MAGNOLIA REGIONAL HEALTH CENTER Employee Reviews

Fast paced competitive
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Corinth, MSAugust 9, 2018
Very competitive yet not rewarding. Nothing is explained in due time until you break the rule. Benefits take to long to receive. Takes a long time to up pay.
productive
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Corinth, MSAugust 2, 2018
Cares for their patients and families. Very patient oriented. Many places for job advancement. Prefers to hire from within the company. Love working here.
Underpaid & Overworked
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Corinth, MSJuly 25, 2018
Management is poor. Good work enviroment. Pay is extremely low. Raises are minimal. Learned a lot. At time pay for my job was extremely low (too low to feed a family) 1 year working in job title without management scheduling certification test for a $3 per hour raise.Job was hard but fullfilling and great group to work with. However the pay was main reason I decided to relocate.
Pros
Fullfilling & Insurance
Cons
Pay
MEDICAL SUMMER INTERN (Former Employee) –  Corinth, MSJuly 23, 2018
Wonderful experience! Would suggest anyone in the medical profession to look into this work place. Good people are hard to find nowadays and more than half are here.
Poor management
Ancillary services (Former Employee) –  Corinth, MSJuly 13, 2018
Mangement as a whole do not listen to their team in the trenches of what would help workflow, moral and taking better care of patients.
In my department there was not a work/life balance. Coworkers and supervisor expected you to come to work no matter what. Illness or a need off for life/kid matters were frowned on from those that did not have small children or spouses. Complete workaholics expected everyone else to be also. And if u question the scrutiny u r labeled nonloyal and therefore expendable and your treatment gets WORSE
Pros
Good benefits
Very friendly but low pay
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Corinth, MSJune 24, 2018
Everyone is friendly and helpful, hard to change positions unless you know someone, low pay rate but much better staffing compared to other places. No self scheduling and mandatory OT when units are short. Try and offer multiple free lunches and events during the year to make work enjoyable.
its a hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Corinth, MississippiJune 6, 2018
I have worked at Magnolia Regional Health Center for eight years. It's a two hundred bed hospital in rural northeast Mississippi. It is a good steady place for employment, but there is not much room for growth.
Stuck, no room for growth
Security Manager (Current Employee) –  Corinth, MSJune 3, 2018
Loved working here however, this is not the place for professional growth. If your comfortable being stagnant, then welcome home. The upper managment (Not C Suite) lacks vision and is stuck in the "This is how we have always done it" mentality.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No room for growth
Patient Access/Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Corinth, MSMay 24, 2018
I work as a PRN registration counselor. I really enjoy my job. My coworker are really good to work with and offer help when needed. My supervisors are very nice and professional.
Pros
great management and atmosphere, fair pay
Cons
working prn i dont get enough hours
good place to work if youre looking to start somewhere and move forward
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Corinth, MSMay 3, 2018
typical work day is super busy. we work 12 and a half hour shifts with a 30 min lunch and 2 15 min breaks. the rest of the time we are running around constantly resticking patients
Pros
great boss
Cons
never enough supplies
Broken promises
LPN (Former Employee) –  Corinth, MSApril 25, 2018
Loved the work and coworkers. Supervisor that hired me did not keep promises made upon hiring. Commute became unsafe. Fast paced environment with frequent floating to other units.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
Restrictive healthcare providers under their health insurance
Good for new grads
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Corinth, MSApril 17, 2018
Good place for new grads but not so good to experienced personnel. Good at beginning of hire, but not loyal to staff. Doctors are courteous and respectful. Healthcare provided is top notch.
cut throat
RN (Former Employee) –  Corinth, MSMarch 13, 2018
if you weren't part of a clique then you did the majority of the work
dayshift was worse as the night shift kind of stuck together
work dys would stretch way beyond the 12 hr shift & hard to get relieved to leave
fast paced
NURSE AID (Current Employee) –  Corinth, MississippiMarch 8, 2018
Loved working there. great family like atmosphere. Very good benefits with dental, health and vision. Not paid enough and no room for advancement. worked long lours and holidays
Magnolia is a good stepping stone.
RN (Current Employee) –  Corinth, MSFebruary 17, 2018
If you are a new graduate and looking to gain experience, this is a good place to work. This is not a good place for long term employment. They pay lower than any other hospital and they dont care about their employees. Its close to a nursing college so dedicated employees are not compensated. They have too many made up jobs for office people and suit and tie employees and the actual laborers are treated poorly. Your opinions do not matter and your voice is never heard. There are too many chiefs in charge. They have big hospital mentality, but refuse to give big hospital pay. Most people stay because it is close to home. Its a good place to work when u first start your career to gain experience, but if u want to feel unappreciated, at least make some money while you are doing it. Go somewhere else.
cna
CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Corinth, MSJanuary 23, 2018
this place is the worst to work for. Not only do they not pay you enough but they basically force you to come to work through intimidation and threats of termination and write ups
Pros
there are non
Cons
not enough pay
Evs
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Corinth, MSJanuary 18, 2018
I really enjoyed my job when I was there. I
Enjoyed being around the people I worked with. My boss was really nice. They would help in any way they could.
Normal Hospital Politics
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Corinth, MSSeptember 18, 2017
Only hospital in town. Hard to advance unless you are in with the right group. Less than stellar leadership because the do not chose the best for the job but the person that is most well liked. The hospital has several hard working people at the Mag but they get caught up in the shuffle of politics and have to play the game.
Pros
Pay is good for the area
Cons
hospital politics
Good people, low pay
LPN (Former Employee) –  Corinth, MSAugust 28, 2017
Great place to work where you get to have co workers who are like family, however the hours are long and the pay leaves a lot to be desired. Easy to pay peanuts when your one of the only hospitals in the area.
My Working Team
Medical Clerk (Former Employee) –  Booneville, MSAugust 16, 2017
I work with some of the best nurses ever. The nurses I assist on a daily bases treated each patient with love and care. The hardest part about the job was losing a patient.