Macy's Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

11.5K
Found 1,230 reviews matching the search See all 25,936 reviews
fun workplace
Retail Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 12, 2018
Enjoyed my time working here, the workers were very helpful. I learned about managing a group and what it is to interact with customers. This was one of my best jobs.
Love
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 9, 2018
I love working here. Coworkers are friendly and managers are great. Hours are awesome and being paid weekly helps. The online employee area is very helpful also
funplace to work
FITTING ROOM ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Massapequa, NYAugust 7, 2018
Typical day includes running rods. I learned about fashion from macy's. the management is great. hardest part of the job is making sure the store is neat at the end of the night. Most enjoyable is getting everything put away during a day.
Productive and strict workplace.
RETAIL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 6, 2018
Working at Macy’s was a different experience for me. I had to stand on my feet for long periods of time I always got the job done. You need to be consistent and able to work with lots of people.
Fun
Retail Sales Associate/Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAAugust 6, 2018
Great work environment, fun, exciting, and caring co company, enjoyed helping customers find products to fit their specific needs. Great management...
what I enjoyed most
Retail Cosmetics Sales (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAAugust 3, 2018
I enjoyed customer service. I met a lot of wonderful people. I enjoyed discounts and gratis given. I made new friends and was able to help alot of people
Pros
discounts
Cons
lond hrs
Fun place to work love the people.
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 1, 2018
I worked in several departments in the 8 years I worked there. All were in support staff, usually before store opened. The coolest position I had was a B.O.P.S. Lead (Buy Online Pick-up In-Store). The position had several aspects to it. You were just doing one thing all the time. Plus I like finding things that people loose. That was the main job of that position. Was finding products throughout the store that customers ordered online.
Pros
Working in a mall
Cons
Only part time for support staff.
Working at Macy's
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2018
It was a great experience, since it was the first time than i had to use a computer to go over questions and presentations and the supervisor running the assessment were excellent when it came to the explanation of the program.
Pros
Good way to interview and test new commers
Cons
Na
customer service
Retail Sales consultant and customer service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 28, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed helping the customers find exactly what they were looking for. And especially liked when I could help them find something they loved but had never thought of or even considered before
fun speedy place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJuly 27, 2018
I was hired seasonal at the mall great place to work for younger adults and teenager very social and competitive place management cared about the workers
Awesome store
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAJuly 27, 2018
Overall I loved how Macys would work with my school schedule and if chances I was always open and considered always being on call. Commission always helped out my checks a lot.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Only seasonal position
Stressful and rewarding.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYJuly 26, 2018
A typical day at work at Macy's can be very stressful as a Retail Sales Associate. As a Retail Sales Associate you are required to greet and serve customers, and at the same time open new accounts, fill outside customer orders, recover the fitting rooms which can be every hour returning hundreds of items to the selling floor, and opening/closing registers.
I had to learn to be proactive in order to stay ahead of my workday. I cannot complain about the management team because they were always helpful to me, but you are primarily over worked with low pay along with inconsistent hours and days. I didn't like the time off system. It works in points. If your attendance points fell below zero, you are automatically terminated regardless of your work performance.
The hardest part of the job was clearing the fitting rooms. The fitting room clearing process had to be done every hour returning hundreds of items to the selling floor.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the customers assisting them in finding the products and items that best worked for them and gaining their trust in my customer service.
Pros
Disccounts on clothing and food.
Cons
Inconsistent lunch break hours.
Great College Job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 26, 2018
Great Holiday job, but Macy's is changing and growing so it may not be the same Macy's experience that I had, but the management cares about you and that is very important when you are in school or have a family.
Overall picture of working for Macy"s
Fitting Room Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 25, 2018
I love my job and my co-workers.
I find that management does not communicate well with each other.

The retail business is complicated. I know Macy's is struggling.

In order for me to get more hours than I was allocated, a fellow co-worker offered her shift to me.

I am part time and the minimum amount of hours that are allowed are between 12-20.

There have been times when I only had 8 hours for the whole week.

I find this unacceptable.
This is the reason I am seeking another job.

I really like my co-workers and the managers.
'
Pros
Like the people I work with.
Cons
I don't receive enough hours and taken for granted. I do a great job and not compensated.
work place
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 25, 2018
i loved greeting the customers.as they enter the store and Help them find the proper team member to assist them. also loved the discounts. i even enjoyed keeping the floor area clean and organized at all times.
Pros
develop solutions for customers
Cons
staying till closing
Macys
Retail Sales Associate • Woman's shoe salesman (Former Employee) –  Calumet City, ILJuly 25, 2018
- A typical day at work started with looking at the inventory counts for the shoes we had available in store and what was in shipment. Afterwards we would either put the extras,shoes, into there proper places or put them on the sales floor to be seen.

- Since I was in the Women's shoe department I learned what do woman look at when they are inspecting shoes. It gets way deeper than just the color, size of the heel, and overall look of the shoe. this was also my first serious job so I learned how to behave appropriately in the corporate world.

- The management team was wholesome but they had a competitive edge to each of them which kept the store moving in the right direction. that competition would enable us to become some of the best sales man/woman.

- The culture was relaxed but when asked to do something it needed to be done in succinct fashion. You wanted to be quick and accurate at all times. That ability came with learning the knowledge of the store.

- The hardest part of the job was black fridays.

- I knew most of the guests who would come shop, so it made me more comfortable and at first i'd normally talk to those guests i already had a relationship with and ask for pointers on selling.
Great diversed community with a selection of amazing stores & great sales
Retail Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2018
Good experience. Helped me grow and become more of a people’s person. Sometimes there would be some confusion being thats its such a big store, but I maintained it & got through the day.
Good part time job
SALES FLOOR TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJJuly 22, 2018
I enjoyed working part time. Pay could be better but employee discount is a bonus. Holidays can be overwhelming but that's to be expected with retail.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Pay
Seasonal
Retail Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2018
This is a decent company to work for if you're looking for some extra money or if you're retired or a student and need to work only a couple of days a week.
fun and rewarding
Cashier and sales floor associate (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAJuly 20, 2018
i think it has been fun and rewarding working at macy's. it is always feels good to help a customer and make their day. when they come to shop at macy's we make them feel important

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macy's. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

71%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

65%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss