Macy's Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Found 8,033 reviews matching the search See all 27,018 reviews
Very fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newark, DENovember 15, 2018
I really enjoyed working for the company and the customers
I've learned to deal with difficult customers and work with them.
I enjoyed working with different ethnic people
I liked the holiday pay
Pros
new challenges
Cons
difficult challenges
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HINovember 14, 2018
They have amazing management. They will train you to make sales and assist customers. Great work place setting. Provide the tools you need to do your job daily.
A fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WANovember 14, 2018
Flexible hours and timings. You got to pick your own time and day. Get to know different people coming from different background, overall a well mixed culture environment. 15 min breaks twice in a 6 hour shift. The only hardest thing of the job is to maintain good credits, you take one off and it takes whole 2 weeks to earn that credit back.
Very easy to handle
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 13, 2018
I didn't have any problems working at macy's but, it's management is a little disorganized. It was very flexible when it came to working hours. and vry good when it came to discounts.
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 13, 2018
Fun place work to start a new job. Work flexibility works well with school schedule. Hardest part of the job is working thanksgiving. other than that apply
Overall
Macy's Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Nanuet, NYNovember 13, 2018
Overall i feel That Macy’s is a great workin place, it’s very comfortable to work at because of how flexible the hours can be. Not only that but the staff is very helpful.
Pros
Break room, learn different things
Cons
Not a lot of shifts
fun place to work
Part Time Sales Associate, Men's Shoes (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJNovember 13, 2018
i was only part time sales associate and i can not form any opinion on Macys as a whole. I only worked 15 hours a week. i was heppy with the time i was working at MACYS. Pay is just minimum wage.
Na
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 13, 2018
work for the company only six months after being laid off. the company nation wide did a cutback. I was told that all part time position was going away
Flexible scheduling
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Downey, CANovember 12, 2018
A typical day at work would be a morning rally talking about our daily goals in accordance with our quarterly goal. The management team aren't breathing down our necks which is nice. I will say that the management team relocates a lot and the draw commission goal is very UNREALISTIC. They have so many deductions and commission percentage is too low. There is 0 incentive to be apart of the commission team because of how little reward for such highly stressful job.
Pros
hour lunches, flexible, good work spirit
Cons
commission sucks
friendly environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Seminole, FLNovember 10, 2018
I really enjoy working at Macys. every job is tough but I find enjoyment in it, which makes it easier and enjoyable. flexible shifts are there to be picked.
Pros
u get 15 min breaks despite 45min lunch break
Fun place to work
Men's Shoes Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 10, 2018
I got to meet a lot of people from all over the world, and even created some great relationships along the way. Customer service was my strength so i had plenty of return customers.
Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CANovember 10, 2018
I've never been much into retail and it was supposed to be a temporary job, however, I ended up working there for almost or around three years. The management was not great as they really lacked professionalism and played favorites.
Pros
Bonuses for getting people to sign up for a credit card
Cons
Poor management
not a fun place to work recently
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 10, 2018
not that much intersting time just work recently every thing change a lot they cut of employ and put the pressure on other employs the new manager doesn't have experience to be a manager
Pros
noting
Cons
noting
Productive Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 9, 2018
I really started out as the Pricing Manager, but due to a Manager that was a bully I demoted myself down to Sales. Then I had a chance for Advancement, Which, only happens through the company.
Pros
Sales Bounus
Cons
Co-workers
fun and you have a peace of mind
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 9, 2018
this job has a lot to offer and they value their employees, they gave us oppurtunity to grow, they listen to us if we have suggestion, they make us feel like their own family and not just an employee.
Pros
they acknowledge our hard work
Cons
i dont see any cons
Robot Managers that don’t care about you
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 8, 2018
At Macy’s, you were constantly pressured to open credit cards or sell competitively. Slow day? They don’t care, they would rather have you harrass the customers and lie to them to open up accounts. Have a family? Go to school? They don’t care either. They disrespect your schedule and add more hours to what is convenient for them even if you had a unavailable day in your schedule. Managers expected everything to look spotless and perfect but would just stand and watch you as you have a line of customers but still complain at the end of the day why the floors was such a mess. I quit after 4 years, it was the only job I could have that I could go to school in the day and work a mid shift. When I left and came back to see old coworkers they all told me how happy I looked and saw the difference in my face leaving Macy’s impacted me.
Pros
Computerized schedule system
Cons
Management, hours, pay, lack in recognition, everything
This Job was Decent
SALES ASSOCIATE (FLEX) (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VANovember 8, 2018
Macy's was a little slow paced, but it was easy work. The management was great, and the hours were decent. The pay was decent as well for the work that the employees had to do.
Pros
Management, Flexible Schedule, Paid 30 minute break, Discount
Cons
Boring sometimes
good for a part time job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYNovember 7, 2018
It is good to have a part time job. The flexibility is good. You could kind of make your own schedule. Management at the store I work at need to take a interpersonal class. If the store manager and/or assistants managers do not know how to speak to their floor managers, what will be the outcome. The store associates will be unsatisfied.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
bad management starting from the store manager and down
Worked with great cow workers made amazing friends
Cosmetics Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTNovember 7, 2018
This place has horrible management. The management there only cares about making goals to better there raises but when it comes to helping employees none is given .the turn over is high do to low hourly wages and management that is lazy and will not help you if u have a prob that’s needs fixing . They would rather hire a outside person then promote with in because they don’t wanna give a raise
Pros
Great experience With cosmetics
Cons
The worst management ever
workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Dickson City, PANovember 6, 2018
a job for someone who is looking for part time
was located in a mall
hours were nice but if you lived far was not great closing an the doing a early opening shift the next day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macy's. Our community is ready to answer.

58.2K

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

74%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

86%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss