MailChimp

Working at MailChimp: 15 Reviews

United States15 reviews

Excellent place to work at

The working culture is fantastic here. Complete support from the leadership team. Fun activities conducted and good place to learn stuffs from other teams.

Mailchimp has been in disarray since the acquisition by Intuit.

intuit bungled their acquisition of m”Mailchimp, which has led to droves of workers leaving. The work is directionless, morale is as an all time low, and management is clueless how to fix any of it.

Pros

Work life balance is ok

Cons

Terrible management, low morale, so many people have left that many teams are completely unstaffed

MailChimp insights

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Don’t bother if you’re wanting a promotion

Specifically. If you’re planning on joining in support, there will be little to no option for advancement outside of support. There used to be but those days are long gone

No longer a start-up

The MailChimp of yore is no more. This isn't necessarily bad unless you are someone who thrives in a start-up but despises beurocracy. Overall though a great place to work and grow.

Creative space for high achieving tech people

I participated in at 12 week intensive full time internship. I was responsible for completing same tasks as a regular employee. The program was really fun, we attended professional development and branding classes. I would recommend anyone, the pay is very high for an internship.

Great company to work for

This is an excellent company and they reward their employees . If it was immediate manager is authorized to give performance bonuses overall one of the best places I've ever worked.

It’s becoming a big company but it’s still private, so the culture is as good as it gets at 1,000+ employees if you ask me. Managers are still adapting to the growth I think, but everyone has to. Great place to work.

Enjoyed working at Mailchimp

Enjoyed working at Mailchimp. Free snacks and lots of entertainment; room for advancement; quick paced; lots of support; open office; growth and development encouraged; Speak up as needed. You must always think of the customer first.

Pros

Free food and drinks; Fun culture; Open

Collaborative and open workplace

Working at Mailchimp is a great experience where my day to day jobs and responsibilities wholly reflected my skills that I brought into the job. Managers are open to letting you own your work and not micromanaging. At some level, there is a lack of transparency and communication but if you are direct with your superiors in your questions, you will usually get the information you are looking for.

Pros

collaborative environment, no dress code

Cons

Good place to work, as long as you're not in support.

Overall MailChimp is a fantastic company and I'd recommend working there for anyone as long as you're not in technical support. Support agents have a daily/monthly/90 days quota to meet in solving customer issues and the quota number can change with little to no warning. Communication between support agents and management is extremely poor and it's very difficult to move out of the support role as the company prefers to hire outside talent to fill positions, rather than picking talented people already inside. Support management also nitpicks agents' daily schedules by monitoring every single minute of their agents' day (including how long bio-breaks take), which was extraordinarily stressful and decreased overall agent productivity. MailChimp is a fantastic, welcoming, inclusive company and honestly believes in their people (as long as those people aren't in support), and welcomes all kinds of diversity and promotes diversity wherever they can; they also offer a number of employee resource groups (women's group, mental health group, etc) that employees can take advantage of. The culture is varied, depending on the office you're in: the main office is still relaxed but "clean-casual" in terms of dress code (developers are usually t-shirts and jeans while the marketing team is a little neater). The main office is rather lively (depends on the team) with the occasional nerf war and skateboarding in the office. The support office in west Atlanta is very casual dress-wise but much more subdued and quiet due to management's extreme oversight over agent behavior. They also do -

Pros

Generous 401k sharing, floating holiday time off, free snacks and refreshments, lots of opportunities to get involved in the community, lots of learning opportunities, huge holiday party, great insurance benefits, great maternity and paternity leave plus adoption leave

Cons

Management doesn't communicate with agents, lack of trust between agents and management, extreme micromanaging, lack of career advancement internally, zero communication between departments, support is treated as second class employees by the rest of the company

Great place to have a career

Great place to work. Good work/life balance. Pay is amazing. It's fast pace so be flexible. Great office perks and the office is amazing to work. Centrally located and very high tech.

Loved my job

I loved being able to work from home while doing something I truly loved. my boss was flexible and a true pleasure to work for. I would recommend this employer

Good but some issues

Enjoyed my time here and a lot of great people work for MailChimp. The main issues come from lack of communication from the upper management. Here are more characters that are required.

It's a good company

It's a pretty good company. There are still some kinks that need to be worked out within management and effective leadership. Overall though, it's been a good experience.

Pros

Alot

Cons

there is a little bit of discrimation?

Great folks to work with and over all around company

The people are very easy to get along with here. The expectations are high but you have great freedom to express yourself in your work. Management is supportive and non micro managing. Lots of great attitudes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MailChimp. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at MailChimp.
Powered byComparably

Compare MailChimp with

Learn about MailChimp in popular locations

• MailChimp