Madison Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Challenging place with opportunity.
Director of Materials Management (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, ID 83440July 19, 2018
- Organization going through change
- Management occasionally makes policy and then violates the policy.
- Caring people. Very much enjoyed the people.
Pros
People are great
Cons
Adminstration struggles with basic leadership skills.
Productive and helpful Employers
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDApril 2, 2018
I like working at madison memorial hospital. It provides great leadership and training skills i needed to help me become a better team leader and work well with other team members.
Productive and busy workplace
Housekeeping Aide/CNA (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDMarch 12, 2018
The hardest part of the job was making sure everyone was happy whether it be your coworkers, patients, doctors, bosses, etc,.
What I learned was patience with everyone and in everything that was going on.
Highly Recommend
Data Processor (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDMarch 7, 2018
The CO's were great! They really cared about the staff and want them to be happy. The hospital wants to make sure that everyone is taken care of no matter what and is treated fairly. Madison Memorial does all that they can to make work enjoyable and productive.
Work
Laundry Aide (Current Employee) –  Madison memorial hospital Rexburg IdahoMarch 1, 2018
There are some days it's stressful because people are complaining about what other people are doing or acting I put that stress and madness in the work I do to become better at my job but when I was younger I was thankful for all the people that work here and the new people too everyone is doing the best they can to make sure people are getting the help they need and if it wasn't for this hospital I would have had problems now and I love working here with other people that work here to make this hospital a better place to get help
Pros
Awesome
Great experience
Physical Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDFebruary 25, 2018
I did two separate affiliations here as a physical therapy student before graduating. This was a great experience because of the many different types of PT that are available to experience here.
Busy
Office Manager/Receptionist/Billing/Coding (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDFebruary 8, 2018
I held many different positions with Madison Memorial
customer service
customer care
data entry
making sure all forms were completed
filing insurance
collecting payments
Pros
on site cafeteria
Cons
30 minute drive to work
Bad Experiences
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDDecember 12, 2017
When I worked at the Maddison Memorial Hospital, it was going great until I got a new boss. He was all talk but the progress was not showing. He treated me unfairly and have reported to HR multiple of times and they have not done anything to help me out or even the fellow workers. When I was working, I only would work about two to three days of the week with very low hours. When I was off, they would normally schedule me to work and I would drop my things and go to work and was not paid for overtime and did not have any benefits non whatsoever.
great workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDDecember 5, 2017
It was a great place to work and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a great job with a great manager and coworkers. I learned more about team work than any other job I've had.
Pros
great co workers
Great
Registered Nurse (Labor and Delivery) (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDNovember 14, 2017
This was a great place to work. I really enjoyed my time there. They have a great orientation program and get their new nurses well trained by the end of it.
nice coworkers, dispensible employees
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDOctober 9, 2017
Nice people to work with minus management. College town so employees are highly replaceable. Granted vacation requests were revoked with little to no notice.
Great Place to Work
Admissions clerk/Billing Rep (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDSeptember 27, 2017
Madison Memorial is a growing hospital with up to date equipment.
It serves a wide range of territory in South Eastern Idaho.
Employees and Providers are friendly and the Cafeteria serves the BEST food in town.
Pros
Small College Town
Medical Technologist (ASCP) (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJuly 26, 2017
MMH is the only county owned non critical access hospital in Idaho. MMH is also a self sustainable nonprofit hospital
MMH has 69 Beds and is a full service facility
It's on the forefront of providing evidence based holistic patient carel linking its community members to the most progressive physicians treatment and medical technology available
A very tight knit family type structure where at work you feel at home with your co-workers.
Help Desk Intern (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJune 8, 2017
I love working at Madison Memorial Hospital because all of your co-workers make you feel like you're home and you are apart of their family. Lot's of smiles on everyone's faces. Management is alright and their will always be things to work on, but overall functions very smoothly. Overall a great place to work. Hardest part of your job is dealing with people who are upset and frustrated with their current situation and need I.T. Assistance Most enjoyable is making that issue go away and seeing the relief on their faces and in their voices when the problem is fixed.
Pros
Very rewarding work. Close family type environment with co-workers.
Cons
Very upset Doctors/Nurses who need problems fixed NOW but that's not an option sometimes.
Lively workplace, friendly atmosphere
Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJune 1, 2017
Enjoyable and positive work environment, with friendly coworkers.

Day to day was spent admitting patients to the hospital, collecting patient information,collecting samples, managing phone systems and collecting payments.

Management is positive and friendly and takes a strong roll in making sure you are trained; and the training is very thorough.

There is a potluck for the admitting staff every third Friday, everyone brings something delicious

Hardest part was the training; lots of information to learn, and sometimes you wouldn't use that information for weeks and then you would forget it, and have to refresh.

Pay is low for national range but medium in this area.It it is a rewarding job with something new everyday.
Pros
Discounts, Benefits, Location, Coworkers
Cons
Short breaks
Other staff in lab look out well for each other
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDMay 17, 2017
While it has been several years since I've worked there, at the time all members of the lab department helped each other and made sure that tests were done and resulted to aid doctors in patient care.
Pros
Great management and enjoyable coworkers
Good people but poor opportunities and closed minded culture.
Materials Management Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDApril 4, 2017
Great place to work but very set in their ways. Management us unqualified and more importance is put on who you know and how long you've been there. Compensation is poor for non clinical and underpaid. no growth opportunities.
Very Exciting
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Madison, GAMarch 29, 2017
At Madison Memorial I was able to do what I liked to do all in one. I enjoyed taking care of my clients as well as collecting the necessary specimen. I was able to get many of them cured from being afraid of needles. That made me excited.
Fun workplace with great people and amazing patients.
ADMITTING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDDecember 21, 2016
Madison Memorial in Rexburg, Idaho was/is absolutely the best place to work. The relationships made here will last a lifetime. Providers care so much for their patients. Really make sure that patients and their families have a good stay..
Busy , fun environment that provides many educational experiences.
Medical Staff Intern (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDApril 30, 2016
I has an awesome internship experience. I recommend it to others. Hands on learning, fun while working together as a team. Fantastic leadership, and a great work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Madison Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Madison Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location