Macy's Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Part-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VADecember 9, 2017
Fun everyone’s super cool easy to work with nice workplace unless it’s the holidays the hours aren’t really there though but management is definitely willing to work with you
Retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 9, 2017
Working at Macy's is your typical retail experience, long hours, low wage, clean store, take care of customers, put clothes back on rack, wash rinse repeat.
N/a
Pricing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 9, 2017
I believe that Macy need to pay their employees more for entry level work such as pricing coordinators, office coordinators, office coordinators and sale managers
Fast paced job.
Sales Associate Full-Time (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, IDDecember 8, 2017
Come into work clock in, and then go to the department you are working in for the day, find out who else you are working with. Management was nice, fair.
Macy's is Great for a Part time or first job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 8, 2017
Working at Macy's isn't by far the worst place possible to work. They are however very understaffed and also high demanding. They will often call you in on your off days, and ask you to stay later than your scheduled shift and come in early. They are experiencing budget cuts and seem to have tried to force 3-4 different departments/ positions into 1. Other than these things and some scheduling issues they are an overall OK company.
Pros
schedule flexibility, employee discounts
Cons
work-life balance
Ok work environment
Replenishment Associate (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WADecember 8, 2017
Ever Changing work environment glad it was constantly fast-paced and filled with customer service and customer appreciation. An interesting place to work at.
Prefer not to
Retail Specialist (Former Employee) –  standford, caDecember 8, 2017
Prefer not to give review. Go ask others. Is it necessary? Is this part of how one is judged whether good employee or potential bad employee? Best of luck
Good
Support Team (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CADecember 8, 2017
Macy’s really helped me given the fact that it was my first real job. Macy’s is very customer friendly and this job really helped me be more open with conversations and socially talking with the customers.
Seasonal Associate
Season Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CADecember 8, 2017
Working for Macy's during the holiday season has always been busy and which I enjoy doing. I love working with Macy's clientele. The management team are all helpful and sweet. The pay has always been pretty decent.
Pros
Hours and Pay
Cons
Sometimes the politics can easily get away with throwing you under for no reason.
Your experience can be dependent on your location
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJDecember 8, 2017
At the Macys in Woodbridge, NJ, I had an amazing time and experience. I worked during the holiday season so it was VERY fast-paced and always on your feet, type of work. The managers were on-point but very understanding. HR was nice as well. I loved the customers and had a lot of room for growth. The hardest part was standing for so long but you are constantly on the move as well. Working as a seasonal worker sometimes you are placed in different areas. One of my worst work days was spent going through returned clothing items. I enjoy interacting with customers. But overall I loved Macys up North.
Fun place
Support member (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 8, 2017
very nice place to work but it can get a little bit much because some of the customers tend to be very rude when certain deals are on and they cant use their coupons how they thought they could. but other than that I had a good experience. everyone was nice and they provided good hours even able to pick up hours whenever you want
Pros
gives discounts and macys card
Cons
na
job at macys
Cashier/Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 8, 2017
great place to work at. great people. would work there again. pay was alright i was just an associate so it was good pay. working holiday season is the best because they treat you like family.
I enjoyed working at Macy’s, but when they started changing store managers that didn’t have a clue, every thing changed
Sales Associate and set sale lead (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTDecember 8, 2017
Too many chiefs to do a good job, they all seem to have their own thoughts on how things should work. Newer ones think they have new ideas, but end up being the thing the store tried before and it felled. Managers hired from in store where they were sales associates, get big egos and the associates will not respect that person. They should trainsfere to another store.
I enjoyed working with the public, have made many friendships.
Pros
Great associates
Cons
Terrible managers that were never schooled to be mamagers
Retail leader.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 8, 2017
A fun place to work and grow. Accountability and resposibilty behaviors are noticed and rewarded. Associates are loyat to the store and company deserve their compensations accordingly.
Pros
A fun challenging place to work.
Cons
Holiday hours.
MAcy's AST Team
Administrative Support Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MODecember 8, 2017
Great people, stressful work environment. The hours for working cash office were frustrating and the store was often understaffed which made things difficult for the administrative/HR team.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Non-consistent hours, pay too low
Seasonal
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CADecember 8, 2017
Just a seasonal part time job that was very stressful and demanding with heavy lifting. I enjoyed the hour lunch and working independently. However didn't like that the schedule was crazy all over the place and they wanted us to start way too early in the morning before the store even opened. Overall, I was glad when I quit. Pay was terrible being $8.50/hr.
Pros
Worked on my own most of the time
Cons
Seasonal, pay, mangers, hours in the early AM
Can be a fun place to work with right Management
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 7, 2017
I worked at Macy's for about 2 years in different departments, so I was able to understand and learn certain things with each department. Working there was fun, and I met some great people, but some of the management there was not the best. They would demean you or just lie to get you to do something and take advantage of a young person's naivety. But some managers were amazing. Very kind and helpful without demeaning you, I'll miss those managers the most. I think the hardest part of the job is trying to deal with coworker competition or an unruly customer, but overall I had a good experience at Macy's.
Pros
Fast paced, job advancement, commission.
Cons
not enough hours, no benefits, iffy managment
Overall
Sales Associate/Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTDecember 7, 2017
Macy's is a fun place to work because of the great associates that work there. The customers are awesome as well, the managers are not so great if I'm being honest. If you are looking to get recognized for your great work then Macy's is not the place for you. There are those who do a great service because they are great people, but great people need to be thanked and recognized by managers every once in a while.
If you like easy, its for you.
Backroom Associate, Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2017
Most days were the same. I had to make sure the floors were clean, garbage can's was empty and that's about it. Worked alone didn't like that much. Job was easy nothing hard about it. Culture felt much like I was in school with adults, So many people working there you would never know everyone or really form any good work relationships. Which was good in a way cause you have many people to interact with but bad when you had to walk into a random stall and a lot of the times let them know you work there too. Management was good, You could just never find them.
Pros
Relaxed and easy
Cons
Relaxed and easy
Nice Experience
Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  NYDecember 7, 2017
Macy's is a great place to start your career but in order to make money you must move on and potentially return to demand a higher salary. Its has a great work culture in spite of low pay.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macy's. Our community is ready to answer.