Magna International Inc Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Alto, MIDecember 3, 2018
Very fun place to work also lots of hours. You learn how to build mirrors of many different vehicle. There are very friendly people at Magana Mirror. very easy job to learn. I will recommend anyone to work at this place.
Pros
Free hot beverages
Cons
short paid breaks
Good benefits and pay the people and management suck
Foam (Former Employee) –  Excelsior Springs, MODecember 1, 2018
I worked for magna for almost 3 month's and the supervisor made employees walk on eggshells and always looked for reasons to fire people they say they have a open door policy and when people exercised their right to do so afterwards I witnessed people get fired. Unless you're from the that area or the country they don't like you and try to get rid of you if you're black or from the city they dont wamt you there.
Pros
Pay & benefits
Cons
Management, some people
Good place to work.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHNovember 30, 2018
Clean and pay is good and people you work with are great!Company has a couple of dinner thru the year and just a nice company to work for and you don't mine going to work every day.
Pros
Clean, Money
Cons
Sometime u have to work over but dont know till the end of shift
Buen ambiente laboral
Ayudante General (Current Employee) –  Mexico, MONovember 27, 2018
El personal capacitado, buenas opciones de desarrollo , exelente ayuda a los trabajadores
Cons
Las postulaciones se saturan
Fast paste work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 20, 2018
All around good work , very strict, fast paste good hour and money , workers are fun to work with I would recommend going here for a long time as a career
Cons
Short breaks
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Holland, MINovember 20, 2018
Magna inc is a good place to work with friendly Superviser, friendly workers fast paced but easy steps and more good benefit such as pay vacation, health care, 401k and many more good opportunity for a better future
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Loud work area
Poor
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MINovember 20, 2018
The management there is bad. They only care about there self's. Management is very bad and need to get reviewed on the Chrysler side of the plant and I hope they do soon!
Fun place to work
Lineman (Former Employee) –  KentuckyNovember 19, 2018
I was a temp through quality personnel and never pointed out at all showed up to work every morning then today I worked then got home quality personnel called my phone tells me they don’t need me cause I have a misteamenor on my record and I plain asked them when they got me the job if they hired they said yes as long as I had no felonies which I don’t
Pros
Good ppl
Cons
Friendly ppl
Don't waste your time
Controls Technician (Current Employee) –  Holland, MINovember 19, 2018
Lied to about the position to get me in the door. Lied to about working under Maintenance/Engineering. No advancement opportunities. Management constantly sets people up to fail, then blames operators for the plant being "the laughing stock of Magna". Work 12 days on, then 2 off if no one calls in or has vacation.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything but the pay
Tense work environment that involved no training
ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 19, 2018
The job was involved with no training. I was thrown into the position with no experience and expected to be able to handle issues that arose. GM was main client which was very fun and interesting.
great work place for advancment
Production Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Warren, MINovember 16, 2018
i would recommend magna to anyone looking for general labor or without a degree for example i have a high school diploma i started as a operator at about 35,000 a year 3 years i am a team leader and making 55-60,000
Pros
easy physical work, laid back
Cons
long shifts
Nice clean work environment
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Lordstown, OHNovember 13, 2018
Magna is a clean work environment and the team members are generally fun to work with. Management is fair and the jobs are not performed at break neck pace. Hardest part of the job is getting your hands used to repetitive motions.
Great learning experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 10, 2018
As an intern, I was given great work experience. I was given meaningful tasks rather than "busy work". Always had opportunities to learn and get additional training.
Overall great company
Senior Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 10, 2018
Fast pace and exciting projects. Great team and management. Lacking in advancement in Marketing. Always opportunities for advanced training and education opportunities.
Magna is a great company
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Holly, MINovember 9, 2018
Magna is a great company amazing workers, driven by there mission
they give the employees room to grow and also encourage new ideals that may and could be used in the future
Bad boss
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYNovember 8, 2018
The bosses pick sides and let you be ran over I need Over time and they ain’t giving it so gotta get a new job working 78+ hours a week if HR would address situations better or would be a good place to work
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Management, bosses, Hr
Negative work environment
Operator (Current Employee) –  Grand Haven, MINovember 8, 2018
I have been with magna for a total of three years and have watched this place go down hill at full speed. They are not good to their works at all! Don’t listen to employees opinions or suggestions. Have been on overtime 6 days a week since Jan 2018, and 7 days a week since July 2018. You come to work and no matter how hard you work it’s still not enough. They pay could be more for the fast past work you do. The place is clean and the supervisors are good people. The upper management treats employees poorly. The hr people do not need to deal with people at all in any form! They have no people skills and don’t know how to talk to people or solve problems for them!
Cons
Pay could be better, and management could be replaced
Great Workplace
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 7, 2018
Working over 4 years in the exterior group. A great place to advance career and learn industry standard practice. Benefit and compensation could be improved.
Pros
Helpful boss, Great culture
Cons
Salary could be improved
If there was a 0 id give it that
Tool Crib Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHNovember 4, 2018
Be prepaired to give all your time to this dump Vehtek to mismanaged idiots that dont know their a** from a hole in the ground. Hr is the worst possible. Rude pigs. And dept mgt is lazy and hate their employees. Their EOS scores suck beyond any other magna facility yet coorporte keeps this dump afloat.
Get ready to not be cared about and be just a number to a bunch of dumb mgrs that have no idea what they are doing.
This place is trash and they fire on the spot they dont give you chance to improve.
Run the other way, a dirty filthy dump of a factory that wastes money daily.
Pros
The pay thats it, and its not worth the stuff you have to deal with.
Cons
Everything, no life, homosexual mgrs that are flamboyant and gross at work.
Could be better
Lead inspector (Current Employee) –  Piedmont, SCNovember 4, 2018
Exactly what I said before. Things could be better but unfortunately it's not but it will not change. I have spent quite some time here trying to understand a lot of things but I haven't been able to come up with an answer as to why it is like this.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Magna International Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Magna International Inc.