Magnolia House Employee Reviews

It was a challenging job that taught me patience and responsibility.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Tellico Plains, TNApril 5, 2019
A typical day at this job would be me going in and starting off checking on the patients. I, then would help whoever needed help bathing. After this I would cook their meal. I, then would put new sheets on the patients' beds. After this I would feed them snacks and turn a show or movie on for them to enjoy.
Pros
Interaction, gaining positive skills, met new people with special disabilities and how to care for them
Cons
Very disorganized, no healthcare benefits, underpaid
Very Enjoyable Workplace
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, ALFebruary 26, 2019
During my time at the Magnolia House, I learned how to professionally communicate one on one with patients, their visitors, and the other nurses, also in larger groups. Also management at this facility is phenomenal and always being attentive listeners to their employees.
Pros
Friendly Staff & Flexible Hours
Cons
No Benefits
Slow paced laid back
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, ALJanuary 17, 2019
No benfits were offered. No healthcare. No vaction time .no one ever showed up on time. Very laid Back work place but fell in love with the elderly and the staff.worked with great people. I loved all the clients!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No healthcare
It is a place to give back to the community
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 4, 2018
I enjoyed helping the program participants with various tasks. I also assisted some member to count and write their names. I assisted in the revision of the Handbook..
Pros
working with the needy and with people that have mental challenges.
Cons
Excellent customer service, professional services message, facials, waxing and Salon services.
Salon Manager (Current Employee) –  Mayfield, KYAugust 27, 2018
I consider Magnolia house a very professional work environment, services offered are top of the line. The staff show all clients upmost respect you are treated love and respect.
fun place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCJune 19, 2018
Its is a good place to get experience but no benefits or promotions.Its 12 hours a day so it is rather long. I get along with everyone. i am glad i got experience from there.
Same
Residential Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 6, 2018
Started out as a R/A started from the bottom and worked so hard and was recognized for my hard work and promoted within the hardest part of the job not able to help everyone that come to the facility and have to send to another location but never let them go hungry or not have a bed. We made sure we found them somewhere to sleep.
Great Company
Cashier/Sales & Home Interior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2017
wonderful company that always seeks to serve its customers. I learned a lot from this job including how to work with customers and communication skills
Great atmosphere and Good People
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Quincy, FLMay 22, 2017
The assisted living facility was well maintained and management couldn't have been any better. The hours were good and the work was enjoyable. I had outstanding bosses. An average day was showing up and doing what ever maintenance was needed. It was a laid back environment as long as I stayed on top of what needed to get done.
Great Management
Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  Missouri City, TXMarch 13, 2017
Flexible schedule great for part time. Pay not great, but fantastic owner to work for. Fun place if you're creative. Would recommend for a mom or student.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
low pay
Noooo Don't do it to yourself!!!! RUN
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCMarch 30, 2016
There is so much drama about who likes who at this work place. And the owner (New Management) is a Real B*TCH. She does not know how to talk to any one. And advancement is a real joke. Your lucky to get your full check. And the residents are poorly taken care of. Its so sad. I wouldn't even put my dog in this place. Its so disgusting.

And the pay sucks. No one should work here. It needs to be shut down immediately. There is so much going on wrong there. It cant be right.
Loved my clients
Limited Service Worker/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GADecember 3, 2015
Love the job and the work I did but wasn't a fan of management. had a baby so had to lay off and they refused to give me the time I needed to be with my sick baby that was life lighted and put on life support.
Pros
cmy clients
Cons
productive and busy work day.
Office and Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Missouri City, TXDecember 30, 2013
Great place to work , Family like atmosphere.

A typical day for me included answering phones , placing and receiving orders. Keeping the books in order , satisfying customer needs , data entry and day to day running of the business.
Pros
friendly staff, family atmosphere
Cons
no room for advancement in company.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Natchez, MSOctober 25, 2013
From the time I clock in at work which is 7a.m. I was busy with my residents. I have learned so much working for the Magnolia House as far as patience, better understanding in taking care of the elderly. Management was okay my co-workers was easy to get along with we worked as a team. The hardest part of job was having one of your residents to die because you get so attached to them. I really enjoyed taking care of the residents and visiting with them when time allowed me to.
Pros
Getting to know the residents and family members as well as working with co-workers.
Cons
The pay.