MAG Aerospace Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Director, Technical Services (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VADecember 5, 2018
Hard Working Team of professionals who strive to grow the company and excel at supporting our customers, especially those who strive to make the world safer!
Pros
Excellent Team Environment, Fast-paced, Everyone is expected to Contribute
Satisfying
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  OverseasDecember 5, 2018
Working for Mag is very satisfying and rewarding. Mag takes care of its employees and their families. Mag pay its employees very well and offers great medical and educational benefits.
Pros
Fair, caring and rewarding
Cons
None Noted
Fun job, poor management.
Mission Systems Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 22, 2018
During my tenure at the company it was an interesting time. It started off great, however, management for my specific working area was not the best. One out of two direct supervisors actually knew what they were doing. It’s an awesome place to work if you want to continue to help the troops post military service. Be prepared to work and not be advancing career wise. Pay is somewhat Stagnant for operators. Don’t expect or ask for pay raises. With some management cleanup MAG has the potential to be the best company out there.
Pros
Benefits, OCONUS work schedule
Cons
Poor Management, no career advancement, Pay is stagnant
Great employees bad management
Director of Training (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VANovember 16, 2018
Racism ran rampant through this company. Very poor mentorship programs. The people that worked there actually cared. I was nice working with like minded people.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Hostile work environment from the upper management
Why I like to work at MAG
Pilot (Current Employee) –  BagramOctober 5, 2018
I have been with MAG since September 2016. An excellent company to work for and I feel treated with consideration. Our field staff is committed to working with us as our needs arise and change. The corporate side is extremely efficient in resolving any issues whether they be expenses, payroll, insurances...etc...
Pros
Overall pleasant working conditions
Cons
Not knowing enough about contract bidding
Amazing Company
Instructor Pilot (Current Employee) –  OCONUSOctober 3, 2018
Hired on with MAG immediately after transitioning from the military following some intense research for my post-military job. MAG lives the ethos that their most precious commodity is their people. Benefits, salary, management at all levels--all excellent. The company was founded by former military members who knew how to best structure a company that provides growth and opportunities for its employees for the betterment of the company. Excellent organization to work for, and to make a difference with!
Pros
Culture, management, growth, opportunities, salary and benefits. Hands down the best company out there!
Cons
Absolutely no complaints to report!
Awesome place to work.
Small Unmanned Aircraft Training Site Lead (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 13, 2018
Great place to belong to a committed unit and team of people working together to provide a top notch service to its customers. Really smart and knowledgeable group of people that are willing to share knowledge to assist each employee in personal and professional growth.
Pros
Travel opportunities
Cons
Travel opportunites
Great Company
Mission Manager/Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GASeptember 4, 2018
Typical work days can be exciting or boring, management was great and overall I enjoyed workplace culture. The h ardest part of the job is balancing work life and family due to the shifts, or deployments.
Pros
Compensation, co workers
Cons
Work day Schedule
Continuous Growth companies
IT Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 9, 2018
The mission of the company had a continuous turn-around process with govt. contracts, merging competing companies and following mission protocol drawn out by its clients. Laid back environment but people produced top-notch results with their missions. Anything else is unacceptable.
Pros
Flexible work time, lunches and company functions
Cons
If they don't feel you, they won't keep you
Company review
Communication Electronic Technician III-OCONUS (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VA 20164July 8, 2018
I have been with MAG Aerospace since transition from active duty service, They are a well know and respected company. Their Management has been top notch and never had any issue when it came to support from HR and any other department in the company. Relaxed Company with good co workers and management. The Company is continuously growing which offers many different opportunities to grow in career horizontally and vertically.
I Love my job at MAG Aerospace!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Titusville, FLJuly 4, 2018
I am currently employed at their new Titusville Florida location. I wake up each day with a smile on my face ready to conquer another great day at work! I always look forward to new challenges and opportunities to grow with our company. I am very fortunate to work among the best in the industry!
Pros
Competitive wages, excellent benefits, paid time off, awesome 401k program, great work environment!
Cons
None that I can think of
Fast growth has had a negative effect on some moral.
Sensor Operator/MC-12 (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 14, 2018
I liked my job. I'm well suited and qualified for it.
MAG has become more HR driven recently due to rapid expansion.
This has had a negative impact on the deployed culture environment.
Not a nice place for people of color to advance
Sr. Quality Engineer/Lead Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJune 12, 2018
Mag doesn't work well with people of color who are smes and confident in their work. They are in the middle of massive growth, but due to the lack of attention to detail in processes and whatnot, the culture and moral of the company has gone downhill.
Great place and community
Outside Consultant (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAMay 28, 2018
Don't work here if you wish to do the bare minimum and scrape by. This company is a community of people who truly care and want to make a difference. I felt the need to review after reading a recent post by a disgruntled employee who attempted to make a quick buck. You should want to constantly improve yourself and your skills, and MAG provides you the tools to do so.
Pros
Close knit family feeling, Knowledgeable management
Cons
Can have long hours at times depending on position
fair place to work. fast paced and somewhaat long hours
UAS/UAV operator/Mission Commander (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 19, 2018
long days with long shifts. sometimes a bit of a struggle to speak to management if needed. mostly an easy going job with a regular schedule. deploy-able job so good experience seeing different people and gaining new experiences
Very poor management
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 13, 2018
Very, very poor management - enough said. Stay away! They don't understand what they're doing. Clueless and won't take constructive advice or criticism.
Great pay, constantly OCONUS
UAS Operator (Current Employee) –  OCONUSMarch 24, 2018
Working directly for MAG is great, but seems like every contract I've been on we are sub-contractors, which on my opinion and experience lets us sub-contractor get in a way "bullied" around with decisions or needs of OCONUS personnel. Depending on contract and who you are a SUB under rotations can be amazing or just plane horrible. Pay is always well compensated for OCONUS personnel and the OCONUS teams, from my experience, are always a great bunch of knowledgable people to work with.
Great experience
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAMarch 23, 2018
Job was very good, but the hours were nights most of the time. It allowed me to work with servers hands on, which was one of the first times in my 17 year IT career.
Do not work here
HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAMarch 5, 2018
company is very cut throat, and fires people left and right for ridiculous reasons. I worked in HR, and seeing how the company runs itself, is insane.
Great supervisor, Good co-workers
UAS Maintainer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 27, 2018
My supervisor was awesome but I feel we were underpaid after talking to other contractors in the same field. Deployments could have been a lot better,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MAG Aerospace. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about