Macy's Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Found 8,737 reviews matching the search See all 30,175 reviews
big place with large staff
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Eagle Rock, CAAugust 23, 2019
nice to work during the holidays. lots of business. clean facility. large staff which can make it hard to have your concerns recognized but its understandable with such a large staff.
Okay
Macy's Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  ReceivingAugust 23, 2019
Okay place to work but management isn’t very good. Hours vary depending on the department but you get discounts and also food court discounts with certain places
Productive and competitive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAAugust 23, 2019
There is always a quota on what to pre-sale and credit cards. They don't pay good for all the work you do for them. They expect for you to dress good although they don't do it with all. Also, they will throw away your drinks if you have them out. Not a good place to work at. Management is a a** kissing and two face society. Not to be trusted.
fun,fashion,and great people to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, PAAugust 23, 2019
i had a great time working with this company. The customers were nice and easy going and the managers were always available for open conversation! I got hired for a seasonal position but was asked to stay on as a part time associate. i worked at this location until the store closed down for good!
The Associates and managers i9
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pentagon City Arlington VirginiaAugust 22, 2019
Macy's has very nice associates that are willing to help customers found merchandise and check out their purchases and the managers help customers when they need assistance with returns and exchanges.
Horrible Experience
Women's Shoes Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Studio City, CAAugust 22, 2019
I was hired as a Seasonal worker in woman's shoes. I have never worked in such a cut throat environment. I don't mind difficult customers, but the associates would talk about you behind your back and accuse you of stealing their customer. The company offered me a place after the holiday season was over, but I said no thank you and ran for the exit.
Fun, flexible, proffesional, great for extra income as part timer
Handbags Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 22, 2019
Macy's was my 2nd part time job and worked perfectly for me, they have very flexible schedules that can fit people schedules like mine, depending on the departments things may be different, department management and Upper management at Colonie NY were very professionals they care about hard workers... I learned a lot about products, policies and even selling skills. I enjoyed every day working in Macy's I had and excelent team and team work there makes a huge diference .. employees discounts were awesome, pay is not much but they have a lot of incentives, bonuses, ... they care about your work-life balance...
Pros
Flexible schedules, incentives, continuos training
Cons
Low payment
Macy’s
Cosmetics Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYAugust 21, 2019
I loved working at Macy’s. I have a passion for cosmetics. My coworkers were the most amazing people. As well as all of the management. I felt a part of a team and a family as well. Macy’s is an excellent place to work.
What I learned
Sale's Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 21, 2019
It provided me with the comfortability working with the public and allowed me to make a difference in individuals lives each and everyday. It also gave me a good experience with time management and organization.
Good service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 21, 2019
Good job! Great people. Great customer service. Taught me a lot, they don’t give you much hours than expected. That’s the only part I didn’t like was not having enough hours a week
Terrible
Macy's Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOAugust 21, 2019
You are horribly underpaid and made to feel bad for wanting more money. Makes it hard to be positive. If you work there you won't be able to afford your bills
Don’t waste your time
Macy's Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 21, 2019
I was initially lied to upon receiving the position I got hired into. They expect a lot but the managers don’t actually care. They spend more time doing persons things then actually tending to the floor. If you’re an adult who’s use to a certain type of work environment then this isn’t the place for you. Too much is wrong for this to be such a large corporation.
It was okay, the workers didnt really work as a team in some departments
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJAugust 21, 2019
Even though it was hourly +commission in some departments workers stole customers,hogged the phones so they would be the only ones to get phone sales, & backhanded things like that. Management was aware & did nothing. + with Macy's return policy, if there was a sale the merchandise could be returned(which would result in the original seller to lose sales & the new seller to gain commission)
Soon To Be Out Of Business Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAAugust 20, 2019
Applied for a full time position as Commission Sales Associate at Macy's Arcadia and all I gotta say is this company is a joke. Interviewee was hella unprofessional, questions were dumb, and overall convinced me to not work here and I'm glad I did not. Pay is mediocre along with management. Save yourself your time and dignity. Would not be surprised if Macy's is out of business within the next 5 years.
Macys
MEN'S SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAAugust 20, 2019
They’re a good company. They make you feel excited about working in their store. I had a great experience. Coworkers were friendly as well as the customers.
Good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2019
Working at Macy’s was a really fun experience especially around the holiday times. We were able to wear fun Christmas wear and had fun events there as well.
It was nice working there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILAugust 20, 2019
The managers were respectful. The pay isn’t that great. There are no good benefits. You have daily goals to meet. But the work environment is pretty good
Former employee
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 19, 2019
It’s cool for college kids but not grown adults with grown bills..... other then that I guess it’s ok! And you can’t get the discount if your not approved for one of there Macy’s debit cards!
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Have to work 3 consecutive days if you work holidays for time in a half, but they never tell you that!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 19, 2019
Great place to work , management is amazin! Everyone is kind and very helpful. It gets busy but it makes time go really fast! Great discounts and great customer service
Best Job!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 19, 2019
Working there was the greatest experience of my life. Everyone there treated each other is family and that was very important to me. Management was above board and did everything they possibly could to help you and train you. If we were short-staffed they seamlessly move people around to cover the store. I would highly recommend anybody working there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macy's. Our community is ready to answer.

59.1K

2.8InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight