Macy's Culture reviews

Found 7,048 reviews matching the search See all 30,190 reviews
Nice Environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Medford, OrAugust 18, 2019
I truly enjoyed working at Macys, everyone works together to get things completed. I didnt care for the fact that we had sales goals and you are rated on those goals.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Sales goals and rateings
Company valued my contribution and consistently promoted.
Cosmetic Executive (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CAAugust 17, 2019
15 year career with a company who valued my contribution and consistently promoted me to higher volume businesses. Fast paced environment, competitive pay, continued education and team building exercises.
Good Work Experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 17, 2019
Busy days but manageable. Learned to Helped customers achieve satisfaction with questions and solve the problem. I enjoyed all the experience and benefits from working different departments.
Great
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Queens County, NYAugust 17, 2019
I loved working at my job it made me feel apart of something different . My coworkers were very helpful and my boss was very nice and understanding. If I could work there again I would
Competitive
Packer and Picker (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVAugust 16, 2019
Fast working environment, strong management, reaching your goal for the night, training new employees, and making sure all your products are getting shipped correctly.
Visual Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAAugust 16, 2019
I had loved working at my location and I still would probably be working there if the location hadn't closed. The pay was a little lower than I expected but it made up for it in the culture and experience I got.
Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 15, 2019
A typical day at Macys is just completing your job getting your task done and moving on to the next one. At Macys you are always busy. You are never just standing there doing nothing, you are always up on your feet doing something
Amazing store manager
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greendale, WIAugust 15, 2019
Great place to work. Great benefits and store discounts. Easy access regarding switching shifts and picking up hours. Great incentives if you do a good job. Great bosses and employee parties. I loved all my managers.
Best experience great environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAAugust 15, 2019
It was a nice experience. Love the people they are very nice. Always there for the employee. They take there time to guide you and explain with details.
The store has a fast paced appeal to the clients eye atmosphere.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAAugust 13, 2019
all employees must enter through secured entrance with personal pass code and put all personal belongings in employees open secured closet.
Check in with manager's for fragrance stock for the day, pull stock, and
set-up displays. If opening count register and closing close register for the night. Must keep all counters and floors clean for sales and safety,
along with providing clients with any type of assistance in product information, account information, and sales of product. Work culture is built on loyalty and trust starting with employees first giving clients the highest quality of performance in selling of store product.
Advancement can be difficult depending on interest
Special Services Supervisor/HR Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAAugust 12, 2019
A typical day at work is never typical which can be a good thing if you don't like repetition. It can be very challenging at times. Management can be inconsistent at this is retail and there is high turnover. The hardest part of the job is the lack of communication. The best part of the job is the people. Building relationships and helping others.
Pros
Engagement with employees
Cons
The struggles of four wall retailers
Opportunity to meet and interact with new people everyday
Backstage Crew (Former Employee) –  Altamont mall, FloridaAugust 12, 2019
Morning shifts were the most interesting for me at Macy's. Getting the store ready for guests. Making sure that when they enter, the environment entices them to want to look around and stay longer. This entails us putting the most attractive items right in front of them and accessible. My manager was always encouraging me to keep he racks tidy, the fitting rooms cleared etc. In terms of culture, being always approachable and helpful to the customer was very important.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a satisfied customer leave the store happy with the great deals they have been offered.
Being helpful without appearing too overbearing was the most difficult part for me.
Great job
Wedding and Gift Registry Advisor (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXAugust 11, 2019
Awesome to work there. They worked around my schedule. It felt like family so it was great to work there. My pay was awesome. Really nice place to work at
Field work was very fun and helpful to career
Associate Relations Director (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 11, 2019
I loved working for Macy's. Unfortunately, with the competition with online shopping, it has severely limited the field management opportunities. Overall, I learned so much when working for Macy's. Great culture and support from others.
A fine place to start working.
Retail sales associate (Former Employee) –  19535 Biscayne BlvdAugust 10, 2019
For a first job I can't think of a better place...A typical day at Macy usually involved going up to customer and helping them to the best of your abilities. I've learning everything I know about customer from my time working there. The work place environment is very competitive which can make everyone work harder it also breed hostility for the employees. However i met a lot of nice people and had a lot of fond memories.
It was a great expirience to work for Macy's
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAAugust 10, 2019
I was well trained
I enjoys working in a friendly environment
It was a pleasures to attend Macy's
customers
The Human resource managers were so friendly and profecional
Awesome place to work
Employment Specialist/Phone Hiring Team (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 10, 2019
Great management, great hours. The supervisors are very encouraging. You only have to work one saturday a month, and they are really cool about you switching the day if you have a doc appt.
Great job to work
Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 9, 2019
I learned a great deal working for Macy's. I learned how to assist customers from the back of the house. And how to set up for the best possible outcome.
Too low pay
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 9, 2019
( I worked at cosmetics, first 3 months Lancôme, the other last 3 months CLINIQUE) You love sales and are great at it , go for it. You goof working more people for most of your shift, at least 2 more co-workers. You don’t mind culture diversity , at work , and with customers. ( I worked at cosmetics department) i only work there 6 months, they paid was very low for me. I asked for raise , but no luck.
Pros
Pay, salary too low
Cons
Discount, you never get bored. Lots of customers, good music
Fun place to work for they have morning rallies to keep you informed throughout the day
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Swansea, MAAugust 9, 2019
Fun place to work for. They have and do a lot of activities with their associates to brighten their day and keep them informed of what is going on in the everyday business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macy's. Our community is ready to answer.

59.1K

2.8InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight