Madden Industrial Craftsmen Employee Reviews

Lied to then ignored
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 11, 2017
They lied about a job they put me in then didn't respond when I said it wasn't for me and asked for something else. This place is terrible and I wouldn't recommend anyone use them.
Temp company.
Fabricator/Welder/Lead man (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 6, 2017
Ok place to learn lots of basic trade skills. But experienced workers would not want to stay long because it can be like a sweat shop with terrible medical benefits.
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 14, 2017
Great place to work no complaints. They helped me find a job that was at a good wage for what I feel my skills are worth. Since I was military they helped me find work fast.
Pros
Good with helping you find work with good wages
Cons
No healthcare
Great company with lots of good jobs
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 22, 2016
I have a worked as a contractor for Madden for a few years now. They always get me great jobs with good pay and with good companies. I would recommend anyone that is looking for work in the industrial, construction, or production industries to give them a call.
Pros
good pay, benefits, 401k match for temps.
Cons
no cons
Great staffing Agency to work for in Portland Metro Area
Recruiter Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 22, 2016
Madden Industrial Craftsmen is a family-owned staffing agency in the Portland Metro area that specializes in staffing entry level and skilled craftsmen for positions in the construction and industrial fields. They put an emphasis on finding the best fit for employees and clients. They really focus on the complete employee experience and go out of their way to make sure it is good. They do get a good amount of employee references which is a good sign they are doing something right.
Pros
Good benefits, great work environment, nice people, knowledgeable of industry, and helpful.
Cons
Not all types of industry jobs are available and sometimes slow in finding work
Pride Is Way of Work.
Construction Laborer (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAJuly 8, 2016
The overall hospitality is what gives this company it's perks. They understood and respected the fact that I work under very strict clean and meticulous conditions and they placed and allowed me to be assigned in/on job sites to exercise my expertise in these areas.
Pride is a way of work.
Day Laborer (Former Employee) –  1000 SW 34th St. Renton, WA 98005July 8, 2016
I love to work and I am programmed to operating under strict professional guidelines, which include being very Neat, Clean and Meticulous. Satisfaction is the only thing to left behind.
Good team skills. Very professional
Oregon - Temp On Call (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORApril 20, 2016
Madden is pretty good on placing employees at a work site . They communicate with you and let you know what's out there. Good place for temp work.
temp agency
temp at ShawCor as a grinder and a operator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 31, 2016
it is temp agency i thank that are really good they good to they employes thy have good benefits and are good at getting you work
No Growth, Not enough pay
grinder, mixer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 14, 2016
No growth, pay is low, benefits are as if you had no coverage at all, the Oregon health plan has better benefits, health care cost way too much. For months I was working 7 days a week, 12 hour days, eventually a person is going to get tired, worn out, sick and when that happens they fire you and deny your unemployment
Pros
paycheck comes on a card
Cons
Long hours, 7 days a week, low pay
HVAC installer,
HVAC installer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 22, 2015
Worked 40 hour weeks (days). Installing units and the ducting for them. A typical day included installing on many floors of the new apartment building. some ducts were connected with F channel, the vertical runs were welded. The welding was the most enjoyable part to the job. It was critical their was no gaps or air leaks, completely sealed. witch led to the least desirable part to the job; bouncing from floors 1-6 and in between. The lead man on the job was great to work with and encouraged to review the prints with any questions.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
Tempory work
Awesome people to work for
Warehouse/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WashingtonAugust 30, 2015
The summary says it all. The management are awesome people to work for and with. If you have a problem with a job that they sent you on they work fast to fix it. The people i have been able to work with met some cool people but also met some not so cool people.
hard but rewarding
day laborer (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJune 16, 2015
I did random odd jobs. They work was hard but it was rewarding as I got a sense of accomplishment completing tasks. Management was ok they sent me to different sites on different days.
Pros
got to work alone at own pace sometimes
Cons
not enough hrs and too far to drive
friendly and great contracts
temp (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 21, 2014
good agents,good workers and interesting contracts.
worked on a contract for 6 months that was only a 2 week contract when i was tasked with it
Great agency to work for, but wages are typically on the low side.
Temporary Worker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 2, 2014
Job assignments have consisted of general warehouse duties. Responsibilities have included order pulling, shipping, receiving, forklift operation. The Madden Industrial recruiters have always been very quick to find work.
Pros
Consistent work
Cons
Low wages and lack of job security
Best Employment Agency
Interior/Exterior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 9, 2013
This is the best employment agency I have ever worked for. I was sent out to work on jobs right away and for some of the best companies around.
good work place
project manager (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJanuary 22, 2013
temp jobs were not always as described.
Contractors had to pay double salaries
Pros
nice people
Cons
on call 24/7
Working construct is sometime not good.
Temp Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Renton, WANovember 8, 2012
Well there some places I did not like. And it was this place. When working as a temp worker is not always safety first. The pay was ok at first. Then later working for them it got smaller and smaller pay checks. Then for the small pay they wanted me to travel ferther and ferther.
Pros
its some work.
Cons
safety violations
Human Resources Mgr. / Sr. Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OROctober 24, 2012
Good benefits, good pay structure, very high tech in soft ware programs available to employees. Has agood source of clients & a good sales force with structure to keep a recruiter busy.
Pros
great benefits, pay
Cons
one partner that is volatile
Madden Industrial Craftsmen Inc.
Shop Helper@ Sulzter Pump (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, Or.September 22, 2012
Had three jobs with this staffing service worked at Sulzter pump shop helper used forklift, painted empited metal binsin dumpster learn to bend pipe with machines used sandblaster. This is one of the cleanest shops I have ever walk into for a machine assembley shop.
Pros
the sky was the limit that's when i knew i needed to learn more math
Cons
laid off, change in personal/swing shift boss died on the job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Madden Industrial Craftsmen. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9