Macy's Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Seasonal
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNDecember 14, 2017
Wear good shoes and comfortable clothes. Schedule is inconsistent and not when I'm available. However, if you have flexibility and want to make extra cash, it could work well for you.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Hurting feet
My experience so far
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNDecember 13, 2017
When I went to macys they trained me with somebody not that good and i didnt learn everything in my training days and it got very irritating because i didnt know everything and the customers were getting irritated with me aswell and it just wasnt a pretty picture but the employees are nice .. the age range is either 18-25 or 45-70 macys is a nice place to work if you have no bills .. and even though the long shifts are good .. who wants to do that every day just so there check can look decent .
Pros
freedom, food
Cons
they like to leave you by yourself after your training days and you only get one maybe two
Growing with company however money sucks.
Merchandiser/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 10, 2017
Love my job and my co- parts however the pay sucks and management can be pretty fickle. No pay for experience or education. I’m hard working self driven an it was noticed and promoted. However, without properly being convasated or acknowledged. Talent is in minded by not properly stating my position in the company. Holding several titles only paid for one ( the lesser of pay). Thou, my work is of a merchandiser.
Pros
Opportunity for growth
Cons
No pay raises
Fun Co-workers, but the policies and management suck.
Customer service, and advice (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, IDDecember 7, 2017
I made a lot of friends working at Macys but the managers took their personal problems out on the employees, and everything they asked you to do would contradict something they or someone else had asked you to do earlier. You also weren't treated like a human being, you were the customer's slave. You basically felt stripped of all your basic human rights and needs, and if a customer lied about you in a review you were still punished, no matter how obvious the lie. If a customer is unruly, rude, or just straight up yelling in your face, you have to stand there and take it, and if you don't and refuse to help them you get in a massive amount of trouble and the management will break you down and guilt trip you into thinking you were in the wrong.
Pros
Good co-workers, fun enviornment
Cons
Bad management, terrible customers, low pay, waste of your life honestly
Csr
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLDecember 5, 2017
Assist customers in helping find Items, cashier , stock. we would clean our assign area and help customers in the system to find items that was not in the store and order for the customer.
Pros
discount
Cons
not paid enough
Working at a tourist hotspot
Customer service - Watch department (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 4, 2017
I worked at Macy's in the fall at Chicago's Water Tower Place. We had many foreign customers and tourist from other states. I'd either be in the watch department, the fashion jewelry department, or the temporary Swatch brand watch kiosk.
I'd dust and decorate display cases, restock materials (especially popular ones!), resize watches, and count check the register.
It was a enjoyable job. I have nothing negative to say about the position nor was anything "hard".
Pros
Fast paced, meet lots of different people
Cons
Lots of work but not great pay
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 4, 2017
Macy's is a good job for someone in school or just as a second part time. For a single parent with bills Macy's is not a reliable source. Although as an employee you sometimes have access to great deals and advances on sales. The management team is mostly poor and can definitely use some improvement.
it was ok
customer service rep and stocking (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 1, 2017
jus didnt fit in well there. didnt get enough hours and i was taken advantage of,was made to do things that originally werent in my job description but i did anyway and then was let go.
call center
Customer Service Executive (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHNovember 30, 2017
I enjoyed working with macy It was a call center taking in incoming and outgoing calls calling in orders checking on orders I took application fro amcy credit cards
Calm environment and everyone is easy to get along with
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHNovember 29, 2017
Working at macys is easy if you have patience. Customers can get edgy but if you know how to handle and control situations then this is the job for you.
Pros
Great food
Cons
Hours change alot
First Job
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJNovember 28, 2017
Macys was my first job and part time. I was fortunate to have a great manager who understood my initial challenges. I learned a lot and it was a great first job.
It's been many years
Sales Clerk/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tarentum, PANovember 27, 2017
It was a sales clerking job. I waited on customers suggested items to them and rang them up. On down time we cleaned and straightened up the floor and hung items up.
macy's seasonal is just that
merchandising/Replenishment/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 26, 2017
It was a seasonal job so you take it as that. If you think it's a way in, it may be. Seasonal jobs are just seasonal no reason to get overly excited. Just come in and do your job and go home.
Interesting place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 24, 2017
It was a fun place to work at especially at Herald Square location. The variety of customers that came into shop from an array of travelers was awesome.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Pay
Fast pace
Sales and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDNovember 16, 2017
Very busy in the department I work. No time to stand around, always busy and always work to do. Good job for a teenager or college student that needs something part time.
Fun environment
Credit and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 15, 2017
This is a massive place with lots of different departments. The department that I worked in was a little slower paced and boring but speaking with others in different departments it just depends on where you are.
Review summary
Customer Service/Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Brea, CANovember 14, 2017
Macy's is a good job to have as a part time second job or if you are in school needing a flexible schedule. There online schedules were one of the biggest perks to the job. The pay was bare minimum and the employees are under appreciated.
Great place to work making extra cash
CUSTOMER SERVICE COMMISSION SALES (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLNovember 13, 2017
Macy's offer competitive opportunity, I personally worked for the women's shoe department. I enjoyed the work environment, their were always things to do. I enjoyed the opportunity to grow, and advance to another department. Great management , and quality work experience to be gained.
SALES/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 13, 2017
I loved working at Macy's it was my first job while I was in High school. THey set goals for you to meet and that was very motivating to be better. The manager I had was very aware of everything that would go on and very determined for us to meet our goals.
Pros
management
Cons
temporary
Fun Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHNovember 11, 2017
Very flexible with your schedule. Friendly staff and Management. Loved the discounts. There is always someone who is willing to help you when you need assistance. Training was always great.
Pros
Nice cafeteria

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macy's. Our community is ready to answer.