Maggiano's Little Italy Employee Reviews

Server/Bartender/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYAugust 17, 2018
Can go from slow to busy quite easily. While I have years of experience working with guests, and teammates in a restaurant, I do appreciate learning more about wine and food. Management has good listeners, and will aide me in any opportunities i have trouble with. Fun and fast paced.
Stimulating but frustrating
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 14, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Maggiano's. It's a lively kitchen with new challenges around every corner. Clean, efficient and well lead, the kitchen is a well oiled machine that produces insane amounts of food every day. Front and back of house get along better than any other restaurant that I've worked in. However, there are problems outside of the kitchen.
The constant shuffle of management regularly destabilizes the whole restaurant. There is also a lack of follow-through. Good ideas are agreed upon, and then nothing happens. The corporate structure is also very frustrating, as little thought is given to implementation at the restaurant level. Corporate doesn't seem to understand that you can only move a finite amount of food per hour.
Pros
Daily meals, full benefits, flexible scheduling
Cons
Short / no breaks (illegal), lack of follow-through, neglected duties
Exciting Place to work
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 12, 2018
Upper Management truly challenged restaurants to succeed in quarterly contests, as well as annual contests. The mentorship program was amazing. Maggianos Way is truly something people should live by, even out of the industry
Not a good place to work
Line cook /trainer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 31, 2018
The management team is one sided they only give the Mexican people what they want like set dsys off cut your day at 4 hours because thrre not busy not updated place
Pros
Family meal
Cons
Managment team is not good
The place needs a shake-up.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCJuly 30, 2018
It's a restaurant with a great location that's resting on it's laurels. There's to many chiefs and not enough Indians. Their bills are too high. So, they treat their labor as less than decent to maintain control.
discounted food
prep/line cook/dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJuly 28, 2018
Food taste awesome just make sure you make reservations to go unless you getting it to go. that's maybe the only downside other than my bad experience with management. but a great place to eat and again the food taste awesome.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
long hours you will be forced to wrok
Just work
Busser (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 25, 2018
A typical workday comes with many stressful and long hours. Managers don't know their job and gossip about employees to other employees. I learned how to bus casual dining tables better. There is no workplace culture. The hardest part was dealing with the management. Most enjoyable was clocking out.
Good
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 25, 2018
Interaction by greeting guests was generally the best part about working as a hostess at Maggiano's. Management was very energetic and helpful during peak times.
Great
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 24, 2018
Great place to work. Valuable experience gained. Worked within a knowledgeable staff for a great manager. Held my own and maintained a professional atmosphere.
Pros
Discounted lunches
Cons
Somewhat stressful
Great Workplace
Maitre d' (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJuly 24, 2018
The workers are compassionate and care about every person that walks in the door. We always present ourselves in a vey professional way which appeals to many. We pride ourselves on teamwork and great food.
It's a great place to work
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 23, 2018
It's a great place to work the environment is amazing employees are friendly management are flexible the only thing that I would change about the job is the bonuses because if you do not make 35 hours a week for a full year you do not get your bonus and there isn't any holiday pay or overtime but besides that there's so much room for growth you can learn different things at this job I've done coffee I've been a stalker I've been a busser and now I'm in banquets if you're looking for a place to work with high volume and a amazing staff I would work here wait I do work here LOL
Pros
Cons
Slow season
review
Asst. Kitchen Manager / Receiver (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 19, 2018
All comes together for a dining experience at Maggiano's. The atmosphere, staff, seating, and especially the food. Well priced against a huge portion of food, we have created this location as our go-to spot for great Italian dining. You will not be disappointed.
Pros
walk ins taken
Cons
people are kinda rude
Todos trabajan en equipo
Pastry Cook (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 17, 2018
Los jefes muy buenos y los compañeros muy buenos .
overall experience
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAJuly 17, 2018
From day one I felt cared for and part of something great. The company is great to work for and you truly feel part of a family. Not just a employee with a number. They provide growth and development opportunities.
Closed
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJuly 17, 2018
The location I worked at closed down so I have no real rating. This was a fancy dining restaurant and the uniform was very hot. You had to know the menu by heart and the ingredients in everything.
Only good if you can sell feature items
Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 15, 2018
At this restaurant we were expected to sell feature items. If we didn’t we weren’t considered good servers and our hours would get cut. Even if you worked hard and were a good team player you would get one day a week if you couldn’t sell enough. We were ranked in tiers for everyone to see on a piece of paper in the kitchen. Very unprofessional and demeaning. The staff was great though. But if they didn’t like you they would talk about you just like every other restaurant I’ve worked at. Management wasn’t bad at times, but would put you on the spot in front of everyone and ask you questions. And say who was the top servers all the time. They also would call you off of shifts it was busy if you were in the low tier.
Pros
%50 off meal
Busy schedule
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILJuly 14, 2018
Busy schedule, multitasking, long hours.
Great dishes, lots of guests.
Banquets, carry outs, deliveries, dining room guests
I learnt to work in a fast paced atmosphere
Maggiano's gave me a lot of great experience
Host (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 12, 2018
Maggiano's is a great environment and for the most part workers are friendly and management is fair and efficient. There are a few instances where things just seemed very unorganized or poorly thought out. A regular shift is pretty short, about 5-6 hours.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
hours
Great Pay & Benefits Not So Good Management
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 29, 2018
Favoritism is played, and many managers are racist. The pay is good, but hours are competitive though I was always given alot of them due to having a great work ethic.
Good pay. unpredictable hours
BANQUET CAPTAIN (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 26, 2018
I love this job and would like to keep it in addition to another, The only thing that keeps me from having this as my only job is the slow months. The hourly wage is great. But I can not keep up with bills during the 6 months a year I am working 25 hours a week. I need consistency. I enjoy the fast paced environment. And the social aspect of the job. I enjoy working with the guests. I learned a lot about banquet service. The hardest part about the job is the physical aspect. Moving tables, chairs and podiums. Carrying large tray with very heavy dishes. All of that is very exhausting.
Pros
Discounts at Maggiano's and chili's
Cons
unpredictable hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maggiano's Little Italy. Our community is ready to answer.