Madden Industrial Craftsmen, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fast Paced
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 22, 2018
After coming in for an interview I was placed out on a job within a week. You need to be ready to work for the company they send you to. Would highly recommend working here to anyone. Only positive experiences when working with Madden Industrial Craftsmen.
Pros
Quick Job Placement
They made me who i am today
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJuly 20, 2018
Madden Industrial is a placement agency. I worked for their fab shop in downtown portland. I loved working there, they taught me almost everything i know about welding and fabrication. And i was also taught how to be a leader on job sites. I will always thank them for the work they gave me, but unfortunately i need a raise or a promotion into a different path. I find that it is possible to grow out of a job, which i did with madden. But it is a great place for most. I just needed more.
Pros
outdoor work
Cons
Low pay
temp agency for construction
Working Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJuly 13, 2018
I have to admit, Madden seems to be the best construction staffing agency around the Seattle area. That being said, owners spout about having integrity but I didn't experience that to be true.
Good to get your foot in the door for a career in construction
Helper (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJune 14, 2018
Always found myself making long commutes, and never getting any work in the within the driving distance I told them I was willing to handle. In between jobs I would go weeks ( two months in one instance) without any work offered, despite checking in with my contact and being told I they would get in touch with me soon. My phone calls were returned only occasionally. On the other hand, when I injured myself outside of work; management was were understanding and seemed to have my best interest in mind. Also, this job provides the opportunity to meet new people frequently; mostly all of them (the other madden employees) hard working and pleasant enough to work with.
I learned a lot in my 8 years
BRANCH DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 17, 2018
Solid Family run business.
Great reputation in the staffing industry.
Opportunity for learning and growth.
I had an excellent team of results oriented individuals reporting to me.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Autonomy
Lied to then ignored
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 11, 2017
They lied about a job they put me in then didn't respond when I said it wasn't for me and asked for something else. This place is terrible and I wouldn't recommend anyone use them.
Temp company.
Fabricator/Welder/Lead man (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 6, 2017
Ok place to learn lots of basic trade skills. But experienced workers would not want to stay long because it can be like a sweat shop with terrible medical benefits.
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 14, 2017
Great place to work no complaints. They helped me find a job that was at a good wage for what I feel my skills are worth. Since I was military they helped me find work fast.
Pros
Good with helping you find work with good wages
Cons
No healthcare
A long standing co.
Packaging (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 25, 2016
I worked in their Mixing, and Maintenance Departments as well as their Boiler Operations. Their biggest problem is that about the only time you hear from management is when their in a kicking mood. Few if any Atta-boy's are even heard of.
Pros
Steady work.
Cons
Rewards don't equate with the effort.
Great company with lots of good jobs
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 22, 2016
I have a worked as a contractor for Madden for a few years now. They always get me great jobs with good pay and with good companies. I would recommend anyone that is looking for work in the industrial, construction, or production industries to give them a call.
Pros
good pay, benefits, 401k match for temps.
Cons
no cons
Great staffing Agency to work for in Portland Metro Area
Recruiter Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 22, 2016
Madden Industrial Craftsmen is a family-owned staffing agency in the Portland Metro area that specializes in staffing entry level and skilled craftsmen for positions in the construction and industrial fields. They put an emphasis on finding the best fit for employees and clients. They really focus on the complete employee experience and go out of their way to make sure it is good. They do get a good amount of employee references which is a good sign they are doing something right.
Pros
Good benefits, great work environment, nice people, knowledgeable of industry, and helpful.
Cons
Not all types of industry jobs are available and sometimes slow in finding work
Pride Is Way of Work.
Construction Laborer (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAJuly 8, 2016
The overall hospitality is what gives this company it's perks. They understood and respected the fact that I work under very strict clean and meticulous conditions and they placed and allowed me to be assigned in/on job sites to exercise my expertise in these areas.
Pride is a way of work.
Day Laborer (Former Employee) –  1000 SW 34th St. Renton, WA 98005July 8, 2016
I love to work and I am programmed to operating under strict professional guidelines, which include being very Neat, Clean and Meticulous. Satisfaction is the only thing to left behind.
Good team skills. Very professional
Oregon - Temp On Call (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORApril 20, 2016
Madden is pretty good on placing employees at a work site . They communicate with you and let you know what's out there. Good place for temp work.
temp agency
temp at ShawCor as a grinder and a operator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 31, 2016
it is temp agency i thank that are really good they good to they employes thy have good benefits and are good at getting you work
No Growth, Not enough pay
grinder, mixer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 14, 2016
No growth, pay is low, benefits are as if you had no coverage at all, the Oregon health plan has better benefits, health care cost way too much. For months I was working 7 days a week, 12 hour days, eventually a person is going to get tired, worn out, sick and when that happens they fire you and deny your unemployment
Pros
paycheck comes on a card
Cons
Long hours, 7 days a week, low pay
Installing Units and ducting with Welding.
installer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 22, 2015
Refurbishing a building for a new 6 floor apartment complex. a roof top, and three smaller units. Installing F channel ducting along with S and drive cleat. We also installed some vertical runs that needed to be welded and lifted up all floors. Which lead to the most changeling part, running up and down all floors.
Pros
Reviewing Prints
Cons
Only a tempory job
HVAC installer,
HVAC installer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 22, 2015
Worked 40 hour weeks (days). Installing units and the ducting for them. A typical day included installing on many floors of the new apartment building. some ducts were connected with F channel, the vertical runs were welded. The welding was the most enjoyable part to the job. It was critical their was no gaps or air leaks, completely sealed. witch led to the least desirable part to the job; bouncing from floors 1-6 and in between. The lead man on the job was great to work with and encouraged to review the prints with any questions.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
Tempory work
Awesome people to work for
Warehouse/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WashingtonAugust 30, 2015
The summary says it all. The management are awesome people to work for and with. If you have a problem with a job that they sent you on they work fast to fix it. The people i have been able to work with met some cool people but also met some not so cool people.
hard but rewarding
day laborer (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJune 16, 2015
I did random odd jobs. They work was hard but it was rewarding as I got a sense of accomplishment completing tasks. Management was ok they sent me to different sites on different days.
Pros
got to work alone at own pace sometimes
Cons
not enough hrs and too far to drive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Madden Industrial Craftsmen, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Madden Industrial Craftsmen, Inc. Reviews by Location