Macy's Employee Reviews in Miami, FL

Found 508 reviews matching the search See all 27,249 reviews
best work place
Macy's warehouse (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 5, 2018
very nice work place good coworkers you learn how to work with others the hardest part is when its very busy it get kinda haerd to take care of the costumer
top retail organization
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 26, 2018
Empresa Retail top en Estados Unidos.
Grato ambiente y posibilidades de ascenso.
Pros
buenos ingresos
Cons
trabajo por horas
Robot Managers that don’t care about you
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 8, 2018
At Macy’s, you were constantly pressured to open credit cards or sell competitively. Slow day? They don’t care, they would rather have you harrass the customers and lie to them to open up accounts. Have a family? Go to school? They don’t care either. They disrespect your schedule and add more hours to what is convenient for them even if you had a unavailable day in your schedule. Managers expected everything to look spotless and perfect but would just stand and watch you as you have a line of customers but still complain at the end of the day why the floors was such a mess. I quit after 4 years, it was the only job I could have that I could go to school in the day and work a mid shift. When I left and came back to see old coworkers they all told me how happy I looked and saw the difference in my face leaving Macy’s impacted me.
Pros
Computerized schedule system
Cons
Management, hours, pay, lack in recognition, everything
Fast paced but friendly and good management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 5, 2018
Macy is fun place to work you can sing have fun while working. you get discounts and lots of fashion shows and candies . I love to go there on weekends for extra hours and to shop. The management is very understanding and they get along with your schedule pretty much fairly.
place to work for someone who do not need to feed a family
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 5, 2018
The co-workers is great, but pay is very low consider it you are working for packet money. The managers force you to open Macy`s account it is priority #1 + put customer to you client list and send them junk mails. Not good idea to make them happy.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
low pay, management
recovery
Recovery/Support (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 4, 2018
I would organized the store. Maintained the floor nice and organized also did price check and unload the truck. Also did inventory, cashier. Put the store clearance up
sales
Sales Associate, help Customer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 28, 2018
very stressful, you had to convert your goal in the sales dept. you had to bet your goal in order to complete the week. i had this job temporary and then it became full time.
Pros
bet your goal
Cons
1 hour or 45 minutes lunch
I learn a lot about sales in Macy’s
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 24, 2018
Retail Sale Associate must process payments by totaling purchases; processing checks, cash and store or other credit cards. Must also be able to deal with customer refunds courteously and professionally. Maintains a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting store’s commitment to our customer. Develops product knowledge by reading current vendor tags and pamphlets and attending training classes in order to communicate it to the customer. Stays current with promotional events and sales.
Multicultural Place to work
Estee Lauder Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 19, 2018
At the beginning working here was OK, a typical day was greeting customers, inviting them to the bay I worked in and having them try my product, explain the benefits, tell them how becoming a client is beneficial, then ringing up the sale, and following up with them,in a few weeks when its convenient for them, if they wanted something else from another dept, walk them to it and introduce the associate there who could help, I would return to my area where if I didn't have a customer or client, I had other responsibilities to take care of. It was very peaceful back then, only had to worry about my area, if someone needed help, close by to where my counter was, find some one who could help them, or I would do so my self. I learned a lot about skincare products and fragrances then cosmetics, how to sell them and apply them to the customer or client. The Management has been intermittent over the years, I worked with the best and the worst ever. The workplace culture was the best part, you meet associates from different countries, and religions.It is a Multicultural Place, this and the flexibility of the schedule(even though you work holidays,very normal in retail) was what stood out the most as a Company. The hardest part of this job for me was dealing with the pressure of sales being that now Online Sales, and the most recent program of Buy Online and pick up in store is another option customers have to shop and this does not give the associate any credit or commission, along with a few years ago they added to work the evening and night of Thanksgiving Day, a Holiday that no one  more... should work.  less
Pros
Flexible Schedule, and Multicultural Environment
Cons
Sales and Credit Pressure, some Dept. Area Management
Productive and fast paced
Star Selling Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 10, 2018
My experience at Macy's was great the staff and management were friendly and helpful. Working during the holiday season and meeting people all around was definitely exciting.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Short breaks
Horrible Environment & Management
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Dadeland Mall, Miami, FLOctober 9, 2018
I worked in visual merchandising and did not last 2 months, due to poor manager who had issues. It was a poor team to be a part of. Lots of attitude, was not welcomed, was not trained, was not explained about work load, it was all "do do do" with no insight as to what you were doing, no direction...if you ask questions, you get summoned. You have to lower yourself in order to be included in the team. Low morale, managers are uneducated and have been in the Macy's system too many years to know any difference. It was depressing to work there. Hated the job, glad its over. The store overall gossips, it's the worst environment I have ever come into contact with. If you are a carpenter or construction worker type, then work in visual. It is not at all what they make it out to be. You cannot use your talents. You are just a do-person, led by small minded managers who don't get it at all.
Cons
what a work place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 8, 2018
on a typical day we are relaxing taling amongst eachother.
I learned how competitive most people are when it comesto sales.
management were always onpoint.
hardest part of te job was staying awake and constantly having something to do for the time I have to be there on my feet.
most enjoyable was the hour lunch break we got.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
standing for 12/13 hours with nothing to do
Very Stop and Go
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 8, 2018
I'll be honest, working at Macy's was fun, especially when you work in the intimates department, like I did. But they promise flexible schedules, and it was everything but flexible. I was given a hard-time when they scheduled me for a mandatory meeting on the day and time of my final exam in college. I had marked that day as a day I could not come in, and yet my manager scheduled me anyway. I had to involve HR and it sucked. I really hated leaving, but they honestly didn't give me a choice after a while. I was lucky to have the co-workers I did, and I loved working there. But I couldn't keep up with their crazy scheduling system.
Pros
awesome work environment
Cons
scheduling was like playing chess, management was not so great
over worked under paided
Sales Associate (full-time) (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 8, 2018
This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. I would never recommend this job on salary for anyone. Management has no respect for the employees.
Cons
everything
The interaction with the staff and assisting with the HR needs.
Administrative Support Team (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 7, 2018
Enjoyed interacting with both external and internal guests. Supporting all managment team. Enjoyed having a set schedule. Employee discounts / rewards.
Pros
Ability to support areas when short staff.
Cons
Long hours during the holiday season.
An okay first job, not much better than that.
Stocker and Floor support (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 5, 2018
The first part of my job was working underneath two managers organizing the sales floor. One manager in particular there was rude, strict, and regularly belittled me at the start of each work day. The manager was good at the job and kept the front part of the store looking good, but everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, hated to work with that manager.
I was then ignored for 3 months as the company essentially seemed to forget I existed- I wasn't fired, but I wasn't assigned hours by any managers.
Then I got moved from the front of the store to the back, and that saved me from quitting (I had obviously been searching for new employment given the circumstances). I worked under a wonderful manager unloading trucks for the company, organizing the back, loading carts for the people to unload the next morning, and the yearly raises added up nicely.
It was a complete 180 from what I had experienced before, and I couldn't have enjoyed that last 6 months more if I tried.
Pros
Nice break rooms, monthly company get-togethers to appreciate your contributions, yearly $1 hourly pay increase
Cons
If you get a bad manager you're stuck, low pay, 0 benefits
Súper place
Department Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 25, 2018
Great dynamic place to work fun flexible lots of freedom Managers are awsome easy place to work for schedule are easy lots of opportunities to grow Super FUN PLACE
Pros
Great Flexibility
alright
Sale's Clerk (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 22, 2018
very good place to work people friendly environment relaxed at times............tell my friends and family about them...................................
if you NEED a job then it’s alright
CASHIER\CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 10, 2018
low paying, but if you need a job it’s fine until you find something better. Part time, has no benefits and not many hours but you can pick up shifts.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Low paying
Good job
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  MiamiSeptember 5, 2018
excellent work environment, very responsible people, taught me many sales skills, customer service and how to maintain a good relationship with the customer. Always reaching the goals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macy's. Our community is ready to answer.

58.3K

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Macy's.

Powered by Comparably