Macy's Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Found 782 reviews matching the search See all 27,050 reviews
Fun work place and Relaxed
SALES (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MONovember 7, 2018
My co-workers at Macy's were awesome and the company did a good job at making their employees feel wanted and appreciated. I would certainly work there again.
Good starter job
Cosmetic Sales (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 24, 2018
I'm the kind of person that needs to be busy or doing something to feel productive. I did't feel fulfilled in this position. Most of the job consisted of waiting around for customers. It was so dead most of the time I felt the seconds turn to hours. There are a few things you can do in order to pass the time. Usually talking to coworkers helps. You can only clean a certain number of times before that too becomes redundant. Not a bad place to start out straight out of high school however it most likely won't be your long term profession.
Pros
flexible
Cons
very slow
Sales
Sales IA (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 23, 2018
Sales on day to day basis. Provided customers with check out and assistance as needed. Culture was something fun and provided a team driven environment.
Pros
Enviroment
Cons
Lack of sales advancement
Macys is a good place to work, but the pay sucks
sales, and signage around store (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 22, 2018
Macy's is a good place to work, but the pay is cheap, Macs make more than enough to pay employees above minimum wage. Macy management could be fixed a little nothing too major.
fast paced and challenging
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 21, 2018
This company is always adapting and trying new changes to make the customer happy. You can great retail experience here but be prepared for a very fast paced environment and be ready to adapt to change. Every year you will be expected to do more with less and customers can be though like any service job. Great peers, everyone works very hard.
Typical day
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 19, 2018
My job was sales on the floor. I was a part time employee. Store closed in my area so I wasn't familiar with the Macy's franchise. I would have enjoyed continuing working there.
Pros
Meeting and talking to customers
Cons
Working holidays
productive fun and professinal work place
Cosmetic Sales (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILOctober 10, 2018
Your hours a day varys time to time
I learned how to make commission easily
management is amazing
Workplace is professional and Family-friendly
Hardest part is helping Unsatisfied customers
Very enjoyable to work at and pay is good
Pros
Everything is great
Cons
Unexcepted lay offs
Fun place to work
sales jewlery (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NY 10704October 6, 2018
I received great experience here the down fall is when they have a lot of people that call out and they beg you all the time to do 10-12 hour shifts and the clean up after hours is hectic as well.
excellent
Sales and Recovery (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 3, 2018
I love everyone at Macy's department store. We have become a family and all get along. We have a lot of sales that we really like. We always try to please the customers
worst place to work for
sale representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 1, 2018
Forever changing the climate. One day you can walk in and your entire schedule is changed without consideration for previously submitted vacation days. Your manager could change or be scheduled for separation due to company needs. Your entire department could be discontinued.
Pros
nothing
Well structured management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYSeptember 30, 2018
As an entry level job, the prospect of promotion was good. The training was excellent and within no time you were able to master the required tasks. Potential for more hours is available however there could be more possibilities.
Would appy again.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 24, 2018
A typical day at work would be working with people, and working as a team. While hitting you sales mark. Sales mark are given to each person and overall as a team.
Working in a Clothes field
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PASeptember 20, 2018
Working in the department taught me a lot from interacting with customer to organize area and keep them clean. Some customer are hard to handle and some were easy.
good
Sales (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRSeptember 20, 2018
great place. good company products. great work place culture. good, excellent management and supervisors. enjoyable place to work. goos benefits and security.
Good for first job, but not for immediate growth.
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CASeptember 17, 2018
The management team were good people, but definitely did not managing well. Macy's as a company dumps unrealistic amounts of work onto the workers and then cut the workers that cannot make the cut. The training and orientation program is very loosely enforced which causes employees to make decisions on work that can lead them to termination if warranted. It is rather easy to pick up for a first job, but unless you already have experience and coming for the manager salary or commission, then there are better jobs that will treat you like human beings and pay you better.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
short breaks, lack of management support, overworked
Good place to work with a lot of room for independent decision making.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 13, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with and satisfying the customer. That includes knowing and understanding the product, problem solving and conveying this information. In order to do this, many questions are asked.
The workplace culture is good, with management encouragement.
The most difficult part of the job is not having enough work and customers to work with.
Pros
Interacting with customers
Cons
Not enough customers
Overall, it's a good job.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 5, 2018
I understand that not every job will provide the desired income we all need, however, working here as a sales associate, is okay. Eventually, the more you show through your hard work, the more benefits and opportunities are offered to you.
fun workplace always on the move
Sales Representative in all departments (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 2, 2018
Management is always there for you. always on the move learning onsite and being the best you can be. Training is always on managers always there for you. I love being a person that enjoys meeting new people everyday. My manager let me inter act with customers. I always loved going to work even if it ways after hours.
good vibes
Compute sales prices (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 24, 2018
it has a amazing crew that worked there and we got to keep a lot of the messed up stock that came in that was not going to be sold and my boss was all that and some.
Pros
free clothes
Cons
short breaks
It was a company that provided me job security
LEAD SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CAAugust 14, 2018
It was a company that provided job security. I was given many opportunities for advancement. It was a place that taught me many new skills. It provided the finances I needed to get through college.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macy's. Our community is ready to answer.

58.2K

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

74%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

86%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss