Macy's Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 1,432 reviews matching the search See all 27,020 reviews
Awful Call Center
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 16, 2018
This place is a terrible place to work.
Really awful. Sitting all day, they go by numbers here.
Coached every other day. Like high school all over again!!!! Mangement doesnt care at all.
Pros
Cons
all kinds, to many to list
Interesting , Management needed work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 14, 2018
Management was very poor when it came to solving problems or figuring something out. Schedule was messed up. My money was messed up as well as far as me getting paid.
Pros
A hour break
It was ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 14, 2018
Macy's was my first job post-graduation. I worked at the Customer Service Center and accepted the job because I needed some sort of income. It is a good job and pays ok, but if you have a college degree like me, it will not provide you career satisfaction unless you are in a managerial role. Great benefits and the discount was ok.
Poor work environment
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 14, 2018
I would not recommend working at Macy's. The worst example of management applying "Lead by Example", that I have experienced in my 30 year work history. This is NOT a team environment. They are only interested in advancing themselves and never give credit where credit is due. Lack of respect for the employee's and the employee's are expected to perform "miracles" within their job assignment's when the proper tools are not given.
great place to work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CANovember 13, 2018
connection between customer and sales associate is great. they are asking for help and a sales associate is always ready to help them in every situation
Review
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLNovember 13, 2018
They don't allow enough flexibility at work especially for students. Co-workers are very mean because it is a commission pay an everyone is on each other's throats.
Good company
Cahier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 12, 2018
Working for Macy’s was fun, however it just wasn’t my type of job environment. Otherwise it was a good job. Fun filled environment, quick paced. Friendly people. Customers were okay.
Credit Hounds
Retail Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 11, 2018
If you don’t open a lot of credit cards they will try to get rid of you. They bribed you with candy to motivate you to open one. Pay below min wage and no benefits
Cons
The work environment is nice
Customer Sales Associate- Men's (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 8, 2018
The work environment at the store I work at is one of the best of the retail establishments I have worked at. Some of the corporate practices are mind boggling.
Pros
No micro management
Cons
Attendance system, "key" days
Fun place to work.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MONovember 6, 2018
To many things to remember. Job standards had to be met on a monthly basis. Very hard to meet at times. Customers were not always very nice. Company did let you know when customers gave you a accommodation.
Pros
People friendly.
Cons
To far to travel.

Want to know more about Macy's?

Ask a question
Fast paced but friendly and good management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 5, 2018
Macy is fun place to work you can sing have fun while working. you get discounts and lots of fashion shows and candies . I love to go there on weekends for extra hours and to shop. The management is very understanding and they get along with your schedule pretty much fairly.
N/a
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAOctober 27, 2018
It was okay environment
Meet new people
Learn new things
It's great job for high school to college students
Learned about diffrent products and knowledge.
Pros
Flexibility, holiday pay
Cons
Not manys hour's to work
Productive workplace and plenty of work to keep busy.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJOctober 17, 2018
It felt great being apart of a hard working team.I felt welcomed and safe. I loved the customers they were all sorts of consumers from all over the world.
Pros
Get to meet interesting people
Cons
Holiday stress
Clam work place
Customer Service Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAOctober 11, 2018
I learned how to mark down prices i learned how to use the cash register , learning the store more and where different departments are located at work all over .
Wide variety of duties, loved meeting and working with the customers
Seasonal Flex Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTOctober 9, 2018
As a Flex seasonal employee I worked in many different departments and did various jobs. Often, I was pulled from one department to fill in for someone in another department. The managers were very personable and available to help if there was a problem or if they needed to help on the sales floor. Most of the employees were pleasant and easy to work with. The hardest time was during sales and promotionals because it was usually busier then and sometimes shorthanded. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the customers and helping them select their purchases.
Pros
Interacting with the customers and working with a great team
Cons
Long hours on your feet and the Store being shorthanded
Nice environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 8, 2018
Productive workplace and professional staff. Good with working out schedules that suit employees life outside of work. Very well put together presentation.
overall unpleasant
Customer Service/ juniors associate (Former Employee) –  santa barbaraOctober 6, 2018
I worked at Macy’s for 10 months full-time and I had to transition to seasonal because of full-time school not only did they not communicate well but they wouldn’t value you if you didn’t sell enough Macy’s card.
Pros
discount
Cons
inconsistent hours, bad policies
Not employee focused
Customer Servicare+e/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZOctober 4, 2018
I was with the company for 6 years. During that time I did not receive the opportunity for advancement. I was recognized for being a top performer several times. The store manager catered to a specific few and their needs were met and they also advanced.
Pros
Weekly pay, swap of shift option
Cons
Being vocal about lack of teamwork retribution
Na
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 3, 2018
It’s all retail so if ur customer service skills are great I recommend working at Macy’s . Not a hard job just ur basic cashiering , flooring , greeting
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Los angelsOctober 3, 2018
Me experience with Macys helped me grow in my career! My hard work and talent helped the company to bring more customers to shop and being loyal customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macy's. Our community is ready to answer.

58.2K

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Macy's.

Powered by Comparably