Magna International Inc Employee Reviews

Found 1,212 reviews matching the search See all 2,151 reviews
Poor management
Tea Lead (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 17, 2019
Poor management lead to stressful situations. Staff often inconsiderate to other employees, including management. Management favors particular employees.
Facilities Project Coordinator - San Luis Potosi (Former Employee) –  San Luis PotosíJune 17, 2019
The experience of built a mirror factory, meet a lot of people of different countries,known a little about their culture.

About learning, I could tell was such as a second school because they have a lot of technology and highly trained people.
Fun workplace
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  East China, MI 48054June 17, 2019
Magna is really fun place to me when I was working there, especially when everyone is on the same pase. I would definitely be interested to go back to work for Magna.
Ppl were very rude..
Assembly (Current Employee) –  Shelby Twp, MIJune 16, 2019
The jobs weren't hard. The people however were/are very rude. The men don't say excuse me or they'll stand right in front of you while having the daily meeting before the shift starts. The breaks are only 10 minutes and you never know if you're working Saturday until FRIDAY..
Good company
Set up and run operator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 15, 2019
This was a great job, had a bad supervisor, but the job was great. Training was good, and the follow up was good to ensure quality. Downside losts of oil for the steel, so you were greasy.
Better than some worse than most
MATERIAL PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCJune 15, 2019
I was supposed to get a bonus and was laid off instead. They don't want anyone to advance and succeed. With that, the employees were very nice and fun to work with.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
No advancement. They would rather cheat you out of bonus money instead of paying it out
magna the company it's self is not a bad place to work for ots more of the management
lifegate Operator (Former Employee) –  Belvidere, ILJune 11, 2019
I started working at Magna in December of 2017 as a temporary employee I was not up for hire until my 90 days were completed but I was such a good worker I was hired in after 60 days I was currently discharged because we are under a point system that I exceeded due to lack of communication
Pros
You become skilled in different task that helps out with your job finding abilities
Cons
They loose good.workers based of their personal opionions
Team Members
P32 Assembler (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJune 11, 2019
1st shift is a amazing ideal part of this job. 3rd shift sucks and they aren't helpful nor do they wanna train people. Supervisor is horrible. 3rd shift needs more social skills
Pros
The money is great
Cons
Short breaks, rushed on everything because your new, and the supervisor & team leaders suck
Coworkers are great family feel
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Highland Park, MIJune 8, 2019
Great for a 1st job. Hours aren’t flexible. Pay and benefits are decent. Job advancement and school tuition reimbursements are available. Discounts a lot of things. Union reps are horrible.
Management sucks
Manager (Former Employee) –  Belvidere, ILJune 5, 2019
Politics in management its who you worked with in the past rather then your history with the team on the floor. No job security throughout the whole plant. Only open for 2 years and replaced GM manager, several production managers, logistics managers, engineers, accounting, and hundreds of production team members.
Just watch the adds for new jobs MAGNA is allways in the need to replace. Termed or people quit every day.
Pros
pay
Not treated fairly
Sub Assembler (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJune 5, 2019
Fairly treated not at all management have picks team leaders talk to you like a dog your voice isn’t heard it’s not enough organization in this warehouse
good corporate environment.
Senior Structural Engineer (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 4, 2019
good company.with corporate ethics. management take care of employee needs. flexible environment and competitive benefits. follow ethics and compliances.
Absolutely terrible.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Belvidere, ILJune 4, 2019
Terrible. A LOT of People are fired every single day, it’s hysterical. No job security, they work you to death, they were supposed to change the schedule for us and that never happened. Wouldn’t wish this place on my worst enemy.
Cons
Good money, not family oriented
Machine Operator/ Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INJune 3, 2019
The money is great when you're working overtime. However, their point process makes it very hard for people with families to stay employed for very long.
Pros
paid lunch break
Cons
intolerant of missing work
it was a fair place to work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYJune 3, 2019
my mom got sick and so things got very stressful and eventually caused me to leave my employment to go and take care of her until she passed on the atmosphere wasn't geared to the concern for my family
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
lack of consideration of management
Great pay, horrible management
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Alto, MIJune 2, 2019
Pay is great, most of the employees are great. Not the place for people with children... you never know when you will get out and they don’t care if you need to pick up a sick kid.
Pros
Pay, benefits, 401k, health, dental, and vision
Cons
Never knowing when you get out
No work-life balance
Engineering Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 1, 2019
The salaries seem generous until you calculate an hourly rate. As people have quit, they have not replaced them, but the work load continues to grow. Some tension between "foreign" and "permanent workers".
Pros
Competitive Salary
Cons
No Work life Balance
Terrible place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJune 1, 2019
No respect, management has no idea how to run a business, much favoritism, very unorganized, extremely unprofessional management, more worried about quantity not concerned about quality. They give people positions on favoritism , not experience. This was the worst place that I have ever worked in my entire life. I have not and will never recommend anyone that I know to work here.
Pros
We got a paycheck
Cons
We worked at Magna, they do not care about the employee
Head on collision waiting to happen
Disgruntled employee (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIMay 31, 2019
Yea they may offer some good benefits but, your treatment is based on your job title. And if you're not in management or engineering, they could care less about you
Pros
Good medical benefits
Cons
No family life, very poor treatment if youre in production
Great place to work.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 26, 2019
I wouldn't have left if it wasn't for health issues. I was in my probationary period so I couldn't take advantage of my benefits yet. All in all, great people, commute wasn't even bad. Great pay dropped from 12 to 8hr wrk days and had every other weekend off.
Pros
Cafeteria goood was actually Great, Sups were pretty cool and laid back as long as you do what you're supposed to.
Cons
Initially had 12hr shifts, but they've gone to 8 now. Soo that's actually a PRO.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Magna International Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss