Main Street Hub Employee Reviews

Rethink the Offer
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 6, 2018
The firm is a mess, social scandal within the firm, and a serious lack of leadership. This firm has market share, however the corporate culture is a problem.
October 8, 2018

Thanks for offering your feedback. I want to point out that at Main Street Hub, we take pride in our mission of helping local businesses discover community, which is the foundation of our culture and everything we do. I also want to highlight that we relocated our New York City team to Austin -- committing to our hometown of Austin to continue to grow and serve small businesses all over the world.

(Tom Calvert, SVP Sales)

Money driven business that tells you you're "helping"
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 19, 2018
You spend all day cold calling. If you don't make a deal by the end of your 1st month (out of training) then you're terminated (but they tell you that you have 3 months).
There aren't enough account managers to take on the number of new clients we bring on daily, and if you aren't getting any traction with your leads, you're left panicking about having a job.
Most everyone there is pretty gung ho about the social media product that we sell and saying they have "reverence for local businesses" but it's money driven.
The whole point is to make sales, and we use fear tactics and negotiation to push leads into becoming clients. I quit because it felt like a complete sham.
Benefits
September 27, 2018

Thanks for offering your feedback. I want to point out that at Main Street Hub, we take pride in our mission of helping local businesses discover community, which is the foundation of everything we do.

I want to point out that we don’t fire anyone at Main Street Hub for not closing deal within their first month, like your review states. On our Sales Team, we’re looking for team members who are ready to challenge themselves every day, set aggressive goals, and achieve them as they make an impact for small businesses. We bring people on board who will work hard and elevate their teammates to succeed, and because we offer abundant personal and professional development opportunities designed to help our reps further their careers, they’re seeing more success than ever and are staying on our team long term.

(Tom Calvert, SVP Sales)

Being a part of a well outstanding company drove me to do better. I loved everything about the company and what it offered.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 14, 2018
Being a part of a wonderful company was a hung plus from the amenities to the work environment! Cold calling up to 100 calls a day would lead to hitting your target for the pay period and leading to a high success rate and help another local business grow world wide. The culture of the company was the amazing part it made any individual feel a part of a family and was that much easier to grow with the company.
Pros
The growth any individual could do with the company, spiffs, schedule benefits, the culture
Cons
Traffic in Austin.
September 27, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! I’m so glad that while you were a part of our outstanding team, you were able to grow in your career and that you loved everything about working with us. I’m also grateful that you mentioned how important our mission is to us of helping local businesses thrive -- it’s what drives us every day and brings us closer together as we work hard on their behalf.

I want to wish you success you down your career path,

Fun Work Place and Very Helpful Managment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX 78701August 2, 2018
Great Place to work! Everyone there plays hard and works harder! Best thing to do while working here is have a constantly positive attitude! Managers and Co-workers alike do what they can to assure that every has the best day possible.
Pros
Free snacks, Ping Pong
Cons
No Parking
September 27, 2018

Thanks for this review! It’s great to hear that you worked hard and enjoyed being a part of our team at Main Street Hub. I’m glad that you mentioned that having a positive attitude is key to find success on our team and that you feel you were supported while working alongside your talented peers and leaders.

Wishing you all the best down your future career path!

Great Culture, Great Leaders
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2018
I was lucky enough to have worked at Main Street Hub for over 1.5 years. I gained invaluable experience working with talented leaders in an embracing environment.
June 25, 2018

Thanks for this review! It’s great to hear that in the 1.5 years you spent at Main Street Hub, you feel you were able to hone your sales skills and gain invaluable experience working alongside your talented peers and leaders.

Wishing you all the best down your future career path!
(Tom Calvert, SVP Sales)

Flexible hours but work isn't guaranteed
Freelance Photographer (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 15, 2018
I got jobs through Main Street Hub I would have never gotten. Sometime I'd have 4-5 jobs each month and some months I have none. Overall would recommend.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Work is sporadic
June 25, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We’re glad that Main Street Hub has helped you get the opportunity to take great photos of local businesses in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

We value our partnership, and we’re excited to continue working with you!

Intense sales company
Marketing Consultant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2018
A high-energy, intense sales company! Beer kegs everywhere, music blasting away, millennials galore! Good incentives if one consistently met one's monthly quota.
Pros
Good incentives if monthly quota was consistently met
Cons
Micromanaging
May 22, 2018

Thanks for this review. I appreciate that you pointed out our high-energy work environment, culture, and incredible perks at Main Street Hub. I also am grateful that you pointed out that being a part of our team requires a lot of hard work -- I agree with you -- our Reps who are self-starters and are ready to challenge themselves and set aggressive goals to succeed really thrive here.

Amazing Company to work for
Recruiter (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 8, 2018
You feel very valued as an employee here. I am a contract employee and would love to go permanent. With the impending acquisition with Go Daddy, things feel a little open ended with how the switch over will go. I think there will be a lot of opportunity
Pros
Barista, Beer, High Fives, fun music and lots of energy
Cons
Unknown with aquisition
May 11, 2018

Thanks for this review! I’m proud to hear that you feel valued as an employee here at Main Street Hub, and that as a contractor, you’d be excited to join our team full-time. It’s such an exciting time to be on our team, and you’re right, new and exciting opportunities lie ahead. I can’t wait to see everything our team is going to accomplish together.

If you’d like to chat more, feel free to reach out directly.

Jeff Mosler, COO

A good first experience right out of college
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 1, 2018
The way they have their app and service set up, you are over worked and customers are under delivered. Management doesn't have good managing skills and overlooks many of the needs of its employees. The culture is like being in high school again, where you always have someone looking over your shoulder, and the amount of gossip and office politics and drama is unreal. If you're looking for an entry-level first time office job, this place fits the bill, but be ready to start looking for another job 9 months later.
Pros
beer, coffee bar, group outings and happy hours, healthcare and dental, 401k
Cons
constantly over-worked, management
May 11, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. I’m glad that you pointed out that joining our team as a Community Manager is a great opportunity to start your career as a recent grad, but it’s also a great launching pad to accelerate your career and grow your skills. In fact, we have implemented several growth opportunities for this team and innovated on our processes in order to ensure that they have the tools and time to be successful and execute the best possible work.

Our Community Managers are the voices of our customers and are a part of our Content Team -- a team full of creative, incredibly hard-working individuals, and we are so proud of their passion for and commitment to delivering amazing content for our customers. Because we value their hard work and everything they do to create better and better content for our customers, we’re upfront about what success looks like, and we give every team member clear expectations for how they can grow and develop in their careers.

One of our seven core values is Speak Up, and it’s the insights we get from team members that make the biggest difference in how we innovate on our product, policies, and procedures. So, if you’d like to offer more input on your time at Main Street Hub, feel free to email me directly.

I want to thank you for your contributions while you were a part of our team, and I hope that this experience will help advance your career going forward.

--Jeff Mosler, COO

High expectations, low compensation
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 22, 2018
This company learned how to lure in and take advantage of new college grads and their anxiety about joining the workforce. By having a fast-paced turnaround time, they push new grads to take positions with MSH for salaries approximately 10k under average, simply because they're the first company to extend an offer.

They tout values like "speaking up," yet when people bring valid criticisms to upper management, they're shot down and made to feel like they just aren't smart enough. Upper management has no clue what lower level employees must do day-to-day, and push more and more on their plates without increasing pay.

The hardest part of the job is knowing that maximizing profits is the most important thing. You as an employee are only worth so much, and the company does not hide this fact. There is no room for negotiating pay, raises, or bonuses. The lack of clear room for advancement also shows just how little this company values its employees.
April 26, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review.

I want to clarify a few points you made in your review for anyone reading this who might be considering being a part of our team. Our Community Managers are the voices of our customers and are a part of our Content Team -- a team full of creative, incredibly hard-working individuals, and we are so proud of their passion for and commitment to delivering amazing content for our customers.

Because we value their hard work and everything they do to create better and better content for our customers, we have implemented several growth opportunities for this team and innovated on our processes in order to ensure that they have the tools and time to be successful and execute the best possible work. We’re upfront about what success looks like, and we give every team member clear expectations for how they can grow and develop in their careers.

One of our seven core values is Speak Up, like you mentioned, and we define it by saying that we know candor and constructive dissent are critical to our success. In fact, it’s the insights we get from team members that make the biggest difference in how we innovate on our product, policies, and procedures. When it comes to any decisions we make, we make them with our values, our team, and our customers in mind -- to make sure we are furthering our mission with every business decision we make in order to better serve more small businesses across the country.

I want to thank you for your contributions while you were a part of our team and let you know that I appreciate the feedback that you  more... have offered in this review. I hope you were able to grow your skills while at Main Street Hub and that this experience will help advance your career forward elsewhere.

Please reach out if you have any other input.

--Jeff Mosler, COO

Want to know more about Main Street Hub?

Ask a question
Churn And Burn Culture
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 4, 2018
The training at MSH is absolutely fantastic and really makes you feel like you can make sales. However, once you get onto the sales floor the game changes and it is so cutthroat. The product wasn't great and it was difficult to sell since relationship building is not a part of the sales process. People come and leave so quickly that you can't really make friends at a company like that.
April 6, 2018

I appreciate you taking the time to leave this review. I wanted to point out that at Main Street Hub, we take pride in our culture, which is the foundation of everything we do. Our team members live our values every day, challenge themselves by setting aggressive goals, and work hard to achieve them.

I’m glad that you pointed out our incredible training and onboarding program, which gives every Sales Rep the tools they need to succeed. We do this by providing exceptional training and floor support to all of our hard working Sales Reps, and once they hit the sales floor, all of our team members have excellent leaders and managers elevating and supporting them to be successful as we work to help more and more local businesses.

I also want to talk about our product here. We’re incredibly proud of our product, which currently helps over 10K local business owners all over the country by taking their social media, online reviews, and email marketing off their plate, so they can get back to serving their communities. And we keep challenging ourselves to innovate on this product in order to improve the customer experience as a whole.

Greatest Company Ever
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 1, 2018
I didn't intend to write a review but Indeed tricked me here haha

But since I'm here writing about my current job and how great it is, might as well keep going.

I LOVE this company and they have literally given me everything I could've dreamed of when I was looking for a new job. I have made amazing friends here, gained incredible mentors, and my sales acumen as increased every month I've been here.

They give you all the tools you need to be successful, the training team is a group of rock stars, that will make your first month so smooth, and the managers get the best out of everybody.

I couldn't honestly say a single bad thing about the company except that I think it's a very different world between the Sales team and the Account Management side of things. All I know is that the Sales team crushes it and has a blast doing it.
Pros
Kegs in the office, free snacks galore, free barista to make any coffee creation you want, dope music and atmosphere to work in
Cons
Pay could always be better haha not a true con
April 3, 2018

Thanks for this review! It’s so great to see how you’re embracing our culture and values at Main Street Hub. I’m glad you’re really enjoying being in your role as Sales Manager while working hard, hitting your goals, and supporting your team members. I appreciate that you mentioned that our managers and leaders give you the tools you need to be successful, and that our world-class training team prepared you well to thrive on our team. Keep challenging yourself and elevating others so we can help more and more local businesses together. Let’s go!

(Tom Calvert, SVP Sales)

Great place to work if you are passionate about growing and pushing yourself to your potential.
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 31, 2018
This is a very mentally exhausting role. If you want to succeed in this company you must be ready to work and put in 120% every day. the commission structure is uncapped with unlimited potential. Management is supportive and passionate about helping everyone. Not for the faint of heart if you are not ready to work and give it your all i suggest you look for something else.
Pros
free coffe bar, flexible schedule, positive environment, unlimited growth
Cons
downtown traffic and parking.
April 3, 2018

Thanks for this review. I appreciate that you pointed out our positive environment, unlimited growth, and great perks that we have here at Main Street Hub.

I’m grateful that you pointed out that being a part of our team requires a lot of hard work, but you have your supportive team members and managers elevating you to succeed every step of the way. It sounds like you really embraced the opportunity that being a Sales Rep at Main Street Hub can offer while you were here, and that you really gave it your all.

Wishing you the best of luck down your future career path.

(Tom Calvert, SVP Sales)

Fun work environment and good benefits but mediocre pay
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 28, 2018
Everybody that works at Main Street Hub is very enthusiastic especially the trainers and managers. The day consists of cold calling local businesses and promoting the online media packages. Very repetitive and discouraging and base salary wasn't enough to live on month to month. Trainers, managers and work environment are all top notch. Cold calling is not for everybody. The base pay is the only major complaint.
Pros
generous PTO, upbeat and happy work environment
Cons
base salary, frustrating job responsibilities (cold calling)
April 3, 2018

I’m happy you highlighted our excellent trainers and managers. We invest in the development of our new hires with industry-leading training that ensures all reps get everything they need to be successful at Main Street Hub.

Thanks also for pointing out our compensation package. In addition to a base salary, we offer the opportunity to earn residuals and uncapped monthly commissions and reps can start earning commissions in their first month. We find that reps who are ready to work hard and set aggressive goals for success really thrive here.

Feel free to reach out if you have any further feedback.

Best,
(Tom Calvert, SVP Sales)

Good company to work for.
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 24, 2018
I work for Main Street Hub as a freelance Photographer. They always give a notice about shooting in advance. Easy to communicate with any questions, easy to get paid.
Pros
Great fit to my schedule
Cons
Wish they can provide more job in my area
March 27, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We’re glad to hear that you are enjoying working alongside our team and that you have been valuing their communication skills and professionalism as we work together to help local businesses.

We value our partnership, and we’re excited to continue working with you!

Amazing Core Values and Management
Marketing Consultant/ Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 20, 2018
The culture is amazing. The hardest part of the job is the job...however you have the most supportive team and management by your side, which is the most enjoyable part.
Pros
Supportive team, Snacks, Peers, Upper management
Cons
Short sale cycles so can be stressful
March 27, 2018

Thanks for this review! I appreciate that you pointed out our amazing culture and core values at Main Street Hub. We live our values every day as we work hard on behalf of local businesses. I also am grateful that you pointed out that being a part of our team requires a lot of hard work, but you have your supportive team members and managers elevating you to succeed every step of the way. It sounds like you really embraced the opportunity that being a Sales Rep at Main Street Hub can offer while you were here, and I want to wish you luck down your future career path!

(Tom Calvert, SVP Sales)

Lots of fun with an environment unlike any other
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 15, 2018
The work itself can be stressful and mentally exhausting if you are not accustomed to a cold calling kind of environment. However, the teams and management are absolutely unlike any other I've ever experienced. The company is rapidly growing and it is a wonderful culture. A typical day normally consists of calling business owners to try and set appointment times with them to partner up with them and help by selling the product. Throughout the day you hear music throughout the sales floor, friendly competition, daily spiffs, each team has a different team name and creative chant, when anyone makes a deal we go and ring the gong and it is very exciting and motivating!There are regular nerf dart wars across pods randomly and it really helps boost morale and brighten my day back up/ On top of all of that, we are also able to go and grab coffee with the inhouse barista that provides FREE coffee drinks, a snack, or even beer that's on tap (beer available AFTER work obviously), or even go play ping pong at any given point in time. For the ladies, there are feminine products provided in every bathroom (a huge plus)! This is an environment where one will need to be highly adaptable since management is constantly changing and career growth happens frequently throughout the company. Overall this is really more so for the team leaders (higher management is pretty consistent). This is a workplace unlike any other that I have ever been a part of and I find that even with the stress that occasionally hits of getting rejection all day long the environment, support, genuine values of the company,  more... and my team members are what ultimately makes this such a hard company to compete with. One thing I do like the most is that unlike most companies management does actually want the best for their peers and team members. Even if a better opportunity or something did come along they encourage you to grow as a human and in your career and are always willing to help you do so along the way. Again, the only downside is the stress of having to cold call and deal with rejection daily, but that is something you need to be prepared for in sales in general.  less
Pros
Environment, Management, Career Advancement, Benefits, Barista
Cons
Stressful Duties occassionally. That's about it.
Uplifting and fun work environment for self starters comfortable cold-calling
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 11, 2018
Great benefits and work environment. Successful reps will be self starters who are willing to put in the extra time and effort to make sales. Ability to handle rejection well and maintain a positive mindset is crucial. Extremely helpful and motivating management. Not ideal for those uncomfortable with cold calling or going above and beyond to get desired results. Low salary but high rewards for those willing to go the extra mile outside of work hours and job requirements.
Pros
Positive environment, great management, good company values, Barista and snacks, Pretty downtown location
Cons
Salary on the lower-end/not sustainable if not making regular or consistent sales
February 12, 2018

Thanks for this review. I appreciate that you pointed out about our uplifting work environment and excellent benefits package at Main Street Hub. I also am grateful that you pointed out that being a part of our team requires a lot of hard work -- I agree with you -- our Reps who are self-starters and are ready to challenge themselves and set aggressive goals to succeed really thrive here. It sounds like you’re embracing the opportunities being a Sales Rep here can offer, and I’m looking forward to continuing working together to help more and more local businesses.

Please reach out directly if you have any other feedback.

All the best,
TC (Tom Calvert, SVP Sales)

A place to get your teeth cut (At least Sales)
Marketing Consultant (Inside Sales) (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 23, 2018
Company is split into two sections, Administrative and Sales. The sales side is a good place to get your wings in a sales role but a terrible place to work long term. Good for new grads not good for working professionals.
January 24, 2018

I appreciate that you mentioned that working on our team is a a great opportunity for recent college grads. Our Sales Representative role is entry-level, and an excellent way for a person who is new to the workforce to jump in and accelerate their career, but once a candidate is hired as a Rep, he or she also has abundant opportunities to grow both personally and professionally on our team. In fact, our reps are earning more, growing faster, and building their careers more successfully than ever before -- staying with Main Street Hub long term. We are proud to have been named one of ABJ’s Best Places to Work, one of Austin Inno’s Coolest Companies, and one of the Top Workplaces by Austin American-Statesman -- which are all honors we receive based on survey responses from our team.

We’ve found that team members who are ready to work hard and raise their hands to take on the challenge of new opportunities really thrive here.

If you have any other feedback you’d like to offer, feel free to reach out to me directly.

--TC
(Tom Calvert, SVP Sales)

Productive work place with great energy at all times.
Marketing Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 15, 2018
I loved the energy in the work place and everyday was a new challenge, consistency is key for this job. Daily competitions were the best. Comfortable work space.
Pros
Stress free environment. Helpful leaders.
Cons
Better leads are needed.
January 16, 2018

I’m so glad that in your time on our team, you loved the energy of our work environment and that you enjoyed taking on new challenges under the leadership of our fantastic managers. I want to wish you the best of luck in your future career, and please reach out to me directly if you have any other feedback.

All the best,
TC (Tom Calvert, SVP Sales)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Main Street Hub. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight