Macy's Employee Reviews

Great job
Beauty Advisor Chanel (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MADecember 14, 2017
Acknowledge customers in a friendly and helpful manner within 30 seconds of their entry into the area
The main responsibilities of a beauty advisor are to help customers find the products that meet their needs and sell customers as many products as possible. Job duties involve suggesting products, explaining how products work, demonstrating how to use products, performing makeovers, and operating the cash register. A beauty advisor may have to meet sales goals, build customer relations through follow-up calls and mailings, recruit new customers, order new products, handle door-to-door sales, and manage inventory. Beauty advisors may also stock shelves, clean floors, and organize sales areas.
INC Misses
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 14, 2017
Working in INC Misses was very faced faced and fun. Our team worked well together and our manager was the best! She was very understanding and listened to the concerns of her supporting staff.
Pros
Ample break time
Cons
Lack of communication with the front office
Great company
Sales Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 14, 2017
Good management cool work enviroment friendly co workers employee orientend flexible but not enough hours. Busy around the holidays but they have plenty potlucks
Pros
Potlucks
Cons
Not enough hours
Seasonal
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNDecember 14, 2017
Wear good shoes and comfortable clothes. Schedule is inconsistent and not when I'm available. However, if you have flexibility and want to make extra cash, it could work well for you.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Hurting feet
work
Sale Associate and Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VADecember 14, 2017
This job was so long ago I barely remember it. I had a lot of friends at work but the customers were the devil. I worked in the men's department which was the best department to work in.
Pros
friends
Cons
customers
great experience
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 14, 2017
Macys gave me an oppurtunity to use my education and expertise in my field. I learned alot from my manager who had so much experience in this field. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience. Hoping that i will continue doing what i love.
Fun easy going place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 14, 2017
I did love my job.You were able to communicate with customers and management easily being heard.I wish i had worked there longer of course but i had to start classes
Pros
Blissful people and place
Cons
Short breaks
Jobs to start off
Cosmetic and Fragrance Department Manager (Current Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 14, 2017
Macy's is a fun place, but it is luck of management and communications, trainings, opportunities, staff. This is a good place for those who needs a quick fix on their paycheck, get a job quickly, start from somewhere sort of place...
a lot to work
Sales Associate/Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLDecember 14, 2017
this company is managment is very poor, its give you sales comission, after you have porcentage to sales and when the costumer return what them buy and you have less money
Pros
comission paid not good salary
Cons
not good salary
fun and friendly
Macy's Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 14, 2017
very understanding job about work hours and personal problems. non judgemental place and everyone is nice and very helpful. if in need of help they will help you even if the task is very easy.
Best place to be
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJDecember 14, 2017
So if your looking for a really good place to work then go to Macys I loved it there my boss was the best the staff was so cool and if I have a chance to go back I would
Pros
Stress free
Cons
The mall
Very Productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYDecember 14, 2017
It ways a very productive environment, there was always something to do. There was always multiple managers on the sales floor in case you had a question.
Cons
Short Breaks
fun place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJDecember 14, 2017
Met a different array of people with unique shopping habits and taste. It is an ok place to work just to watch people buy new clothes the way it made them was thrilling.
Pros
cake on one day sale
Cons
no break if you work part time
Macy's
Vice President / Store Manager, Mission Viejo, CA (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 14, 2017
After many years of positive experiences at Macy's, our district was assigned a DVP with a reputation for favoritism and poor people skills. The work environment became untenable for many of us. He has since been job eliminated.
North Face Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 13, 2017
Managers need to be more collaborative. They always made my work day a little stressful. They were never appreciative and are always complaining and putting all the stress on Associates.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Hours
Loved the environment and ethic of Macy's
Women's Shoe Sale Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CADecember 13, 2017
Liked the holiday sales and all of the craziness of Black Friday. I was only a temporary employee, but it was quite the experience. I wish i would have honestly stayed after the season as a regular employee.
Pros
Dressed in business casual
Cons
Long hours on peak days
Great schedule and discount
Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 13, 2017
Varied schedule. Sometimes not enough hours. Great discount and coworkers. Managers, some great, some not. Many times there was not enough help and customers complained. It’s pretty good for retail!
Your typical retail job
Pricing and Signing Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 13, 2017
I disliked everyday I was there. I worked only to survive, fresh out of college. Macy's is a great place to learn how to work with people in a group to get big projects done. Management was most of the time HORRIBLE. Rejects with power issues. There was no workplace culture, there was only work to be done. You learn that customers are unreasonable and terrible most of the time. As a young person with no money, the holidays is a great chance to get hired, work loooooog hours, and get paid minimum wage for your hard work. Minimum wage is adequate because it's a skilless job.
Pros
Exercise, the store is very big.
Cons
Terrible customers
a fair place to work
Warehouse-picking Technician (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVDecember 13, 2017
job is fast paced. management is highly focused on goals and meeting standards and fairness. job is seasonal and not guaranteed but and overall fair place to work .
Facilitation Manager (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 13, 2017
Amazing company, wonderful people and management, ever changing. Good benefits and pay structure, leadership development opportunities for students graduating from College.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macy's. Our community is ready to answer.