Macy's Employee Reviews

Found 31,259 reviews matching the search See all 31,403 reviews
not a place i enjoyed and i gave it my all
icqa, packer, picking orders, material handler (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVDecember 5, 2019
company aint worth anything nothin but back stebbers could never reach my full potential because of people always attacking my great work ethic especially in pack and icqa
ok
Fulfillment Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 5, 2019
I worked from 7am until 6pm different days of the week. I enjoyed the employment due to having specific time that i would be working which made for outside work-life to be more enjoyable,
I enjoyed working here
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 5, 2019
Macy's allows you to have a large degree of control over your schedule. The focus on customer happiness was what I liked about working there. The hardest part of the job was keeping the floor recovered during the holiday season.
fun
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  South Beach, FLDecember 5, 2019
macys was a really fun place to work. the company is really diverse the employees varied in age and race. the schedule was great for me at the time because I was in college and needed to be flexible
Overall
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 5, 2019
Not very organized. I learned a lot and feel as tho it helped me grow and know what I did or didn’t want in a career. They were in transition and had very little sales people on the floor at the time. Management was changing and I felt as tho I was there at a difficult time for the location.
Learning alot in different ways
Make up advisor (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYDecember 5, 2019
Macys was a good environment to work in, I learned a lot and loved doing what i did. There was a lot of opportunities there as well. To grow and learn more.
The management
cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 5, 2019
The management wasn't great they treated me unfairly and blaimed me for many of the things that happened. But overall i like to work hard and push myself to the limits to make a customer satisfied.
In my review it is the greatest company to work
Floor Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZ 85206December 5, 2019
I at the time that I was working for Macy's in all those year
I enjoying every single day and I learn a lot related to customer service and if you could I just go back to work with this great company
It was nice
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 5, 2019
Great job I just could not afford the commute back and forth it was too expensive on the gas. Yet I would stilll recommend this job for anyone seeking seasonal part time employment
Good Place to work. Not a lot of room for advancement.
Hourly Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, TNDecember 5, 2019
Overall, It was a good place to work. Get's hectic during Peak. You start to feel small and insignificant at this time. Compensation is average for the area.
Ok
Fulfillment Associate-seasonal (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 5, 2019
Over job was ok I enjoyed being busy and on your feet . Lack of support from mgmnt being told one thing one day then the complete opposite the next day . Very understaffed & lack of supplies to complete jobs . Coworkers were fantastic. Was told there would be permanent job then 2 days later other employees are told that it ‘came from cooperate ‘ that there are no permanent jobs .
Get your experience and move on
Asset Protection Detective (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILDecember 5, 2019
I enjoyed my DMI and other district leaders. Store level Assistant AP manager and AP manager of ops were both giving different orders to APDs. They constantly barked orders at you. You would do them and get yelled at by the other manager. AAPM would come to work smelling like weed. I can deal with difficult co workers however it's not worth the 12.50. An hour
Great job opportunity
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILDecember 5, 2019
I really enjoyed working there. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The only part I didn't like was the rude customers. Some were very impatient when I first started because I was new to the job and still hadn't learned how to do everything. However there was one lady that was very nice and understanding and she even told another customer that she was being very rude. Unfortunately rude customers come with the job. But the staff was nice so that's all that matters.
Shop captain Macy's in Houston Texas
Shop Captain (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2019
The environment at the Almeda Macy's Houston Texas was exceptionally fantastic. I regret my decision for leaving for another company. that atmosphere and fellow employees were so fantastic and supportive that I still continue to have contact with them to this day.
Awesome
Holidays/ Temp Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2019
My experience was great . I learnt many things while working over there. It was my first experience as a sales executive and it helped me a lot to learn many things.
Productive and fun place to work
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Natick, MADecember 4, 2019
Also regularly checks on resident’s safety and well being, and often assists in other activities as assigned. Daily tasks included assisting residents with activities of daily living.
Employee
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Canoga Park, CADecember 4, 2019
In the being managers are nice and friendly but now they are extremely rude and always in a bad attitude. Also other associates that work there are extremely rude and not helpful
I love Macy's for the time that I was there
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, MODecember 4, 2019
I got comfortable with the staff and the employees and everything was fun everything ran smooth even the shippers was a handful we joked and laughed so hard I actually kind of miss it
Job should come with a WARNING label
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2019
The woman that was the VP of Furniture division was clearly gunning for me. She worked hard to get me fired, using every opportunity to criticize my work and my relationships with co-workers. Never understood if it was my race or age that caused her to dislike me so much.

I eventually moved on and found another position when I found out that she had writtien a derogatory email about me to my boss during the re-organization, attacking my character and work ethics.

My advice would be to proceed with caution if you are thinking about working at Macys Herald Square Tower location.
Good place to work part time
Pt time Asset Protection Detective (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVDecember 4, 2019
great learning curve for anyone new or experienced. Great staff. Flexible schedule, as I was already working full time for the WV State Government and needed a second income. I was able to utilize my education in criminal justice as well as my work experience in Corrections in my specific role of security and asset protection.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macy's. Our community is ready to answer.

59.5K
49.2K
37.7K
22.7K
12.2K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Macy's.

Powered by Comparably