Main Line Health Employee Reviews

Recognition was only for the hospitals
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAMarch 7, 2019
It seemed that the only employees that were shown any appreciation or thanks were the staff in the hospital. No thanks were ever considered in the primary and specialty offices. In the office I was in I felt very unapreciated.
work place
Contact Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Randor, pa 19087February 20, 2019
everyone isn't treated the same and it's unfair. There is not union here and HR does help anyone but the company. I used to like working for this company but after being mistreated everyday it has really taken it toll on my as a person
Pros
Cons
very short breaks for lunch or even going to the bathroom
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Radnor, PAFebruary 19, 2019
I was working as a CSR and my job was, call center. entering in referrals manually for hospice and patients needing therapy and nurse care, took referrals over the phones from medical offices and hospitals as well.
Pros
Great service
Cons
Wouldn’t recommend their outside sources such as the Bryn Mawr hospital thrift shop
Associate (Current Employee) –  Bryn Mawr, PAFebruary 6, 2019
Management was poor . I was sick and had provided doctors notes and they still intended on holding me accountable . I then went to HR to ease the harassment from my manager and I was fired for that. I felt that I was making the right decision but in their eyes I was a problem. I also worked 6 days a week with only one day off which was Sunday because the business was closed. I also wanted to have a day off for my birthday and I had to hear it from Management. I was first told that if I wanted to request off I could request off two weeks prior to the date but when I did request off I was told that I couldn’t request off due to being on probation . There was a lack of communication. The store isn’t a bad place to work at , the customers are pleasant but the management overall sucked !
Pros
45 mins breaks, good health benefits, customers
Cons
lankenau heart group horrible place to work
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wynnewood, PAJanuary 31, 2019
This place is a joke. The management is horrible and they are trying to get rid of the older high paid people to bring in younger unpaid workers. its really hard to change departments or switch jobs to move up in the company. once you do switch position you are suck for 15 months. main line health care benefits are different from the hospital side of the organization you only get 3 weeks vacation and that includes your sick. no matter if you been with the company 1 year or 10 you only get 3 weeks vacations.
Pros
45 min launch
Cons
everything about this places is a con
February 20, 2019

Thank you for your review. Your feedback helps us to improve our employee experience. We do recommend you discuss benefits and HR Policies in depth with your Recruiter and/or HR Team in depth upon acceptance of a position with us.

Good experience
Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAJanuary 28, 2019
Good experience and opportunity.
Nice benefits.
Nice work culture.
Organization has experienced a lot of growth in the last 5 years. Created jobs and changed the business is done.
Excellent Benefits
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 15, 2019
Excellent benefits; Main Line Health offers both 403B and a Pension. Great time off; Fairly advanced in regards to technology utilized at the organization
Conveniently located
Nurse Practitioner Obstetrics and Gynecology (Former Employee) –  Wynnewood, PAJanuary 15, 2019
I started at MLH after many years of working at Penn and other academic institutions. My job is mainly administrative. The staff are very experienced and have been here for more than 30 years
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Medical officeJanuary 3, 2019
I like working for main line I just wish they paid us a little more. I feel like medical assistants are under paid where ever u go. But other than that no complaints.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Short lunch break and under paid
Amazing place to work
Contract (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 11, 2018
Great company to work for even though I was there on contract I would do it all over again. Would recommend anybody in the Philadelphia area to work with the company
Main Line Health
Telecommunications Operator (Former Employee) –  Wynnewood, PANovember 21, 2018
Main Line Health offers great benefits and has a great atmosphere to grow with in employment. The only problem I did see was that there are times that the pay does not equal the importance of the the job. For instance, as a telecommunications operator, the job requires quick responses to emergency but more training is needed and a higher pay scale
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Underestimated employees skills
Good Health Benefits and Tuition Reimbursement
Telecommunications Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wynnewood, PANovember 1, 2018
I like the health benefits and love the tuition reimbursement. There needs to be improvement on opportunity growth and hiring from within. The hospitals need to follow the same policies and procedures across the board.
productive and fun working environments
Home Health / Hospice Aide (Current Employee) –  Radnor, PAOctober 21, 2018
I love caring for individuals in need and providing support for their families. My logic for being one of the best caregivers in this field rests in the fact that I donot treat my position or opportunities as a job so there's never a typical day. It is my life.
Pros
Opportunities to care for others
Cons
Extreme wear and tear on any vehicle, The amount of stress endured when dealing with the dying, Dealing with difficult families.
Not craxy about this job...
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 18, 2018
It was not a great place to learn. Being a new Ma I didn't feel like I got a good start.The lead Ma was very mean and sarcastic to start. I think that it's a place for a more seasoned MA.
Help less desk is closer to the truth
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  BerwynOctober 10, 2018
Mgmt has no interest in keeping good talent. I've never seen such lack of communication anywhere. Help desk is litterally and figuratively walled off from the rest of the IT dept. Stress is high and help is not coming. Things I heard other people say on the phone to end users would get you fired most places. Or at least a visit from HR. Unless you are just beginning your career I would avoid this place like the plague.
Pros
Peer support was good.
Cons
Management was horrible.
November 6, 2018

We are sorry to hear this and appreciate you bringing it to our attention. We are committed to fostering a supportive and respectful work environment and to helping our employees achieve success. We're grateful for your feedback, as this can help us continue to improve our employee experience. If you’d like to discuss your concerns further, we invite you to contact your HR Manager.

Not a good place to work
Registered Nurse and Nurse Navigator (Former Employee) –  Wynnewood, PAOctober 6, 2018
The corporation does not care about their workers or if they get hurt mentally or physically. You can have 6 patients or more on night shift and be charge nurse at the same time.
November 6, 2018

Thank you for your review. We’re sorry to hear that you’ve had issues with your management. We take all concerns very seriously. If you’d like to discuss your concerns further, we invite you to contact your HR Manager.

overall a great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wynnewood, PAOctober 2, 2018
There are a LOT of hardworking employees at MLH.
The physicians are appreciative of staff and it makes for a collaborative work environment.
I believe there are management deficiencies that can easily be remedied, especially those who aren't suitable for management. Just because you have an advanced degree with no experience doesn't make you a good fit.
I also feel that there are deserving persons who are not given advancement opportunities and those great workers leave as a result of being overlooked and underpaid.
I have benefitted from great exposure and I also work an awful lot but I love what I do.
Pros
collaboration, hardworking team players, great benefits
Cons
nepotism, inept management
Over worked under paid
General Ultrasound Technologist; Registered (Former Employee) –  Wynnewood, PASeptember 13, 2018
they do not appreciate their staff. Hard work is not rewarded. they are nepotistic and it does not matter what you have sacrificed for them and all you are willing to do for them. The minute you don't let them walk all over you, you are let go.
There is a level of laziness and entitlement among some of the staff demographics there as well. Certain demographics can do noting and not a word is said but if others do the same thing it is an issue. this is not a good place to work.
Mainline Health
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, PASeptember 12, 2018
busy days lots of basic resetting passwords and basic trouble shooting.
they would hire outsiders for potions that internal candidates were fully qualified for
Patient Care Tech
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Media, PASeptember 12, 2018
I know and support the job mission and through job training I am able to enter my day and complete duties that allow a positive patient experience , and support a return to wellness.
Pros
Able to support patient wellness
Cons
Down staffing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Main Line Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight