Maimonides Medical Center Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment with limited staff
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 22, 2018
A typical day at work is filled with filing, answering phones, being attentive to patients that come up to the window, being a liaison between them and the doctors, data entry to ensure that we have all correct information regarding patient demographics, etc. I learned how to handle critical situations and handle them on my own without the assistance of the manager or any of the staff, but I also learned how and when to direct the situation to another member of my team when I am unsure of the solution to the problem presented in front of me; ensuring that the problem is taken care of in the most effective manner. Management could be a little more supportive as we have limited staff that run the office, but the overall workplace culture is friendly. The hardest part of the job would be the last minute schedule changes that we are to adhere to in order to support the Doctors, then that means we have to change around our personal schedules as well and those of the patients; which can be frustrating on both ends. Overall, the most enjoyable part of my job is when a patient expresses an immense amount of gratitude towards my patience and understanding when I aid in their inquires as if they were my own. I believe is sets me apart from others and creates a stronger a patient to staff relationship.
Dedicated people.
Budget Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 22, 2018
Hard working dedicated professionals. Good Benefits, friendly environment. Good location. Always striving to improve. Cutting edge medical procedures.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Nepotism
It was good place to work
System Analyst Computer Assisted Coding Software (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 21, 2018
Prior to Maimonides medical center, i was working in Health Insurance for 18 years and had already a good experience in Health sector. Also, I was familiar with all medical terminology (IDC10,CPT codes) and structure of data base of Master File and Providers database
Fast paced environment that provides lots of learning opportunities
Administrative Director of Radiology (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 18, 2018
Collaborative working environment that achieves a great deal with minimal resources. Hospital is in a transition phase of possibly being acquired in the near future.
Pros
Flexibility
productive
incredible team work
Well maintained, clean
Always answered any questions
Always given explainatons
good beneft and lots overtime
Inpatient Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 13, 2018
Smooth workflow and great experiences with all diversities complex medical and surgical cases
If you need stable with full package of benefits, here is for you.
love it!
Staff Nurse/ Labor and Delivery (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 11, 2018
salary is awesome and i love it here. everyone should come work here. its a great place to grow. you get a lot of sick days and the benefit package is awesome!
Overall and excellent place to work
Associate Director Facilities Engineering (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 10, 2018
overall an excellent place to work if you are accustom to fast pace and little or no support staff. The culture overall is good, co-workers are very supportive. The hardest part of the job is very little resource and support from upper management. The staff are excellent at working together and are very supportive of each other. It make your day less stressful.
Pros
Family atmosphere.
Cons
parking
Productive and warm/friendly workplace
Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2018
A place where the workers feel is their second home because they care about each other. Leadership share the concerns of the workers, they listen to the workers and respond in a timely manner--it is a home away from home. Patients are considered to be the focus of the institution since they are the reason why the organization is in business.
Pros
Tuition Reimbursements, employee recognition, awards, and support
Cons
usual healthcare challenges
love it
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 7, 2018
I enjoyed working there and great team work if I lived there I would def go back the hardest part of the job because was a night shift other than that its great
ok place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 3, 2018
it has its good and bads but overall if you are there to work and do what needs to be done its a good place to be
Upper mgmt needs to better prioritze budgetting to ensure the employee livelihood bc they are who keep the hospital running.
benefits
Cons
layoffs
Data Entry
Assistant to Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 2, 2018
An assistant to manager position in the oncology department in Maimonides Medical Center. One and one, direct work with the manager. Helped with staff meeting, filing and data entry.
it's a way productive place to work.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 19, 2017
it's a nice place to work and professional. the atmosphere is very welcoming , they have a great team of workers, their stuff are very knowledgeable of their works.
Pros
it has provided a lot of free lunches.
Cons
they have a great staff, the hours of work are very good
productive
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 18, 2017
ok hectic, very busy emergency room. very busy maternity ward. Lots of different cultures and people. Lots of religious people. separate room for families there.
Certified Tumor Registrar (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 18, 2017
Lack of collaboration, and understanding of responsibilities, and requirements, between management and director, resulting in negligence towards the need and necessity of the Registry department.
Pros
Amazing co-workers
Cons
lack of collaboration with management and upper management
Great place to work ...
Patient Care Technician Nursing Float Team (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 7, 2017
Well to start with l work in the ER so my life is full wirh real every day situations ..however l love my job .....I am and will be ab asset to any facility l work for .....
Pros
Nice food
Good atmosphere
Physician/Clinical Informatics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 1, 2017
Positive team collaboration, very supportive of educational opportunities. Although, there were long days, the MIS Department controlled all of the systems used at the hospital.
I would still be working there except my salary was low considering my educational background.
Pros
Cons
Less advancement in the MIS Department
Nursing Student
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 29, 2017
I witnessed good and bad in Maimo. Only thing I thought was not up to date was that the nurses were the only ones who had to do handwritten notes. No computer documentation for nurses.
was a place for me to grow and develop into the professional I am today
Director of Chargemaster and Clinical Denials (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 28, 2017
Prior to the merge MMC was a nurturing place to grow and learn while assisting with the well being of the hospital and our patients...it was a very caring and encouraging enviroment
medical assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 27, 2017
drawing blood
working with doctors
pysch deparment
calling patients
following up with labs words and insurance
transling for doctors ( spanish )
working as a team.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maimonides Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Maimonides Medical Center Reviews by Location