Main Line Health Management reviews

Would not recommend
Rehab staff (Current Employee) –  VariousApril 10, 2019
I have worked here for 13 years. Only reason is the benefits, which are great. But the management and the way I am treated as an employee is despicable. I am searching for a new job and hope to never again have to say that I work for main line health.
Pros
Benefits and PTO
Cons
Work culture, management
work place
Contact Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Randor, pa 19087February 20, 2019
everyone isn't treated the same and it's unfair. There is not union here and HR does help anyone but the company. I used to like working for this company but after being mistreated everyday it has really taken it toll on my as a person
Pros
Cons
very short breaks for lunch or even going to the bathroom
April 4, 2019

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we are sorry you had this experience. We are committed to fostering a supportive and respectful work environment and to helping our employees achieve success. We're grateful for your feedback, as this can help us continue to improve our employee experience.

Wouldn’t recommend their outside sources such as the Bryn Mawr hospital thrift shop
Associate (Current Employee) –  Bryn Mawr, PAFebruary 6, 2019
Management was poor . I was sick and had provided doctors notes and they still intended on holding me accountable . I then went to HR to ease the harassment from my manager and I was fired for that. I felt that I was making the right decision but in their eyes I was a problem. I also worked 6 days a week with only one day off which was Sunday because the business was closed. I also wanted to have a day off for my birthday and I had to hear it from Management. I was first told that if I wanted to request off I could request off two weeks prior to the date but when I did request off I was told that I couldn’t request off due to being on probation . There was a lack of communication. The store isn’t a bad place to work at , the customers are pleasant but the management overall sucked !
Pros
45 mins breaks, good health benefits, customers
Cons
lankenau heart group horrible place to work
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wynnewood, PAJanuary 31, 2019
This place is a joke. The management is horrible and they are trying to get rid of the older high paid people to bring in younger unpaid workers. its really hard to change departments or switch jobs to move up in the company. once you do switch position you are suck for 15 months. main line health care benefits are different from the hospital side of the organization you only get 3 weeks vacation and that includes your sick. no matter if you been with the company 1 year or 10 you only get 3 weeks vacations.
Pros
45 min launch
Cons
everything about this places is a con
February 20, 2019

Thank you for your review. Your feedback helps us to improve our employee experience. We do recommend you discuss benefits and HR Policies in depth with your Recruiter and/or HR Team in depth upon acceptance of a position with us.

Good Health Benefits and Tuition Reimbursement
Telecommunications Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wynnewood, PANovember 1, 2018
I like the health benefits and love the tuition reimbursement. There needs to be improvement on opportunity growth and hiring from within. The hospitals need to follow the same policies and procedures across the board.
Help less desk is closer to the truth
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  BerwynOctober 10, 2018
Mgmt has no interest in keeping good talent. I've never seen such lack of communication anywhere. Help desk is litterally and figuratively walled off from the rest of the IT dept. Stress is high and help is not coming. Things I heard other people say on the phone to end users would get you fired most places. Or at least a visit from HR. Unless you are just beginning your career I would avoid this place like the plague.
Pros
Peer support was good.
Cons
Management was horrible.
November 6, 2018

We are sorry to hear this and appreciate you bringing it to our attention. We are committed to fostering a supportive and respectful work environment and to helping our employees achieve success. We're grateful for your feedback, as this can help us continue to improve our employee experience. If you’d like to discuss your concerns further, we invite you to contact your HR Manager.

Over worked under paid
General Ultrasound Technologist; Registered (Former Employee) –  Wynnewood, PASeptember 13, 2018
they do not appreciate their staff. Hard work is not rewarded. they are nepotistic and it does not matter what you have sacrificed for them and all you are willing to do for them. The minute you don't let them walk all over you, you are let go.
There is a level of laziness and entitlement among some of the staff demographics there as well. Certain demographics can do noting and not a word is said but if others do the same thing it is an issue. this is not a good place to work.
Very busy work environment but enjoyable.
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 11, 2018
A typical day is working in the ER department where patients are in and out all day. My responsibility and duties consist of keeping a clean and sterile environment. The job can become overwhelming at times but I am flexible and able to work well under stress. Management and staff work well together.
Pros
Healthcare, employee recognitions
Cons
Short breaks, limited vacation hours
Under Construction
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Newtown Square, PASeptember 5, 2018
MLHC where I worked is going through a large amount of staffing changes, including management. The office has the ability to be great once fully staffed, just not sure when that will be. In order for an office to run smoothly, there needs to be structure enforced by management which it is currently lacking.
Great benefits, not so great management
IV Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Wynnewood, PAAugust 27, 2018
Since I started my position at MLH there has been a dramatic shift in the focus of management. Everything is about cutting the budget despite the growing size of the healthcare system. Employees are increasingly burnt out and not given any incentives to care much about their jobs. Management and higher ups continue to receive bonuses while the rest of the workforce experiences the elimination of bonuses and reduction of raises and shift differentials.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
High cost of benefits, lack of support from management
Sadly, MLH is not the organization it once was
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAAugust 11, 2018
Was once an organization that seemed to value employees; that has changed since EMR conversion. Low morale. Lack of communication from leadership. Does not seem interested in keeping current talent.
Pros
Excellent benefits, team members cohesive, supportive of each other. Teams work well together.
Cons
Limited career advancement, micromanagement, poor work / life balance
Work hard in a laboratory setting
Senior Clinical Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Paoli, PAAugust 7, 2018
Work hard daily in a fast pace laboratory setting to provide excellent patient care and provide results in a timely fashion. At times, there are staffing issues such as not enough staff that can cause some stress in the workplace. The management does there best to make sure their employees are taking care of and satisfied as best as they can within such circumstances.
Pros
job stability, friendly co workers
Cons
no more extended leave, lower shift differential, straight basic leave pay
Manipulative Management
Employee (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 16, 2018
Unrealistic job expectations from Management. No work-life balance even though this is what they pledge to new employees. Inability to think outside the box and consider change. The only way to get anything done is to continue with the old processes...forward thinking is frowned upon. If you like being micro managed, this company is for you.
Pros
Cons
Long days and work weeks and no recognition for a job well done
Main Line Health
FirstCALL Employee Assistance Program (Former Employee) –  Bryn Mawr, PAJune 28, 2018
I enjoyed working at Main Line Health. I was an EAP consultant with responsibility for many companies access to benefits, provided CISD's, in-services/trainings, management referrals, and direct counseling
Still too soon to say too much
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wynnewood, PAJune 14, 2018
So far so good. The work culture is great. Management is competent and there is a lot of room to grow and advance. It's a growing health system if you want to grow with it.
Pros
Benefits, Learning Opportunities, Free Parking, Promotes Employee Health
Cons
Length of time to transfer positions, Some areas are slow paced
Committed to Excellent Patient Care
Register Nurse (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia SuburbsJune 13, 2018
MLH Homecare is committed to diversity, a cultural of safety, evidence-based patient care, highest quality of care to patients. The management focused is team based. The hardest part to job is balancing work and life since.
Constantly being asked to perform more tasks. Becoming focused on the financial bottom line. The benefits and colleagues were fantastic.
Schedule Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Paoli, PAJune 3, 2018
Constantly being asked to perform more tasks. Management becoming too focused on the bottom line and losing focus on patient care. The best part of my job is the people I work with and the benefits Main Line Health offers.
Pros
My colleagues.
Cons
Becoming more focused on the business aspect of patient care.
No Review
Patient Service Coordinator and Triage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAMay 8, 2018
The company was good. The work day was good. I learned the company was good. The management was good. The culture was good. I had no challenges. No favorite part.
Stable place to work
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, PAMay 3, 2018
Working in the Information Technology department offered a great work environment depending on which department you were working for. The pace of the department is good and there is usually enough staff to manage projects correctly. There were times when certain decisions by C level management weren't the best, but for the most part it is a great place to work.
Pros
Pay and Vacation time
Engaging Organization
Clinical Manager of Respiratory Care (Current Employee) –  Wynnewood, PAApril 17, 2018
Organization which commits to employee engagement, diversity, and quality. Management strives to create a culture of safety and increased value through strong outcomes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Main Line Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight