Magic Memories Employee Reviews

Absolutely terrible
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CAAugust 29, 2018
My manager is a nigtmare. Since he took over, my hours have been cut and theres no communication when I ask him about it. Most times, my paycheck isnt correct and my commission isnt correct. This company steals pay.
Your experience as an employee depends on the venue
Souvenir Photographer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 19, 2018
I worked at the Downtown Aquarium location. The managers were very relaxed, which is both good and bad. It’a good because the job, in and of itself, is very low stress. It only became bad when the managers would place their responsibilities onto the employees (for example, filling out reports to send to the corporate office).
Pros
Flexible scheduling, minimum stress job, easy to learn.
Cons
Micromanaged by venue employees, weather effects sales, corporate leads have unrealistic expectations
Fun environment, can be boring
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 16, 2018
Not a bad place to work. The schedule is pretty flexible. The pay was solid. Management was a bit shaky. Got boring after a couple of months. You do get to meet a lot of different people.
Horrible place to work in
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2018
I worked for a company called sharp shooters. Magic Memories bought the company a few years ago and since then Iit has been horrible to work there. The Upper Management team does not know what goes on, the HR department is non existent.

And the amounts of times ive gotten my paycheck wrong and been underpaid my commission is too many to count
Fun workplace sometimes slow
Legoland photographer (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAAugust 5, 2018
Sometimes the workplace would get slow and I would stand around which would make time drag. Cool atmosphere to work and and nice people. Flexible schedule arrangement s
Pros
Cool work atmosphere
Cons
Compromised management
It's a mess
Sales Photographer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 30, 2018
Things are disorganized, I have been lied to multiple times about advancement in the company. Schedules are constantly changing. Our manager spends most time during the week off the floor. We have been bleeding staff.
Pros
The friends you make along the way
Cons
the job
Fun
Sales Photographer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 29, 2018
The community is nice, depends where location, we're in the aquarium so it is really fun, Summer is crazy with tourist, but calm for the rest of the year.
No comment
Lead Photographer (Current Employee) –  Branson, MOJuly 10, 2018
No comment I don't want to commit on this company. Or the managers that work at any venue. I will say you need to think twice about working there. There is better jobs
Great job for someone young and fleible
Manager/ lead photographer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2018
I was a Manger before i left magic memories and i left because i wasn't satisfied with the company. Not a bad place to work if you're young and starting because the hours are not flexible. They need you on weekends they need you on holidays. and all the times that you would like to be off so that you can enjoy life are going to be on your schedule. I loved it my first year but after i had kids working like that got old real quick.
Pros
Great starter job
Cons
you work nights, weekends, holidays. they don't pay much
Supportive and energetic workplace.
Sales Associate/Photographer (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOJune 8, 2018
Magic Memories was a place that encouraged learning and being supportive above all else. I think that was incredibly important to me at the time. I would recommend it for anyone looking to get some workplace experience.
Productive and fun work environment.
Site Supervisor / Lead Photographer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 4, 2018
Great company to work for. I really enjoy coming to work every day I am really happy with this job and I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a good job.
Pros
Pto
Cons
There are none
Stressful with little chance of advancement
Sales Photographer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 31, 2018
The job started out great. I fell in love with the venue and the atmosphere. It quickly changed after a management shift. After that I was over worked and under paid. Even though there was promise of a raise every year. I only saw one 0.25 in the entirety of my 3 year years. I was listed as part time but worked full time hours. Because they refused to give me the official Full Time title I never got the benefits I so desperately needed. When I first applied I was told advancement was easy. That is not the case. I tired and tried but never could advance. I was started on training plans then forgotten on more than one occasion. After I showed interest they started to nit pick every little thing I did to the point that I couldn't even sneeze without getting told to stop that and do my job. In my final days I was walking on eggshells. I lost all the faith in my management and feared every encounter with a manager. Even my love for the venue was not enough to keep me there.
Pros
Wonderful venue
Cons
No benefits, high stress, low pay
Fun work environment. No commission.
Sales Associate/Photographer (Current Employee) –  Branson, MOMay 30, 2018
This is a great company. Great people to work for. You definitely have a full day on the 5 show days. It's a pretty simple job but can be really fun. I enjoyed working here. No commission.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch on long days. Great boss.
Cons
Hours, no commission
A good first job
PHOTOGRAPHER/TECH (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 24, 2018
This was my first job and it was a really good thing as my intro to the workforce. I learned a lot and I got some new skills, and my managers were always really great. My coworkers were all really close and it was a really fun and team oriented place to be.
Pros
long lunches, lots of places to eat, good coworkers
Cons
parking sucks
The job started off good but didn't end good
Assistant Venue Manager (Former Employee) –  Snowmass, COMay 21, 2018
The employees and upper managements are often very nice and hard workers, but the CEO only cares about money; he doesn't know what it's like at individual locations. A lot of corporate employees also don't know how to do their jobs.
Fun workplace and interesting people can be met through working there.
Legoland California- Photographer, Sales, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMay 21, 2018
It was interesting to learn different software for the pictures. It was fun to work in different locations of the park as well. Also understanding the dynamics of a company that works within another. The culture there is great and the work-ethic that they have is great too.
Pros
Make great friends
Cons
short breaks, schedules are always changing
Good Entry Level Photography Job
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15219May 14, 2018
Magic Memories teaches very good skills for using a camera while providing a fun, accepting environment. A great starter job for anyone looking to become a photographer.
Pros
Fun environment, On-site training
Cons
Short hours
Engaging and fun environment
Photographer (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMay 10, 2018
I enjoy working at this job due the fun environment. I take photos of people during baseball games and interact with different types of people. I enjoy being in this job.
Pros
Meeting new people
Poor managment
Photographer/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYApril 23, 2018
Would not recommend if under same management, Showed a lot of favoritism toward her friends. Scheduling was done poorly, would be changed mid week on a regular basis,
Ok
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 23, 2018
Im put my two weeks in because my manager informed me that i was 2 minutes late. I received 2 strikes one for being 2 min late and the other for not calling to let them know I was gunna be 2 min late . Only 6 stiles are given a month I’m in Denver co and you have to go up a huge stair case before you may clock in ! The people there are the same people that have been there for years .
Pros
Discount
Cons
Late policy is unrealistic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Magic Memories. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight