Magic Memories USA LLC Employee Reviews

1.7
Ratings breakdown
fun place to work at
Assistant Manager then promoted to Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 22, 2018
Fun environment with opportunity to meet a lot of people from all over the world. Great place for practicing photography and learn from other photographers. great experience overall for photographers. Management has to deal with everything else while trying to motivate employees, with low pay, based on commissions. Great for students in my opinion or for amateur photographers.
Pros
experience, photography knowledge, flexible hours
Cons
low pay, management practices are not consistent, lack of communication
Degrading job
Sales Associate / photographer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 21, 2017
I've been working at Magic memories at Miami seaquarium for a year and a half. I do work that a supervisor should do but get paid as a regular employee. I have never been offered a raise or promotion while other employees who have been there a much shorter time were offered positions before I was. Sure they work well with my school schedule and the people I work with are generally pretty awesome people. There's a lot of drama that goes on at this place and a lot of favoritism.
Pros
Cool coworkers
Cons
A lot to list
No experience necessary is not a factual statement.
Reject (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 28, 2017
Applied for a job, no photography experience required was listed in the job listing, but in a strange twist, I received an email back from the company saying they would pursue candidates with more relevant backgrounds.

How strange is that?
Pros
Says no experience required.
Cons
Experience is required, what's the word for when you say something that's not true?
Personal Favorites Get Advancement
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 30, 2017
I am a very friendly person who loved working for Magic Memories but people who got advancement where who ever the Human resource management like outside of work I worked for the company for two years I left because of highly unfair rehiring of a supervisor who left the company for reasons unknown a position that could have been filled by me. The fun thing about the job was it was relaxed and meet people from all over the world. I learned to take quality good pictures and speak bits and pieces of Portuguese and German. A typical day is me singing along to the songs they are playing maybe do a little dance since I was one of the best salesmen they started me to work the sales floor and greet people getting off the ride and asking it they took pictures with us if they said yes and would like to see I showed it to them in my own way of presentation rather by song or dance or I be the photographer and take awesome pictures so the sale can be completed. The hardest part was mean attitude guest or people who tried to bargaining the set price of the merchandise.
Pros
Freedom of expression
Cons
Favoritism
Very unorganized
Front Line Photographer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 28, 2017
Thus company is very unorganized. They may be a new company but there's still a lot of unnecessary problems that go on. The management teams treats employees as if they are children. They don't post the schedule until the last minute. Just very unorganized as a whole. You don't get recognized for your hard work.
Pros
Pay, scenery
Cons
Short breaks. Doesn't tell you about benefits. Unorganized. Unfair.