Magnum Companies Employee Reviews

Coon Rapids LTD Customer Service Specialist - not a good experience
LTD Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNFebruary 13, 2019
I ended up walking out not even 2 month in.

On my first day, I was presented with a Saturday work schedule even though I was told, and my job description stated it was a Monday - Friday position. Needless to say that was not a pleasant surprise.

ALL 3 health insurance options offered are high deductible plans, so that’s also not desirable.

The “training” started off really great, but then quickly fell off.
Coworker who was tasked with my training was more interested in gossiping about employees in Fargo and drivers, and constantly talking about her divorce and kids to anyone or anything that would listen.
Would have conversations/arguments with her kids on speakerphone so the entire office could hear.

This same coworker received numerous complaints about constantly taking calls on speakerphone, and seemed to think it was funny. Continued to take all calls on speakerphone out of spite.

This was the only coworker from my team in the Coon Rapids terminal, everyone else on our team was in Fargo. So the fact that I couldn’t get quality training to do my job, and had no one else to ask, was very difficult.

The same coworker mentioned above and in charge of my training also had a serious attendance problem. Co worker would come in 10-20 minuets late everyday. Then, as soon as I got the bare basics of my job down, the coworker started coming in 2,3 hours late at least once a week, and was absent at least once a week.

This put considerable stress on me as a new employee with limited training and without anyone in the office to ask when questions came about.
  more...
I spoke to HR about the attendance issues and they said it had been a continuous problem that many had complained about that management seemed to continuously ignore despite the companies attendance policy.

The day I left, my coworker had been gone one day that week, and was 2-4 hours late (3) other times that week. I have never seen this kind of behavior tolerated in my life.

Not sure if just LTD is a mess, or if this lack of management and structure is how the entire company operates. Based on my experience here, I would run away from this company quickly!
Pros
Motorized standing desks
Cons
High deductible health plans, lacking strong management
Great people and my manager was an awesome manager
P@D Driver (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDOctober 14, 2018
My experience with magnum was as good as could be expected, my co workers were great and the whole environment was very satisfying. From management to office personal my experience was awesome.
They always treated me like a family member and they were always ready to help all their employees/Drivers.
From start to finish my time there was memorable and would recommend the company to everyone or anyone that appreciates being treated like a family member rather than just a number.
Pros
A very laid back environment
Good job , lots of hours
YARD DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNOctober 11, 2018
lots of hours , some of the coworker are cool , other are not, overall good job , plenty of work to do, overnight shifts are inconsistent, sometimes its busy other days you sit.
Pros
hours
Cons
co workers
Very unprofessional work atmosphere
Office (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDSeptember 20, 2018
After having worked in a variety of office settings, the lack of professionalism in the office is evident. Belittling an employee when they make a mistake, is horrible. Regardless of the intent of the statement addressing any short coming should be done behind closed doors, not in front of co-workers. Expecting someone to understand the full job in a few short weeks needs to be addressed. Training should include more than click here click there copy this copy that. Explaining the job fully would be a novel idea. The atmosphere in general may seem laid back, but that is very deceiving. Immature leadership and very arrogant attitude.
Pros
Cons
Unhealthy work atmosphere
If you are a driver with Magnum then you have no home life M-F
P&D Driver (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNJune 19, 2018
This Place takes on work that it has no business taking on. If you always wanted to do UPS's job but not work for them then this is the job for you. If you like using equipment that is beat up and a minute away from busted then this job is for you. If you like to be talked about rudely the second you get off the phone then this is for you. you want hours 12 hours or more (or however long they can possibly/legally keep you on the road per day) then this is for you. Do you like the feeling when you get your assigned daily work finished early? Well then prepare to get that feeling urinated on because nobody said you can get done early they will always find a way to stretch your day out for you. Welcome to magnumb. We're happy to have your soul.
Plays Favorites, and Roosters Run the House
Dispatch Manager (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNMarch 17, 2018
I liked the North Dakota crew, but the Coon Rapids location is horrible they let the roosters run wild, do what they want. And is one particular employee ( I will not name but is a Assistant not a Manager) doesn't like you, you are gone. management in both locations plays favorites!
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
bad atmosphere
Ok, just ok
LINEHAUL DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Upper midwestDecember 11, 2017
Not a horrible job. Pay is low compared to many LTL companies but better than many other local options. Management left me alone to do my job which was nice.
So so if u are on the brownie list
LTL Driver (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNOctober 30, 2017
Hard to make any money at 45 or less hours a week. Some weeks are great but it's the 32 hour weeks that shoot things to h#//! Not very organized but what LTL company is?
driver focused
Dispatch Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNMay 13, 2017
Management focuses on one set of employees, but not so much on other departments that are very important. Will do anything to keep a driver, but fails to focus on office staff. They let certain employees get as much OT as they are willing to work, but then demand answers why others have OT. They do not seem to care on equal opportunity and just care if you show up to work and not what your actual skillset is worth.
Great place to work.
Terminal Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDMay 24, 2016
I took customer calls to schedule pickups,and was close with the Drivers and Freight Handlers. I attended an OSHA class while I was there to ensure our terminal stayed up to code. I started out as a Driver and was promoted to Terminal Coordinator.
Pros
Mon. thru Fri. work schedule
Cons
Wasn't any
A good place to work in the transportation industry.
Driver, Dispatch, shipping and recieving (Former Employee) –  Willmar, mnFebruary 5, 2015
I had many duties while at Magnum.
P & D driver with multiple stops during the day for pickup and delivery as directed by dispatch.
Dock supervisor for both inbound and outbound loads. Unload and document accurately freight recieved. Route loads for efficient delivery. Generate manifests for loads.
Dispatch trucks for pickup and delivery routes.
Help in office as needed.
Customer service, helping customers getting thier freight to correct destination.
Pros
Home every night.
Very inconsistant hours,shifts,and pay
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 9, 2014
Management is all educated idiots that now nothen about trucking they just worry about bottom dollar
Pros
Nothen
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Magnum Companies. Our community is ready to answer.