gets really busy. You make your own schedule which is good for those who want flexibility. There is different backgrounds and race, and the staff are amazing.
sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2018
great people to work with. they do train you for what ever position you were hired for and you get paid training as well. macys always on the go. its a very good place to work.
Pros
get paid every week, be around good spirited people
Cons
some of the managers act funny
fun workplace always on the move
Sales Representative in all departments (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 2, 2018
Management is always there for you. always on the move learning onsite and being the best you can be. Training is always on managers always there for you. I love being a person that enjoys meeting new people everyday. My manager let me inter act with customers. I always loved going to work even if it ways after hours.
productive and fun place to work
Scanner/Packer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 29, 2018
had an awesome year last year .look forward to returnining for seasonal job overtime was awesome was able to afford lots of Christmas gifts and whatnots I hate surveys but don't mind putting in a good word for a good company
Pros
overtrime and bonuses
Cons
only seasonal
fun and relaxing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 21, 2018
it is fun and relaxing on weekdays you get things done by working on your areas of pride always making things look nice also the people and management are amazing
Flexible easy going enviroment
Macy's logistics supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston txAugust 21, 2018
I loved,my set schedule I loved getting up for work and working there.being able to do your job right the first time and being able to complete your goal by the end of the day makes the job a lot better
Cons
If managment not right neither is the workplace
Working for Macys
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2018
This has to be the best company I’ve ever worked for. I will forever be grateful to Macy’s for opening their doors to me. I absolutely love working it
Pros
Best environment
productively
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 7, 2018
The things that I enjoy is the people they are supper nice and helpful. The managers will help so much they work with you, if you need something they will be there to guide you.
Pros
friendly place amd people
Cons
not enough pay for the work that are doing
Sneaky Snakes in Cosmetics
Beauty Advisor - Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2018
I think working for Macy's could have been a wonderful experience had I not worked in cosmetics. The women that work there have often been there for 15+ years. They take joy in making sure the newbie 'pays their dues'.

The hours are flexible and you are paid weekly. You are able to trade shifts with your teammates if you experience an emergency.

Macy's runs competitions on the weekends for credit cards, this is fun. The prizes are usually vouchers that you can use to purchase things in the store.

The sales are amazing, but be careful you could spend all your money there.
Pros
Flexible hours, paid weekly
Cons
Catty coworkers
Ok
COSMETIC SALES (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2018
Good to start off in and to build a resume and meet new people and learn a lot about patience. Management could learn to communicate better. .........
Pros
Paid time off, 1hr lunch, over time
Cons
Low pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 5, 2018
I work in a retail environment where I was expected to give great customer service on a daily basis at work. I enjoy talking to the shoppers as they are shopping in the store.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macy's. Our community is ready to answer.

58.2K

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Macy's.

Powered by Comparably