Magna International Inc Employee Reviews

Found 910 reviews matching the search See all 1,567 reviews
Contract
Offshore Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIFebruary 21, 2019
They pinch every penny possible. Offshore work to India. Run with a minimal crew and not may opportunities for outsiders. It was a job to learn from and prepare me for somewhere else
The worse place I've worked for! Don't do it!
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  PlymouthFebruary 20, 2019
I worked for this place a little over a month and it's by far the absolute worse! Management plays favoritism all day long. They play by their rules and their rules only. If they don't like it, they make it known and they try every single day to get you to quit. Your leads do NOTHING for you. If they don't like you they will bad mouth you all day long but play nice in your face. This place is awful! Pay isn't even worth it! And after your 90 days through the temp service you have to do another 90 with the company itself and you only get 2 points with the temp service and ONE point doing probation with the company because the second one you are fired! TERRRIBLLLE PLACE, DON'T even waste your time! They set you up for failure if you don't play by their rules! Sorry babes! I won't kiss no ones butt :)
Cons
Magna is a good place to work.
Production Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Lordstown, OHFebruary 17, 2019
Magna is a well run company with good benefits and competitive wages. The culture is a team concept with a emphasis on quality and on time delivery for our customer. The hardest part of the job is to have a hundred plus employees come together as a cohesive unit to accomplish our daily production goals. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see those goals realized on a day toi day basis.
Pros
Good benifits and salary, good work enviorment.
Busy
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNFebruary 16, 2019
At Magna there is always work to be done. Wether it is sweaping the floors, kitting, or working the line. There is always something for people to do. You will always get your 40 hours in.
Pros
Always work to do
Cons
Short breaks
Magna
Mce (Former Employee) –  Howell, MIFebruary 12, 2019
Magna is a good olace to work its a slow but kinda fast past u make good money get good hours as well u get trained and learn alot about different things
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Non
Relaxed fast pace place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INFebruary 10, 2019
It was a pleasant but fast paced environment to work. I enjoyed my time there but only left due to lack of advancement . I started out as a temporary employee through a temp agency but eventually was hired in full time with benefits and weekly pay.
Pros
Break room
Cons
Long process from temp to hire
It was difficult to work there because of the managment at the time I worked there
Clerical Support/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIFebruary 9, 2019
At the time I was there they seemed to hire just about anyone. My option there were a lot of people who did not care about the job and were there for a pay check. While I was a team leader it was very difficult to manage people when they would leave the line when they felt like it. I would fill in for them while they were gone but it became difficult to do their job and mine. The plant manager at the time did what he could to help me but he had a job to do as well. He was one of the best managers I had at Magna. He has since left the company a couple of months before I left.
Pros
Not much to saythat is positive
Cons
People who did notcare about thier job or the company
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Excelsior Springs, MOFebruary 4, 2019
Good place with good people! I’ve worked there for a year now. And I really don’t have any board things to say about them! All in all good place to work
Stress unbalanced environment
Team Lead, Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  USFebruary 1, 2019
This review applies to Magna Electronics as Magna International is very big and has a different work culture and a different environment in each group.
1) Underappreciated by upper management
2) Matrix organization complicates organizational structure
3) Roles do not align to job titles.
4) Understaff generates unbalanced workloads
5) High Turnovers
Pros
High Benefits
Cons
Work Environment
Very productive workplace
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Newaygo, MIJanuary 30, 2019
I worked in an assembly cell at Magna Mirrors, so I was placed with a group of about 6 or 7 people in a unit. We all started at a position to assemble rear-view mirrors for vehicles. Every hour, everyone would rotate around the cell so things didn't get too tedious and everyone knew how to run everything quickly and efficiently. Management was fairly decent, I think. In the time I worked there, I grew fond of my team leader. She was very cheerful and motivated. Workplace culture was pretty laid back; just your average factory job. The hardest part of my job there, was getting used to being on my feet all day, but I've gotten used to that over the years, and it doesn't bother me anymore. The most enjoyable part of my job there, was getting to know all the interesting people I worked with. I made a lot of friends in my assembly cell.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long drive from home
Good benefits
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIJanuary 30, 2019
Good health benefits and decent pay with lots of overtime during the week and weekends. Matching 401k. Tuition reimbursement for up to three classes a year.
Pros
Good benefits and pay.
Cons
Having to work lots of weekends, mandatory overtime durning the week to cover vacations due to lack of staffing.
Nice people.
prodution supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KY 42101January 29, 2019
Nice people on the shop floor . very poor communication from upper management. I have been here 3 years with no performance review. Within the first year they doubled my work load . and eliminated a 70k position and gave me a 7k raise. Lack of respect from upper management to middle management.
Pros
On site cafatireia
Cons
Long hours . no pay raises
Warehouse Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 27, 2019
Lack of communication. Set up for failure. About themselves and themselves only. I would not recommend Magna Decostar to anyone. Have to worry about job security.
Great company
Team Leader/ laborer (Current Employee) –  Lordstown, OHJanuary 27, 2019
Love this company. They follow their employee charter. Great place to work. Mangers and hourly work together towards same goals. Friendly environment.
Pros
Safe place to work
Cons
Closing
the culture
Foam Tech (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJanuary 25, 2019
Cool place to work right out of college. Good people. Only hard-working people able to advance. Really did not like the Management for personal reason.
High volume and demand production.
Assembler/Welder/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Clinton, TNJanuary 25, 2019
Great place to work. Wonderful employees. I work there for 8 years. The wages help take care of my family. I learn so much in the company and grow in years
Pros
Nice cafeteria
Cons
Short breaks, work 6 to 7 days a week
its ok
Assembly Production/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Piedmont, SCJanuary 22, 2019
the job is stressful day in and day out.i learned how to work work work! Management is poor. it used to be ok but not anymore.the hardest part of the job is working everyday 50hrs are better a week.
Pros
ok money
Cons
bad management
Low Supervision
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 20, 2019
I was able to work on my own and get things done the way I wanted to do them. As long as the job was done correctly management was happy.
Benefits were excellent. Would still work there if I was able.
Pros
Great benefits and ability to work on my own
Mis Management
Team Lead/Utility Prodution Worker (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNJanuary 18, 2019
Management and supervisor do not follow rules in place by union contract. Discrimination is high. Required qualification for jobs are not equal therefore non qualified individuals are placed in positions that creates dysfunction of job expectations
Pros
unlimited overtime
Cons
poor attendance program, inconsistant treatment, poor management
Very discouraging enviorment
Toolmaker (Former Employee) –  Clinton, TNJanuary 18, 2019
Endless hours waiting on equipment to do your job. Lack of parts and spares to repair things. Very over crowded work space making for dangerous conditions to work in.7 day work weeks are quite common.
Pros
Nice benefit package
Cons
Lack of parts and equipment to do the job efficiently

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Magna International Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss