Macy's Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Found 7,776 reviews matching the search See all 25,906 reviews
very poor job for the average person.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTAugust 13, 2018
I don't have anything to say. I liked the people I worked with, but it was horrible pay and no benefits. I felt very under appreciated. and my skills under utilized.
Amazing!
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJAugust 13, 2018
I enjoy working at macys, it really gave me the knowledge needed for my future job and the environment was very fun. I would refer anyone there because it was an amazing experience overall.
not clear memory...
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marlow Heights, MDAugust 13, 2018
i left in 2014, remember working often, so youd get pretty decent hours. you were rewarded for how many credit applications you opened from each customer
Fun place to work at
Full Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAAugust 12, 2018
Macy's:
I've worked here for about 2.5 years. I loved working at Macy's to be fair. You get really close to your coworkers and typically the management is really chill. Management here consists of 1 legit store manager and a bunch of department managers. All the department managers are all really chill because they used to work at Macy's in sales and then after a year or two you can get promoted to Department Manager. You'll get paid minimum wage here though. Scheduling is like, they'll give you a couple shifts and then there's this website that you and your coworkers can give or request hours to each other. Except certain Fridays and Weekends they'll make you work. They have this point system for tardiness and call outs. You start with 9 points and you lose half a point for being late after 10minutes and a whole point or calling out. Once you're out of points you're terminated. Overall, pretty fun place to work. I've made a lot of long term friends here. They only bad thing is the stingy couponers who dont get what they want after they find out their coupon doesnt work.
Pros
Friendly staff, flexible shifts, long breaks
Cons
Standing on your feet, can't use phones on floor, discounts suck
fun
Macy's Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLAugust 11, 2018
Working for Macy's was a great experience. i enjoyed meeting new people. Getting paid weekly is amazing. The hardest part is engaging customer to open credit.
Nice lounging area
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 10, 2018
Dealing with costumers every day. There was little support form management when issues would arise. The expected a lot of work effort out of the sales associates and were unwilling to help when it was needed to get tasks done in a timely manner.
lack of management. Ap security does do their job right.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Capitola, CAAugust 10, 2018
The worst place to work at. They don’t take doctors notes as excuses. The manager is very unprofessional, and favoritises. The store manager will ask you to change if theres something she doesnt like. They never listen to requests. And will find the dumbest excuses to fire you.
Pros
discount
Cons
poor management
blah
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLAugust 10, 2018
The managers when I worked at this location were never around when you needed them. The "training" was a joke and I pretty much had to train myself if I couldn't find someone willing to help. It is very competitive since it is a commission based job.
My time at Macys
Poughkeepsie - Sales Associate Women's Shoes (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYAugust 10, 2018
My day mostly consisted of helping customers find their desired shoe and cleaning up after their messes. Also, we were incentives to get people to sign up for a Macy's card, or upgrade their existing one.
Very productive
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 8, 2018
Overall it was a fun experience I learned good customer service and it was a good environment. Very easy to adjust and feel in a safe working environment
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Understaffed
Somewhat...decent...place to work during college
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 8, 2018
Couldn't stay here, I felt like my brain was melting and my soul was wasting away. Felt like there was very little potential for advancement, especially considering the fact that they don't train seasonal employees whatsoever. Coworkers seemed miserable, but I don't blame them
Amazing company to work for and to gain great experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 8, 2018
Working at Macy's is great. There are three employment options full time, part-time, and flex. Flex schedule allows you to pick up shifts on your time. I Worked around school and work schedule . There are Company discount Exciting customers ,Team oriented coworkers ,Pleasant orientation and training and Helpful staff and HR.
Pros
They have flexible hours
Cons
there are no cons
fun when the associates worked together
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buckhead, GAAugust 8, 2018
I enjoyed working for macys.When the team managers and associates worked together the atmosphere was amazing and fun. I was a mens shoe sales associate. The job was easy at times ad hard at other times but overall id work there again if my schedule allowed it.
Pros
insentives gifts and bonuses
Cons
management wasnt the best and sometimes unprofessional
deal with merchandise
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 7, 2018
A day would consist of me organizing merchndize and selling merchandize. I learne how to sell mechandize and customer service skills. I rarely dealed with managaement during my job. The hardest part of the job was fast paced part of the job. The most enjpyable part of the job was getting to offer help to the customers.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
short break
Good place to work.
Men's Department Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 6, 2018
Management was fine. Enjoyed cashier duties and customer service aspect of the job very much. Enjoyed placing incoming products on sales floor. Exciting during high traffic seasons.
Pros
Store discount.
Cons
Low pay.
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 6, 2018
My sales job at Macy's is great serving the customer great customer service to customers. Its a fun and excited store, and the location is a great place to work.
Loving and Caring
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 6, 2018
Ensured that fitting rooms were ready for customers by promptly clearing merchandise and returning it to the proper area of the selling floor. Maintained selling floor presentations, and restocked them as needed. Learned systems and procedures to enhance selling efficiencies and complete support duties. Processed merchandise returns courteously and professionally. Was responsible for achieving personal sales goals and Star Reward goals.
Great work envirment
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 6, 2018
My Typical work day at macy. I would come in and count my draw. Cleaning and sorting clothes. Helping my customers find What they needed to wear for any event as far as weddings, graduations, Christmas parties ext.
My customers where always satisfied and always came back just to shop with me.
I enjoyed pleasing my customers.
Pros
I loved working on my own, In my section or area i was assigned to.
Cons
I really disliked the favoritism shown towards other employees
Macys was a good job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYAugust 5, 2018
I liked working at macys. Everyone was doing what they were supposed to do and even the managers were helpful. The other workers were polite, caring and helpful when it came to the customer's.
Macy's
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAAugust 5, 2018
Macy's is a great place to work for. I was full time at Macy's but I did not make enough money to support myself. I am looking for a full time job where I could support myself.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macy's. Our community is ready to answer.

57.9K
47.8K
36.5K
22.1K
11.5K

Diversity score

58out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Macy's.

Powered by Comparably