Macy's Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

36.5K
22.1K
11.5K
Found 1,382 reviews matching the search See all 25,906 reviews
I have enjoyed workint at Macys although I am seeking a position closer to my home. I have been working there for 5 years this November.
Credit and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 12, 2018
i work 10 to 6:30 Monday through Friday in the Billing Adjustments Department. My department's jobs are being moved to another regional office and I am currently training for a Customer Service position. The people are very nice. The hardest part of the job is having to learn as you go..the training only provides about half of what is needed to handle the customer service position. I do not like not knowing what I'm doing and having to put a customer on hold while I seek answers.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
training is lacking
Macys
Customer Service/ Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 11, 2018
Work was great. had some great staff when I was there. Sad i had to leave but i learned a lot when i was there. I really liked finding where all the clothes had to go in the beginning it was hard but after awhile you figure it out. Working the fitting room was new to me on how customers were not to bring their items out and put on rack but i kept it clean and put it all back where they got it from which was fun.
Pros
Interacting with customers, and learning from the employees
Cons
working evenings or slow days
Fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 9, 2018
Very competitive and detailed oriented. Super energetic and high energy always around you with staff and management. Always hiring all year long for new employees.
Pros
Hires all year round
Cons
Low pay for temps
Very fast paced, competitive, busy, multi cultrural
Customer Service Representative (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTAugust 8, 2018
I was only hired for seasonal. Hours where not very accommodating for a single mom with young children; yet job was very needed for myself to get through the holidays. All coworkers in different departments where friendly and helpful
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COAugust 6, 2018
This is a great place to work. It's a productive family providing customer service o a daily basis. Everyone is striving to reduce waiting in lines, speaking to customers, completing online orders, and providing knowledge about merchandise.
Pros
The environment in the store is very friendly.
Cons
No Part time manager positions
My least favorite job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 31, 2018
Maybe it was the location but all of my managers came to work with a nasty attitude. They treated me (and other part-time employees) unfair and like we did not matter to the company. I get it was seasonal and things was stressful, but that doesn't mean me and fellow coworkers should be belittled everyday coming into work. Would NEVER work here again!
work
Credit and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJuly 31, 2018
Macys was a fun place to work. I enjoyed my discounts. I loved learning the ins and outs of credit cards and how it works. Macy had good pay and tried to make the work environment fun.
It was a good experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 30, 2018
It was good experience working with different kind of customers and learning how to wrap gifts and do the bow their way.it was good working in different departments
Stable job- consistent hours
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJuly 28, 2018
Good place with somewhat reliable hours however management is lacking. Getting paid weekly and knowing your schedule weeks in advance is a bonus. PTO is nice if only I was able to use it.
Cons
hard to get time off, inconsistent management
Productive and fun place to work as you first start out
At Your Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJuly 25, 2018
Productive and fun place to work as you begin to mature as an adult. I really feel that I want to move forward and become more mature as an adult and feel that I need to better myself with a new career. The hardest part of the job is to deal with difficult customers at the counter sometimes you have to call a manager and ask them to come down to assist with issues. Overall, a really good work place culture really, people oriented. I would not have stayed there so long if I did not enjoy what I do. I want to help people become better.
Pros
fun people, fun place to work, productive
Cons
short breaks, hard customers
Fast Pace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2018
The job was fast pace and had versitility. Meeting newe faces everyday and the job provided room to grow in the company. The workplace provided skilled training and paid attention to detail and the customers needs.
Pros
Equal opportunity workplace
Cons
Hours were minimal
Macy's is a very good company to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 22, 2018
I started working for Macy's when my children were younger for the flexibility of hours. Now that they are grown I find that I prefer the company for that same reason.
Pros
The flexible hours, the employee discount
Cons
The late hours, working on holidays
Productive, fast paced, busy.
Customer Service -Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2018
At work on a typical day I could be doing many different things. I've worked over night, I worked in mens sells, I've also worked in cosmetics before. I learned how to get my jobs done effectively but also how to communicate with my other team members. The workplace was very busy but everyone was friendly and nice. The hardest part wasn't to hard but I guess I would say on a certain you could be doing something completely different and its weird to adjust when you've been doing it a certain way. I enjoyed most in this job doing something I liked and working.
Pros
nice breaks, friendly people
Great Opportunity
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pennsdale, PAJuly 13, 2018
Was an overall excellent job. Enjoyed the experience. Staff at this location was helpful and knowledgeable. Customers enjoyed the store the staff and the atmosphere.

It was one of the top retail stores in Macy's inventory in this district. Unfortunately Macy's chose to close this location to try and tighten their overall bottom line.
Cool work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 13, 2018
A typical day at work is ok but kind of boring I’m use to a busy work place with fast pace but overall Macy’s is ok the job is for someone who’s very chilled
customer service expert
HOME DIRECT AND CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJuly 12, 2018
I loved my job at the call center. There was room for advancement, raises, lots of company activities. The distance was a little far, but I worked 12:30pm-9:00pm so, the traffic was mild. Very understand managers, for the most part. The hardest part of the job was learning the products that we sold.
Pros
Good raises
Cons
Distance
A Typical Day at Macys
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 11, 2018
As a sales representative, one is required to perform cashier's duties, like completing a customer sale, with a receipt. Returns and exchanges are also part of the job.
Customers need to be assisted with getting the right size and color of items. The space and areas have to be kept clean and organized.

Representatives also have to open and close their registers and submit their totals at the end of their shift.

The overall workplace was very accommodating, however, it was just a temporary position.
Pros
Employee benefits and discounts.
Cons
Different shifts
Productive and Challenging
Customer Service and Gift Wrap Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJuly 10, 2018
If you are looking for a part-time job that is challenging and in a fun and fast paced environment, then working for Macy's Department Store is the place. Also, Macy's train and offers advanced opportunities to its employees.
Productive and positive work environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2018
Productive and positive work environment. The company is very involved in giving back to the community. Very enjoyable place to work. Calm atmosphere.
Productive and stressfull
Customer Service Clearwater, FL (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 9, 2018
For the position of customer service there are a lot of calls, back to back. Sometimes you have a time with no calls in between. You learned about how the credit industry works and the revolving accounts
Pros
team building activities
Cons
the wages could be better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macy's. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

71%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

65%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss