Macy's Employee Reviews

Found 29,196 reviews matching the search See all 29,322 reviews
Environment was great however pay was not
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2019
Great co workers with some good management hours however were really scarce and pay was nowhere near livable wages was spending money to going to work that i was earning
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Pay was terrible
Fun and competitive workplace
Cashier/ Sales associate (Former Employee) –  835 N Michigan Ave Chicago, IL 60611June 16, 2019
The most enjoyable part of the job was to always feel like I worked my part to the highest of my potential. and knowing the customer walks away Satisfied.
Pros
Being able to interact with new customers everyday
Cons
Macys is a great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 16, 2019
Macys offers flexible schedules and decent pay. the work isnt too bad. You can learn merchandising skills and learn excellent customer service here as well
Laid back
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJune 16, 2019
In my brief employment at Macy's I felt very relaxed and calm, even as a new comer I felt at ease. Macy's is pretty laid. Once you get out of your probation period you get a bunch of benefits.
Pros
Easy work.
Productive fun workplace
Merchandising/ Stock (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 16, 2019
Wokring at Macy's is a fast paced enviorment. My experience was great you get to meet new people and learn new things about merchandise and history of the store
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
Not enough hours
Kind of unorganized
Seasonal Women’s Shoe Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJune 16, 2019
The interview process was good. I got a job offer right after the interview. I liked the job, also, but they couldn’t really give me available hours to work. Also, my employers didn’t always contact me when they said they would.Other than that, my coworkers and manager were nice and helpful.
very friendly company to work for
Full Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJune 16, 2019
very professional in their attitude. very realistic in their goals , behaviour is very friendly. managers are very prompt and very adjusting too. try to work out schedules .
Fun work place
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  151 west 34th st, NY, new york 10001June 16, 2019
Learned how to time manage, manage money and be quick paced. The environment was very friendly, I greatly enjoyed the employee discounts and the manager allowed me to have flexible hours.
Part Time
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJune 16, 2019
It was a good experience after being out of the formal work place for so long. It wasnt the best place to work for many trying to earn a living wage, but for me and my circumstances it was enjoyable for the most part.
Pros
Working with the public
Cons
Some of their return policies
Great company to work for. Enjoyed the people the process and the fast paced environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 16, 2019
The retail landscape is drastically changing. Macy’s is a company that is large enough and smart enough to stay ahead of that change. If you are someone who is fresh out of college and has a passion for retail I would recommend this company for you. Bring your energy and please be adaptable.
Pros
Charitable, innovative, great people
Cons
Healthcare could be more reasonable
It's was interesting and new experience.
Recovery Associate (Current Employee) –  SeaTac, WAJune 16, 2019
a typical day of working in recovery requires to the recovery room where the schedule of where we be at and with who. Afterwards each person goes there designated fitting room. majority of the work is clean the fitting room and if possible and super busy putting clothes back to their areas. The weekend are the busiest to put clothes as well keep clean speically if its a holiday weekend.
Hostile work environment
Merchandise Associate (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJune 15, 2019
After speaking with every manager the emotional abuse and bullying continued and even got worse. I was retaliated against and the last straw was getting boxes thrown at me repeatedly
Fast paced environment
Holiday Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 15, 2019
I was accepted as a holiday associate and at that time the store was packed. Lots of customers needed help and, thus, I always needed to follow the schedule they have given us.
Pros
Discounts
Call Center Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 15, 2019
It’s been the worst experience of my life . Never again , please stay away from that place , u will regret even going there to apply go somewhere else
unpleasant atmosphere
Cashier/Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 15, 2019
Each day is different form the other. Management is non-supportive; work schedules are assigned/altered with preference to "pet" employees. Culture is every person for themselves
warehouse
Former member (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJune 15, 2019
5 am open truck receive items. organize merchandise to be tagged/sensor ready for floor/departments. some fulfillment online/mail orders readied to be shipped out. basic math/computer skills. It was an ok job. Unrealistic to think that you can survive of a mere $9 an hour to live these days with less that zero hours per week. Maybe Macy' should stop doing that stupid ridiculous parade and spend money on paying their employees a REAL wage! And modernize the way the do things. So outdated! Who cares about your over inflated 27ft helium filled Turkey! put that money into your people who show up on time and give there all.
My experience at Macy’s
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJune 15, 2019
The interview and job at Macy’s has been a great experience, no problems. The staff is nice as well as the customers that come in to us. It’s more as a family.
Wonderful place to work for.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 15, 2019
I enjoy my position here at Macy s and my customers. I learned so much in my position met so many people from different countries... love helping them achieve credit.
Good place if you need extra job
Sales associate, customer service, cashier (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 14, 2019
Pay is not good but if you like to shop discounts are great. It's alot of work for the pay you receive. You get to meet people and network. Its great for students or extra cash.
Very active workplace, on your feet for long periods of time a day.
Warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  Goodyear, AZJune 14, 2019
A typical day working at Macy's Warehouse for the most part is pretty simple and straight forward. You're on your feet all of the hours that you work and you're constantly walking and moving, performing typical warehouse distributing duties. I learned after my first week of working there that shoes are a very important thing to focus on in a warehouse job being on your feet for such long periods of time. Hiking shoes are definitely recommended. A healthy breakfast, some good lunch, lots and lots of water, and maybe some over the counter fatigue/pain meds are so essential for this job. I learned ESPECIALLY to stretch as OFTEN as possible. Stretch in the morning before arriving, stretch upon arrival, stretch during breaks, and ABSOLUTELY stretch before going to bed after work.
Pros
Essential amount of breaks, positive work environment, caring supervisors.
Cons
None applicable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macy's. Our community is ready to answer.

58.9K
48.8K
37.3K
22.5K
11.9K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Macy's.

Powered by Comparably