Maersk Drilling Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Great Learning Experience
Able Seaman (Former Employee) –  gulf of MexicoMarch 1, 2018
Normal 86 hour work week. Great experience The work wasn't that difficult once you got the routine down. Food was great and accommodations were top notch.
Safety culture was always priority and management always looked out for the welfare of employees.
Rig Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2018
Depending on your shift (Day or night) your day would start around 5am or pm. You'd leave your room at that time so that the cleaning crew could have time to clean the room. You'd get breakfast and then head to work. Once at work you go to your toolbox talks and then start the day. Managers would be stressing safety. Everyone would be stressing safety at all times. Managers varied. You'd have laid back managers who wouldn't helicopter and others would do just that....helicopter and hover over you. The hardest part of working here were the 27 days in a row living on a rig in the middle of the ocean. But I enjoyed working with the guy here. It was a family away from home.
Pros
Free lunch, free room service, free internet and wi-fi, paid travel and per diem
Cons
Long travel days, No paid vacations, travel days were considered days off
MDUSA has no clue how to manage an offshore drilling company
Ex employee (Former Employee) –  GOMJanuary 16, 2018
Absolutely clueless when it comes to managing an offshore drilling company. They were full of empty promises when they recruited me, none of which ever materialized. Once layoffs started, they got rid of the more experienced personnel first (higher salaries). Rig management was the absolute worst I have ever worked with.
Pros
same compensation/benefits as other drilling companies
Cons
management
good work place
Assistant Driller (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2017
I enjoy this company fun and competitive. we work 28 days on and off. high paced safe efficient work. i have 7 guys that i manage and ensure safe efficient operations are done.
Great benefits
Lead Floor Hand (Current Employee) –  GULF OF MEXICOJuly 3, 2017
Good place to work!! The benefits and pay top most of your companies. The company provides travel pay and food. If you work overseas then that's additional bonus on your checks.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Travel time
Great co-workers
Engine Room Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 15, 2017
Day always begins with meeting and handover. I've learned a lot about fittings, drill floor equipment, and pumps. There's not many good things I can say about management at all. The workplace culture is good on most days. Hardest part about the job is being gone from home for 4 weeks and dealing with management and HR.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
4 weeks of solid work, management, and HR. Unstable oil prices
Very good and safe work place.
Hyd mechanic (Current Employee) –  InternationalJune 8, 2017
Good Company work for. In the moment all oil companies do everything to survive, so working environment could be a bit better with all those lay out people. But its steady a great place.

I been nearly all over the world for this company and always been treated very good. Safety standard very high.

Your day start with handover and then proceed to your workstation and check daily PM's. Then i go to drill floor and talk with drill crew about operation and then i plan my daily work.
Pros
Can be dificult keep the balance between family and work
Great company to work for
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 2, 2017
One of the best companies I ever worked for. The management has an open door policy where they are very willing to hear and try to come up with solutions for ay concerns you my have.
Challenging work environment with good comaraderie
Materials & Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2017
A challenging and rewarding place to work. The workplace culture is a blend of many nationalities all melding together to accomplish the task. The emphasis on Heath, Safety and Environment is at the forefront of each workday.
Pros
Mutli-cultural coworkers; Encouragement to advance
Cons
Lack of job security
great benefits
Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2017
Benefits here are exceptional and hard to beat. Especially the newly added maternity benefits - that apply globally, guaranteeing women at least 14 weeks of PAID leave.
Busy place
Assistant Driller (Current Employee) –  US GOMApril 20, 2017
Worked offshore.Very busy, was an amazing job until oilfield crashed. That's all I really have to say but this is making me type more just to get back to job searching.
Outstanding Core Valves
ToolPusher (Former Employee) –  InternationalMarch 29, 2017
A day working on a drilling rig, managing the operation, preforming the clients program could change for any reason at anytime. Having the crews well prepared and trained is the key to success.
Pros
When production is up, great benifits
Cons
There redundancy program should reflect on the production that the employee produces.
Fun and productive job.
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 14, 2016
Twelve hours of work a day. Learned more than I can type on here about the oil field. The management was great onboard the rig. The co-workers where a great team as well because they was family. The hardest part of the job was being gone from home. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to go home for a month at a time .
Enjoyable place to work
Maintenance Engineer (1st Assistant Engineer) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 14, 2016
Learning opportunities
Equal Opportunity
Good management
Good Benefits
Safe Workplace
Balance between life and work

Hardest part of the job is being away from home
below par
DFO (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 28, 2016
i expected much better from this company and it was great until MDUSA had their way i am disappointed wish it coulds have been different
Good place to work for.
Rig Mechanic on Maersk Venturer (Former Employee) –  WorldwideSeptember 20, 2016
I find that the entire crew will help with anything you might have issue with. I have enjoyed working with Maersk and do wish the market would turn around. The only reason it all came to an end is due to a market crash and no contracts on the table.
Pros
Logistics were ace.
Cons
Can't think of any.
I already did a review on this
Roustabout, Maersk Valiant drill ship (Former Employee) –  US GOMSeptember 7, 2016
Management was always in a contest to see who could get what done. No clear goals between departments. Because of management crews were normally working against each other
Challenging and varied
Technical Section Leader (Former Employee) –  WorldwideAugust 18, 2016
Starting at 0600 hours.
Joining morning meetings amongst others conference calls with shore base making priorities for the day and planning upcoming projects and tasks handed over by the night shift..
Visiting work sites on the rig and doing paperwork during the day.
Evaluating planned and unscheduled maintenance tasks.
Ordering spare parts as required.
Handing over duties for the night shift.
Working day usually finished at 1800 hours unless critical tasks required more detailed hand over for the night shift
Pros
New challenges every day .
Cons
Too much paperwork
Productive and good place to work
Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2016
Everyday starts with checking SAP for PM's and answering calls to repair Drilling and Dynamic Positioning equipment on this state of the art Deepwater Drilling Ship
Pros
Excelent Pay and Time off
Cons
away from home for 28 days
Excellent employment with great company values.
Drilling Fluid Operator (Current Employee) –  Gulf of MexicoAugust 7, 2016
Currently I am responsible for multi-million dollar equipment that carries out the heart and soul of drilling operations onboard. I oversee work areas that encompasses several different operations. I am held responsible for the delegation of tasks to members on the drilling crew and their production throughout the process. I enjoy every aspect of my job. I currently work rotational schedules of 28/28. I believe the hardest part of my career so far has been the absence from my home life however it has afforded my family the luxuries I had never known.
Pros
Quanity and quality of time at home.
Cons
Physical and emotionaly challenging work.