Madden Industrial Craftsmen, Inc. Employee Reviews

Hands down the best.
Skilled Laborer (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJuly 18, 2019
Madden doesn't feel like a staffing agency. From the recruitment process to the jobs that are offered, it's just a professional employment opportunity.
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
Some jobs are not long enough to settle down with.
Fast paced.
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 22, 2019
Its ok when they have a job lined up for you. Paid every week. Pay verys depending on the job. But the downside is it takes a couple weeks before getting sent to a new site. Ive had to rely on side jobs to keep me going.
Pros
Get to eperiance everything.
Cons
Takes to long to get sent to a job site.
Ok for a pay check
Carpenter/ maintenance work (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAApril 27, 2019
I was accused of using drugs . I never used when I worked here . another one of there workers told the company that I used and that was not the truth he said it to get me in trouble. I never really tried to convince my manager that it wasn't true. I felt like it was there job to come and ask me. When I started there I was drug tested and was clean. Several times along the way I was tested. The guy who started all of it is a fat lazy old man with no balls.
Pros
They paid on friday
Cons
I got no benifets
Official response from Madden Industrial Craftsmen, Inc.
May 16, 2019

Madden offers benefits, so not sure why you didn't take advantage of them.

excellent
Sr. Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 29, 2019
Excellent place to work Vancouver office manager is awesome, after working there for 11 years and then leaving thinking I needed a change, not so!!! this was the best job.
I very much enjoy this Temp Agency
Temp (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 17, 2018
I absolutely love and recommend this industrial temp agency. They are very supportive and helpful. As well as always there when you need them. Incredibly reliable.
Work is demanding but pays well
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Renton, WANovember 24, 2018
Walk into work and put on phone.
Alarms and calls going off and
get tools together and start the day.
Quick trouble shooting.
Or major breakdowns to where
a system need major work.
Complete job and then on to the next
problem of the day. Never stops.
Fast Paced
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 22, 2018
After coming in for an interview I was placed out on a job within a week. You need to be ready to work for the company they send you to. Would highly recommend working here to anyone. Only positive experiences when working with Madden Industrial Craftsmen.
Pros
Quick Job Placement
They made me who i am today
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJuly 20, 2018
Madden Industrial is a placement agency. I worked for their fab shop in downtown portland. I loved working there, they taught me almost everything i know about welding and fabrication. And i was also taught how to be a leader on job sites. I will always thank them for the work they gave me, but unfortunately i need a raise or a promotion into a different path. I find that it is possible to grow out of a job, which i did with madden. But it is a great place for most. I just needed more.
Pros
outdoor work
Cons
Low pay
temp agency for construction
Working Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJuly 13, 2018
I have to admit, Madden seems to be the best construction staffing agency around the Seattle area. That being said, owners spout about having integrity but I didn't experience that to be true.
Somewhat Mixed Bag
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 13, 2018
Sometimes you take a low paying job if there's not much available, and sometimes you land a really good spot and end up getting hired on. My experience has been mostly straightforward - show up to the job site, do the work, and text or email a photo of my timecard at the end of the week. They're usually good about letting you know about the conditions & environment, what attire to wear, and any PPE you'll need.
They had some gear available for purchase in the office years ago and used to deduct it from your paycheck if you needed the advance but I don't know if they still do.
If you're sent to a job and they've got other workers along side you it can be a bit of a headache - the personalities and individual work ethics can really vary and make any task a whole other project in itself. On the personal level it isn't so much to deal with but sometimes one has to wonder if they're damaging the relationship with the customer you're working for and thereby sabotaging any future work.
Pros
Easy timecards
Cons
Jobs usually go beyond office hours, co-workers are unpredictable
Good to get your foot in the door for a career in construction
Helper (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJune 14, 2018
Always found myself making long commutes, and never getting any work in the within the driving distance I told them I was willing to handle. In between jobs I would go weeks ( two months in one instance) without any work offered, despite checking in with my contact and being told I they would get in touch with me soon. My phone calls were returned only occasionally. On the other hand, when I injured myself outside of work; management was were understanding and seemed to have my best interest in mind. Also, this job provides the opportunity to meet new people frequently; mostly all of them (the other madden employees) hard working and pleasant enough to work with.
I learned a lot in my 8 years
BRANCH DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 17, 2018
Solid Family run business.
Great reputation in the staffing industry.
Opportunity for learning and growth.
I had an excellent team of results oriented individuals reporting to me.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Autonomy
Lied to then ignored
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 11, 2017
They lied about a job they put me in then didn't respond when I said it wasn't for me and asked for something else. This place is terrible and I wouldn't recommend anyone use them.
Temp company.
Fabricator/Welder/Lead man (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 6, 2017
Ok place to learn lots of basic trade skills. But experienced workers would not want to stay long because it can be like a sweat shop with terrible medical benefits.
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 14, 2017
Great place to work no complaints. They helped me find a job that was at a good wage for what I feel my skills are worth. Since I was military they helped me find work fast.
Pros
Good with helping you find work with good wages
Cons
No healthcare
A long standing co.
Packaging (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 25, 2016
I worked in their Mixing, and Maintenance Departments as well as their Boiler Operations. Their biggest problem is that about the only time you hear from management is when their in a kicking mood. Few if any Atta-boy's are even heard of.
Pros
Steady work.
Cons
Rewards don't equate with the effort.
Great company with lots of good jobs
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 22, 2016
I have a worked as a contractor for Madden for a few years now. They always get me great jobs with good pay and with good companies. I would recommend anyone that is looking for work in the industrial, construction, or production industries to give them a call.
Pros
good pay, benefits, 401k match for temps.
Cons
no cons
Great staffing Agency to work for in Portland Metro Area
Recruiter Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 22, 2016
Madden Industrial Craftsmen is a family-owned staffing agency in the Portland Metro area that specializes in staffing entry level and skilled craftsmen for positions in the construction and industrial fields. They put an emphasis on finding the best fit for employees and clients. They really focus on the complete employee experience and go out of their way to make sure it is good. They do get a good amount of employee references which is a good sign they are doing something right.
Pros
Good benefits, great work environment, nice people, knowledgeable of industry, and helpful.
Cons
Not all types of industry jobs are available and sometimes slow in finding work
Pride Is Way of Work.
Construction Laborer (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAJuly 8, 2016
The overall hospitality is what gives this company it's perks. They understood and respected the fact that I work under very strict clean and meticulous conditions and they placed and allowed me to be assigned in/on job sites to exercise my expertise in these areas.
Pride is a way of work.
Day Laborer (Former Employee) –  1000 SW 34th St. Renton, WA 98005July 8, 2016
I love to work and I am programmed to operating under strict professional guidelines, which include being very Neat, Clean and Meticulous. Satisfaction is the only thing to left behind.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Madden Industrial Craftsmen, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Madden Industrial Craftsmen, Inc. Reviews by Location