Madison Area Technical College Employee Reviews

Working at college
Receptionist - Writing Center (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 27, 2018
Great place to work. Madison college provides 100% support to all students different cultures.
I really emjoyed working with staff and interacting with students at the same time.
Fun to work here
Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 1, 2018
I really learnt a lot working at Madison Area Technical college. My co workers were open and always ready to teach me what I don’t know. Wished I spent more time there.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 12, 2018
I worked at MATC for my HSED it was very good experience for me and the staff was Great to work with, I learned computer work excel and PowerPoint along with Microsoft.
Amazing place to work
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 20, 2018
Worked as a contractor, and it was an amazing place to work. Because it's a college with a culinary arts program, lunches were always really great and inexpensive. Management in my dept was respectful and considerate of work/life balance.
Pros
delicious lunches; bakery; great management
Cons
no career advancement for my role
Great
Instructor Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 31, 2018
Great Place to work and progressive !!! Very professional and all about the customer the student. Open to new ideas and changes!! Overall a great place to work!
A place of learning
Student (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 15, 2018
A place of learning. A perfect school for technical students who need to be certified and licensed in a variety of craft, Like carpentry, automation systems and electronics.
Pros
Great teachers
Cons
Availability of materials
Excellent educational offerings for the community
Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 5, 2018
The college is committed to doing whats best for students within the budget restraints it experiences and will implement major changes in processes and procedures if necessary. Some staff and faculty can handle the changes better than others employed there.
Pros
benefits, most facilities, faculty
Good Place To Work
EMS Instructor (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 21, 2018
The college is a good place to work. They have education for their employees and treat their employees fairly. I would recommend them to others looking to teach in their field.
Work Study in Photography Department
Student Help- Darkroom Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 2, 2018
Wonderful program for students. Offers competitive pay. However, it is not full time. This is a pro and a con for students. It allows for more time in the photo department if you are a fine arts major, however part time work may not provide a living wage during school.
Enjoyable Employment with great benefits
Institutional Effectiveness Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 14, 2017
Always a new and changing environment, with so many interesting people to work with, plus students if you are a faculty member. Great place to work.

Management has set up Shared Governance to help the Staff and Faculty help be informed on decisions, it works pretty well. The culture can be a bit hostile, depending on your department, sadly. But this is not the case for every department.
Excellent College
Part-time philosophy faculty (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 5, 2017
Rewarding place to work. Excellent interaction with students. Rewarding interactions with colleagues. Excellent place to further education. Good atmosphere.
Pros
Teaching students.
Cons
Healthcare, pay.
Matc
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 26, 2017
Great place, great pay! I have had the pleasure to help with different classes as well as taking classes at MATC. The director is helpful with maintaining our necessary licenses to instruct.
Relaxed but professional
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 11, 2017
Madison College is a relaxed, but professional employer. They are very accommodating and truly want their employees to excel. Every experience I have had at Madison College has been positive.
Rewarding
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Portage, WISeptember 8, 2017
I taught various courses for the Administrative Assistant program. I learned something new with every class that I taught, each student I taught brought a unique perspective to the classroom.

Each Administrator at the school was well trained and very qualified for the job.

MATC-Portage was great place to work. Instructors were friendly and worked well together to give students a good environment to learn.

The hardest part of the job was learning new students every 8 to 16 weeks.

What I enjoyed most was the change in the confidence of the students over the course of each class.
Pros
The students.
productive with comical hummer
FOOD LINE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 9, 2017
I enjoy working there because of the people, it helps pass the time there. They try to teach you the necessary tools so that you can complete these task's as efficient as possible.
Pros
free drinks when on shift, great co-workers.
Cons
Work late night and early mornings.
adjunct professor
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 15, 2017
Prepared class notes and presentation from home office using the text books assigned to the class.

Created tests for students and graded their knowledge of the lessons taught.

Interaction with the students in role playing some counseling sessions.

Introduced the DSM 5 manual to students to identify psychological disorders and what criteria must be met. Discussed psychologist from history, like Freud, Jung, and others.

Discussed differences of analysis and ways to treat individual symptoms and presentation of challenges of those diagnosised. Had class guest lecturers to enhance the learning experience.

Was a hands on instructor, pulling students into open discussions and debates to assess their critical thinking abilities.

Typical day was 3 hours on non-paid preparation for class, one hour of teaching the class, 3 hours per week doing assessments of students involvement and learning curves. The Wisconsin Technical System does not hire full time instructors unless one in tenure has died and there were no benefits from being an adjunct faculty member.
Pros
Worked from home, could access Tech College Resources, print off exams, and create learning plan from home.
Cons
No benefits, no pay for class preparation or grading, and no possibility of advancement into a full time position.
Great place to work. Was a work-study position.
Enrollment Center & Student Peer Adviser (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 2, 2017
Great job! Great people! I was sad to see my time with Madison College come to an end as my work-study time came to a close. Madison College has a great environment for both employees and students!
Pros
work-study
Cons
short-term
Office Assistant/Work Study
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 29, 2017
Job is only open to student veterans using GI Bill benefits. The daily routine is assisting veterans with questions about their benefits, maintaining the office/lounge,and assist Veteran Student Services in coordinating events for veterans at the school. This jobs helps build your social and costumer service skills if they needed to be strengthen. The job is easy going , but one needs to stay up to date on the benefits for veterans.
Pros
adjustable hours
Cons
only open during school semesters
fast paced and willing to learn from mistakes
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 9, 2017
From the ground up, this division was created to bring in money to support candidates and that is what it did. It was increased up to a million dollar operation in less that 3 year.
Pros
fast paced quick changing
Cons
waiting for other departments to get the information to us that we needed
Fun, engaging educational environment
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Madison, WI 53704April 6, 2017
A typical day at work is mainly catching up on homework, helping others with their homework, and maintaining the appearance of the lab. The most enjoyable part of the day is to help others and myself gain experience in various subjects such as Microsoft Office, Windows, and Adobe.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Madison Area Technical College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5