MADONNA MANOR

MADONNA MANOR Employee Reviews

United States42 reviews
I would usually work anywhere between 40-60hours/week which was great because I was saving up over the summer in order to pay for school. I learned how to work with others and time management. It was overall a great experience!
Pros
I got as many hours as I wanted, paid well.
Cons
N/a
I love the manor it's a great work place and I love working with the elderly. By nurses are helpful as well. All the residents are comfortable there. They enjoy it there as well
Understaffing is an understatement. Management was far too young and lacked experience. Try 81 days in a row of being called in, on the verge of abuse. Residents were fantastic and appreciative of all we did, too bad management demanded more and more and was unrealistic with expectations. Love seniors move on this isnt the place for you...
Pros
Seniors
Cons
Very pleasant, nice place to work and meet new people and create awesome relationships. The environment was also nice. Co workers are very hands on and helpful.
The place is filled with mold,Bugs and rats and when we report those issues they told us it was normal. Management does nothing to help employees, they are very rude to the employees. Employees are over worked and under paid, management tries to make us do duties that are illegal . This was the worst job I’ve had . Management are the biggest issue
Pros
N/a
Cons
Under paid
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Good place to work at,I really enjoyed working at that place .I was there for 8 years and I never really had a bad moment ,the stuff was nice ,the facility is nice and clean , the residents are well taken care of.the money part thou I think they need to do better I was not happy with my pay and other people weren't either.but no regrets.
Under new management and it is getting worse. Facility has huge staffing issues. Nurses have NO say on their units. STNA's are allowed to get in nurses face,refuse an assignment and leave when they want. Night Shift never has adequate staff, so be ready to take on 20/1 and work as the aid. One assignment requires 1 nurse to take second house hold the other nurse also takes second house hold.40:1 D/T call offs rehab nurse also has the assisted living side day shift nurses your on your own hope your fast with doing admissions. You wont get rich working gere the pay is much less than most places
Started my career there, once company was bought out by CHI things went downhill fast, they lowered our time off accrual rate and lowered raises, benefits are terrible, Management is an experienced and mostly non existence company culture Is only concerned about turning a profit for the current quarter and not the long term success of the organization. Staff to patient ratio is dangerously low.
The productive workplace that I work at right now is a resident retirement home for the elderly people if you are interested in working with elderly people this would be the place for you I hope that anyone who has read this or will read this and understand that this place can be a good and understanding place to work for and can be happy place to be at
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Pay
it fairly text book to other SNFs- I think the long term staff if stellar, thats why I stay. It was my first job as an LPN and I had wonderful preceptors.
I really enjoyed working for this company. They are extremely kind and empathetic of any situation that might be looked over by other employers. The unit I worked at was all about the team work, they were great at communicating and teaching.
stock line up with food item suck as fruit, cheese tuna ,chichen salad eggs salad get food ready for line cook off what need go in oven set up line to sever to resident they order off menu if a buger i cook it on grill if it fish i deep fry it in deep fryer what i learned is good people to work with it was nothing hard about it enjoyable to meet some resident love to talk to them
Pros
free lunch
Cons
one break
Filthy environment, bully culture, back stabbing which completely destroys any chance of teamwork. They say they are on the positive path, but that is bull. Total embarrassment to even say I work here. I found employment with a company that has their focus on what they are supposed to be doing. Properly trained, competent staffing that shows up is one serious area this place needs to work on. No training at all, not good.
Pros
Pretty grounds
Cons
Lack of training, dont care attitude, lack of communication
Management need a little help but their always short on the floor and they have a good pay it’s too many residents on the same floor to work short even on nights
Striving to return to exceptional care.
Turn over is tough, however, that is throughout all of healthcare. There are a core group of team members who will go the distance for the residents - they will make sure the best is offered.
poor management and poor workers. did not treat everyone fairly. management was rude to co workers. some workers would sit around and not do anything and expect others to do there work.
Beautiful place, great for the residents, a lot of activities, fun and clean. Need better nursing managers, need staff that understands dementia better to work on the memory care unit.
Pros
beautiful place to work
Cons
not enough staff
i used care for residents and their family members, i really love to do my job as a nursing assistant helping the nurses with the workload every day role. and helping family members with the loves one.
My first day of work there was a physical fight amongst the housekeepers because they were all down each others necks to see who cleaned the best or did more than the others. I did NOT get adequate training and was ridiculed by the nurses and CNAs about how poorly I worked. Amongst that 2 residents were badly injured that could have been prevented. Also was not trained to clock in or document until my last week of working there when I put my two weeks in. Due to that I was not paid accurately and instead of $100 I got $50 and instead of $300 I got $100.
Cons
Too much to do so no breaks, coworkers are mean, they dont pay you what you earned
Needs improvement on team work but overall it's a nice place to work . I love the people I work with and I love my residents and I enjoy doing what I do for them and it makes me happy that I'm the reason behind their smile every morning
I absolutely loved this job .the elderly people made me feel like i was home taking care of them was my number one concern ,management was the reason i left i felt as if they only cared about money witch is understandable becuase its a business but im a person with a heart and was going over and beyond for those people..
Pros
Great food, great work place
Cons
Not enough time spent on the older people