Main Street Hub Employee Reviews

Being a part of a well outstanding company drove me to do better. I loved everything about the company and what it offered.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 14, 2018
Being a part of a wonderful company was a hung plus from the amenities to the work environment! Cold calling up to 100 calls a day would lead to hitting your target for the pay period and leading to a high success rate and help another local business grow world wide. The culture of the company was the amazing part it made any individual feel a part of a family and was that much easier to grow with the company.
Pros
The growth any individual could do with the company, spiffs, schedule benefits, the culture
Cons
Traffic in Austin.
September 27, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! I’m so glad that while you were a part of our outstanding team, you were able to grow in your career and that you loved everything about working with us. I’m also grateful that you mentioned how important our mission is to us of helping local businesses thrive -- it’s what drives us every day and brings us closer together as we work hard on their behalf.

I want to wish you success you down your career path,
(Tom Calvert, SVP Sales)

Money driven business that tells you you're "helping"
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 19, 2018
You spend all day cold calling. If you don't make a deal by the end of your 1st month (out of training) then you're terminated (but they tell you that you have 3 months).
There aren't enough account managers to take on the number of new clients we bring on daily, and if you aren't getting any traction with your leads, you're left panicking about having a job.
Most everyone there is pretty gung ho about the social media product that we sell and saying they have "reverence for local businesses" but it's money driven.
The whole point is to make sales, and we use fear tactics and negotiation to push leads into becoming clients. I quit because it felt like a complete sham.
Benefits
September 27, 2018

Thanks for offering your feedback. I want to point out that at Main Street Hub, we take pride in our mission of helping local businesses discover community, which is the foundation of everything we do.

I want to point out that we don’t fire anyone at Main Street Hub for not closing deal within their first month, like your review states. On our Sales Team, we’re looking for team members who are ready to challenge themselves every day, set aggressive goals, and achieve them as they make an impact for small businesses. We bring people on board who will work hard and elevate their teammates to succeed, and because we offer abundant personal and professional development opportunities designed to help our reps further their careers, they’re seeing more success than ever and are staying on our team long term.

Thanks for the chance to offer my point of view.

Wishing you luck down your future career path,

High expectations, low compensation
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 22, 2018
This company learned how to lure in and take advantage of new college grads and their anxiety about joining the workforce. By having a fast-paced turnaround time, they push new grads to take positions with MSH for salaries approximately 10k under average, simply because they're the first company to extend an offer.

They tout values like "speaking up," yet when people bring valid criticisms to upper management, they're shot down and made to feel like they just aren't smart enough. Upper management has no clue what lower level employees must do day-to-day, and push more and more on their plates without increasing pay.

The hardest part of the job is knowing that maximizing profits is the most important thing. You as an employee are only worth so much, and the company does not hide this fact. There is no room for negotiating pay, raises, or bonuses. The lack of clear room for advancement also shows just how little this company values its employees.
April 26, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review.

I want to clarify a few points you made in your review for anyone reading this who might be considering being a part of our team. Our Community Managers are the voices of our customers and are a part of our Content Team -- a team full of creative, incredibly hard-working individuals, and we are so proud of their passion for and commitment to delivering amazing content for our customers.

Because we value their hard work and everything they do to create better and better content for our customers, we have implemented several growth opportunities for this team and innovated on our processes in order to ensure that they have the tools and time to be successful and execute the best possible work. We’re upfront about what success looks like, and we give every team member clear expectations for how they can grow and develop in their careers.

One of our seven core values is Speak Up, like you mentioned, and we define it by saying that we know candor and constructive dissent are critical to our success. In fact, it’s the insights we get from team members that make the biggest difference in how we innovate on our product, policies, and procedures. When it comes to any decisions we make, we make them with our values, our team, and our customers in mind -- to make sure we are furthering our mission with every business decision we make in order to better serve more small businesses across the country.

I want to thank you for your contributions while you were a part of our team and let you know that I appreciate the feedback that you  more... have offered in this review. I hope you were able to grow your skills while at Main Street Hub and that this experience will help advance your career forward elsewhere.

Please reach out if you have any other input.

--Jeff Mosler, COO

A good first experience right out of college
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 1, 2018
The way they have their app and service set up, you are over worked and customers are under delivered. Management doesn't have good managing skills and overlooks many of the needs of its employees. The culture is like being in high school again, where you always have someone looking over your shoulder, and the amount of gossip and office politics and drama is unreal. If you're looking for an entry-level first time office job, this place fits the bill, but be ready to start looking for another job 9 months later.
Pros
beer, coffee bar, group outings and happy hours, healthcare and dental, 401k
Cons
constantly over-worked, management
May 11, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. I’m glad that you pointed out that joining our team as a Community Manager is a great opportunity to start your career as a recent grad, but it’s also a great launching pad to accelerate your career and grow your skills. In fact, we have implemented several growth opportunities for this team and innovated on our processes in order to ensure that they have the tools and time to be successful and execute the best possible work.

Our Community Managers are the voices of our customers and are a part of our Content Team -- a team full of creative, incredibly hard-working individuals, and we are so proud of their passion for and commitment to delivering amazing content for our customers. Because we value their hard work and everything they do to create better and better content for our customers, we’re upfront about what success looks like, and we give every team member clear expectations for how they can grow and develop in their careers.

One of our seven core values is Speak Up, and it’s the insights we get from team members that make the biggest difference in how we innovate on our product, policies, and procedures. So, if you’d like to offer more input on your time at Main Street Hub, feel free to email me directly.

I want to thank you for your contributions while you were a part of our team, and I hope that this experience will help advance your career going forward.

--Jeff Mosler, COO

Uplifting and fun work environment for self starters comfortable cold-calling
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 11, 2018
Great benefits and work environment. Successful reps will be self starters who are willing to put in the extra time and effort to make sales. Ability to handle rejection well and maintain a positive mindset is crucial. Extremely helpful and motivating management. Not ideal for those uncomfortable with cold calling or going above and beyond to get desired results. Low salary but high rewards for those willing to go the extra mile outside of work hours and job requirements.
Pros
Positive environment, great management, good company values, Barista and snacks, Pretty downtown location
Cons
Salary on the lower-end/not sustainable if not making regular or consistent sales
February 12, 2018

Thanks for this review. I appreciate that you pointed out about our uplifting work environment and excellent benefits package at Main Street Hub. I also am grateful that you pointed out that being a part of our team requires a lot of hard work -- I agree with you -- our Reps who are self-starters and are ready to challenge themselves and set aggressive goals to succeed really thrive here. It sounds like you’re embracing the opportunities being a Sales Rep here can offer, and I’m looking forward to continuing working together to help more and more local businesses.

Please reach out directly if you have any other feedback.

All the best,
TC (Tom Calvert, SVP Sales)

Fun work environment and good benefits but mediocre pay
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 28, 2018
Everybody that works at Main Street Hub is very enthusiastic especially the trainers and managers. The day consists of cold calling local businesses and promoting the online media packages. Very repetitive and discouraging and base salary wasn't enough to live on month to month. Trainers, managers and work environment are all top notch. Cold calling is not for everybody. The base pay is the only major complaint.
Pros
generous PTO, upbeat and happy work environment
Cons
base salary, frustrating job responsibilities (cold calling)
April 3, 2018

I’m happy you highlighted our excellent trainers and managers. We invest in the development of our new hires with industry-leading training that ensures all reps get everything they need to be successful at Main Street Hub.

Thanks also for pointing out our compensation package. In addition to a base salary, we offer the opportunity to earn residuals and uncapped monthly commissions and reps can start earning commissions in their first month. We find that reps who are ready to work hard and set aggressive goals for success really thrive here.

Feel free to reach out if you have any further feedback.

Best,

Main Street Hustle
Inside Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 2, 2018
Cold call sales position, reaching out to brick and mortar businesses to sell online social media services for their company. Very difficult to make contact, set demos and ultimately sell the product. Those who just have that cold calling hustle succeed. Finding your voice and managing the process takes time and if you don't sell, you will run out of that time. They have excellent training and floor support. They celebrate the employees and company wins as a priority. Was good for the experience.
November 9, 2018

Thanks for this review. I agree with you -- cold calling can definitely be challenging, but our team is dedicated to fulfilling our mission of helping local businesses all over the country and supports and elevates another along the way.

I’m glad that you mentioned our excellent training process and supportive team members -- it’s great to hear that you enjoyed that our team celebrates our employees and their successes.

Wishing you all the best down your future career path,

Fun
Play by Play Broadcaster- High School Football (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 2, 2019
It was a really great and fun place to work, the harder you worked the better you can do. Management is fun and helps out a lot. Hard product to sell unless you pick up the phone
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
low pay
Fast-paced, high-volume workplace with good benefits but low compensation
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 15, 2017
Main Street Hub is a great place to start your career in tech and communications. There are a lot of opportunities for growth from the outset, but those begin to dwindle as you make your way forward. Carve out a place or get what growth you can and continue your career.
Pros
Great for entry level, good benefits, flexible scheduling
Cons
High risk for burnout, high volume of work, difficult to balance work and life, poor compensation
October 16, 2017

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. I’m glad that you noted how Main Street Hub fosters a supportive environment to start and grow your career. I also am grateful that you highlighted our excellent benefits package -- we offer 100% paid health insurance premiums, including 50% for dependents, and 401(k), not to mention incredible perks and 3 weeks of paid vacation, plus holidays.

We’re striving to create the best possible experience for our team members through training, professional development opportunities, team building and community service events, all so that we can do the best possible job on behalf of our customers.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you’d like to offer any further input.

Bad Management, People are in and out like a Revolving Door
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 18, 2017
Not a long-term gig. If you want to be valued and grow, this is not the place to start. It was a good to learn the basics of sales but the company treats you like a robot. You dial, speak on a script, and sell something that doesn't even work. We are told to tell potential customers lies about how we can improve their business, which is bad taste and just wrong. They don't live by their core values and they don't value people that have made it what it is today. They are a ticking time bomb and I would not let them trick you into thinking you are getting a great opportunity when the rest of the Austin Tech community looks down on this company.
Pros
met good people
Cons
Short breaks, bad benefits, high expectations without pay
August 22, 2017

I appreciate you taking the time to leave this review and am glad that you met great people in your time here. That said, I’d like to point out some areas where we disagree. First, at Main Street Hub, we value our employees’ and their growth above all. Our team and our culture are the foundation of everything we do, and we wouldn’t be able to help 10,000 local businesses all over the country without our incredible team. That’s why we provide an excellent benefits package, a competitive compensation package, professional development opportunities, unlimited support from managers and leaders, plus, the ultimate perk -- the opportunity to help local economies thrive.

Cold calling can be challenging work, but on every phone call, we are connecting with local business owners to tell them about our innovative product that takes managing their online presence off their plate -- for good. We are lucky to be able to make such an impact for the small businesses that are the backbone of their neighborhoods and communities, and we think working on our team is one of the best opportunities out there for people who want to be a part of something bigger than themselves as they grow their career.

If you have any other feedback you’d like to offer, feel free to reach out to me directly.

--TC
(Tom Calvert, SVP Sales)

Want to know more about Main Street Hub?

Ask a question
Rethink the Offer
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 6, 2018
The firm is a mess, social scandal within the firm, and a serious lack of leadership. This firm has market share, however the corporate culture is a problem.
October 8, 2018

Thanks for offering your feedback. I want to point out that at Main Street Hub, we take pride in our mission of helping local businesses discover community, which is the foundation of our culture and everything we do. I also want to highlight that we relocated our New York City team to Austin -- committing to our hometown of Austin to continue to grow and serve small businesses all over the world.

Thanks for the chance to offer my point of view.

(Tom Calvert, SVP Sales)

Great place to start in sales
Inside Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 28, 2018
- great training
-great management
-great culture
- lots of cold calling
Good management and training programs, lots of upward mobility and constantly product improvement.
Pros
Good culture
Cons
Low pay
July 3, 2018

Thank you for this review and for saying that being on our team is a good way to start in sales, accelerate your career, and hone your skills. It’s great to hear that in the time you were on our NYC Sales Team at Main Street Hub, you feel you were a part of our high-energy, welcoming culture and felt supported by our trainers and managers so that you could grow in your career here.

Wishing you all the best down your future career path,

Not a great company
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 29, 2018
MSH works as a temporary employer. Not a company you want to be at long term. Poor pay. High volume outbound sales. There are a million better sales jobs out there. Maybe it's different with GoDaddy as owners now. But if GoDaddy's shady business practices are any indication, I doubt it.
December 3, 2018

Thanks for your feedback. I want to point out that at Main Street Hub, we are setting our reps up to see success to grow and accelerate their careers. We give them the tools and training they need to grow both personally and professionally, and because of that, our dedicated, passionate reps are staying long term. We’re so proud of the strides we’ve made as a team, and I’m excited to see everything this team can do now that we’ve joined forces with GoDaddy.

If you have any other input, feel free to contact me directly.

--TC

Main Street Hub Good
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2017
Main Street Hub is a fine company. Low compensation which causes high turnover. Great management and culture. Working here is fast paced and one needs to be ready to dial and fight for their money. Not difficult once one gets the hang of it.
December 4, 2017

I appreciate you noting our excellent management and culture at Main Street Hub! I’m proud that you have been embracing the opportunity to help thousands of local businesses while working in our high-growth, high-energy environment. I also wanted to address your feedback about our compensation package and let any potential candidates reading this know that under our plan, sales reps have the opportunity to earn residuals and uncapped monthly commissions, and there is no quota -- you earn for every dollar you sell -- in addition to a base salary. It’s the best opportunity out there for reps who are ready to work hard on behalf of small businesses all over the country.

Today, our sales reps are making more than ever, and our new hire success rates are at record highs.

If you have any other feedback you’d like to offer, feel free to email me directly.

All the best,
TC (Tom Calvert, SVP Sales)

Lots of fun with an environment unlike any other
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 15, 2018
The work itself can be stressful and mentally exhausting if you are not accustomed to a cold calling kind of environment. However, the teams and management are absolutely unlike any other I've ever experienced. The company is rapidly growing and it is a wonderful culture. A typical day normally consists of calling business owners to try and set appointment times with them to partner up with them and help by selling the product. Throughout the day you hear music throughout the sales floor, friendly competition, daily spiffs, each team has a different team name and creative chant, when anyone makes a deal we go and ring the gong and it is very exciting and motivating!There are regular nerf dart wars across pods randomly and it really helps boost morale and brighten my day back up/ On top of all of that, we are also able to go and grab coffee with the inhouse barista that provides FREE coffee drinks, a snack, or even beer that's on tap (beer available AFTER work obviously), or even go play ping pong at any given point in time. For the ladies, there are feminine products provided in every bathroom (a huge plus)! This is an environment where one will need to be highly adaptable since management is constantly changing and career growth happens frequently throughout the company. Overall this is really more so for the team leaders (higher management is pretty consistent). This is a workplace unlike any other that I have ever been a part of and I find that even with the stress that occasionally hits of getting rejection all day long the environment, support, genuine values of the company,  more... and my team members are what ultimately makes this such a hard company to compete with. One thing I do like the most is that unlike most companies management does actually want the best for their peers and team members. Even if a better opportunity or something did come along they encourage you to grow as a human and in your career and are always willing to help you do so along the way. Again, the only downside is the stress of having to cold call and deal with rejection daily, but that is something you need to be prepared for in sales in general.  less
Pros
Environment, Management, Career Advancement, Benefits, Barista
Cons
Stressful Duties occassionally. That's about it.
Greatest Company Ever
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 1, 2018
I didn't intend to write a review but Indeed tricked me here haha

But since I'm here writing about my current job and how great it is, might as well keep going.

I LOVE this company and they have literally given me everything I could've dreamed of when I was looking for a new job. I have made amazing friends here, gained incredible mentors, and my sales acumen as increased every month I've been here.

They give you all the tools you need to be successful, the training team is a group of rock stars, that will make your first month so smooth, and the managers get the best out of everybody.

I couldn't honestly say a single bad thing about the company except that I think it's a very different world between the Sales team and the Account Management side of things. All I know is that the Sales team crushes it and has a blast doing it.
Pros
Kegs in the office, free snacks galore, free barista to make any coffee creation you want, dope music and atmosphere to work in
Cons
Pay could always be better haha not a true con
April 3, 2018

Thanks for this review! It’s so great to see how you’re embracing our culture and values at Main Street Hub. I’m glad you’re really enjoying being in your role as Sales Manager while working hard, hitting your goals, and supporting your team members. I appreciate that you mentioned that our managers and leaders give you the tools you need to be successful, and that our world-class training team prepared you well to thrive on our team. Keep challenging yourself and elevating others so we can help more and more local businesses together. Let’s go!

(Tom Calvert, SVP Sales)

Great place to work if you are passionate about growing and pushing yourself to your potential.
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 31, 2018
This is a very mentally exhausting role. If you want to succeed in this company you must be ready to work and put in 120% every day. the commission structure is uncapped with unlimited potential. Management is supportive and passionate about helping everyone. Not for the faint of heart if you are not ready to work and give it your all i suggest you look for something else.
Pros
free coffe bar, flexible schedule, positive environment, unlimited growth
Cons
downtown traffic and parking.
April 3, 2018

Thanks for this review. I appreciate that you pointed out our positive environment, unlimited growth, and great perks that we have here at Main Street Hub.

I’m grateful that you pointed out that being a part of our team requires a lot of hard work, but you have your supportive team members and managers elevating you to succeed every step of the way. It sounds like you really embraced the opportunity that being a Sales Rep at Main Street Hub can offer while you were here, and that you really gave it your all.

Wishing you the best of luck down your future career path.

Great perks...while they last
Social Media Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 9, 2012
If you're into high-pressure sales and enjoy cold-calling on the phones all day long from open to close then this job is for you! The environment is fun and really exciting to be a part of but the job itself is extremely stressful as you're not guaranteed to return the following month if you cant keep up with your numbers. Picture yourself talking to old-school business owners who (in most cases) don't understand social media or just plain don't want anything to do with it. Now try selling them over the phone with no tangible product. HARD, but the reward is tremendous. They offer great compensation packages and benefits. If you feel like you'll succeed in this high-volume, high-pressure sales environment then do it and I promise you'll have fun while you're there AND you'll definitely make some good money doing it.
Pros
compensation, benefits, fun environment, great culture
Cons
high turnover, low job security, high-stress, high-pressure
Fun Work Place and Very Helpful Managment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX 78701August 2, 2018
Great Place to work! Everyone there plays hard and works harder! Best thing to do while working here is have a constantly positive attitude! Managers and Co-workers alike do what they can to assure that every has the best day possible.
Pros
Free snacks, Ping Pong
Cons
No Parking
September 27, 2018

Thanks for this review! It’s great to hear that you worked hard and enjoyed being a part of our team at Main Street Hub. I’m glad that you mentioned that having a positive attitude is key to find success on our team and that you feel you were supported while working alongside your talented peers and leaders.

Wishing you all the best down your future career path!

Fun entry level job, but I'm not drinking the Kool-aid
Social Media Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 4, 2014
-Standards are high, and while the work-load is manageable, you've got to be organized in order to keep your head above water.
-Management is hands on and personable. Most of the team leads were promoted from the position you currently work, so they can empathize.
-Limited room to make an impact if you're not a senior.
-Workload repeats itself week after week after week.
-Communication between Account Management and Sales is practically non-existent. Within Account Management, communication between teams is minimal.
-Fun perks like happy hours and team bonding.
-Salary is very low. They don't pay for your parking downtown. You have to crawl along and do your time until you get promoted to senior, where your pay increases only nominally.
Pros
Happy hours, snacks, young and hip employees
Cons
Low salary, no parking, repetitive workload, limited room for influence

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Main Street Hub. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight