Macy's Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Semi Fun Place to work
Home & Domestics, Sales (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYDecember 7, 2017
Good people to work with, very friendly environment. Can move to other departments to somewhat advance your job, not career. However very short on benefits and hours to work.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
No benefits, minimal hours
A job for the Christmas Season with some potential
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, NJDecember 7, 2017
Working at Macy's was short-lived, yet somewhat rewarding. Like any holiday job, it was stressful, but I was able to make great strides there as one of the top sellers for the Kenneth Cole brand in the region.
Fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 29, 2017
Macy's was fun, lots of things to do.
The shift was fun but long. Macy's was fun place to work. The most enjoyable was selling and making money. Macy's was a really good company.
Pros
breaks
Cons
hours
Enjoyable work environment
Compute sales prices (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LANovember 27, 2017
A typical day at work was laid back. At Macy I learned about a lot of the different makeup lines. my job wasn't hard, and I enjoyed the customers most.
Workplace was calm
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYNovember 22, 2017
Being a sales rep at Macy’s was a wonderful experience , the other employees made you feel right at home. The managers were helpful and the pay was fair.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Customers with attitude.
fun place to work
Sales (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 22, 2017
it was a good summer job!! Great discounts and very friendly but definitely fast paced. I learned a lot. they work with your schedule.
They job keeps you busy.
Not a job for everyone
Seasonal sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Waikīkī, HINovember 20, 2017
It was a great opportunity for a first job but not one I look back fondly at. The managers were more focused on negative reviews and critiques, coworkers were unfriendly and competitive.
Pros
discount
Cons
hours, time off, stress management
Terrible and stressful place to work
Sales (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PANovember 20, 2017
Manager was very inconsiderate. unorganized, rude! no room to grow within the company staff are underpaid for work that they do. i hated working here they did not care about you r personal life. if you could not do what they needed you to do they did not care. i would never recommend anyone to work for macys at willow grove unless there is a new manager, supervisors etc.
customer centered
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYNovember 16, 2017
working at macys was very enjoyable. I learnt good customer service skilled. The hardest part of the job is during the holiday season. I learn to respect people at all cost.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks, always standing
Fast paced work enviorment
Sales Asscociate (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CANovember 16, 2017
Macy's is a fast paced work environment with many people. it is a good place to use customer service skills and it gives you experience in different areas such as stocking and cleaning.
sales associate
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WANovember 8, 2017
I would love to go back as part time it was the best experience I had. Great benefits and work place. Great discounts to great quality stuff. would re command to anyone.
Really Nice
Sales (Current Employee) –  West Orange, NJNovember 7, 2017
You get a hour lunch break and a twenty minute break that they pay you for. Time does go by really fast after lunch. Its long hours on your feet but you meet nice new people.
Pros
Discounts
Holiday associate
sales (Current Employee) –  McLean, VANovember 3, 2017
They will never ever give you hours they hire to many people and have only limited hours to give. You must call and check daily to see if there is any opening in any department, if you working regular retail excluding fine jewelry , cosmetics , fragrance and shoes in those special areas you will find and be given hours, everywhere else no and good luck trying.
fun
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 1, 2017
Retail but all of the staff was nice and helpful. Love the retail environment. Meeting new people! Discount is average but you can always catch sales and apply discount on top of sale price.
Macys sales rep
Team Leader/ Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 30, 2017
Great competitive environment. Learned a lot about sales and how to increase sales in order to gain more commission. Most enjoyable part of the job was the competitive nature.
Fun At Times, Stressful At Others
Sales (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 20, 2017
Dealing With Difficult Customers Can Be VERY Stressful But If You Have The Patience, Then Apply. Things Might've CHANGED Since I Worked There As Far As Pay & Benefits But It DOES DEPEND On Which Store & Department You Work In As Far As The Treatment From Other Employees & Management. You Might Get LUCKY. Overall, It Wasn't A Bad Place To Work.
Pros
Employee Discount As Far As The Merchandise Sold In Each Dept, Flexible Hours.
Cons
Being Overworked & Underpaid, Dealing With Difficult Customers & Sometimes Managers.
Management issues
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 20, 2017
Very stressful, always a fight between associates for customers. Too much pressure to sale Macy's credit cards, if you don't meet the numbers they cut your hrs.
Pros
Good Training program
Cons
Poor management, very little help from associates.
fun place in the beginning
sales in mens (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJOctober 18, 2017
sales customer service, very cut throat.. hard place to work at.it was cut throat because if you made top sales they got mad and started to cut hours. i liked working for them until that happened. they changed their work policy by saying they are cutting hours to part time which means full time employees were cut. and so were their benefits
Pros
everything was ok until you became a top sales men it got kind of iffy
Cons
employee pros and cons
What can I say retail is retail
Sales (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIOctober 17, 2017
The commission departments are very challenging and the management doesn't stand by your side. They seem to have a click and well that's unfortunate. I did my best to work hard and know I can live with myself.
Pros
nothing
Cons
poor pay, benefits and they want you to work a lot without compensation
very fast paced, fun, and welcoming
Sales (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAOctober 10, 2017
my overall experience at Macys was amazing. macys was my first retail job and during seasonal periods really tested m endurance and if I was able to keep up with the fast work. The staff at Macys were so welcoming and just overall had a great vibe I absolutely loved working there.
Pros
lunches were an hour
Cons
not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macy's. Our community is ready to answer.