Maimonides Medical Center Employee Reviews

busy, educational drive
Biomedical Technician (Current Employee) –  brooklyn, N.Y.August 10, 2018
hospital believes in higher learning thrives for advance technology and medication. team work understanding in family and child care.
space for improvement
Great working environment
MEDICAL BILLING AND CODING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 9, 2018
Great working environment. Amazing bosses. Lots of room for growth and advancement. Very friendly staff and coworkers. Overall great working morale. Always supportive
excellent environment
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 18, 2018
overall everything was perfect the culture and the management team was great i really would recommend this hospital to anyone the medical staff is the best also
very brooklyn
Senior Nurse Intern (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 12, 2018
i was just an intern so don't know anything about benefits- ER was large and you got what you sought - if you looked for knowledgeable people to help you you could find helpful ones, or you could just be a wall flower and not be involved bc it's so busy. big cultural experience
Pros
fast pace
Cons
crowded, hard to feel like your making a differenc
productive workplace
Staff-Professional Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 7, 2018
productive workplace provides growth professionally diverse culture and background offers a lot of career advancements goal oriented positive workflow
Great place to work.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 2, 2018
Great place to work. I had great experiences. The management and staffs was very supportive and show compassion in their work. Overall, I increase in skill as a Patient Care Technician.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Management.
A place that is great for learning and gaining experience
Register Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 26, 2018
It is a caring facility that offer services to a multicultural community. The labor and delivery is high pace, high volume in patient care, were many have co-morbidities and there are urgent care, critical care basis. It does require the nurse to work independently, have critical thinking skills and the ability to advocate for client care and implementing evidence base practices. It is a good place to learn, gain experience, and build you educational skills.
its a funn place to work
Patient Care Technician / Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 21, 2018
its a teaching hospital, an you learn so much while working with doctors an nurses, I have learnt more about medical terms, an how to treat patient, because not all patient should be treat the same, there are some that needs special cares.
great workplace
Administrator Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 18, 2018
It's a place of growth and opportunities. Senior management communicates well. There isn't much high-level stress with deadlines. Deadlines are manageable.
Laid back office job
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 10, 2018
Since I was just considered a volunteer here, I wasn't given huge responsibilities. I often filled out baby and mother cards since I was in the mother and baby care department. I also went around to the patients room to see if they needed anything and I answered phone calls at the front desk. I enjoyed visiting the babies and interacting with the mothers.
Great Place to Work
STUDENT EXTERNSHIP INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 31, 2018
If you love your profession, you will find that there is no better place to work. I really enjoyed my experience here and I would certainly recommend this Hospital.
Continuous education and good work experience
Outpatient Therapist - Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY 11219May 24, 2018
Maimonides was able to provide a great work environment; the individuals who work here are caring and always willing to accomodate their patients if it is possible. Maimonides also provides great learning opportunities through grand rounds and with contact with other physicians. Would recommend working here, and always room for growth.
Decent work environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 14, 2018
Very busy I’m all departments.Decent work environment Management is very accommodating and incourages furthering education and growth within departments.
high paced job
Valet Parking Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 9, 2018
work day consist of moving vehicles from the front to the parking lot via valet parking.
I was management.
hardest part was being outside in high heat conditions.
Pros
frequent breaks
Cons
outside
Maimonides Medical Center
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 30, 2018
Management was the most difficult with the institution. Bad communication, extremely low wages and benefits. No training for job specifics and if you have a high skill level your skills are not used to the benefit of your job
Pros
was close to home
Cons
Communications, Wages, Benefits
Easy job awful hours
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY 11219April 27, 2018
Good job with good benefits. Paid vacations. Easy job but management doesn’t deal with issues well. Hours are not ideal for mothers. Good for young people before they start a family
Official response from Maimonides Medical Center
May 7, 2018

Your feedback is important to us. Thanks for taking the time to submit this constructive criticism.

Wonderful place to wrok
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 26, 2018
Working at this hospital have awoken my interest in studying in the medical field. Learned great skills to help me in the future. Everyone works together as a group, its a team work based place.
GPR in Dentistry
General Practice Residency (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 20, 2018
Start work at 9 AM and leave clinic at 6 PM or 7 PM. Can be very unorganized and stressful but clinical experience is good. Building is very old. Administration is run very poorly.
Pros
Paid vacation, educational stipend
Cons
10 minute lunch breaks, no assistants
Official response from Maimonides Medical Center
May 7, 2018

We're glad you're having a great clinical experience. Thanks for this constructive criticism.

Good position.
Course Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 15, 2018
The job was enjoyable and provided the opportunity to meet and talk with students from many different cultures. I was able to dialogue and work with professionals from hospitals in three different boroughs in NY.
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
commute
You have to be sharp and ready to work hard.
Cat Scan Technologist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 11, 2018
Great people great Dr, Very stressful very quick paced. It is a Trauma hospital with so many different types of people. Lots of infants will come across. your table as well as the very very old. Something different everyday .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maimonides Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight