Macy's Employee Reviews

Found 25,888 reviews matching the search See all 25,973 reviews
Flexible and motivating workplace
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT TEAM ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTAugust 14, 2018
Salespeople were motivated and asked to meet goals, managers were available and helpful. Company policies were helpful and sufficient, benefits were good.
Pros
good benefits, flexible schedules, incentives
Cons
little advancement
Decent pay but inconsistent hours
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZAugust 14, 2018
The management is very inconsistent with their scheduling. Sometimes you work 3 days a week, sometimes you don't get scheduled for like 2 weeks. Some days they are understaffed and you are swamped with work and some days they have so many people on that work is slow. When you do work, the breaks are short and you must stay on your feet for 10 hours.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
short breaks, inconsistent scheduling, long shifts with no chairs to sit
Very Good company to work for.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAAugust 14, 2018
I enjoyed working for Macy's during the seasonal months. Macy's is a good company to work for. The company keeps the employees informed and well-trained.
Pros
Macy's employee incentives
Cons
N/a
It was a company that provided me job security
LEAD SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CAAugust 14, 2018
It was a company that provided job security. I was given many opportunities for advancement. It was a place that taught me many new skills. It provided the finances I needed to get through college.
Great Position
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 14, 2018
Loved my experience at macy's. The typical day was very easy. The customer interactions were great and friendly. The employees were also great. It was an amazing position to hold.
Very friendly and good for advancement.
Sales and Support (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 14, 2018
Macy's is a very relaxed atmosphere and not as stressful as Nordstroms.
The people at Macy's are not out to take a person's sales for commission. FYI
very poor job for the average person.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTAugust 13, 2018
I don't have anything to say. I liked the people I worked with, but it was horrible pay and no benefits. I felt very under appreciated. and my skills under utilized.
Store manager is so disrespectful
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 13, 2018
the store manager will laugh with her colleagues but with others will talk down about cashiers *Cherry Creek store otherwise all other managers were amazing store manager very hostile with those below her
slow customer service and i basically worke by myself
Packer Associate (Current Employee) –  Owasso, OK 74055August 13, 2018
During my time at the store, I noticed many associates looking for drama instead of working. associates that have been working there for years. I have to say for my first job I liked the hard work and smiles I accomplished to make but when it came to the other associates ( mainly in the men department) it was like they didn't care at all. I cleaned, folded clothes and helped customers, while the others acted like they didn't care a goofed around. as for the Macys warehouse I spent two weeks waiting on a pay check they lost. I was furious, because I am 18 years old who moved to a new state to start college and had to wait several weeks to be able to eat.
Pros
I did my job right, my manager would prefer me and was very sad to see me go
Cons
customer service
Fun workplace, good team work with piers,
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 13, 2018
Enjoyed workplace, made it fun with my piers and employees. Great on the job training everyday. Accomplishing daily goals and providing great customer service. Engaging with customers and providing satisfaction. Workload was heavy at times while multi tasking to get other things done. Staffing was always challenging in certain areas everyday. Really enjoyed working with my fellow piers, everyone worked as a team. Enjoyed developing my associates and engaging with customers.
Pros
vacation benefits, Medical benefits and 401k program.
Cons
workload, working on holidays
Amazing!
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJAugust 13, 2018
I enjoy working at macys, it really gave me the knowledge needed for my future job and the environment was very fun. I would refer anyone there because it was an amazing experience overall.
Beauty Advisor
sale representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 13, 2018
It was fun working as a beauty advisor at Macy's. I enjoyed the perk of discounts and sales. The hardest part of this job was not being able to control shopping.
Ok
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYAugust 13, 2018
I worked from 8-2 Monday-Friday. It took me an hour or less to fix the cloths/ add new cloths to the displays. The rest of my day was spent wondering/helping the other departments or storage units
Pros
Can work between departments
Cons
Crowded, Demanding at times
not clear memory...
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marlow Heights, MDAugust 13, 2018
i left in 2014, remember working often, so youd get pretty decent hours. you were rewarded for how many credit applications you opened from each customer
productive
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZAugust 13, 2018
i was on my feet all day but felt like break time wasn't enough especially because i worked for 10 hours and was on my feet all day. Its not fair that we only get 8 days off sick time per year
Macys Engineering Department
Engineering (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 13, 2018
Macys Engineering department was where I learned a lot of my work skills in maintenance engineering. And they also gave me an opportunity to attend trade school, which I did and furthered my education,
Pros
Learned alot of new skills
Horrible
Shuttler (Former Employee) –  North Jackson, OHAugust 13, 2018
This job doesn’t train you for the position you are hired for and expect you to learn on your own. And I had lack of attention from the supervisor. In order for me to get to him I had to ask a friend to call him over the radio.
Easy to create balance with personal and professional
MK Footwear Manager (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLAugust 13, 2018
Macy's is a world renown company. Working under commission is difficult but if you have school or a life outside of work this company can give that to you.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
Late nights
I have enjoyed workint at Macys although I am seeking a position closer to my home. I have been working there for 5 years this November.
Credit and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 12, 2018
i work 10 to 6:30 Monday through Friday in the Billing Adjustments Department. My department's jobs are being moved to another regional office and I am currently training for a Customer Service position. The people are very nice. The hardest part of the job is having to learn as you go..the training only provides about half of what is needed to handle the customer service position. I do not like not knowing what I'm doing and having to put a customer on hold while I seek answers.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
training is lacking
Nice Place, but management wasn't great, and the coworkers were pretty rude.
Seasonal Cosmetics Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 12, 2018
Coworkers were really judgemental. A lot of bad management. The good thing about Macy's is working there for the discounts. Some of the people are nice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macy's. Our community is ready to answer.

57.9K
47.9K
36.5K
22.1K
11.5K

Diversity score

58out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Macy's.

Powered by Comparably