Magna International Inc Employee Reviews

poor management
PROCESS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYOctober 20, 2018
i'll never work for them again because of how poorly they treat the employees in the foam side of the plant. very poor management. employees betweeen the three sides of the plant are treated very differently.
Review
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIOctober 17, 2018
This was a great place to work with friendly people and nice holidays and weekend off. No pressure or stress working there. This place is located in Michigan.
It was fine
Assembly line operator (Former Employee) –  Alto, MIOctober 17, 2018
I can't imagine working there for 20+ years, but it was a fine place to pay off my student loans.

Management was a disaster while I was there, replaced every month or so.
Pros
Lots of opportunity for overtime
Cons
Short breaks
Prepare to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Holly, MIOctober 17, 2018
Most of my time here was as a temp so I'm not too keen on the benefits. I worked seven days a week three weeks out of the month. We were understaffed so overtime was mandatory. The individuals I worked with were awesome though.
Good pay
Shipping (Former Employee) –  Alto, MIOctober 14, 2018
Good, competitive pay. I have a lot of friends that still work there. Fair company to work for. Not much favoritism. Clean, and good benefits. The training they give you is good.
Disappointed
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIOctober 12, 2018
I was disappointed in the way management treated people. They dont pay nearly as much as the surrounding work places in there area. Always mandating over time. And not making sure they had the right workers for the job. Worked there for about 5 years and just seen it fo down hill further and further.
Workplace Culture
Corporate Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 11, 2018
At Magna the morals of the company are amazing. The company is truly a family everyone is extremely helpful and always focused on the companies overall goal. I am honored to be able to have worked with this company and would encourage anyone to apply to be employed with them.
Pros
Free lunches, company events.
Could be so much better...
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Newaygo, MIOctober 10, 2018
After having worked at several different facilities, I have learned that while the benefits are excellent and the pay is good, the environment is extremely toxic. Management is very aggressive and unforgiving and the culture is less than inviting. High turnover in both hourly and office personnel due to unreasonable expectations and unrealistic goals.
Pros
Good pay, excellent benefits, long term and stable
Cons
Aggressive management is disconnected from the floor, stressful, unreasonable hours
a good place to learn new aspects of glass mirror manufacturing
Manufacturing Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIOctober 8, 2018
wouldnt go back again due to continued temp posistion after 9 months of employment. promises made and not kept. enjoyed the job and all the tech engineers.
Pros
temp service
Cons
temp service
Positive at times work environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Holly, MIOctober 4, 2018
It was a great place to work that was close to home and the pay was great. But some higher ups are cruel to the workers and they tend to harass. The hardest part of the job was coming working at your best and still get harassed. The most enjoyable times were the people I met while working there.
See the movie horrible bosses.....just pick one
Director (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 3, 2018
Arrogant and self promoting leader in the Powertrain division. Smart person, but horrible people skills. Leads with fear, negativity and old school tactics.
Pros
Cons
President of PowerTrain, toxic culture
A great automotive supplier
Change Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 3, 2018
I had the opportunity to work within Magna for about 4 straight summers and had a great experience every time. Magna is a top tier automotive supplier who has an amazing work environment at ever facility.
Good job to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIOctober 2, 2018
I like the job very easy just have to move at a fast steady pace. Light work no heavey lifting great people to work around all team players i will recommend magna job to anyone if you are drug free
Long hours and very fast paced
Production/Operator (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 2, 2018
Magna was a good place to work especially if your mechanically inclined I had a great time working for Magna until my temp position was terminated but you learn to use a whole bunch of different work stations using different power tools for each position
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Piedmont, SCOctober 1, 2018
Great Job and great pay just be prepared to work 19 days straight just to get 2 days off but other than that it’s a fast paced job makes the time go past fast
Intern
Purchasing and Supply Chain Intern (Former Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 30, 2018
Had a great time interning here. I had the ability to network and work with multiple different employees in all different fields. Multiple diffrent projects to keep me busy.
Worked hard but a productive workflow; good benefits
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCSeptember 28, 2018
Productive day. Give the people what they want. Management listen to you. Diversity was very important. Withstanding the heat was hard. 90 day raises were great.
Pros
frequent raises; food/fun days
Cons
7 day workdays
Gym and company events
PROJECT LEAD/SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 28, 2018
Able to support management and pay employees correctly. Able to support staff without micro management. Great work culture. Great people to work with.
Pros
Able to not take job home.
Cons
Job relocated to Mexico
Stressful, high anxiety
Level 2 Technician (Former Employee) –  Temple, GASeptember 25, 2018
Lack of communication getting equipment and material needed to complete the necessary job task. Work environment highly stressful. Would not recoomend this company
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Just pass
Associate (Former Employee) –  Belvidere, ILSeptember 24, 2018
While it may seem that Magna is a good company by the truth is unless you are a complete suck up or are related to a manager tot will go nowhere in the company. They have policies against family working for family but it is not followed. Their open door process is a joke. The turnover is so high.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Long hours, micromanagement, hostile work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Magna International Inc. Our community is ready to answer.