Macy's Employee Reviews in New York, NY

Found 1,533 reviews matching the search See all 27,011 reviews
Nice place to work
Digital Designer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2018
Macy's is a very nice place to work at. The co-workers are very nice and warm people. The company takes care of employees very well. Overall it is a very good experience.
i dont know
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 11, 2018
my day at macys is to have that excellent customers service skills, help customers what they need, u have to have patients with this type of job, restock shelves, make sure the store looks apart.
Pros
Cons
we had breaks
Terrible place to work!
Overnight Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2018
Managers rude,not upto date w/ polices,undertrained,belittle you,equipment is old,terrible training,if goals are not met manager makes you feel awful.
Collaborative place to work
Head of Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2018
At Macy's Herald Square as an employee you are never alone and help isn't too far away! Supervisors constantly keep you engaged and updated daily, it is a wonderful place to work very friendly.
great place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 31, 2018
great place to work, overall staff was fun, helpful and optimistic. Work schedule was very flexible, managers were understand and possessed great leadership.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
standing alot
fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 30, 2018
I enjoyed working at macy's. it was a great experience. The mangers are very helpful when need and so where my coworkers. Working there will make you feel like that's your second home.
Productive Work Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 30, 2018
Great Place To Work If You Like To Work at a Very Fast Pace. It’s Fun Meeting and Interacting With New People Everyday. Very Good Customer Service And It’s A Very Busy Environment
Passport service
LEARNING (Former Employee) –  New York City, NYOctober 29, 2018
Hello there month I work in a travel agency wadil qura for the hadj and the oumra my post it is passport service. After hadj there is no work this for I look for work here work and tamporai
GOod company
Senior Manager- Personnel (Former Employee) –  NY City, NYOctober 28, 2018
Good company. Retail giant in transition. Exciting field. Worked in multiple locations. Great enthusiasm. Appreciated employees and training. Very good
Pros
Progrressive
Cons
Long Hours
Not the best culture, and not easy to move up
Financial Planner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 27, 2018
It's a very corporate structure, and not easy to develop or be promoted. The culture is different around the company. The places where I've been placed had a bad environment. People really only cared about how they looked and weren't truly interested in making Macy's a more successful company.
Pros
Work from home ability
Cons
Healthcare is bad, environment is not great
it was great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2018
it was great culutre cool people kept up to date with the latest trends and styles worked in the stock room didnt really see any floor action but it was all good
Nice job for young teens/adults
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10001October 23, 2018
You can learn quite a bit IF you really want to. That said, a couple months hands-on with a good supervisor prepares you for much of the (tedious) work. Great environment, clean (for the most part) bathrooms and lunch rooms. They even have a room to relax in if your feeling down that day. My favorite part of the job is the people though. Lots of interesting and genuinely good people working here. Never had a bad interaction with a fellow associate. We kinda understand we're in the same boat, so to speak.
Only wish the new associates were accommodated better. I was literally dropped on the selling floor and by the goodness of an associate (not from my department) I was able to catch my bearings. That might've been a management problem however. Good luck.
Pros
Very open work environment (Big building at least).
Cons
Some managers need better people skills.
Stressful
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 21, 2018
It was a very stressful place to work in. It was too hectic and the managers were not specific on what you had to do or the area you would be assigned to. The breaks were too short for a very long time of working hours.
Cons
Short Breaks
Great place to learn the retail business.
Associate Planner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 17, 2018
I learned a lot and their entry program for people fresh from college is great. Each team has different styles of management/culture. Culture can be negative and constant management change created lots of chaos.
Retail/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2018
I loved working at the position i was in, doing stock and the quite time i had. I would recommend someone to work there and gain the experience and know more about the store.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2018
Working at Macy's was a terrible experience. The managers had favoritism with other employees. The hours were ridiculous, only 4 hours 5 days a week. Macy's was a nightmare.
Pros
Tourists.
Cons
Macy's as a whole.
It was a nice play to work at
Stocker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 7, 2018
Macy’s was beautiful and experience I was glad to have the opportunity to work there I used to and still do allot of shopping there so it felt good to be on the other side of the customers
Pros
The culture of the job
Cons
I couldn’t live off of the job for to long
Cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New YorkOctober 6, 2018
Really good Job for customer service and retail experience. You will always have alot of fun talking and meeting new people. The time be going fast because of how busy it be getting.
Fast paced environment with often demanding customer interactions.
Seasonal Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 6, 2018
During the Christmas holiday shopping season sales operations at the 34th Street flagship store are often frantic and stressful with customer and visitor interactions that demand patience and steadfast resolutions interactions. Please do not think that this made working at the flagship store lacking of accomplishments and enjoyment, on the contrary it was stimulating, challenging and fun.
Pros
Meeting and interacting with people from many countries and cultures.
Cons
At times scheduling of shifts left not enough time between shifts for sufficient rest and recovery, physically
Macy's Herald Square
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2018
Macy's Herald Square is a large company with many opportunities.It can become busy during holiday season which is expected. One of the perks as an employee is making a few extra dollars from opening credit accounts. In addition, working in this area is great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macy's. Our community is ready to answer.

58.2K

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

74%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

86%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss