MADONNA MANOR

MADONNA MANOR Management reviews

United States42 reviews
I would usually work anywhere between 40-60hours/week which was great because I was saving up over the summer in order to pay for school. I learned how to work with others and time management. It was overall a great experience!
Pros
I got as many hours as I wanted, paid well.
Cons
N/a
Understaffing is an understatement. Management was far too young and lacked experience. Try 81 days in a row of being called in, on the verge of abuse. Residents were fantastic and appreciative of all we did, too bad management demanded more and more and was unrealistic with expectations. Love seniors move on this isnt the place for you...
Pros
Seniors
Cons
The place is filled with mold,Bugs and rats and when we report those issues they told us it was normal. Management does nothing to help employees, they are very rude to the employees. Employees are over worked and under paid, management tries to make us do duties that are illegal . This was the worst job I’ve had . Management are the biggest issue
Pros
N/a
Cons
Under paid
Under new management and it is getting worse. Facility has huge staffing issues. Nurses have NO say on their units. STNA's are allowed to get in nurses face,refuse an assignment and leave when they want. Night Shift never has adequate staff, so be ready to take on 20/1 and work as the aid. One assignment requires 1 nurse to take second house hold the other nurse also takes second house hold.40:1 D/T call offs rehab nurse also has the assisted living side day shift nurses your on your own hope your fast with doing admissions. You wont get rich working gere the pay is much less than most places
Started my career there, once company was bought out by CHI things went downhill fast, they lowered our time off accrual rate and lowered raises, benefits are terrible, Management is an experienced and mostly non existence company culture Is only concerned about turning a profit for the current quarter and not the long term success of the organization. Staff to patient ratio is dangerously low.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Filthy environment, bully culture, back stabbing which completely destroys any chance of teamwork. They say they are on the positive path, but that is bull. Total embarrassment to even say I work here. I found employment with a company that has their focus on what they are supposed to be doing. Properly trained, competent staffing that shows up is one serious area this place needs to work on. No training at all, not good.
Pros
Pretty grounds
Cons
Lack of training, dont care attitude, lack of communication
Management need a little help but their always short on the floor and they have a good pay it’s too many residents on the same floor to work short even on nights
poor management and poor workers. did not treat everyone fairly. management was rude to co workers. some workers would sit around and not do anything and expect others to do there work.
My first day of work there was a physical fight amongst the housekeepers because they were all down each others necks to see who cleaned the best or did more than the others. I did NOT get adequate training and was ridiculed by the nurses and CNAs about how poorly I worked. Amongst that 2 residents were badly injured that could have been prevented. Also was not trained to clock in or document until my last week of working there when I put my two weeks in. Due to that I was not paid accurately and instead of $100 I got $50 and instead of $300 I got $100.
Cons
Too much to do so no breaks, coworkers are mean, they dont pay you what you earned
I absolutely loved this job .the elderly people made me feel like i was home taking care of them was my number one concern ,management was the reason i left i felt as if they only cared about money witch is understandable becuase its a business but im a person with a heart and was going over and beyond for those people..
Pros
Great food, great work place
Cons
Not enough time spent on the older people
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at MADONNA MANOR?
Under new management -responsive management team to both staff nurses, CNA, and therapy team. Felt like a valued team member. 12 hours shifts with great benefits are a plus. I was promoted internally CNA to staff nurse-unfortunately had to relocate. I will miss many faces!
Pros
New management -good cheap lunches
Cons
N/a
During my time there, the staff was irresponsible. coworkers unwilling to help each other. hard to acquire paid time off. upper management unwilling to assist when and if problem occurred.
Pros
family of patients courteous and polite
Cons
irreresponsible staff
This is a terrible place to work. Staff and management are incompetent and untrustworthy. If you like working with the elderly, there are many better places to apply
Pros
tasks performed are easy
Cons
pay, staff, and management
Its always short staff...They do not appreciate their employees. No help always short. Huge turn over. DON was terrible and didn't know nothing
Pros
good working ppl
Cons
unorgainized
I have been in L.T.C. for years and I can say this is the worst place I have ever worked! Management does not care about the Residents or the Employees, thier main concern is MONEY!!! I feel sorry for whomever applies to work there. I feel bad for the Residents and staff that are still there!!!
Cons
poorly managed, hostil work enviroment
Poorly managed, with high turnover of management, as well as staff.
Pros
pto
Cons
pay for lunch