Macy's Employee Reviews

Found 26,968 reviews matching the search See all 27,054 reviews
Seasonal Job
Retail, Cashier, Fine Jewelry Department (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 13, 2018
I was a cashier in the jewelry department. Cased out customers with a credit card debit card check or cash. Guide them to see what piece of jewelry will be the best.
Pros
discounts
Cons
not full time
great place to work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CANovember 13, 2018
connection between customer and sales associate is great. they are asking for help and a sales associate is always ready to help them in every situation
Stressful & unfair work environment
Cosmetics Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Downey, CANovember 13, 2018
Early on I really enjoyed my job until employees and other managers around me gave me the rundown. They told me sales managers never appreciate their efforts and were treated unfairly. Soon I witnessed myself that sales managers work against you not for you. They are very unprofessional and have their favorites. You are constantly pushed to open up credits and looked down upon when not opening enough. They are very strict when it comes to taking days off. I would schedule unavailable days and they would still schedule me and make it nearly impossible for someone to cover the shift. They claimed they couldn't make any exceptions when it came to scheduling, but would do it for their favorites. Didn't feel comfortable bringing up issues to my own manager. I enjoyed what I did there but management there and other negative employees would have me drive home in tears. Not to mention pay was not enough for everything that was demanded of this position.
Pros
Schedule is flexible
Cons
Stressful, unfair
Review
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLNovember 13, 2018
They don't allow enough flexibility at work especially for students. Co-workers are very mean because it is a commission pay an everyone is on each other's throats.
Great clientele
Retail Sales/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 13, 2018
I was disappointed when this store closed after such a short time there. Being groomed for management training after just a couple of months was flattering, but it brought out the resentment of a few long term but "unsuitable for management" coworkers. However, management was aware and handling the conflict proactively. The clientele in the downtown store was high-end, discriminating, loyal and very pleasant to serve. When corporate closed this very successful historic location in need of major renovation, I chose to return to college at Boise State, rather than relocate to the new under performing outlying store in Nampa, Idaho where the ranks of management were full.
Pros
Great management and clientele
Cons
Closure of store
Nice place to work
Digital Designer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2018
Macy's is a very nice place to work at. The co-workers are very nice and warm people. The company takes care of employees very well. Overall it is a very good experience.
Na
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 13, 2018
work for the company only six months after being laid off. the company nation wide did a cutback. I was told that all part time position was going away
Nice place to work at.
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 13, 2018
Everything was great there if I can go back I will I was a seasonal worker I would refer anyone who is looking for a retail job I prefer Macy's the Staff was excellent
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Can become permanat
Competitive and high paced
Receiving Associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 13, 2018
While Macy’s is a great store for customers, it’s not so kind to it employees. If your looking for a job that is fufilling but also pays well, I’d say look elsewhere. Macy’s is a great starter job for those who want to lack onto the ways of a competitive job
Flexible scheduling
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Downey, CANovember 12, 2018
A typical day at work would be a morning rally talking about our daily goals in accordance with our quarterly goal. The management team aren't breathing down our necks which is nice. I will say that the management team relocates a lot and the draw commission goal is very UNREALISTIC. They have so many deductions and commission percentage is too low. There is 0 incentive to be apart of the commission team because of how little reward for such highly stressful job.
Pros
hour lunches, flexible, good work spirit
Cons
commission sucks
Not Pleasant
Empowered associate given Manager Override (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYNovember 12, 2018
Working here was a mistake. I worked as hard as humanly possible and Macys set unattainable goals, and a terrible environment for employees to try to thrive in.
Una tienda muy complasiente con los clientes
Associado en ventas (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTNovember 12, 2018
Tienda muy frecuentada por su trato al cliente y sus descuentos
Cons
Hay descanso para tomar reseso
Good company
Cahier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 12, 2018
Working for Macy’s was fun, however it just wasn’t my type of job environment. Otherwise it was a good job. Fun filled environment, quick paced. Friendly people. Customers were okay.
N/a
SUPPORT ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CANovember 12, 2018
Its a decent place to work for the benefits are up to par and you do get health benefits. The only error is they should have the part timers get full time benefits
Fun place to work
E-Commerce Lead (Former Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 12, 2018
It is a nice and fun place to work. Every opportunity is learning process. Great Mangers and coworkers. Management team was awesome.It was enjoyable to work there.
Macys Sucks
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 12, 2018
Horrible place to work. I really don't care to answer this question or do this survey.
They are terminating me for no reason. I think they are stupid
Room to grow with the company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 12, 2018
Working at Macy gives you the opportunity to grow with the company.
Macy's offers benefits, 401k plan, and workplace culture. If your looking for growth, then Macy's is the environment and workplace for you.
Really stressful. Really rude. No structure.
Fulfillment and Sales floor (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MANovember 11, 2018
I wouldn't recommend it. It is a very fast paced, yet unstructured environment. The managers are rude and they treat the seasonal employees as if they were items.
Managers are laggy
Flex Beaut y Advisor (Current Employee) –  San BernardinoNovember 11, 2018
Never received employee discount no one would assist in fixing this issue , manager would not work with school hours which would make me sacrifice points instead of editing availability
Great place to work for part time employment
Men's Suits Associate (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 11, 2018
Most days coverage is low requiring open communication with colleagues to coordinate adequate coverage for meals and breaks. Management has been going through a lot of shifts resulting in senior associates providing training to new management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macy's. Our community is ready to answer.

58.2K

2.7InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight