Main Event Entertainment Employee Reviews

Featured review
Main Event Entertainment selected this as a representative review
GREAT place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 8, 2018
Busy shifts make time go by quick, you learn a lot from management on how to take care of guests and make sure they leave with a smile! Employee engagement is great, the corporate team makes sure that every employee, including management is happy to work there.
Pros
Great benefits, great leadership.
Cons
long shifts, lots of time on your feet
egbrt
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Main event has a fun yet intense work environment the employees were nice to our guest and the prices were fair i would definitely recommend them to other people
Family entertainment venue. Bowling, arcade, laser tag, etc.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 18, 2018
A typical day at work was bussing tables, running food and drinks. I learned how to work in a high volume entertainment center. Management was very lenient. Hardest part of the job was working weekends. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships I built while I was there.
busy and fun work place
Game Attendant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 14, 2018
Always busy, and a great place to work. Always had amazing people around you, and the staff was amazing. I loved seeing everyone have a great time while playing games, bowling, or even doing the obstacle course!
Bad place to work
Team Service (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 12, 2018
Awful place to work. Little to no training and they expect you to know what to do. Managers are rude. Over all a bad place to work because they do not teach you very well how to do your job
Very diverse and fast paced, different personalities
Cafe attendant (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GASeptember 11, 2018
It was very diverse and active for me. I enjoyed the environment and the people who I worked with. Management was questionable most of the time but for the most part I enjoyed it
Pros
30min lunch breaks
Cons
Different guests
Good starter job
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXSeptember 10, 2018
Some managers are alright to work with, but over the time I have spent there, it has been an "HR disaster"
Management runs staff to the ground, makes staff work while sick (working with food), DM does not care about the staff, but more about how much the center is making.
Pros
Discounted food, Fun people to work with
Cons
Management, long hours, HR does nothing when we complain
Job is easy, poor management
Server (Former Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 9, 2018
The job itself is fairly easy and low stress. The main stress comes from dealing with nagging parents and their constant demands. Management is poor and favoritism plays heavily in decisions. Scheduling is electronic, making it easy to adjust without having to talk to management.
Pros
Free Game Play
Cons
Management, Work Culture, Customers
Very fun environment with great managers
GAMES ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  7830 S Santa Fe AveSeptember 7, 2018
Main Event is my favorite job that I've had. For the most part it was really fun to work there, and almost a privilege to be there. The only complaint I have about the workplace has to do with only one employee in the establishment who made crude jokes and comments towards me, but that's no reflection on the whole workplace or company. I loved working with the rest of the employees, and I loved working in an environment surrounded by fun.
Pros
Discounts on food and free games with employee card
Cons
Short breaks, long hours, late nights
Stressful but worth it
Party Host (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILSeptember 4, 2018
The job was very fast-paced but the hours weren't long and it was often worth it for the tips made at the party. Workers are paid hourly and can keep any tips they make.
Have to like kids and bad management to work here
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXSeptember 4, 2018
Parents are terrible and will hound you no matter what you do, not only that but don't expect management to back you up if that mom grabs you or pushes you their going to side with her 100%.
Fun and Exciting workplace
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 4, 2018
Great atmosphere. They are considerate of your life outside of work. Plenty of room for advancement and they will always help you grow within the company.
Mean girl burn book mentality
Lead Bartender certified trainer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 31, 2018
unethical management, from favoritism, to discussing their personal opinions of employees to other employees. And sharing personal info about employees. Nasty and attacking text messages and emails from managers
No accountability
No direction
Managers will bully and push employees to quit, making it impossible to stay
After being open for over a year you would think the work environment would have improved and the kinks would have been worked out, but 5 managers quit with in a 4 week period,and they can’t keep any experienced “seasoned” professionals because of the chaos and lack of leadership
When 75% of the staff is under 21 and 50% this being their first job leadership needs to be a top priority
Pros
Great bar
Cons
No management, no team players
Lead Bartender
Lead Bartender (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 26, 2018
I did work very hard for Main Event but it was lucrative and my fellow employees made it worth it. I handled mUgh of the manager duties to help him out because he was a great manager. All in all I recommend it for anybody.
Pros
Free food.
Cons
Hours
Unfair
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 23, 2018
They don't pay employees fairly and are often treated horrible. The Management there is horrible and the workers there are rude and are known to steal.
it’s alright
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 21, 2018
management needs to improve for sure . there is a good side to this place for sure. it’s not all just bad. i wouldn’t recommend working here just because you will be treated kind of badly.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
managers
Good work environment, but the employee management on startup left me with a bad experience
Games attendant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 17, 2018
When the building in my area was just starting up, the management was poor. I do not know about what it is like there now, but when I first started working they had trouble with several things, including getting me on the payroll, the schedule, and giving me acceptable hours. After the issues were brought up, they were fixed (not in a very timely manner), but I still, personally, did not enjoy the work or my manager, mainly because they moved me into a different department halfway through my employment. The general manager of the company was fantastic, but I did not have the pleasure of dealing with him for my day to day work
Main Event
Cafe Attendant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 17, 2018
Main Event is a a fun place to work. So days are easy while others are hard. It all determines what department you are place in. So jobs are easier then others but if you put in the work you get rewarded.
Pros
free bowling and games on days off
Cons
No lunch breaks
Fast paced but fun place to work for high school students
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 13, 2018
Trained to work all stations in a fast paced environment. Hours are not very pleasant as you have to work a lot of weekends and holidays. If you take off, you have to get someone to take your place. Management does not get involved in this aspect of your job.
Pros
Fun envionment
Cons
Must work a lot of weekends and holidays
Productive and fun workplace
Team Service (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 13, 2018
Employees and managers are very nice and outgoing. Fun environment to work in. Pay is reasonable. Gets busy on weekends. Recommended company to work for.
Pros
Employee discounts
Server (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXAugust 10, 2018
It gets very busy during the weekends especially when people book their birthday parties there. you have to be on your feet all the time and check up on all your guests.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Main Event Entertainment. Our community is ready to answer.