Macy's Employee Reviews in New York, NY

H r dept is miss managed
cashier/ sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 15, 2017
A great place to sell because gets a lot of traffic. However management is protective of union employees, and there are to many managers and not enough good salesmen. Human resources is hiring for diversity, not for talented salesmen or saleswomen.
Pros
A destination point for travlers
Cons
To many chiefs, Not enough indians
Macy's
Vice President / Store Manager, Mission Viejo, CA (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 14, 2017
After many years of positive experiences at Macy's, our district was assigned a DVP with a reputation for favoritism and poor people skills. The work environment became untenable for many of us. He has since been job eliminated.
North Face Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 13, 2017
Managers need to be more collaborative. They always made my work day a little stressful. They were never appreciative and are always complaining and putting all the stress on Associates.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Hours
Great retail job
Fine Jewelry Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 12, 2017
I started in the clothing department and advanced to the Jewelry department. I absolutely loved my managers and coworkers. No day was the same. It was either super slow and you couldn't wait to go home. Or the day was so fast-paced that you didn't realize it was time for you to go home. I was very sad to leave but it was such a rewarding experience.
Cons
Short breaks
Poorly managed and poorly tained associates
Sales (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 12, 2017
Working here has been the least gratifying of any job I've ever held. Most of the managers don't approach associates with proper respect and warmth. The company doesn't properly train to optimally help customers, which only stifles the greaating-to-transaction process.
division was disbanded
Supervisor, Local Broadcast (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 11, 2017
management had no idea what it was doing. very low paying job, no support and no direction forward. worked hard for little benefit. not worth applying
Pros
Cons
see above
Non-Productive no advancements due tue favoritism/low pay
Security Guard Professional Experience (Former Employee) –  New York, NY Union SquareDecember 10, 2017
My Review on Macy’s is that they have poor management, do not hear you out or care for your opinion,very Judemental,Unfair and unjust, also the pay was very low.they do not treat you right.
Pros
Paid time off, off days, and discounts
Cons
Try to make you work overtime due to lack of employee staff, mangers are not fair and very Judge Mental
If you like easy, its for you.
Backroom Associate, Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2017
Most days were the same. I had to make sure the floors were clean, garbage can's was empty and that's about it. Worked alone didn't like that much. Job was easy nothing hard about it. Culture felt much like I was in school with adults, So many people working there you would never know everyone or really form any good work relationships. Which was good in a way cause you have many people to interact with but bad when you had to walk into a random stall and a lot of the times let them know you work there too. Management was good, You could just never find them.
Pros
Relaxed and easy
Cons
Relaxed and easy
Ok job
Shoe Expeditor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2017
It was good while it lasted, I was only there for the season. If you want a quick job for the holidays then Macy’s is the place to go. If it was up to me I would’ve stayed longer
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Temporary Job
Fast paced & constant change
Digital Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2017
Great place to work when they don't try to restructure the buying/digtal/planning teams without giving the employees any input. Great benefits with 20+ vacation days depending on your level.
Pros
Good benefits, 20+ vacation days
Cons
Employees have little say in company changes
very stressful environment
Shoe Expeditor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 5, 2017
A typical day at work was very face-paced and stressful. I learned to move very quickly and in a timely fashion. The management was very fair in situations but a lot of favoritism.
management is poor
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2017
managers like jeremy hernandez from sale tech needs help. he is so self centered and only cares about himself and his progress he does not care who he puts down on the way. he works in herald square macys
good place to work for those who had chosen their job over their life
CAD Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2017
no life whatsoever, staying very late, no possibility to make a doctor appointment in advance even late at night, because you never know how long you will have to stay in that particular day. No job security at all, could be fired easily after many years of work with great performance
Pros
good benefits and discount
Cons
no life, no job security
horrible mangers
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 29, 2017
loved the macys in flushing. most coworkers were really friendly and helpful. mangers were HORRIBLE. all they did was complained when they actually went on the floor. I was getting paid to sit around talk to coworkers. since the mangers were horrible no one really cared to do anything unless we would hear that they were walking around.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
its productive nice environment to work on
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 28, 2017
you meet people from all over the world fun events on most of the weekends where kids can go and have fun with their parents..They have a flower event every year which is pretty awesome you get to see all these creative plants.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
Productive and fun workplace
Building Services Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2017
Macy's is a wonderful workplace to work at if you're interesting in working for with good & respectful Coworker and outstanding manager that would work with you. I recommend this job anyone who's interested working at this place.
ehh
Sales Manager - Fashion Jewelry & Watches (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 26, 2017
not at all engaging or positive work environment. keep it moving in the other direction. quickly. especially not herald square. why must I type thist ?????
wasa good place for work
Overnight Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 25, 2017
Was fast working nights, learn how to alarms merchandise,the bad part was the graveyard hours the good part was the merchandise was ready for mornings
Interesting place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 24, 2017
It was a fun place to work at especially at Herald Square location. The variety of customers that came into shop from an array of travelers was awesome.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Pay
Proactive and responsible. Friendly
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2017
I keep proactive approach towards my work and have a willingness to learn .I am a team player; as such i do not limit myself to only my duties. I am responsible and am able to work under pressure.
One of the most important attributes of a successful business is client relationship and diplomacy. In many vocational activities, recognition is a primary motivator and, therefore, an important asset.

I sense and accept a certain degree of self-assumed responsibility for the good, growth, and gain of others.
Pros
Discounts and loyalty
Cons
It’s all fair in doing hardwork :)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macy's. Our community is ready to answer.