Main Event Entertainment Employee Reviews

Featured review
Main Event Entertainment selected this as a representative review
GREAT place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 8, 2018
Busy shifts make time go by quick, you learn a lot from management on how to take care of guests and make sure they leave with a smile! Employee engagement is great, the corporate team makes sure that every employee, including management is happy to work there.
Pros
Great benefits, great leadership.
Cons
long shifts, lots of time on your feet
Great coworkers, horrible management
Games Attendant (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 4, 2019
Main Event gives you the opportunity to learn the basics of a work place and get comfortable doing your job. However, they expect you to do more than you are getting paid to do, and when asking for a raise you will get .20 cents after being there for years. New hires will make more than you do by a dollar, and hours are ridiculously horrible. Managements a joke, hours are bad, pay is unfair.
You do meet fun people every now and then, and there are fun little moments with the customers. Now if you have customers harassing you, managers will make YOU look bad and take their side instead of helping you.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Rarely got breaks, unfair pay, poor management
Coworkers turn into friends, the job is awful
Team Service (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 21, 2019
Working here is one of the worst things I decided to do. They do work with your schedule the majority of the time, but even if you’ve been there 2+ years, the new hires will get paid more than you. Don’t bother asking for a raise, “it’s not in the budget”. Managers here are unprofessional and spend time gossiping and dating their employees rather than actually helping the center when called. They expect you to do tons of their work for $9.20 an hour. Scheduling, product order, etc. Not in our pay grade, if you ask me. All in all, horrible place to work. You have to kiss butt to move up instead of being noticed for your hard work.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
No breaks, managers are unprofessional, horrible pay
A Place with a pool table
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 17, 2019
A typical day at work would be stressful, requires hard work, multi-tasking, speaking with more than one angry customer. The management there is awful, the people above you talk to you like you're a slave. I've actually learned how to multi task in the year that I've been working there. The hardest part of the job is dealing with selfish, rude, obnoxious customers, but then again that's everywhere you go. So i'd say dealing with the managers. The most enjoyable part of the job is the coworkers. They are so lovely, full of joy, makes the day easier and simple.
Pros
50% on food, discounts
Cons
No health care, no benefits, 30 minute breaks for a busy company.
Terrible Work environment
Climbing Instructor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 19, 2019
Working at Main Even Austin was a stressful and unrewarding experience in which I was repeatedly treated as a disposable resource, even though I worked relatively hard and never once caused any problems for my employer. I was repeatedly denied breaks for lunch, or even time to go to the bathroom on shifts that were upwards of 10 hrs. And as one of the few responsible workers for the climbing(vert) department I was forced to work 7 days a week with sometimes totals or 60 hours a week. I didn't think it was that bad until I returned for the holiday season while home from school, and they tried to short me on my pay, and then proceeded to argue that I didn't deserve the pay that they had to give me because they had not in my pay check.
Pros
Cons
no breaks, poor pay, no benefits
Demonizing Management
Team Service Host (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 20, 2018
Managers at the Austin location are ruder and demonizing to their team members. Not to mention how bossy they are and not being the hands-on team-oriented leader. They should pay their employees better like $14-$16 per hour. Honor all the benefits as promised on the website. Employees should not be pushed to work twice as hard if they are paid unfairly. It's not very competitive. Main Event should about being fair to everyone, making things easier, values, and acknowledging employees for their hard work. I am not pleased that the corporate disapproves the use of carts to turn over tables and lanes, they run it like they own it. Huge violation of the core vales. I wish that big changes are made to improve the business and improves the team members work morale, their lives matters and they deserve better. Managers and corporate should allow carts to be used under special conditions, increase pay wages or rate of pay fairly, honor the benefits, and recognized staff's hard work.
Pros
50% discounts
Cons
Managers and corporate being unfair
Management Being too Superior
Game Attendant & Team Service Host (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 12, 2018
The managers are getting more strict and demanding. I see they took down the Employee of the Month recognition chart symbolizing nobody will be well recognized for their hard work. They have been bossier on weekends than being a team leader. The management system should drastically change. That means I want to see managers work alongside with their employees. Hands-on table-touch style, less demonizing, less resenting. Managers or senior corporate managers should give better competitive pay rates to those that worked hard, honor the policies, and complains very little. They should be treated and rewarded fairly better. Not be paid dirt cheap low-end pay rates. I want to see managers praise their employees with the WOW recognition programs, hold some form of appreciation party for departments, and honor all the given benefits as seen on the Main Event Entertainment career website. It's not very fun working when you are being underpaid, shamed, and taken advantage of by guests creating indefinite workload for you to handle. Too much, too stressful!
Pros
DIscounts
Cons
Management, lack of recognition, no better pay wages, hassles
A fun and very engaging environment for everyone.
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 20, 2018
A typical work day is steady not to bust but not to slow. I learned how to handle different situations and multitask. The management team has improve in a tremendous way they are always there to assist the situation. The best thing about Mainevent is that everything is fun, you will never find yourself bored there. The common challenge I faced working there is adjusting to everyones behaviors when things get a bit crazy or we are extremely busy. Like I said you will always enjoy being there, surrounded by people that are filled with energy.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
extremely busy
Fun and Entertaining
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, ILNovember 14, 2018
Main Event does treat their staff well and has a lot of options as far as food and growth within the company itself. While I worked there, many people got promoted, including myself. They do promote from within but it does take a long time to do it as but they let you know how to work towards the goal and what is needed.
Pros
free lunch for managers, Pto, great benefits
Cons
no voice to corporate office, minimal communication from higher ups
Great Culture
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 15, 2018
Main event was my first salary manager job and I honestly wish I never left! Great culture with a guest first mentality. Hours can be long however you are recognized by everyone for your hard work which goes a long way nowadays.
Pros
great culture
Cons
Long hours & on your feet all day.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MemphisJune 12, 2018
Main Event Entertainment is a great place to add to an existing set of skills. ME offered flexible work hours and they were very hands on from a corporate level. They offered a great salary based on my experience, and was a really fun place to work.

The GM was very personable and went above and beyond to build meaningful relationships with the team members.

ME offered lots of opportunities to grow in your career if you are able to relocate as they are a rapidly growing company. You can move up fairly quickly with the right attitude and work ethic.

The only bad experience I had was with a senior level officer at the corporate level. This person used intimidation to persuade employees to do their job, and was not a very good listener, just a talker.
Great Culture!
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXNovember 29, 2018
Culture is good, and it is very fast paced and fun work! The training is coming around and the company is growing! The food culture is improving as well.
Benefits
Cons
Hours are inconsistant!
Horrible work place
Server (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 21, 2018
I do NOT recommend working here. Management is horrible and the people that come in are just as bad. The managers don't care about their employees, and there is no benefits with working here. Business is slow and the way we are treated isn't worth the money we barely make here.
Pros
Cons
terrible management, no benefits, no breaks
Great place
Games Attendant (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 27, 2018
Great place to work at. Very well working environment and great people. Mainevent has really good managment and a great leading team of super visors .
Pros
Good benefits
Fun environment, bad management
Server, Bowl Attendant, Team Service Host (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 25, 2018
Working here was pretty fun AT FIRST, regardless of the horrible pay and hours for a high school student(at the time). I worked here for two years and barely went from $7.50 an hour to $8.64. After you learn everything in your department they offer you a trainer position, which is supposed to come with a raise, but they won't ever give you the raise unless you threaten to go to corporate. They close at 2am on Fri Sat and Mon and most times we would still be there around 3am bc of slow managers. Management was terrible, employees would call for a manager because of an issue a guest had and they would take FIVE YEARS to come help you out, meanwhile you're getting fussed at. I would not recommend this job to anyone UNLESS you want to be a server just for some quick cash. I would never go back and I don't regret quitting.
Pros
free game cards and activities, half off food & drink, paid breaks
Cons
long shifts, poor management, low pay, work drama
FUN place to go, NOT a FUN place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Main EventMarch 20, 2018
Not a "Team" environment to work in. More effort on finger pointing rather than taking care of the guests. Lack of support, development, and very little promotional opportunities. Growing company with very little organization. Procedures change on a daily basis and information isn't usually communicated until after the change takes place. Lots of layers being added with high level positions but people at the ground level aren't being compensated for performance. Compensation incentives change several times a year and do not favor the employees. No CEO currently.
Pros
Growing company, offers heathcare and 401k
Cons
Mostly hire outside rather from within, Negative environment to work in
Good money, bad managers(1604 and 281 location)
Bartender/Server/Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 4, 2018
This is a decent place to work based on the money alone. Guests walk in expecting to spend money so tips are usually fat. You also have the opportunity to work banquets and earn extra money from those so the money is definitely there. However, the management is unprofessional and unorganized. They do not communicate well and are horrible about letting people clock out to go home at their SCHEDULED times. This can be a decent job if you are still in high school and just need some extra cash, but not if you are used to professional full time jobs.
Pros
Discounted meals, Pto, full-time benefits
Cons
No breaks, long work hours, unprofessional management
My Overall experience with Main Event isn't the greatest
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 15, 2019
The building and activities itself is a lot of fun and I can see why families and businesses go in for events or bowling. Not a bad place to relax and enjoy time with your family. If you work there on the other hand, you're buried with stress and aggravation. Management isn't very good and they make employees work long grueling hours for multiple days in row. Money is good but not worth the stress and hours when you have family or if you provide for someone else other than yourself.
Pros
Great money, employees are awesome
Cons
Bad management, random scheduling, no recognition for hard work
Event Coordinator Review
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 12, 2018
This job taught me so much and really helped to jump start my career. The pay is not great, and the benefits aren't either. But it was a great introductory job to the sales and events world.
Nah move on
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 13, 2018
Don't do it. It's an amalgamation of everything hated in office culture. Benefits were non-existent, salary low, advancement low, expectations high. Only good thing was the free food and beer/wine.
Pros
food, beer, wine, play cards
Cons
everything that matters
Sales (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 13, 2018
Management lacks vision and rarely communicates the strategy to employees. Very hierarchical and fosters a negative culture.

The company has experienced lots of growth and will need to focus on retaining employees.
Pros
Work life balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Main Event Entertainment. Our community is ready to answer.