Main Event Entertainment Employee Reviews

Featured review
Main Event Entertainment selected this as a representative review
GREAT place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 8, 2018
Busy shifts make time go by quick, you learn a lot from management on how to take care of guests and make sure they leave with a smile! Employee engagement is great, the corporate team makes sure that every employee, including management is happy to work there.
Pros
Great benefits, great leadership.
Cons
long shifts, lots of time on your feet
Probably wouldn't work here again
Team Service Host (Former Employee) –  Shenandoah, TXNovember 17, 2018
Over all the managers were rude, and the people that worked at Main Event did NOT take their job seriously making it really hard to get your work done if you really want to.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Everything else
Fun and Full of Opportunities
Games Attendant, Supervisor, and Bowl Attendant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 15, 2018
There was always something to do. I was never bored, and most of the time there was always something happening. Very youthful and no regrets. I'd have to say management definitely showed me how to better myself and grow in positive ways.
Pros
Fast-paced and Fun
Cons
you can become tired during the summer
Worst Job for first time Serving
Server, Runner (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDNovember 15, 2018
Main event was the worst job I ever had especially for a first one as a server. Management was horrible and unorganized. The work environment was terrible and too much drama. The whole place needs a new management system in order for it to have great customer service.
Pros
location
Cons
short breaks, terrible pay, poor management, poor customer service
Fun and Entertaining
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, ILNovember 14, 2018
Main Event does treat their staff well and has a lot of options as far as food and growth within the company itself. While I worked there, many people got promoted, including myself. They do promote from within but it does take a long time to do it as but they let you know how to work towards the goal and what is needed.
Pros
free lunch for managers, Pto, great benefits
Cons
no voice to corporate office, minimal communication from higher ups
Sales (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 13, 2018
Management lacks vision and rarely communicates the strategy to employees. Very hierarchical and fosters a negative culture.

The company has experienced lots of growth and will need to focus on retaining employees.
Pros
Work life balance.
Horrible place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHNovember 12, 2018
Good place to work seasonally, during the winter time was the best time to work there. However, it was really the only time anyone made any money. The hours weren't worth the money either. I was working 17 hour days, 5 days a week.
eh.
bowl trainer (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GANovember 11, 2018
work somewhere else if you actually want to make money. They will pay you nothing and expect you to lick the ground they walk on lol. Managers expect you to go above and beyond for $8.00 an hour. BYe.
Pros
free game cards
Cons
everything else
Work anywhere else
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZNovember 10, 2018
The managers don’t really care about you and come off as lazy. They constantly bring their personal lives to work and take it out on their employees. The new GM doesn’t help much if you’re having corporate or payroll issues. This company used to be great to work for but now it’s going downhill FAST.
Pros
Discounts are great
Cons
Management sucks, hours are awful, open too late
Overall the energy of the staff is amazing the managment needs help.
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXNovember 8, 2018
I absolutely loved my job and if my General Manager wasnt so bad I would have stayed. But her lack of knowledge on the job and lack of respect for her workers is baffling.
Pros
Great enviorment and team work
Cons
0 to no breaks. Low pay. Long hours. Slow buisness
Fun place
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXNovember 5, 2018
The hours were not to good I was 16 working from 6 in the evening till about 3-4 in the morning not what I expected from a first job but had a lot of fun along the way.
Work funplace
Game Attendant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 4, 2018
Very friendly, nice and fast service .great work field. Very nice employees and mangers. Great games, most games were new. Most equipment were new. Laser tag was very popular.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Shortbreaks
Best job I had!!!
Bowl Desk, Sales, Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZNovember 2, 2018
This job was very fun and the culture was unreal. Main Event provided me with multiple opportunities for growth, however due to undisclosed reasons within the management staff I chose to leave.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Long term plan/promoting
Horrible management
Server (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 30, 2018
I worked here & was treated unfairly & was discriminated against. Not to mention I worked a double once from open to close & never received a break,which is illegal. The managers are very unproductive and don't know how to communicate effectively to each other & their staff. Nor do other employees get held accountable for their actions. I would not work here at all one they have roaches and two the management sucks three don't expect any of them to care about your personal life especially if you're a college student.
Pros
Good coworkers
Fun place to work
Bowl desk attendant (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 30, 2018
Exciting atmosphere and very well kept. Everything from the bowling area to food lines, everything is well maintained and clean. Management is always amazing.
Pros
Amazing hours
Cons
Stressful
I enjoyed working at main event i just couldn't take care of my expenses
Game Attendant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 30, 2018
I enjoyed working at main event i just couldn't take care of my expenses It was very family friendly and the managers were very fair. I would suggest a younger person to work there who does not have a lot of bills.
Team oriented work environment
server (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZOctober 25, 2018
Main event was a extremely fun place to work, seeing how excited all the families/guests were as they entered the building was the best! I would most definitely work here again!
Pros
Half off food games ect
Cons
tipping was flexible
Demonizing Management
Team Service Host (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 20, 2018
Managers at the Austin location are ruder and demonizing to their team members. Not to mention how bossy they are and not being the hands-on team-oriented leader. They should pay their employees better like $14-$16 per hour. Honor all the benefits as promised on the website. Employees should not be pushed to work twice as hard if they are paid unfairly. It's not very competitive. Main Event should about being fair to everyone, making things easier, values, and acknowledging employees for their hard work. I am not pleased that the corporate disapproves the use of carts to turn over tables and lanes, they run it like they own it. Huge violation of the core vales. I wish that big changes are made to improve the business and improves the team members work morale, their lives matters and they deserve better. Managers and corporate should allow carts to be used under special conditions, increase pay wages or rate of pay fairly, honor the benefits, and recognized staff's hard work.
Pros
50% discounts
Cons
Managers and corporate being unfair
Very fast paced
Bowl Attendant (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXOctober 17, 2018
Awesome job good starting job for young adults. Opportunity to grow is high. Fun environment. The people you work with are awesome. Everyone is liked minded.
Pros
Opportunity to pick up hours
Cons
Not enough pay
Not what it used to be
Technician III (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXOctober 17, 2018
Executive management is more concerned with expanding the company than ensuring the existing locations are well managed. The company has changed in recent years, losing its distinctive culture and its focus on the customer. Instead, it has become a mill to turn out more cookie-cutter locations and earn profits for the moster company, Ardent.
Great Culture
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 15, 2018
Main event was my first salary manager job and I honestly wish I never left! Great culture with a guest first mentality. Hours can be long however you are recognized by everyone for your hard work which goes a long way nowadays.
Pros
great culture
Cons
Long hours & on your feet all day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Main Event Entertainment. Our community is ready to answer.