Macy's Pay & Benefits reviews

36.5K
22.1K
11.5K
Found 5,760 reviews matching the search See all 25,948 reviews
They are closing stores...
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAAugust 16, 2018
Doesnt seem to be a solid store anymore from what i see and store closing. Same old 1980s cash register and culture seems old and boring. Too much work for less money
Pros
weekly check
Cons
its getting old
Stock Associate
Retail Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 16, 2018
Lots of physical work. Not enough employees for all your responsibilities.
Low hours, sent home early many times.
Not guaranteed your hours for the week.
Pros
Variety of duties
Cons
Sent home early, didnt keep to schedule.
Macys INC
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15241August 16, 2018
Macys was an okay place to work. The managers didn't know a lot and they were all very rude. They offered me a raise and a promotion and then gave the position to someone else. A lot of the people who work there are competitive but they don't get paid on commission.
Good place to make money in furniture.
Furniture Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAAugust 15, 2018
Money was good , when I retired my schedule was set by a computer and my hours were all over the map. The roof leaked;I was often scheduled to work until 10:15 pm.
I thank Macy's for the oppurtunity but..
Global Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, WIAugust 15, 2018
Macy's definitely helped with opening more doors for me in retail service for sure! Though the hours and pay weren't met, I still appreciate the oppurtunity that was given to me.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Short breaks, No floor support, Low salary pay, Few hours
Enjoyed working here
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLAugust 15, 2018
I worked for the Flex team for almost a year, I cannot complain about the work environment. Management for my department could've be a little better. Working hours are flexible, but sometimes limited.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVAugust 15, 2018
I would work for Macys again. I liked working by myself. People are nice and respectful.... very clean and organized. I had my own station. The trainers were great.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Short breaks transportation
Must stay occupied
Sales Specialist / Trainer (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 14, 2018
Great company to work with. Also depends on the store manager. I wish company was eliminating positions based on performance not on seniority level. Overall if you like customer service this company has a lot to offer.
Cons
You must work every holiday. You have only two holidays duhring a year (Christmas Day and Easter).
Flexible and motivating workplace
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT TEAM ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTAugust 14, 2018
Salespeople were motivated and asked to meet goals, managers were available and helpful. Company policies were helpful and sufficient, benefits were good.
Pros
good benefits, flexible schedules, incentives
Cons
little advancement
Decent pay but inconsistent hours
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZAugust 14, 2018
The management is very inconsistent with their scheduling. Sometimes you work 3 days a week, sometimes you don't get scheduled for like 2 weeks. Some days they are understaffed and you are swamped with work and some days they have so many people on that work is slow. When you do work, the breaks are short and you must stay on your feet for 10 hours.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
short breaks, inconsistent scheduling, long shifts with no chairs to sit
Very friendly and good for advancement.
Sales and Support (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 14, 2018
Macy's is a very relaxed atmosphere and not as stressful as Nordstroms.
The people at Macy's are not out to take a person's sales for commission. FYI
very poor job for the average person.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTAugust 13, 2018
I don't have anything to say. I liked the people I worked with, but it was horrible pay and no benefits. I felt very under appreciated. and my skills under utilized.
Fun workplace, good team work with piers,
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 13, 2018
Enjoyed workplace, made it fun with my piers and employees. Great on the job training everyday. Accomplishing daily goals and providing great customer service. Engaging with customers and providing satisfaction. Workload was heavy at times while multi tasking to get other things done. Staffing was always challenging in certain areas everyday. Really enjoyed working with my fellow piers, everyone worked as a team. Enjoyed developing my associates and engaging with customers.
Pros
vacation benefits, Medical benefits and 401k program.
Cons
workload, working on holidays
not clear memory...
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marlow Heights, MDAugust 13, 2018
i left in 2014, remember working often, so youd get pretty decent hours. you were rewarded for how many credit applications you opened from each customer
productive
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZAugust 13, 2018
i was on my feet all day but felt like break time wasn't enough especially because i worked for 10 hours and was on my feet all day. Its not fair that we only get 8 days off sick time per year
Easy to create balance with personal and professional
MK Footwear Manager (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLAugust 13, 2018
Macy's is a world renown company. Working under commission is difficult but if you have school or a life outside of work this company can give that to you.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
Late nights
fun flex envirment
Lead Department Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CA 91324August 12, 2018
a fast pace work environment... must be quick to pick up especially during holiday season. flex schedule. able to pick up hours or give away. getting to see your regular clients... pre-selling and of cousre the discounts. unable to find or get a hold of management went you get difficlut customers.
Pros
flex enviorment
Cons
bad coverage lack of management
Sales Associate Fine Jewelry (Former Employee) –  Maplewood Mall, MNAugust 12, 2018
I loved my job working in Fine Jewelry. Employees were amazing and Macys really does make sure their employees are taken care of. You always had enough 15 minute breaks to get off your feet and lunch breaks were always between 30-45 minutes. If I wouldn't have to had to move I would definitely still be working there.
Pros
Commission pay plus good hourly pay, Weekly pay, Employee discount, Great team of people even all the management teams
Okay
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 10, 2018
Worked at macy's for a couple of months, but the unsteady hours and lack of supervision was not ideal for someone who never worked in retail before..
Excellent Flexibility work life balance
Christian Dior Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  National City, CAAugust 9, 2018
They were excellent with the attendance point system, good attendance for 2 weeks you got half a point on some holiday seasons a bonus point. Sick days available to avoid getting pointed, lots of room for work life balance.

Beauty Commissions hurt by online shopping, we did the work to pull the products for pick up, but did not get commission, instead of having the regular inventory employees pulling the products.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Beauty Commissions hurt by online shopping

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macy's. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

71%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

65%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss