Macy's Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 1,583 reviews matching the search See all 30,094 reviews
Very uncomfortable
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAAugust 15, 2019
I would not work at Macy's anymore . I didn't feel like they were fair when hiring for permanent position. I know that I exceeded expectations. But they hired someone less qualified.
The store has a fast paced appeal to the clients eye atmosphere.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAAugust 13, 2019
all employees must enter through secured entrance with personal pass code and put all personal belongings in employees open secured closet.
Check in with manager's for fragrance stock for the day, pull stock, and
set-up displays. If opening count register and closing close register for the night. Must keep all counters and floors clean for sales and safety,
along with providing clients with any type of assistance in product information, account information, and sales of product. Work culture is built on loyalty and trust starting with employees first giving clients the highest quality of performance in selling of store product.
Pay more
At Your Service Agent (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 10, 2019
Lack of hours If you are a full-time are you only get 32 hours Low wages you come in making less than $10 an hour No leadership skills everyone is just excited to be the boss turnaround is quick managers leave left and right anyone can be a boss it takes a good leader to work side-by-side with your team and they don’t have that
Boring workplace with unfair pay
Customer Service TM (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLAugust 7, 2019
The stores are dying, there was hardly any business if it wasn’t near Christmas. Because of this, they can’t afford to pay many employees. One person would be in charge of 1/2 of the floor, running 5 or 6 cash registers at a time. There could be two customers in opposite corners, and one employee would be in charge of helping both of them. Pay is awful, and “full time” was 26 hours. Management is terrible.
It’s an ok place
Customer Service and Selling representative (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 6, 2019
This place has sooo much turn around. The people that are left take back to back calls all day. They even had an issue w bed bugs in the office. The pay was ok for the job its self. The management is good if you are liked.
fun place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 6, 2019
i learned to interact with customers each and every time I worked my shift. I learned to build hoe to figure out the customers needs and wants of a certain jewelry.
Excelente oportunidades de todp
Vendedora y Servicio al cliente (Current Employee) –  Ponce, PRAugust 4, 2019
Excelente compañía como patrono ñ, los beneficios son extremadamente buenos agradecida a Díos por ser parte de Macys la calidad humana más allá, l8 recomiendo
I'm currently looking for something better
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAAugust 1, 2019
I hate that I was hired without being told gaining credit applications was the #1 priority. I never would have accepted this position. Stressful, favoritism, passive aggressive work environment.
Go the other way
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 31, 2019
The store was dirty as f**k. Management had their favorites and never gave raises. This is a sad place to work & they don’t care anything about their products because people are stealing from them all day especially in the men’s department.
Amazing people experience and respect
Costumer Service (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJuly 31, 2019
Is amazing company. They have the opportunity for updates in the job to manager or empower. The personal in the Human Recourse is very Frendly and help for the benefit in the company.
Productive, great place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 31, 2019
Great place to work, friendly people, diversity, flexible hours, flexible break times. Fair point system for attendance and great discounts. Friendly and helpful managers great HR system
Fun and exciting place to work
Sales Associate/ Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 25, 2019
The customer service is amazing, there is always someone there to assist you. The workers a knowledgable and helpful when asking them about a merchandise. Sometimes it gets really busy but the sales associates try to assist everyone in a quick and professional manner. The sales are amazing, and there are fun and enjoyable events at current times.
productive
SALES/CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCAITE (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 22, 2019
my duties are to maintain and organize merchandise , greet customer with a smile and provided assistance with locating and purchasing items , styling mannequins, maintaining a clean and organized work space
It was a good place to work.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 20, 2019
It was a place t provide great customer service to our customers. The management team always supported all of the customer service agents. I liked to work there.
Nice place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJuly 20, 2019
Typical work day was slow except during peak periods and Holidays. They give you a Prepaid Credit Card or a Regular Credit Card for employee discounts.
Macys provided no recreation for its employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MIJuly 18, 2019
my work day was full of co-workers and managers coming up against me and lying on me, taking hours away, not paying as they said they would if you open a credit account. they had favorites and the rest of us was not even looked upon except to beat us down. I am glad they are closing. The managers also treated black customers really rude, watching and following them throughout the store. They also watched me with black customers.
Unhappy and dissatisfied
Sales Representative and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  North Dartmouth, MAJuly 18, 2019
They took are commission away cut our paychecks in half very upsetting.
When we were hired this is what we were told. Then they just took it all away it almost seems illegal. I have to look into it some more. Very unhappy and dissatisfied. I was happy there till this huge change which affects the lives of workers. However they obviously don't care at all about the employees.
N/a
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 18, 2019
I would suggest that someone work there but only during the holidays you will have a great time working but your schedule is all over the place and you won’t have a set time to be able to get into a routine. I will say if you want to have a set schedule work somewhere where you can control that.
Not much communication unless something goes wrong
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 18, 2019
Needs to be less hostility towards one another. Would be much better if there was much more communication being done amongst each other. More accountability and responsibility would be nice.
Feedback
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAJuly 17, 2019
This is not a good company or there management. They hire Spanish managers who hire there people's as Spanish. They fire another people's and hire there kind of people's.

So I won't like this kind of company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macy's. Our community is ready to answer.

59.1K

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

71%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

68%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss