Main Line Health Employee Reviews

overall a great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wynnewood, PAOctober 2, 2018
There are a LOT of hardworking employees at MLH.
The physicians are appreciative of staff and it makes for a collaborative work environment.
I believe there are management deficiencies that can easily be remedied, especially those who aren't suitable for management. Just because you have an advanced degree with no experience doesn't make you a good fit.
I also feel that there are deserving persons who are not given advancement opportunities and those great workers leave as a result of being overlooked and underpaid.
I have benefitted from great exposure and I also work an awful lot but I love what I do.
Pros
collaboration, hardworking team players, great benefits
Cons
nepotism, inept management
Great benefits, not so great management
IV Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Wynnewood, PAAugust 27, 2018
Since I started my position at MLH there has been a dramatic shift in the focus of management. Everything is about cutting the budget despite the growing size of the healthcare system. Employees are increasingly burnt out and not given any incentives to care much about their jobs. Management and higher ups continue to receive bonuses while the rest of the workforce experiences the elimination of bonuses and reduction of raises and shift differentials.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
High cost of benefits, lack of support from management
Sadly, MLH is not the organization it once was
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAAugust 11, 2018
Was once an organization that seemed to value employees; that has changed since EMR conversion. Low morale. Lack of communication from leadership. Does not seem interested in keeping current talent.
Pros
Excellent benefits, team members cohesive, supportive of each other. Teams work well together.
Cons
Limited career advancement, micromanagement, poor work / life balance
Main Line Health
Telecommunications Operator (Former Employee) –  Wynnewood, PANovember 21, 2018
Main Line Health offers great benefits and has a great atmosphere to grow with in employment. The only problem I did see was that there are times that the pay does not equal the importance of the the job. For instance, as a telecommunications operator, the job requires quick responses to emergency but more training is needed and a higher pay scale
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Underestimated employees skills
Good Health Benefits and Tuition Reimbursement
Telecommunications Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wynnewood, PANovember 1, 2018
I like the health benefits and love the tuition reimbursement. There needs to be improvement on opportunity growth and hiring from within. The hospitals need to follow the same policies and procedures across the board.
Constantly being asked to perform more tasks. Becoming focused on the financial bottom line. The benefits and colleagues were fantastic.
Schedule Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Paoli, PAJune 3, 2018
Constantly being asked to perform more tasks. Management becoming too focused on the bottom line and losing focus on patient care. The best part of my job is the people I work with and the benefits Main Line Health offers.
Pros
My colleagues.
Cons
Becoming more focused on the business aspect of patient care.
Still too soon to say too much
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wynnewood, PAJune 14, 2018
So far so good. The work culture is great. Management is competent and there is a lot of room to grow and advance. It's a growing health system if you want to grow with it.
Pros
Benefits, Learning Opportunities, Free Parking, Promotes Employee Health
Cons
Length of time to transfer positions, Some areas are slow paced
Nice place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Wynnewood, PAJune 25, 2018
This was one of the best jobs I ever had.
work atmosphere was great. work there for over 13 years.
Met a lot of nice people there.
Pay and Healthcare plan was great along with yearly bonuses
They gave special events and had stuff for there employee around the holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving dinners that were very nice.
Pros
good pay great benifits
Cons
some politics
Main Line Health
FirstCALL Employee Assistance Program (Former Employee) –  Bryn Mawr, PAJune 28, 2018
I enjoyed working at Main Line Health. I was an EAP consultant with responsibility for many companies access to benefits, provided CISD's, in-services/trainings, management referrals, and direct counseling
Mlh
Site Leader (Current Employee) –  Wynnewood, PAJune 14, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my eleven plus years working at Main Line Health. The workplace was very fair, encouraging and always worked towards achieving excellence. Main Line Health is very customer focused and consistently strived towards being a leader in both healthcare and technology.
Pros
Good benefits, safe environment, good company moral.
Cons
None come to mind

Want to know more about Main Line Health?

Ask a question
Great Clinical Staff
Practice Manager CT Surgery & Electrophysiology (Current Employee) –  Wynnewood, PAJanuary 31, 2018
I run a practice that brings in over 40% of the business to Main Line Health. It is a multi-specialty practice, yet I'm paid at a single specialty grade. The employees and people I work with are amazing which is the main reason why I have stayed. This past year I've been asked to work 50+ hr weeks without extra compensation. I have taken on an increased roll and manage two practices. I have over 38 direct reports, yet still being paid at a single practice grade level.
Pros
People and relationships built with team
Cons
Workplace Environment, Space, Stress, long hours without pay
Help less desk is closer to the truth
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  BerwynOctober 10, 2018
Mgmt has no interest in keeping good talent. I've never seen such lack of communication anywhere. Help desk is litterally and figuratively walled off from the rest of the IT dept. Stress is high and help is not coming. Things I heard other people say on the phone to end users would get you fired most places. Or at least a visit from HR. Unless you are just beginning your career I would avoid this place like the plague.
Pros
Peer support was good.
Cons
Management was horrible.
Official response from Main Line Health
November 6, 2018

We are sorry to hear this and appreciate you bringing it to our attention. We are committed to fostering a supportive and respectful work environment and to helping our employees achieve success. We're grateful for your feedback, as this can help us continue to improve our employee experience. If you’d like to discuss your concerns further, we invite you to contact your HR Manager.

Work hard in a laboratory setting
Senior Clinical Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Paoli, PAAugust 7, 2018
Work hard daily in a fast pace laboratory setting to provide excellent patient care and provide results in a timely fashion. At times, there are staffing issues such as not enough staff that can cause some stress in the workplace. The management does there best to make sure their employees are taking care of and satisfied as best as they can within such circumstances.
Pros
job stability, friendly co workers
Cons
no more extended leave, lower shift differential, straight basic leave pay
N/a
Staffing Coordinator-organizing (Current Employee) –  Radnor, PAMay 17, 2018
Excellent place to work. Very humble and great experience. Room for improvement. I would recommend this organization to others. Great benefits and also great staff members
Productive and nice coworkers
Office Support Clerk (Current Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAApril 16, 2018
Overall good benefits and nice people. Office is in a nice area generous paid time off. Open communication with management.
Can be stressful at times.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
low pay
Supportive peers excellent hard working staff
Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Bryn Mawr, PAApril 13, 2018
They offer competitive salary and benefits in comparison to city hospitals , I have to say the everlasting friendships established at MLH surpass my relationships in an inner city institution.
Manipulative Management
Employee (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 16, 2018
Unrealistic job expectations from Management. No work-life balance even though this is what they pledge to new employees. Inability to think outside the box and consider change. The only way to get anything done is to continue with the old processes...forward thinking is frowned upon. If you like being micro managed, this company is for you.
Pros
Cons
Long days and work weeks and no recognition for a job well done
Typical health core corporation. The grunts are fantastic. The leadership is extremely poor.
Senior Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  PAFebruary 26, 2018
Health care side is slightly above average. Mental health side is hung out to dry. Main advantage for employees are great health care and vacation benefits.
Pros
Benefits, Pto
Cons
Management, workloads
Great team to work with
Unit Clerk - Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Wynnewood, PAAugust 22, 2018
The hardest part of this job is remembering all of the doctors and nurses. Since I work part time and only two days per week, I do not see everyone on a daily basis. But once I got to know everyone I really appreciate the team environment fostered at Lankenau Hospital.
Pros
ability to work more hours
Cons
no set hours (hours/days fluctuate) - difficult to manage work/life balance
Very busy work environment but enjoyable.
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 11, 2018
A typical day is working in the ER department where patients are in and out all day. My responsibility and duties consist of keeping a clean and sterile environment. The job can become overwhelming at times but I am flexible and able to work well under stress. Management and staff work well together.
Pros
Healthcare, employee recognitions
Cons
Short breaks, limited vacation hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Main Line Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight