Magan Medical Clinic Employee Reviews

4.4
Ratings breakdown
I do not advise anyone to work here
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAMay 2, 2018
Very unprofessional and there is no room for progress. There is no teamwork or communication with management. The company was bought out twice so there is no security either.
Toxic enviroment
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Covina, CAJanuary 22, 2018
Most people don't like to work and spend days they don't call out, on their phones. Everyone is rude to each other, bulling is every where, the managers, providers and everyone else.You can get cursed at by your coworkers and be expected for no managers to care. Patients are nice and the area is blue collar. Benefits are good, pay is minimum.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
toxic enviroment
Productive work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAJanuary 17, 2018
I enjoyed working at Magan I worked at different departments which I loved because I learn a lot. Staff was helpful and friendly, good pay and benefits. I would recommend applying there if chance given
Pros
Fast paced environment which made time go by fast
Cons
short breaks
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Covina, CAJanuary 10, 2018
I’ve learned a lot with magan. The employees here are very helpful, very friendly, and very professional. Whenever I need a helping hand there is always a fellow employee there.
Pros
Friendliness
Cons
Pay
Worked with patients in different areas of the clinic.
Medical Assistant/Surgery Floater (Current Employee) –  Covina, CAAugust 17, 2017
Magan Medical Clinic was a stable work environment, with many opportunities for advancement. Daily activities were patient history, vital signs, assisting doctors with medical procedures.
Pros
Close to home and overtime
Cons
Low wages
Secretary
Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAAugust 17, 2017
Secretary for 2 Medical Director doctors

Secretary to Case Managment department

Credentialing department coordinator

Started as a receptionist in front office
Wonderful work place
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAAugust 9, 2017
The work environment was exceptional as well as the individuals who worked there. All employees were respectful and helpful while putting the needs of our patients first. Great place to work!
Sold company forcing many layoffs without assistance
Medical Insurance Collector (Current Employee) –  Covina, CAJune 7, 2017
Megan sold the company to Davita forcing many support staff layoffs without assistance to their existing employees, including many with significant experience.
Productive but not enough
Data Processor (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAApril 10, 2017
I had to sit at a computer to put in codes and follow any other orders consisting of using the computer such as patients, newborn baby, and emergencies. The hardest part of the job was to remember the prescription and dosage for each patient. Generally, I enjoyed working here, but it was only "on-call." There wasn't much opportunity for me here.
Pros
Easy work, Clean environment, Friendly Teamwork
Cons
On-call, not much opportunity
Great company to work for with great benefits.
Medical Records Tech III (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAJanuary 10, 2017
I loved working with all the doctors at Magan Medical Clinic. I enjoyed helping my co-workers locate documents when needed. Unfortunately, Medical records downsized when they converted to electronic records.
Cons
Medical record had to downsize.

Want to know more about Magan Medical Clinic?

Ask a question
Wonderful people and a great place to work.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Covina, CANovember 26, 2016
Magan was a great place to work with wonderful doctors and co-workers. I would still be there if it wasn't for our relocation to the state of Tennessee, which my husband and I have greatly desired to do for some time. Magan provided to me an excellent environment in which to enhance both my skills and knowledge in the medical field. It was a satisfying and challenging job situation that I always found to be most stimulating and rewarding. I have missed it very much and, in particular, have missed being employed in general, although it's only been for a short time. It is my greatest desire to become employed again as quickly as possible with an organization as accomplished as Magan Medical Clinic.
Multi-Specialty clinic always striving to fulfill patients needs.
Medical Collector (Current Employee) –  Covina, CANovember 2, 2016
Enjoyable atmosphere, always setting goals for employees, while being rewarded and acknowledged. I appreciate the daily routine, we always have new goals and our management is very hands on.
Pros
Accommodating in regards to schedules and personal time off.
Fast pace, busy clinic
LVN (Former Employee) –  Internal Medicine DepartmentOctober 11, 2016
Magan Medical Clinic is a well established, multi-specialty clinic in Covina, CA. Majority of the patients have been coming to Magan for over 20 years. The same can be said of its employees.

The clinic is busy and fast paced. I have learned to manage my time and resources to meet the demanding needs of my patients.

I liked most about Magan is that we strictly follow company protocols thus, creating a smooth work flow. I enjoy all my co-workers. We help and assist each other to promote patient safety and excellent care.
Pros
Work appreciation such as free lunches, recognition awards
Cons
Not enough resources to meet the growing needs of the community
productive and caring workplace, i have enjoyed working with many different providers and meeting very caring staff.
Team Leader/Medical Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Covina, CAApril 24, 2015
my daily activities involve bringing patients back for vital signs and imputing into the EHR. Booking appointments, get authorizations for medications and office procedures. faxing reports to outside physcians. Work with cowrkers to give the best care possible and help follow hippa guidelines. Hardest part of job is trying to get approvals with insurances for medications and procedures. I really enjoy the one on one time helping patients get the best care.
Pros
great workplace to learn different specialtys
Cons
insurance requires to much paperwork
Busy medical clinic with lots of respondsibilities.
Medical Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Covina, CAOctober 13, 2014
I currently float from front desk, to measuring vitals and rooming patients to back office. I am able to do EKGs, urine dips, nebulizer treatments, administer injections, reschedule patients, explain doctors orders, enter orders such as labs, x-ray, and specialist orders. I write authorization request and submit them along with following up on the authorizations.
I have assisted operations manager in hiring new medical assistants. After they are hired I trained them to be efficient and professional.
Pros
Eight years seinority and and friendships.
Cons
Clinic is in Covina.
Nice working environment.
LVN (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAJuly 9, 2014
Management is very supportive. Working environment is good. Co-workers are nice to work with.
Pros
Nice working environment.
Family enviorment
Medical Assistant ll (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAJanuary 31, 2014
Great staff, hard working,caring. team players we all helped each other best place to work very committed to providing excellent care to all patients.very proud to have work there.
Pros
happy place to work
Cons
upper management not on target with employees
Patient First, Caring Environment for patient's well being.
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Covina, CAAugust 11, 2013
A great place to work for. Employees get excellent training therefore the help and care that can be offered to a patient is quality and compationate service in a very professional manner. The co-workers are great to work with aswell as awesome team players and helpfull to one another. If any question's arise that help might be needed you can most definitely count on your co-workers or management aswell to get the help you need in order to best assist the patient and provide great quality service.
Pros
provided with Ice cream friday's once a month, free lunch trucks quarterly
Excellent growth Opportunities
Medical Assistant II- OB/GYN (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAJune 24, 2013
I enjoyed working for this company. They are very family oriented and management takes care of their employees. Yes, my days were busy and sometimes stressful but nothing I couldn't handle. CO workers were always there and willing to help out if needed as I was for them.
Pros
fast paced, empoyment recognistion
Cons
too far for me to continue my employment
good
records clerk (Former Employee) –  in records deptJuly 27, 2012
Friendly place to work, nice people to work with. Hardest part was only part time.
Pros
great boss and nice oc-workers
Cons
low pay