Magic Memories Employee Reviews

I hated it
Photographer/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 7, 2018
Management wants to sweep stuff under the rug. Male employees are sexist and always looking to get with female employees. I felt objectified and was compared to other females. Stressful for no reason, too much pressure. Not worth it. Supervisors are jerks and power trippers. I would never recommend this place to anyone.
Awesome place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNSeptember 30, 2018
I loved working there and I miss the environment and people so much!! Always had such a good time coming to work everyday. Met some many new people from different places and it was always an exciting day.
Magic memories
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 27, 2018
Resides inside the Everything coke building in las vegas. Cocsa cola is a great place to work inside. But Magic Memories a new Zeland owned company bought Sharp Shooters. They ruined our pay and treated employees like slaves. They only want a place that we strive for their numbers and toik all incentives and our commission away.
Pros
A job
Cons
Everything you can imagine
Magic Memories
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOSeptember 21, 2018
For the most part I enjoyed working here. The people I worked with made it fun and the site manager was awesome. I didn't like the changes that the CEO made. After the changes it made the work environment very stressful.
Pros
Co-workers, flexible hours
Cons
Corporate
Absolutely terrible
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CAAugust 29, 2018
My manager is a nigtmare. Since he took over, my hours have been cut and theres no communication when I ask him about it. Most times, my paycheck isnt correct and my commission isnt correct. This company steals pay.
Fun Job
Photographer-Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAAugust 22, 2018
I overall enjoyed working with Magic Memories, and developed some fundamental sales skills from this job. Work can be enjoyable and not too stressful, especially if you have some interest in photography.
Your experience as an employee depends on the venue
Souvenir Photographer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 19, 2018
I worked at the Downtown Aquarium location. The managers were very relaxed, which is both good and bad. It’a good because the job, in and of itself, is very low stress. It only became bad when the managers would place their responsibilities onto the employees (for example, filling out reports to send to the corporate office).
Pros
Flexible scheduling, minimum stress job, easy to learn.
Cons
Micromanaged by venue employees, weather effects sales, corporate leads have unrealistic expectations
Fun environment, can be boring
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 16, 2018
Not a bad place to work. The schedule is pretty flexible. The pay was solid. Management was a bit shaky. Got boring after a couple of months. You do get to meet a lot of different people.
Horrible place to work in
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2018
I worked for a company called sharp shooters. Magic Memories bought the company a few years ago and since then Iit has been horrible to work there. The Upper Management team does not know what goes on, the HR department is non existent.

And the amounts of times ive gotten my paycheck wrong and been underpaid my commission is too many to count
Fun workplace sometimes slow
Legoland photographer (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAAugust 5, 2018
Sometimes the workplace would get slow and I would stand around which would make time drag. Cool atmosphere to work and and nice people. Flexible schedule arrangement s
Pros
Cool work atmosphere
Cons
Compromised management
It's a mess
Sales Photographer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 30, 2018
Things are disorganized, I have been lied to multiple times about advancement in the company. Schedules are constantly changing. Our manager spends most time during the week off the floor. We have been bleeding staff.
Pros
The friends you make along the way
Cons
the job
Fun
Sales Photographer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 29, 2018
The community is nice, depends where location, we're in the aquarium so it is really fun, Summer is crazy with tourist, but calm for the rest of the year.
No comment
Lead Photographer (Current Employee) –  Branson, MOJuly 10, 2018
No comment I don't want to commit on this company. Or the managers that work at any venue. I will say you need to think twice about working there. There is better jobs
Great job for someone young and fleible
Manager/ lead photographer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2018
I was a Manger before i left magic memories and i left because i wasn't satisfied with the company. Not a bad place to work if you're young and starting because the hours are not flexible. They need you on weekends they need you on holidays. and all the times that you would like to be off so that you can enjoy life are going to be on your schedule. I loved it my first year but after i had kids working like that got old real quick.
Pros
Great starter job
Cons
you work nights, weekends, holidays. they don't pay much
magic memories company
Photographer/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJune 12, 2018
The team members are great and stationed managers are hardworking. Starting hours are set but not the ending of the shift. multiple languages come in handy.
Supportive and energetic workplace.
Sales Associate/Photographer (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOJune 8, 2018
Magic Memories was a place that encouraged learning and being supportive above all else. I think that was incredibly important to me at the time. I would recommend it for anyone looking to get some workplace experience.
Productive and fun work environment.
Site Supervisor / Lead Photographer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 4, 2018
Great company to work for. I really enjoy coming to work every day I am really happy with this job and I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a good job.
Pros
Pto
Cons
There are none
Stressful with little chance of advancement
Sales Photographer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 31, 2018
The job started out great. I fell in love with the venue and the atmosphere. It quickly changed after a management shift. After that I was over worked and under paid. Even though there was promise of a raise every year. I only saw one 0.25 in the entirety of my 3 year years. I was listed as part time but worked full time hours. Because they refused to give me the official Full Time title I never got the benefits I so desperately needed. When I first applied I was told advancement was easy. That is not the case. I tired and tried but never could advance. I was started on training plans then forgotten on more than one occasion. After I showed interest they started to nit pick every little thing I did to the point that I couldn't even sneeze without getting told to stop that and do my job. In my final days I was walking on eggshells. I lost all the faith in my management and feared every encounter with a manager. Even my love for the venue was not enough to keep me there.
Pros
Wonderful venue
Cons
No benefits, high stress, low pay
Fun work environment. No commission.
Sales Associate/Photographer (Current Employee) –  Branson, MOMay 30, 2018
This is a great company. Great people to work for. You definitely have a full day on the 5 show days. It's a pretty simple job but can be really fun. I enjoyed working here. No commission.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch on long days. Great boss.
Cons
Hours, no commission
A good first job
PHOTOGRAPHER/TECH (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 24, 2018
This was my first job and it was a really good thing as my intro to the workforce. I learned a lot and I got some new skills, and my managers were always really great. My coworkers were all really close and it was a really fun and team oriented place to be.
Pros
long lunches, lots of places to eat, good coworkers
Cons
parking sucks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Magic Memories. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight