Macy's Employee Reviews

Found 25,822 reviews matching the search See all 25,906 reviews
macys
Clarins Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLAugust 11, 2018
Macys was a good job i got to management myself since i was a counter manager i did make up and facials. I learned about the products clarins had to offer so i could teach the clients.
Macys
Customer Service/ Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 11, 2018
Work was great. had some great staff when I was there. Sad i had to leave but i learned a lot when i was there. I really liked finding where all the clothes had to go in the beginning it was hard but after awhile you figure it out. Working the fitting room was new to me on how customers were not to bring their items out and put on rack but i kept it clean and put it all back where they got it from which was fun.
Pros
Interacting with customers, and learning from the employees
Cons
working evenings or slow days
fast pace
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLAugust 11, 2018
You work hard for little or nothing the manager was very disrespectful I was a hard and fast worker at Macy's I really don't have nothing nice to say about Macy's
Pros
No Pros
Cons
A lot of CONS
Direct manager's attitude was condescending
Cosmetics Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre Township, PAAugust 11, 2018
Direct Manager was very condescending, had favorites,promises were broken. I felt because I was older, I was negatively targeted by my manager. My hours were cut to part time after I gave a two week notice.
Pros
enjoyed the cosmetic brand I worked for.
Cons
manager's demeanor.
fun
Macy's Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLAugust 11, 2018
Working for Macy's was a great experience. i enjoyed meeting new people. Getting paid weekly is amazing. The hardest part is engaging customer to open credit.
help customer find what there looking for
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Peabody, MAAugust 11, 2018
log into computer do picks, (customer orders) clean fitting room bring cloths back to depts. rings items at register. Take returns organize cloths on racks
Pros
meeting people
Cons
pay, medical, cleaning fitting rooms
Decent job overall
Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJAugust 11, 2018
It's a shame that online retailing giant Amazon is forcing many Macy's stores to be closed. I had a very good experience over there as a support manager.
a wonderful e to work
support merchdiser (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 10, 2018
being the enjoyable of my part time job at Macys was a great experience. I loved working with great employees I liked doing my job there at Macys. I liked working with the store managers and with counter managers.
Working is not stressful
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laguna Hills Mall (closed)August 10, 2018
It's nice working, as it's not always busy but you have to do other jobs like folding men's t-shirts and putting go backs to their proper places cleaning up the mess before you leave.
Pros
Got a lot of training and seminars.
Cons
Lack of supervision.
Nice lounging area
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 10, 2018
Dealing with costumers every day. There was little support form management when issues would arise. The expected a lot of work effort out of the sales associates and were unwilling to help when it was needed to get tasks done in a timely manner.
lack of management. Ap security does do their job right.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Capitola, CAAugust 10, 2018
The worst place to work at. They don’t take doctors notes as excuses. The manager is very unprofessional, and favoritises. The store manager will ask you to change if theres something she doesnt like. They never listen to requests. And will find the dumbest excuses to fire you.
Pros
discount
Cons
poor management
A decent place to work
Seasonal employee (Former Employee) –  Owasso, OKAugust 10, 2018
A good place to work if you do not mind extended hours. Most everyone there is very kind. Positive attitudes pervade about withut a doubt. Their management is very efficient and kind as well.
blah
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLAugust 10, 2018
The managers when I worked at this location were never around when you needed them. The "training" was a joke and I pretty much had to train myself if I couldn't find someone willing to help. It is very competitive since it is a commission based job.
My time at Macys
Poughkeepsie - Sales Associate Women's Shoes (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYAugust 10, 2018
My day mostly consisted of helping customers find their desired shoe and cleaning up after their messes. Also, we were incentives to get people to sign up for a Macy's card, or upgrade their existing one.
Values employees a lot
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAAugust 10, 2018
A great large company to work for that still values their employees highly. I've never heard them make goals for the associates, but rather having associates make their own goals in whatever aspects of the company whether if its selling something, credit, or doing something in a different way to improve performance.
Pros
commission in specific departments and credit applications
Cons
professional work attire for lowish hourly pay
Okay
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 10, 2018
Worked at macy's for a couple of months, but the unsteady hours and lack of supervision was not ideal for someone who never worked in retail before..
Macy’s is a fun place to work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 10, 2018
My 3 months at Macy’s was well spent. The environment was perfect for an individual to grow and learn in. The staff is young and energetic, always greeting customers and coworkers with bright smiles and words of encouragement
Pros
Friendly staff and discounts
Credit Hounds
Philosophy Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDAugust 10, 2018
I was with Macys for almost 6 years. All they cared about was getting star rewards (credit cards) . It was to the point of harassment for associates and customers. You couldn't enjoy your job because managers will hound you every second about credit card applications.
Long hours, tedious work. Poor management
Macy's distribution center (Current Employee) –  Owasso, OKAugust 10, 2018
Un organized management. Poor communication between departments. Decent pay for pretty easy work. Will hire anyone causing in poor employee relationships.
I never worked here! Indeed has mixed up my employer with my client
Not Applicable (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 9, 2018
I did not work FOR Macy's.. Macy's was a client that I serviced for many years. Great company and great people to work with. Very organized. Very fair company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macy's. Our community is ready to answer.

57.9K
47.8K
36.5K
22.1K
11.5K

Diversity score

58out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Macy's.

Powered by Comparably