Magna International Inc Employee Reviews

Awesome company to work for
SMT OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Holly, MIJuly 17, 2018
I have worked for the Electornics branch for the past three years and it has been nothig but awesome. The job can get frustrating sometimes but you can’t beat the benefits for the work you do.
Pros
Free holiday meals
Fast pace work environment.
Operator B Specialist (Former Employee) –  Holly, MIJuly 14, 2018
Great place to work. Nice and clean place to work. I was in a very bad car accident and I lost my job of 5 years. I learned a lot at magna and studied at ITT
Good sensitive activities and teamwork
Logistics Magna (Former Employee) –  Liberty MissouriJuly 13, 2018
I love the way they rotate their stations so things don't get repetitive nice easy Pace work environment a good job for single mom for the advancement in financial
Pros
Can health benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Great open door policy from all supervisory associates
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYJuly 12, 2018
Magna is a wonderful place to work. Full of people who keep morale up. I work at the LAP plant where the seats are built and I learned so much from there. I also moved up quickly and have been employed with them for 3+ years.
Pros
Great environment, music over loud speakers, constantly working
Cons
Hot environment, long hours on your feet
Shift leadership lacking
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 11, 2018
Good company to work for. Advancing to a 1st shift position very competitive. Limitied education benefits. Hours are unpredictable but manageable. High turn over rate in skilled trades department.
good environment
Team Lead/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 11, 2018
place is always hiring and has good people. I was not there very long to develop a good understanding of operations, but they seemed engaged and were happy to be there
Pros
food
Cons
treated temps poorly
I love the benefits
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Piedmont, SCJuly 10, 2018
I like magna far as the company. Great insurance ,great hours, and, great people i just dislike the company i came in with they don't pay magna money but that's totally my fault but i like the job.
Pros
benefits and ot
Cons
the long walk into the plant
A typical factory floor job, but stressful
Operator (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 9, 2018
The typical work day was stressful when you arrived, the quotas were not unreasonable but the machinery would often malfunction and require down time with the technicians. The management on the floor were usually good people, but they were under a lot of pressure from the corporate side of things. The hardest part of the job was meeting quotas. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I got transferred to camera testing and could mostly work on my own with a machine that rarely did not work.
Management needs improvement but coworkers are awesome
Line Operator/ Conveyance (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCJuly 9, 2018
When coming to work, I work on the line. Management was often unclear of directions and expectations. Sometimes they would say one thing and mean another. Hours often varied based off your production line and if someone was running behind everyone worked extra hours. Management did not ensure workers met their quotas on second shift but first shift was held to a higher standard. From this job, I enjoyed meeting some of my coworkers who have become really close friends.
Small company atmosphere
Cad fea engineer (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 3, 2018
A nice atmosphere with a conscientious hard working people. The work was a bit repetitious at times but my boss was great to work for and kept it fun. Some very talented people but high pressure supplier mode caused me to burn out at times. I would definitely go back there again.
Pros
Good location, nice facility
Cons
High pressure, deadlines, no std work models.
What I do?
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJune 26, 2018
- Inspect
I have work experience from there, this was my first job in my whole life. I didn't actually enjoy working there, but I don't hate it either.
Alot of work and a lack of respect for employees
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Wixom, MIJune 26, 2018
over worked, 20 minute lunch break, lacks professionalism, team leads can pretty much say what they what and practically flat out lie with no consequences. extreme heat in the summer
SEAT BUILDER (Former Employee) –  Lordstown, OHJune 25, 2018
Excellent working environment with friendly helping management. I would highly recommend this job to anyone. Teamwork is essential on the production floor, and safety is mandatory.
fun and productive
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Belvidere, ILJune 20, 2018
it was a very good job with some very amazing people in there but very stressful but you will have so much fun there believe me.very fast paced you are always on your feet .
Ok place to work
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOJune 17, 2018
Sometimes needs better management in different fields. Need better time management between employees and management. Need much better direction from management there is no direction and some of the departments
Not the best
Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newaygo, MIJune 15, 2018
There was one manager who was thoroughly enjoyable to work for but the business unit manager in the assembly department was not to be trusted and he's seemed to keep his job even despite some quite disrespectful behavior to his subordinates.

He's lied about things, thrown the people who work for him under the bus to hide his own mistakes, talked condescendingly to almost anybody who provides alternate ideas, made very poor decisions on who to hire, fire, and keep around, and ultimately created an uncomfortable work environment.

Some people at Magna in Newaygo are cool and I love them, but this isn't a place I'd recommend for anybody unless it was the only option they had left.
Pros
some cool people to work with, leave for lunches, work with teams
Cons
Careless and unprofessional management, unexpected overtime, almost impossible to put your personal life first, not worth the money
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOJune 13, 2018
The work keeps you busy, the pay is decent, and people are friendly.It isnt hard to learn the work if you are willing and it is easy work if you just keep moving. Management will try to work with you as long as you are hard working and do your job. The hardest part of the job can be the long hours, the heat in the summer, and the toll that it can take on the body.
Pros
Decent pay, some bonuses
Cons
its a great company to work for if you are willing to be the cog in the wheel.
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOJune 13, 2018
I moved to KC, MO with the plan of making enough to buy a house back in MI, but all i did was work 12 hour days and come back to MI earlier then planned. Magna is a great company with many benefits that can be suited to fit your personal needs.
Good company to work for if you are willing to put in the effort
Director of Global Logistics & Trade Compliance (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 12, 2018
#1 tier one automotive company in North America. #3 in the world. Many avenues for personal and professional; growth. High achievers are rewarded. Not much patience for those who do the bare minimum.
Pros
Challenging environment- many growth opportuntes
Cons
Work life balance can be a challenge at times
Union shop with great benefits and decent pay
Absentee Replacement Operator (Current Employee) –  Lordstown, OHJune 11, 2018
I like working at Magna, Union shop with great benefits and decent pay. occasional OT required but usually only 40 hours a week Monday thru Friday.Management has an open door policy so its easy to talk with anyone about all your needs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Magna International Inc. Our community is ready to answer.