Magic Memories Employee Reviews

Great job for someone young and fleible
Manager/ lead photographer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2018
I was a Manger before i left magic memories and i left because i wasn't satisfied with the company. Not a bad place to work if you're young and starting because the hours are not flexible. They need you on weekends they need you on holidays. and all the times that you would like to be off so that you can enjoy life are going to be on your schedule. I loved it my first year but after i had kids working like that got old real quick.
Pros
Great starter job
Cons
you work nights, weekends, holidays. they don't pay much
Supportive and energetic workplace.
Sales Associate/Photographer (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOJune 8, 2018
Magic Memories was a place that encouraged learning and being supportive above all else. I think that was incredibly important to me at the time. I would recommend it for anyone looking to get some workplace experience.
Productive and fun work environment.
Site Supervisor / Lead Photographer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 4, 2018
Great company to work for. I really enjoy coming to work every day I am really happy with this job and I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a good job.
Pros
Pto
Cons
There are none
Stressful with little chance of advancement
Sales Photographer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 31, 2018
The job started out great. I fell in love with the venue and the atmosphere. It quickly changed after a management shift. After that I was over worked and under paid. Even though there was promise of a raise every year. I only saw one 0.25 in the entirety of my 3 year years. I was listed as part time but worked full time hours. Because they refused to give me the official Full Time title I never got the benefits I so desperately needed. When I first applied I was told advancement was easy. That is not the case. I tired and tried but never could advance. I was started on training plans then forgotten on more than one occasion. After I showed interest they started to nit pick every little thing I did to the point that I couldn't even sneeze without getting told to stop that and do my job. In my final days I was walking on eggshells. I lost all the faith in my management and feared every encounter with a manager. Even my love for the venue was not enough to keep me there.
Pros
Wonderful venue
Cons
No benefits, high stress, low pay
Fun work environment. No commission.
Sales Associate/Photographer (Current Employee) –  Branson, MOMay 30, 2018
This is a great company. Great people to work for. You definitely have a full day on the 5 show days. It's a pretty simple job but can be really fun. I enjoyed working here. No commission.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch on long days. Great boss.
Cons
Hours, no commission
A good first job
PHOTOGRAPHER/TECH (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 24, 2018
This was my first job and it was a really good thing as my intro to the workforce. I learned a lot and I got some new skills, and my managers were always really great. My coworkers were all really close and it was a really fun and team oriented place to be.
Pros
long lunches, lots of places to eat, good coworkers
Cons
parking sucks
The job started off good but didn't end good
Assistant Venue Manager (Former Employee) –  Snowmass, COMay 21, 2018
The employees and upper managements are often very nice and hard workers, but the CEO only cares about money; he doesn't know what it's like at individual locations. A lot of corporate employees also don't know how to do their jobs.
Fun workplace and interesting people can be met through working there.
Legoland California- Photographer, Sales, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMay 21, 2018
It was interesting to learn different software for the pictures. It was fun to work in different locations of the park as well. Also understanding the dynamics of a company that works within another. The culture there is great and the work-ethic that they have is great too.
Pros
Make great friends
Cons
short breaks, schedules are always changing
Good Entry Level Photography Job
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15219May 14, 2018
Magic Memories teaches very good skills for using a camera while providing a fun, accepting environment. A great starter job for anyone looking to become a photographer.
Pros
Fun environment, On-site training
Cons
Short hours
Engaging and fun environment
Photographer (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMay 10, 2018
I enjoy working at this job due the fun environment. I take photos of people during baseball games and interact with different types of people. I enjoy being in this job.
Pros
Meeting new people
Poor managment
Photographer/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYApril 23, 2018
Would not recommend if under same management, Showed a lot of favoritism toward her friends. Scheduling was done poorly, would be changed mid week on a regular basis,
Ok
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 23, 2018
Im put my two weeks in because my manager informed me that i was 2 minutes late. I received 2 strikes one for being 2 min late and the other for not calling to let them know I was gunna be 2 min late . Only 6 stiles are given a month I’m in Denver co and you have to go up a huge stair case before you may clock in ! The people there are the same people that have been there for years .
Pros
Discount
Cons
Late policy is unrealistic
quick paced and less stress
Photographer and Sales Technician (Current Employee) –  HawaiiApril 15, 2018
If you're looking for a chill job, it's really fun to meet different types of people everyday. Keeping them smile.

Co-workers are fun to be with, and managers too
Sharpshooter Imaging
Photographer/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 23, 2018
it was a great experience working here. taking pictures is my life's passion. sometimes things were a little unorganized, but we managed to pull through and make the best of it.
Magic Memories destroys venues
Assistant Venue Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport, ORMarch 21, 2018
Magic Memories has destroyed what we had at this venue and disrespected their employees in multiple ways. We were told all the wonderful things MM was going to offer, but they turned out to be empty promises of better pay, equipment, and technology. To start, absolutely none of the changes that have come with the Sharpshooter/Magic Memories transition have been implemented in a way that is supportive, thought out, or efficient. In fact, there was a severe lack of training, and rollouts were much more aggressive than necessary. Right as we entered our busy season of 2017, our commission was cut. Our venue had made more commission in the last year than ever before, and we were preparing for an even busier season than 2016, our best year. We were confident we would see commissions close to what we saw during spring break that year, making almost as much in commission as our hourly, or more because we went so far past what was expected of us. The new commission scheme made that impossible, and we did not make anywhere near what we expected. Our hourly pay was eventually raised, and we were told that this would benefit us during the winter season, as we usually did not make much in commission during winter. With the benefit of a steadier winter check, we reluctantly accepted the offer that the entire team still felt was unfair, however with the winter season came a drastic cut in hours from previous years. Everyone, including the entire management team, worked part-time hours in an attempt to meet the unrealistic wage goals expected of us, which meant we did not get the benefit of  more... having more income during our offseason. We received emails with illogical and irrational expectations, such as an email at 11:00 pm demanding every venue cut hours the next day and if there were a venue that could not cut hours for whatever reason, another would have to make up for it. As we finally approach the end of our slow season, we looked forward to the opportunity to share our thoughts and ideas on how to better the company, and then we couldn’t because it was being pushed back for half a year. We looked forward to our performance reviews that would determine our merit raises as we entered another busy season. Wrong again, that is being pushed back too. In addition to all of this, there were two separate occasions that we did not get paid on time, and in my opinion, it was not handled well by the company. The perception of the frontline staff is that Magic Memories is greedy, cheap, and does not value their employees. It seems they look for any chance they can take to slight their frontline while saying it is to “improve” the task or process. All of this, along with the exorbitant goals set for this month have made it almost impossible to keep the team motivated, including myself. When we ask for an explanation of these goals, we are told no one ever got back to our Regional Manager, so they don’t know. I cannot put 100% of myself in this job if the company and senior management are not going to do the same in return. I do not think this venue will recover from the damage Magic Memories has caused.

It is incredibly bittersweet for me because even though I will be leaving behind the immense amount of stress this company causes, I am also leaving behind a team I have become very close with and the idea of what this team could have accomplished if Magic Memories never took over.
Pros
My team was amazing!
Cons
Poor senior management, poor communication, cut hours during slow season, low pay for what they demand
Fast paced, collaborative work in a unique environment
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 20, 2018
The work is fast paced and very team oriented. The team members were friendly and good with customers, and the position was a little competitive. The managers were a little lacking and the pay and hours were not livable for the area (Atlanta).
horrible company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  COMarch 15, 2018
better before Magic Memories took over. They do everything in their power to make you work hard yet you don't get compensated for it. They cut our pay and are making it impossible to make commissions. There are no incentives to go above and beyond
Pros
works with your schedule
Cons
everything
Stressful
PHOTOGRAPHER (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNMarch 7, 2018
Magic Memories is a stressful workplace. They expect quite a bit out of you in little time for example you must take the photos of all the guest and sell to them in less than 3 hours before the next show.
Pros
discounts, decent pay
Cons
no benefts
It was an okay job good life lesson
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAFebruary 28, 2018
I can honestly say I had a good life lesson from this job I met a good selection of people but all in all this job needs a little more work on a higher scale
High pace work environment
Lead Sales Photographer (Former Employee) –  Durango, COFebruary 26, 2018
Typically a 12 hour day taking portraits on a steam engine locamative engine train. After taking and printing your packages, you would sell them back to the customer. The scenary was beautiful.
Pros
Worked 4 days instead of 5
Cons
long days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Magic Memories. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.4Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight