Macy's Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Found 1,265 reviews matching the search See all 26,977 reviews
n/a
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 9, 2018
i don't know on hand but i did have a great time there meeting people and doing other things to increase the company profit. staff have respect to there customers and employees.
A job to grow in but not to stay in
Retail Clerk/Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 7, 2018
Macy's has alot of opportunity for advancement but don't become a 72 year old lady who has worked there her entire life. Macy's can become very depressing - other than that it's a decent job for a seasonal worker to move up in and eventually move elsewhere.
Pros
Not much
Cons
alot
Not for me
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 23, 2018
I think retail in general is a tough place to work. I dont believe macys pays enough for the work they want. It’s a decent place if youre only looking for part time job to get a little extra money. The hardest part is when theres so many things around the store that has to be done and not enough time to finish before closing. Another downside is when you have upset customers attacking you directly over the store policy you cant control or change.
Pros
repetitive, always something to do
Productive and fun workplace
Retailer Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 22, 2018
A typical day at work was sometimes fast-paste and slow-paste depending on the day and promotional sales. I learned to adapt to different environments and work with a diverse group of coworkers. Management was amazingly professional, organized, and patient. The culture of the workplace was fun, good energy, and professional. The hardest part of the job was declining a customer for a credit card. The most enjoyable part was helping customers find what they are looking for and boosting their self esteem.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Late hours during holiday sales
Macys
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLOctober 22, 2018
Though I enjoyed working the docks and working with the other employees. The big issues was the pay for what the job entailed and that they would not work around my college schedule
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Salary
Retail on the floor
Retail/Sales/Stocking (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYOctober 18, 2018
Retail on the floor filling up then stocking the merchandise back in the stock room I would switch around the floor I worked the men’s section in both stores
Great place to work for part-time or extra income.
Retail Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 18, 2018
Macy's is a great place to work on a part-time basis when needed, I don't mind working here but it is very stressful on my health standing for long periods of time. I am looking for a Clerical position with very little standing and at least maybe a place of education or legal.
Pros
Customer Interaction
Cons
Standing for long periods of time.
My time as an employee at Macy's in Pleasanton, CA
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAOctober 17, 2018
I feel that Macy's is an okay job to have. Unfortunately, I didn't have that much of a great experience. But it was mainly due to the environment, and those working there. I was employed there during the holiday season, and it was very hectic in the department(s) I was assigned to.
It was a good work environment
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYOctober 14, 2018
It was a great environment to work in. The staff was nice and helpful. We often got food brought in to celebrate how hard we worked and for reaching quotas. I like how every morning there is a staff meeting and workers are recognized for their hard work.
good work place
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Silverdale washingtonOctober 13, 2018
Macys was good to work for, but I didn't find that it pushed me. They ask a lot of their employees to just pay them the minimum wage in that state, and I think implementing some sort of commission reward system would be beneficial
Retail/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2018
I loved working at the position i was in, doing stock and the quite time i had. I would recommend someone to work there and gain the experience and know more about the store.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Love the retail experience at Macy's
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 8, 2018
I've transitioned to different job positions such as Recovery Leader and Sales Associate. It's been a great learning experience handling the cash register, learning the proper way to communicate with customers, and handling the department fulfillment. It can be stressful but with a great team, it can be a wonderful time!
Pros
Great team
Cons
Not always the best management
Very Stop and Go
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 8, 2018
I'll be honest, working at Macy's was fun, especially when you work in the intimates department, like I did. But they promise flexible schedules, and it was everything but flexible. I was given a hard-time when they scheduled me for a mandatory meeting on the day and time of my final exam in college. I had marked that day as a day I could not come in, and yet my manager scheduled me anyway. I had to involve HR and it sucked. I really hated leaving, but they honestly didn't give me a choice after a while. I was lucky to have the co-workers I did, and I loved working there. But I couldn't keep up with their crazy scheduling system.
Pros
awesome work environment
Cons
scheduling was like playing chess, management was not so great
Fun job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 7, 2018
The job itself was fun, seeing different people everyday makes the job even more worth it. You don't get stuck doing one thing there is always plenty of things to do while working there during the holidays.
It completely sucks
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Medford, OROctober 1, 2018
Everyone there is a rude. They try and make the new people do so much more than what they’re doing. Management doesn’t even care what others are doing. People go and shop on their shifts it’s just very unprofessional.
Pros
Cons
Rude people
Seasonal employment .. poor training ( but I worked 3 seasons so it got easier very competitive for sales but fun during the holidays
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 28, 2018
Poor training too busy to get us on the sales floor .. very competitive to open credit card ... stressful !! Fun place to work though for the holidays .. good discounts .. some
Of the
Managers were easier than others but if you smiled did
Your
Job
Problem
Pros
Discounts .. fun
Cons
Stressful
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Palm Bch, FLSeptember 27, 2018
Worked well with all co workers. Busy worked well with customers and employees. Always something to do. Recovery and replenished department... Learned alot within the company.
Pros
Busy pace
Cons
Didnt like commisson
Exciting work environment constantly changing.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTSeptember 26, 2018
There was never a hard part to the job. Each day had it's small stresses but the rewards were much greater. What I loved was being able to keep up with the current trends considering my department was juniors. I loved helping people to find exactly what they were looking for and take the stress out of the shopping experience. I've always loved putting things together and having customers leave happier than when they arrived, That is what made the days at Macy's great.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VASeptember 24, 2018
Awesome place to work. Great people and Great managers. flexible hours and work time. very understanding. Working for Macys is an experience if your looking for customer service.
great palce of employment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 20, 2018
i loved working there! the co workers were all friendly and helpful! the environment was fun, busy and cool! the managers and supervisors were friendly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macy's. Our community is ready to answer.

58.2K

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

74%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

86%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss