Magnolia River Employee Reviews

Out of touch with Field Inspectors
Used (Former Employee) –  LouisianaJuly 17, 2018
If you enjoy NEPOTISM ~ This is your company.
Friends and family promoted to PM positions simply because experienced inspectors will not take the role because of the low pay. Unfortunately the assigned PM’s do not have a clue in Management! Head offices are totally disconnected from field operations! An unqualified PM can tarnish the career simply because of a personal dislike for someone.
Company does not allow a person to better themselves through advanced training.
Locations and assignments WILL be promised but they will not deliver.
Office personnel meant to be resource assets are rude arrogant and unqualified in understanding field issues and concerns.
Would not recommend this company for many reasons!
Low Pay!
Poor Training of their own policies as well as client needs and procedures!
Unqualified Field Leadership!
And basically rolling the dice if you will fit into the click!
If you don’t HR will assist the PM’s in tarnishing your record!
They will make up rules to benefit the unqualified PM’s to save face for the company!
If the CEO honestly believed his own philosophy.... this would not continue.
Terrible company that will find out DOT Regulations are a requirement NOT a suggestion.
1 Inspector cannot Inspect two/three locations at the same time. Pencil whipping WILL catch up.
Pros
Drink the koolaide and you will be fine!
Cons
Poor leadership in the field, No Support from assigned resources, Company will blackball an individual solely on unqualified leaderships personal “Feelings”, Company pays a fraction (low) of what a client is charged to Inspectors
Awesome culture with a vision for the future
Geospatial (Current Employee) –  Hartselle, ALJune 22, 2018
The culture is the what sets Magnolia apart for anywhere else I have worked. They are goal oriented while still focusing on work life balance. Everyone smiles no matter the situation. Not because they have to, but because they realize that no matter the situation we are people.
Pros
Always different challenges, culture
Cons
Growing at a fast pace. So are always in a state of adapting. ( Not a bad problem to have)
Truly a company that cares about YOU
Acquisition (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALSeptember 6, 2017
Amazing culture! The owner and management team truly care about everyone as individuals. Work / life balance is better than I have seen elsewhere. The growth is providing many internal growth opportunities. Direct access to leadership team to discuss your ideas and career path. Benefits are outstanding - low cost - low deductibles!
Pros
Benefits - Work/Life Balance
Cons
Support functions not as involved with leadership as should be.
Fast Growth, Lots of Potential
Manager (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALSeptember 4, 2017
Magnolia River has been on a fast growth path for the last few years. Lots of growing pains but overall a great place to work. The culture is strong and promoted heavily. So are the core values. Lots of opportunity for personal and career growth if you're willing to be proactive and make others aware of your goals.
Pros
Lots of opportunities for personal growth, great benefits
Cons
Communication could improve; lack of diversity at the top.
Great experience that i did not deserve
Pipeline Inspector (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALJuly 10, 2017
The day began with all smiles. We started with a safety meeting over coffee or breakfast. We would walk out the job and discuss the goals for the day. The crew did everything to the best of their abilities up to about lunch. We would all go eat together. After lunch, we would wrap up what ever we were doing, clean up the area and go home.
Pros
lunch eveeryday, weekends off, holidays off
Cons
got rained out often
Professional, but personally care about personnel
Receptionist/Admin Assist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, AlApril 23, 2017
As a Receptionist at Magnolia, I answered the phone, ordered office and cleaning supplies and snacks. Hard work has been part of my ethics, but the hardest part was answering the phone. The phone system had problems.
The owners were fantastic people. We had office and community parties. They were so easy to work with. That was the best part of the job, meeting and helping people.
Pros
Insurance, personnel/friends
Cons
Some management
Love this place!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALOctober 17, 2016
Best company within the Norhtern Alabama region to work for. Leadership supports you 100% and you have room to grow.

Typical day includes working in a close knit enviornment with other passionate proffesionals who value the common goal.
Good work atmoshphere, horrible communication throughout the company.
GIS Technician (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALJuly 22, 2016
I worked at Magnolia River. The atmosphere was really good and productive. They have many fun company events and it was truly a team atmosphere.

The problem is that there was very little communication between management, and the employees. It was a giant guessing game as to whether you were doing things right and they were happy with your work. It seemed that the further levels up that management was removed from the employees, the worse the communication was.

I am torn between whether I would recommend this as a potential employer because the co-workers were great, and it truly was team atmosphere, but the lack of communication was horrible and always left more questions than answers with management.
Pros
Good team environment
Lots of internal conflict and small business politics.
Senior GIS Technician (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALMay 2, 2016
I worked here for years, and during that time I was able to witness the company quadruple in size. The problem is; that we grew so fast that the company I started with had a family atmosphere, and by the end I was just a number on payroll. I liked my co-workers very much, but management was a revolving door of, who was our department head. Every few months the structure changed and we reported to someone else. It made doing my job very difficult due to each new leader imposing new policies and procedures. Due to the small size of the company I had to fill hybrid rolls, that ate up much of my time. I was salary for my first 3 years and worked an average of about 48 hrs per week, but with travel and work a good deal of my 3rd year I worked over 50 hrs per week. Work life balance is only encouraged if there isn't work to be done.
Pros
good department co-workers
Cons
Low pay, bad management, and internal turmoil
Gas line inspection
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Hartselle, ALJune 4, 2014
Managed multiple jobs for gas line replacement. Safety, detailed mapping and BMP.
Productive environment
Map Finishing/Imagery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 29, 2013
Quality employees producing good products. Leaders in the gas pipeline industry.
Pros
relaxed family oriented environment
Cons
when work slowed down lower paid workers were laid off but high paid managers were keept
Great place to work & yes they have a ping pong table
Controller/Contracts Officer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 28, 2013
Great place to work. Magnolia purchased us a little over a year ago. Sales on the Geospatial side are lacking but the Service side is booming.
Pros
excellent benefits for a small company
Cons
geospatial sales are a drain on services

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Magnolia River. Our community is ready to answer.

Magnolia River Reviews by Location