Macy's Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Found 841 reviews matching the search See all 30,548 reviews
Productive, fast-paced
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CASeptember 11, 2019
A typical day at Macy's would include my best customer service. I worked inside of a very busy mall, so there were guests from all over the world. It was very exciting to meet new people and be helpful of their needs. My main job would be to checkout guests buying our merchandise and if need be to assist with personal styling. I learned how to be more attentive to the needs of others and work as a team to meet company quotas. I also learned how to work in a fast paced environment more efficiently, while also being self aware of my immediate surroundings. The workplace culture was very family like. The hardest part of the job would have been to deal with violent customers, while the most enjoyable would have been meeting new people from different countries.
a normal experience for a young student
Sales (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYSeptember 9, 2019
You can work there if this is your first job experience. I learnt how to multitask. The hardest part of the job is, communicate with people nicely. Working behind a register is the most enjoyable part.
Ugly culture inside & out, unfair and soul-wrenching
Commissioned Sales, Furniture/Mattress (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYSeptember 4, 2019
I worked in department where I was subjected to blatant racial (anti-white) bias allowed because my racist coworker was an older black woman who'd worked there forever. Management, also black, looked after their own. I was laidoff ONE day before my 6-mo benefits were to kick in. Coincidence? Nope.
A wonderful work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2019
A fast pace working environment with constant cash and credit transactions. You provide customer service and aide people from all around the world. management is always available to help and solve day to day problems.
Greatest Company I ever worked for.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 23, 2019
They stood by me like family when I lost a loved one. The morning store meetings was awesome. Good benefits, great management along with amazing advertising. Never had to take a draw
Good Work Experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 17, 2019
Busy days but manageable. Learned to Helped customers achieve satisfaction with questions and solve the problem. I enjoyed all the experience and benefits from working different departments.
Good
Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 10, 2019
Macy is the job that if you really like working in retails and have patience that’s for you or Retails it’s a lot of work to do.. Otherwise Macy’s is good to work greets a lot of people always have a smile on your face with your customers
Best place to show Customer Service.
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 5, 2019
One of my all-time favorite jobs where I got to be myself and help people find the perfect gifts for their loved one's. You never know what the day will bring, all you know is that what you bring is you'r best.
Macy’s is an okay job to start
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  GuamAugust 2, 2019
This was my first job and it was fairly easy but it’s strict on the hours if you aren’t flexible enough to work the given. Lucky if you’re back full time you get your schedule 4 weeks in advance if you’re part time it’s 2 weeks. And you can swap shifts or give them away if someone picks it up.
Good place
Sales (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJuly 30, 2019
Good place to work a sales job, not recommended to advance in a career. Good for a part time or you need the extra cash, good for uni students and good with the flexibility.
Runn
Sales (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJuly 29, 2019
they pay min wage no way to survive you will work yourself to death to pay bills and the managment will complain abut everything. no room for advancement
Fun place to work
Sales (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 27, 2019
It was an ok place to work . I loved my co workers and the managers. Everyone was so nice and friendly but I got screwed by someone I once knew, no details .
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Very flexible schedule.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAJuly 22, 2019
Really enjoy working with the public.
Great co-workers
Flexible schedule
Enjoy the balance of organizing the department, ringing sales, and speaking with customers.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
$12.00 per hour
Commission is weird
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 22, 2019
They'll hire you with a base salary. If you are assigned a commission area, there is a daily sales quota given for the day. If you do not meet your sales quota remainder is carried over to next day along with new quota. If an item is returned you're in the negatives. Is given on what is sold after you meet unreasonable quotas of 2,045 shoes a day. If quotas not met, difference will come out of your paycheck. Technically you pay them to work there.
The company is most interested in open credit cards than to sell
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 21, 2019
Beautiful store with a lot of employees trying to get sales so they can get commission. Very stressful the constant demand for credit card . At least 3 per day. Very hard to make the goal. This is one of the thing I don’t like about the store
Don't waste your time at MCCS
Virtual Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHJuly 21, 2019
Terrible customer service position where you do nothing but store transfers and get yelled at by upset customers. Expect to work most weekends. But hey, look at our lake...
Poor
Sales (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 17, 2019
Save your time and stress levels. It is not worth the demands and low pay. If a person is in a temporary bind then by all means go for it, otherwise steer clear of this chaos.
To much change
Seasonal Part Time Fullfillment Sales (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 29, 2019
If you are able to deal with constant moving around a 3 floor departments store and have enough product knowledge to be able to find anything in the store within a short period of time then I say go for it otherwise steer clear they said they treat their employees equally but, they clearly play favorites it doesn't matter how hard you work if you have a relative there or some other relationship with a manager or another co worker you will get special treatment
Productive workplace with great social ambience
SALES (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJune 27, 2019
A typical day at work includes meeting and greeting customers, being prompted to ask for new membership with the Macys Credit Card, and handling returns for customers who have items to return.
good place
FULLTIME HOUSEWARES/ LUGGAGE SALES ASSOICATE (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 24, 2019
great place to save money. very professional environment, easy going workplace very nice co workers also nice pay schedule. management was pretty decent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macy's. Our community is ready to answer.

59.2K
49K
37.6K
22.6K
12.1K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Macy's.

Powered by Comparably