Madden Industrial Craftsmen, Inc.

Madden Industrial Craftsmen, Inc. Employee Reviews

Pretty much as the title says. Jobs are far and few in between, rarely pays enough to be worth the injuries that you are pretty likely to sustain. There seems to be no screening process for who can hire through them - many employers being abusive, violent, and have no qualms about racist/sexist comments in the workplace.
Pros
You get a wide array of job experiences.
Cons
Extreme exposure to elements, hazardous jobs, poor pay, unsafe employers and coworkers.
I got a hammer pulled out on me and they didn't believe me lost my job because i called police and i was told that was too much and got called a liar.
They Madden management team makes me feel important and valuable. But the people we get contracted to as an employee don't treat you the same. Your just a number to them and once your not needed or not on the cool side they get rid of you no questions asks. Companies that also have poor leadership and basically you have no feeling of job security, scared for my job every day. I my self was let go for no reason. A Foreman's mistake. I lost my position he stayed.
Pros
Good pay. Management team is great
Cons
No feeling of job security. Wrongful termination
I have nothing but good things to say about madden. If you work for them you get paid fairly and you get it every Thursday. They also pay on the higher end of the scale I was a carpenter for them and I got 28 per hour.. I don't really know what they do for benifets. I would recommend them to a friend
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Good people would know the work. Always had me working, top dollar for a comstruction placement company, an no pressure. You work when you want to work.
For the type of work and it being temp work it was a great employer to work for. Yes some days were slow or you didn't work a day or two but the pay was decent and the people and clients that you worked with were professional and courteous.
Small family run business that believes in helping people find work. The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting clients with qualified applicants.
Madden kept me as busy as I wanted to be. Only left because of a injury that wasn't job related. I couldn't wait for the doctor to declare me fit for work so I had to shop for a job I could perform while healing.
Great teamwork within the office, good focus on finding the right job for applicants. Made great connections in the heavy industrial industries with both clients and employees.
I am a hard worker, and this company will keep you on your toes. I've learned a lot and lucky to have been apart of the Madden team. I only wish the company the best in the future.
Good place to work dont know a lot about this place but they try hard to get you placed eith thr right people pay is fair people are nice not much elce to say
Madden doesn't feel like a staffing agency. From the recruitment process to the jobs that are offered, it's just a professional employment opportunity.
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
Some jobs are not long enough to settle down with.
Its ok when they have a job lined up for you. Paid every week. Pay verys depending on the job. But the downside is it takes a couple weeks before getting sent to a new site. Ive had to rely on side jobs to keep me going.
Pros
Get to eperiance everything.
Cons
Takes to long to get sent to a job site.
I was accused of using drugs . I never used when I worked here . another one of there workers told the company that I used and that was not the truth he said it to get me in trouble. I never really tried to convince my manager that it wasn't true. I felt like it was there job to come and ask me. When I started there I was drug tested and was clean. Several times along the way I was tested. The guy who started all of it is a fat lazy old man with no balls.
Pros
They paid on friday
Cons
I got no benifets
Official response from Madden Industrial Craftsmen, Inc.
May 16, 2019
Madden offers benefits, so not sure why you didn't take advantage of them.
Excellent place to work Vancouver office manager is awesome, after working there for 11 years and then leaving thinking I needed a change, not so!!! this was the best job.
I absolutely love and recommend this industrial temp agency. They are very supportive and helpful. As well as always there when you need them. Incredibly reliable.
Walk into work and put on phone. Alarms and calls going off and get tools together and start the day. Quick trouble shooting. Or major breakdowns to where a system need major work. Complete job and then on to the next problem of the day. Never stops.
After coming in for an interview I was placed out on a job within a week. You need to be ready to work for the company they send you to. Would highly recommend working here to anyone. Only positive experiences when working with Madden Industrial Craftsmen.
Pros
Quick Job Placement
Madden Industrial is a placement agency. I worked for their fab shop in downtown portland. I loved working there, they taught me almost everything i know about welding and fabrication. And i was also taught how to be a leader on job sites. I will always thank them for the work they gave me, but unfortunately i need a raise or a promotion into a different path. I find that it is possible to grow out of a job, which i did with madden. But it is a great place for most. I just needed more.
Pros
outdoor work
Cons
Low pay
I have to admit, Madden seems to be the best construction staffing agency around the Seattle area. That being said, owners spout about having integrity but I didn't experience that to be true.
Sometimes you take a low paying job if there's not much available, and sometimes you land a really good spot and end up getting hired on. My experience has been mostly straightforward - show up to the job site, do the work, and text or email a photo of my timecard at the end of the week. They're usually good about letting you know about the conditions & environment, what attire to wear, and any PPE you'll need. They had some gear available for purchase in the office years ago and used to deduct it from your paycheck if you needed the advance but I don't know if they still do. If you're sent to a job and they've got other workers along side you it can be a bit of a headache - the personalities and individual work ethics can really vary and make any task a whole other project in itself. On the personal level it isn't so much to deal with but sometimes one has to wonder if they're damaging the relationship with the customer you're working for and thereby sabotaging any future work.
Pros
Easy timecards
Cons
Jobs usually go beyond office hours, co-workers are unpredictable