Macy's Employee Reviews

36.5K
22.1K
11.5K
Found 25,822 reviews matching the search See all 25,906 reviews
As an Executive in 4 wall stores their is very little work life balance.
JEWELRY SALES EXECUTIVE/ BUSINESS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  KYAugust 7, 2018
Macy's does offer lots of benefits. The expectations can be unrealistic at times. Work life balance as a Sales Executive is challenging. Calls on days off, changing of schedule, ect.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Work life balance
deal with merchandise
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 7, 2018
A day would consist of me organizing merchndize and selling merchandize. I learne how to sell mechandize and customer service skills. I rarely dealed with managaement during my job. The hardest part of the job was fast paced part of the job. The most enjpyable part of the job was getting to offer help to the customers.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
short break
Sneaky Snakes in Cosmetics
Beauty Advisor - Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2018
I think working for Macy's could have been a wonderful experience had I not worked in cosmetics. The women that work there have often been there for 15+ years. They take joy in making sure the newbie 'pays their dues'.

The hours are flexible and you are paid weekly. You are able to trade shifts with your teammates if you experience an emergency.

Macy's runs competitions on the weekends for credit cards, this is fun. The prizes are usually vouchers that you can use to purchase things in the store.

The sales are amazing, but be careful you could spend all your money there.
Pros
Flexible hours, paid weekly
Cons
Catty coworkers
Cosmetics Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 6, 2018
Really good place to work. Associate discount, additional discounts through out the year. Flexible scheduling, good work environment. Lots of incentives and perks.
Productive environment that has a good work balance
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INAugust 6, 2018
Macy's is a great work environment that has a good work/ life balance. My main issue diminished opportunities for advancement. There seems to be less development of staff and more recruitment from outside of the company.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
lack of development
Productive and strict workplace.
RETAIL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 6, 2018
Working at Macy’s was a different experience for me. I had to stand on my feet for long periods of time I always got the job done. You need to be consistent and able to work with lots of people.
Ok
COSMETIC SALES (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2018
Good to start off in and to build a resume and meet new people and learn a lot about patience. Management could learn to communicate better. .........
Pros
Paid time off, 1hr lunch, over time
Cons
Low pay
A place that sometimes it was fun
cosmetic consultant (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 6, 2018
I was nice helping the costumers and the families finding their needs. I did enjoy working at Macy's and met a lot of great people that I still keep in touch.
Fun place to work
Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 6, 2018
Catered to customers very professionally environment great management team customers are always happy ,associates always meet there gold and everyone is like family
Good place to work.
Men's Department Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 6, 2018
Management was fine. Enjoyed cashier duties and customer service aspect of the job very much. Enjoyed placing incoming products on sales floor. Exciting during high traffic seasons.
Pros
Store discount.
Cons
Low pay.
Big Ticket Sales
BIG TICKET SALES (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAAugust 6, 2018
Selling Furniture to customers who visit store.
Hardest part of job is dealing with a very large corporation that moves slowly to improve and react to the business needs.
Most enjoyable part of job is meeting wonderful customers and helping them with their furniture needs.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COAugust 6, 2018
This is a great place to work. It's a productive family providing customer service o a daily basis. Everyone is striving to reduce waiting in lines, speaking to customers, completing online orders, and providing knowledge about merchandise.
Pros
The environment in the store is very friendly.
Cons
No Part time manager positions
Like being in combat
Dept Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 6, 2018
Macy's is a so so place to work. Because of of the way they run their sales and promotion working there is somewhat like being in combat, periods of boredom intersperced with periods of chaos.
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 6, 2018
My sales job at Macy's is great serving the customer great customer service to customers. Its a fun and excited store, and the location is a great place to work.
Fast shopping environment but a fun experience.
Promotions Agent/Cody (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 6, 2018
Working in perfume promotions was a fun experience. Standing on your feet and asking customers to sample the products up for promotion in that season.
Pros
Networking and customer service
Good job
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg wvAugust 6, 2018
I was a seasonal worker for martinsburg wv. I enjoyed ny time there, it was fast paced, breaks were spaced well and they had multiple postions and work times. They also were proactive about information there employees may need.
Fun Place
Assistant to visual merchandizing manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 6, 2018
Pricing around store, changing labels, and floor set ups. Also doing decorating and set up for Holiday time, Merchandising and organizing. Unloading trucks.
Loving and Caring
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 6, 2018
Ensured that fitting rooms were ready for customers by promptly clearing merchandise and returning it to the proper area of the selling floor. Maintained selling floor presentations, and restocked them as needed. Learned systems and procedures to enhance selling efficiencies and complete support duties. Processed merchandise returns courteously and professionally. Was responsible for achieving personal sales goals and Star Reward goals.
Great work envirment
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 6, 2018
My Typical work day at macy. I would come in and count my draw. Cleaning and sorting clothes. Helping my customers find What they needed to wear for any event as far as weddings, graduations, Christmas parties ext.
My customers where always satisfied and always came back just to shop with me.
I enjoyed pleasing my customers.
Pros
I loved working on my own, In my section or area i was assigned to.
Cons
I really disliked the favoritism shown towards other employees
Macys
LOSS PREVENTION DETECTIVE (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 6, 2018
Compensation was not worth the work. Found out that the deterring officer was making more than the prevention officer who did most of the work. Good start job but not career worthy If you plan on being in this line of work.