Macy's Pay & Benefits reviews

Good place to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MADecember 9, 2017
Good place to work for, flexible hours. Nice management. Great supervisors, except for one evil one. Good place. Flexible schedule. Plenty of breaks. Good discounts
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
They don't pay enough
Seasonal Associate
Season Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CADecember 8, 2017
Working for Macy's during the holiday season has always been busy and which I enjoy doing. I love working with Macy's clientele. The management team are all helpful and sweet. The pay has always been pretty decent.
Pros
Hours and Pay
Cons
Sometimes the politics can easily get away with throwing you under for no reason.
job at macys
Cashier/Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 8, 2017
great place to work at. great people. would work there again. pay was alright i was just an associate so it was good pay. working holiday season is the best because they treat you like family.
Retail leader.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 8, 2017
A fun place to work and grow. Accountability and resposibilty behaviors are noticed and rewarded. Associates are loyat to the store and company deserve their compensations accordingly.
Pros
A fun challenging place to work.
Cons
Holiday hours.
Can be a fun place to work with right Management
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 7, 2017
I worked at Macy's for about 2 years in different departments, so I was able to understand and learn certain things with each department. Working there was fun, and I met some great people, but some of the management there was not the best. They would demean you or just lie to get you to do something and take advantage of a young person's naivety. But some managers were amazing. Very kind and helpful without demeaning you, I'll miss those managers the most. I think the hardest part of the job is trying to deal with coworker competition or an unruly customer, but overall I had a good experience at Macy's.
Pros
Fast paced, job advancement, commission.
Cons
not enough hours, no benefits, iffy managment
Nice Experience
Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  NYDecember 7, 2017
Macy's is a great place to start your career but in order to make money you must move on and potentially return to demand a higher salary. Its has a great work culture in spite of low pay.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Low pay
Semi Fun Place to work
Home & Domestics, Sales (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYDecember 7, 2017
Good people to work with, very friendly environment. Can move to other departments to somewhat advance your job, not career. However very short on benefits and hours to work.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
No benefits, minimal hours
A job for the Christmas Season with some potential
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, NJDecember 7, 2017
Working at Macy's was short-lived, yet somewhat rewarding. Like any holiday job, it was stressful, but I was able to make great strides there as one of the top sellers for the Kenneth Cole brand in the region.
Not a bad seasonal job.
High Bay Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Cheshire, CTDecember 7, 2017
It's a decent place to work. The jobs aren't very challenging and the hours are pretty flexible. If you don't mind doing the same thing all day every day then the job isn't awful.
great place
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, IL 60440December 7, 2017
had fun while working great place to work great environment. I loved the culture there as well as the opportunities for advancement. Good benefits and always friendly staff.
Ok job
Shoe Expeditor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2017
It was good while it lasted, I was only there for the season. If you want a quick job for the holidays then Macy’s is the place to go. If it was up to me I would’ve stayed longer
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Temporary Job
Not the best place to work
Macy's Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 7, 2017
Too hot and was not getting paid enough for the work we were doing. Overrall it was a nice place to work if you’re looking for a job but not a great long term job.
I enjoyed most of the years I was employed up until the end. Management change and so did the moral of the store
Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILDecember 6, 2017
The company has great benefits. However the expectation of a exempt manager is not okay. Working on days off and putting in 12 hrs days is not okay especially when finishing your tasks and expected to do others.
great place to work
Material Packer (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CADecember 6, 2017
Good place to work good managers lots of fun always something new to learn about packing items from the store. Fellow employees very friendly always willing to help me with any problem i might have during any shift
Pros
free lucnchies
Cons
health vare expensive
Terrible work hours and pay
Reciever/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 6, 2017
Did not get enough work hours, low pay, and no benefits. They overpaid me and I had to pay it back just before Christmas. They do not value their workers.
Pros
Cons
Work hours
Fast paced & constant change
Digital Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2017
Great place to work when they don't try to restructure the buying/digtal/planning teams without giving the employees any input. Great benefits with 20+ vacation days depending on your level.
Pros
Good benefits, 20+ vacation days
Cons
Employees have little say in company changes
Great managers, bad pay.
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 5, 2017
Macy's is a fun place to work, with amazing managers; but I personally feel like they expect too much out of you for only $9.00 an hour. You are expected to dress in business casual attire everyday and that can get expensive.
Cons
terrible health insurance
Fun place to work
AST (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRDecember 5, 2017
Amazing organization.
Very dynamic, fun, diversity, loyalty ,team work, excellent customer service, excellen benefits, employee discount, good training
An interesting and decent employer I never complain when hired for seasonal
Seasonal Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVDecember 5, 2017
Not a bad place to be employed for the holidays,plenty of hours and a decent work environment. management is not perfect but I haven't met a rude superior yet.
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
10 hour shift shouldn't be the minimum
Pretty Harsh
Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYDecember 4, 2017
I worked unloading trucks at first which was back breaking but moved up to women shoe expediter. That took about 2 years. The are flexible with the hours where you make 40 hours but then there were times where you made 30 hourss.
Pros
discount on macy's items
Cons
very demanding

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macy's. Our community is ready to answer.