Magna International Inc Employee Reviews

Found 778 reviews matching the search See all 1,348 reviews
Productive workplace
Team Lead, Paint Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 20, 2018
DexSys is a great place to work overall. They tend to weed out the lazy individuals with the work schedule, which helps one get a promotion. At times the management team will type cast so you will only be advanced so far. They have good benefits and wages, but family life can cause some issues when you do not want to work 7 days a week
Pros
Yield bonus, profit sharing, catered lunches frequently
Cons
A lot of time at work, no room for advancement in my role, lack of support from management
Management greatest asset
Contract Engineer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJuly 20, 2018
The overall Program manager for the work cell that I was in created an absolute delight of a work environment. The shifts were a little wonky and took sometime to get used to but other than that this was a great place to work for as a contractor and an engineer.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Shift hours weren't awesome
Nice comfortable place to work as long as you do what you need to do .
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNJuly 20, 2018
I wouldn’t want to work anywhere else but magna great place ! If you learn what you need to know the job isn’t hard or stressful after . The breaks are acceptable, making the seats are fun as well .
Fast paces
ForkLift Operator (Former Employee) –  Belvidere, ILJuly 20, 2018
Get to work and get right to working management really wasnt around much. Workers from different shifts were constently bumping heads cause everyone did their own type of work or felt it wasn't their job to do.
Really bad management
Zone leader (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 19, 2018
Just didn't like it there management was very poor and they just care about their employees at all. We worked a lot and didn't get any acknowledgement for ir
Not a place to stay for extended period of time
Materials Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Township of Shelby, MIJuly 19, 2018
Much of the culture was to get your resume updated and step on whomever you needed to in order to advance. Decisions were made rapidly and with career advancement in mind. Dog eat dog world would be the best description.
Hot!!! No time off.
Team lead (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 19, 2018
Its hot in the summer. Over 100 regularly. Air quality is bad. Looks like your working in fog at times. HR is completely incompintant. Work is decent and the pay is good.
Awesome company to work for
SMT OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Holly, MIJuly 17, 2018
I have worked for the Electornics branch for the past three years and it has been nothig but awesome. The job can get frustrating sometimes but you can’t beat the benefits for the work you do.
Pros
Free holiday meals
Fast pace work environment.
Operator B Specialist (Former Employee) –  Holly, MIJuly 14, 2018
Great place to work. Nice and clean place to work. I was in a very bad car accident and I lost my job of 5 years. I learned a lot at magna and studied at ITT
The working environment is not steady.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNJuly 13, 2018
The majority of the people are great to work with but the environment changes on a daily basis. Management is okay but also changes daily. They do provide good benefits.
Good sensitive activities and teamwork
Logistics Magna (Former Employee) –  Liberty MissouriJuly 13, 2018
I love the way they rotate their stations so things don't get repetitive nice easy Pace work environment a good job for single mom for the advancement in financial
Pros
Can health benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Great open door policy from all supervisory associates
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYJuly 12, 2018
Magna is a wonderful place to work. Full of people who keep morale up. I work at the LAP plant where the seats are built and I learned so much from there. I also moved up quickly and have been employed with them for 3+ years.
Pros
Great environment, music over loud speakers, constantly working
Cons
Hot environment, long hours on your feet
Shift leadership lacking
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 11, 2018
Good company to work for. Advancing to a 1st shift position very competitive. Limitied education benefits. Hours are unpredictable but manageable. High turn over rate in skilled trades department.
good environment
Team Lead/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 11, 2018
place is always hiring and has good people. I was not there very long to develop a good understanding of operations, but they seemed engaged and were happy to be there
Pros
food
Cons
treated temps poorly
I love the benefits
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Piedmont, SCJuly 10, 2018
I like magna far as the company. Great insurance ,great hours, and, great people i just dislike the company i came in with they don't pay magna money but that's totally my fault but i like the job.
Pros
benefits and ot
Cons
the long walk into the plant
A typical factory floor job, but stressful
Operator (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 9, 2018
The typical work day was stressful when you arrived, the quotas were not unreasonable but the machinery would often malfunction and require down time with the technicians. The management on the floor were usually good people, but they were under a lot of pressure from the corporate side of things. The hardest part of the job was meeting quotas. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I got transferred to camera testing and could mostly work on my own with a machine that rarely did not work.
Management needs improvement but coworkers are awesome
Line Operator/ Conveyance (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCJuly 9, 2018
When coming to work, I work on the line. Management was often unclear of directions and expectations. Sometimes they would say one thing and mean another. Hours often varied based off your production line and if someone was running behind everyone worked extra hours. Management did not ensure workers met their quotas on second shift but first shift was held to a higher standard. From this job, I enjoyed meeting some of my coworkers who have become really close friends.
Small company atmosphere
Cad fea engineer (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 3, 2018
A nice atmosphere with a conscientious hard working people. The work was a bit repetitious at times but my boss was great to work for and kept it fun. Some very talented people but high pressure supplier mode caused me to burn out at times. I would definitely go back there again.
Pros
Good location, nice facility
Cons
High pressure, deadlines, no std work models.
What I do?
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJune 26, 2018
- Inspect
I have work experience from there, this was my first job in my whole life. I didn't actually enjoy working there, but I don't hate it either.
Alot of work and a lack of respect for employees
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Wixom, MIJune 26, 2018
over worked, 20 minute lunch break, lacks professionalism, team leads can pretty much say what they what and practically flat out lie with no consequences. extreme heat in the summer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Magna International Inc. Our community is ready to answer.