Magic Leap

Magic Leap Employee Reviews

United States54 reviews

magicamazingculturefreelunchlotcompanyenvironment

Great people, exciting technology, fun place to work while it lasted.

Great people, exciting technology, fun place to work while it lasted. Unfortunately, ambitious plans and grand visions were fact checked by the reality of the market.

Wlb

Collaboration and team work is healthy for some organizations. Some departments have toxic leaderships and heavy politics. No Development neither career advancement opportunities

Pros

Wlb

Cons

No career development opportunities

Magic Leap insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Great Workspace

I definitely enjoyed working there. The office is great and the people are great. the management is very confusing and the culture set by the CEO was less than ideal.

Great Group of brilliant minds

One of my favourite jobs due to the people I worked with, in the beginning of my employment. The dynamics changed significantly when they moved into their current office. Work-life balance was good depending on your manager, for some it was awful. Mismanagement is all I have to say about management. Lots of virtue-signalling on certain months. It was a very political environment, which turned into a lot of distrust from many. Magic Leap became very HR focused. The salary was mixed. I was paid well but know others in similar positions who were paid very poorly.

Pros

Monday Breakfast, and sometimes catered lunches or food trucks. Free drinks, snacks etc.

Cons

Politics, Management, General direction, No consistent flow of information

Awesome benefits, high tech

High stress at times, tight deadlines. Pressure to do right the 1st time and little time for iterations. Lots of resources to do your job well. Clean and modern facility.

Pros

Free food, brain power

Cons

Hard to scale properly

Interesting Engineering Problems

This is a great place to work. As an engineer, I haven't been more challenged or able to learn as much in any other part of my career. The hardware group is excellent, however, there is a fundamental disconnect between the direction mandated by software upper management and what good user and developer experience is.

Pros

Good culture, intelligent people, interesting problems

Cons

Surprisingly naive Software leadership to what a good product is

Cutting edge technology, future is the vision

Magic Leap is mind-blowing. If someone doesn't know about Augmented Reality or mixed reality it is very hard to explain about this company. This is spatial computing and the company is 10 years in the future. while everyone in the world busy playing with their mobile phone Magic leap is working on a headset that would change the world in future.

Pros

Free lunch, unlimited snack and drinks

Cons

Challenging work

Magic Leap was magical experience its built in its DNA.

Hopefully amidst all the layoff and refocusing of management they will be successful in the future. The company is taking on a enormous task in spacial computing which is very complex.

Pros

Great Place to work!

Cons

I don't feel there where many sometimes lack of understanding of getting the product to market.

Learning environment in the workplace

Worked with some of the smartest people in the industry. Typical day was never typical, got to work on various tasks. Management did not appear to set a good direction for the company.

Executive management do not communicate well

Spent 4 years there before getting laid off. Had some good managers and some terrible ones. Very secretive place, but the work was interesting. I hope they make it through 2020. But I'm not holding my breath.

Managment do not have any strategic thinking

Management do not have any strategic planning. They are hiring ppl till march and Lay-off in April. Also No open door policy, though they say but when it comes to practical then they do not talk to anyone.

Pros

no pros

Cons

No open door policy

An exciting to work and learn

A typical startup company but an exciting place to work and learn many things as you will be given tasks that will help grow professionally.Really lucky to work along with an amazing talent of people

Cutting edge product development and advanced science

Excellent company from a product development perspective but management is not focused on developing a product that is focused on solving problems and capable of going to market and making money.

Good organization for growth

Nice to work in Magic leap. Learning curve is more, Management support is nice. You can have flexible work hours.Over time payment for contractors. Good work environment.

Love the People

Magic Leap was and amazing company to work for and grow. The opportunities abounded in what you could do. But you have limited positional or financial growth.

During my time with Magic Leap, it was amazing and exciting.

During my time with Magic Leap, it was amazing and exciting. I would definitely recommend for anyone to work. They provided great service to their employees and great benefits. Unfortunately i was lay-off out of the blue due to the convid-19.

Complete JOKE!!

Complete joke, worked there for a month and was let go, management has no incentive to help you become a better and productive employee. The job was bad case of musical chairs constantly trying to find work tasks in order to stay busy. Managers hardly speak a word of english, a lot favoritism and nepotism among themselves and who the new hires are especially if you are of a certain individual. Same goes for their security personel. Makes you wander how do they allow certain like that to work a high position. Add insult to injury if you're a temp they will make you feel lesser. So glad to be out. THANKS VERY MUCH BUT NO THANKS!!!!

No Real Magic in Magic Leap

Magic Leap is a facade. Everything is smoke and mirrors. Behind closed doors, a scared child runs the company with sociopaths protecting all of the fraud he commits.

Pros

Paints a lovely picture to get you in

Cons

Facade, Culture, Management, No Equal Pay, Racist and Sexist Culture.

Great pay and Lunches

I was only there for 2 months on a temp contract, so I never got a managing style going with the vendors. As you all know, to establish a good relationship with vendors, you need time to create a good working relationship and discuss future wants and developments.

room to grow great management free lunch on Fridays.

Great company, cross trained in different departments, lots of overtime, good benefits, good pay, one week paid in December for Holidays plus your vacation days.

Duality of culture

Early on, the environment was satisfactory, however, once shareholders began taking over the company, the culture was lost. The company maintains some office benefits such as food and good work areas. They also provide employees with whatever supplies are needed. There are also good paid benefits. However, Job security has always been a stressful factor. There is also a lot of mismanagement to avoid productivity. Management, especially upper management, actively destroys useful and productive projects, while supporting projects that are impossible to produce promised results.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Magic Leap. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

4.2Fairygodboss Score

75%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss
  • Magic Leap
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?