Main Street Hub Employee Reviews

Greatest Company Ever
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 1, 2018
I didn't intend to write a review but Indeed tricked me here haha

But since I'm here writing about my current job and how great it is, might as well keep going.

I LOVE this company and they have literally given me everything I could've dreamed of when I was looking for a new job. I have made amazing friends here, gained incredible mentors, and my sales acumen as increased every month I've been here.

They give you all the tools you need to be successful, the training team is a group of rock stars, that will make your first month so smooth, and the managers get the best out of everybody.

I couldn't honestly say a single bad thing about the company except that I think it's a very different world between the Sales team and the Account Management side of things. All I know is that the Sales team crushes it and has a blast doing it.
Pros
Kegs in the office, free snacks galore, free barista to make any coffee creation you want, dope music and atmosphere to work in
Cons
Pay could always be better haha not a true con
April 3, 2018

Thanks for this review! It’s so great to see how you’re embracing our culture and values at Main Street Hub. I’m glad you’re really enjoying being in your role as Sales Manager while working hard, hitting your goals, and supporting your team members. I appreciate that you mentioned that our managers and leaders give you the tools you need to be successful, and that our world-class training team prepared you well to thrive on our team. Keep challenging yourself and elevating others so we can help more and more local businesses together. Let’s go!

(Tom Calvert, SVP Sales)

Great place to work if you are passionate about growing and pushing yourself to your potential.
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 31, 2018
This is a very mentally exhausting role. If you want to succeed in this company you must be ready to work and put in 120% every day. the commission structure is uncapped with unlimited potential. Management is supportive and passionate about helping everyone. Not for the faint of heart if you are not ready to work and give it your all i suggest you look for something else.
Pros
free coffe bar, flexible schedule, positive environment, unlimited growth
Cons
downtown traffic and parking.
April 3, 2018

Thanks for this review. I appreciate that you pointed out our positive environment, unlimited growth, and great perks that we have here at Main Street Hub.

I’m grateful that you pointed out that being a part of our team requires a lot of hard work, but you have your supportive team members and managers elevating you to succeed every step of the way. It sounds like you really embraced the opportunity that being a Sales Rep at Main Street Hub can offer while you were here, and that you really gave it your all.

Wishing you the best of luck down your future career path.

(Tom Calvert, SVP Sales)

Fun work environment and good benefits but mediocre pay
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 28, 2018
Everybody that works at Main Street Hub is very enthusiastic especially the trainers and managers. The day consists of cold calling local businesses and promoting the online media packages. Very repetitive and discouraging and base salary wasn't enough to live on month to month. Trainers, managers and work environment are all top notch. Cold calling is not for everybody. The base pay is the only major complaint.
Pros
generous PTO, upbeat and happy work environment
Cons
base salary, frustrating job responsibilities (cold calling)
April 3, 2018

I’m happy you highlighted our excellent trainers and managers. We invest in the development of our new hires with industry-leading training that ensures all reps get everything they need to be successful at Main Street Hub.

Thanks also for pointing out our compensation package. In addition to a base salary, we offer the opportunity to earn residuals and uncapped monthly commissions and reps can start earning commissions in their first month. We find that reps who are ready to work hard and set aggressive goals for success really thrive here.

Feel free to reach out if you have any further feedback.

(Tom Calvert, SVP Sales)

Good company to work for.
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 24, 2018
I work for Main Street Hub as a freelance Photographer. They always give a notice about shooting in advance. Easy to communicate with any questions, easy to get paid.
Pros
Great fit to my schedule
Cons
Wish they can provide more job in my area
March 27, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We’re glad to hear that you are enjoying working alongside our team and that you have been valuing their communication skills and professionalism as we work together to help local businesses.

We value our partnership, and we’re excited to continue working with you!

Amazing Core Values and Management
Marketing Consultant/ Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 20, 2018
The culture is amazing. The hardest part of the job is the job...however you have the most supportive team and management by your side, which is the most enjoyable part.
Pros
Supportive team, Snacks, Peers, Upper management
Cons
Short sale cycles so can be stressful
March 27, 2018

Thanks for this review! I appreciate that you pointed out our amazing culture and core values at Main Street Hub. We live our values every day as we work hard on behalf of local businesses. I also am grateful that you pointed out that being a part of our team requires a lot of hard work, but you have your supportive team members and managers elevating you to succeed every step of the way. It sounds like you really embraced the opportunity that being a Sales Rep at Main Street Hub can offer while you were here, and I want to wish you luck down your future career path!

(Tom Calvert, SVP Sales)

Uplifting and fun work environment for self starters comfortable cold-calling
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 11, 2018
Great benefits and work environment. Successful reps will be self starters who are willing to put in the extra time and effort to make sales. Ability to handle rejection well and maintain a positive mindset is crucial. Extremely helpful and motivating management. Not ideal for those uncomfortable with cold calling or going above and beyond to get desired results. Low salary but high rewards for those willing to go the extra mile outside of work hours and job requirements.
Pros
Positive environment, great management, good company values, Barista and snacks, Pretty downtown location
Cons
Salary on the lower-end/not sustainable if not making regular or consistent sales
February 12, 2018

Thanks for this review. I appreciate that you pointed out about our uplifting work environment and excellent benefits package at Main Street Hub. I also am grateful that you pointed out that being a part of our team requires a lot of hard work -- I agree with you -- our Reps who are self-starters and are ready to challenge themselves and set aggressive goals to succeed really thrive here. It sounds like you’re embracing the opportunities being a Sales Rep here can offer, and I’m looking forward to continuing working together to help more and more local businesses.

Please reach out directly if you have any other feedback.

TC (Tom Calvert, SVP Sales)

A place to get your teeth cut (At least Sales)
Marketing Consultant (Inside Sales) (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 23, 2018
Company is split into two sections, Administrative and Sales. The sales side is a good place to get your wings in a sales role but a terrible place to work long term. Good for new grads not good for working professionals.
January 24, 2018

I appreciate that you mentioned that working on our team is a a great opportunity for recent college grads. Our Sales Representative role is entry-level, and an excellent way for a person who is new to the workforce to jump in and accelerate their career, but once a candidate is hired as a Rep, he or she also has abundant opportunities to grow both personally and professionally on our team. In fact, our reps are earning more, growing faster, and building their careers more successfully than ever before -- staying with Main Street Hub long term. We are proud to have been named one of ABJ’s Best Places to Work, one of Austin Inno’s Coolest Companies, and one of the Top Workplaces by Austin American-Statesman -- which are all honors we receive based on survey responses from our team.

We’ve found that team members who are ready to work hard and raise their hands to take on the challenge of new opportunities really thrive here.

If you have any other feedback you’d like to offer, feel free to reach out to me directly.

--TC
(Tom Calvert, SVP Sales)

Productive work place with great energy at all times.
Marketing Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 15, 2018
I loved the energy in the work place and everyday was a new challenge, consistency is key for this job. Daily competitions were the best. Comfortable work space.
Pros
Stress free environment. Helpful leaders.
Cons
Better leads are needed.
January 16, 2018

I’m so glad that in your time on our team, you loved the energy of our work environment and that you enjoyed taking on new challenges under the leadership of our fantastic managers. I want to wish you the best of luck in your future career, and please reach out to me directly if you have any other feedback.

TC (Tom Calvert, SVP Sales)

As a whole work to be done
Senior Customer Success Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 28, 2017
There were some nice perks but they're growing too fast and sacrificing customer experience to keep as many customers as they can. Struggle to deliver on promises.
January 2, 2018

I appreciate that you mentioned our perks -- we do have an incredible benefits package, including 100% paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees, plus 50% of premiums paid for dependents, 3 weeks paid time off, 401(k), and free snacks and drinks. But what we consider to be the biggest perk is getting to help small business owners all over the country. You’re right, we’re growing fast -- hitting a major milestone of serving 10,000 customers this year, but we grow responsibly, iterating and innovating on our product and customer experience to provide the best possible experience for all of our customers. It’s why we launched our professional photography network and new small business branding tools earlier this year -- to do what no other company has done for local businesses so they can thrive and serve their communities.

That said, I would be grateful for any other input you’d like to offer, so don’t hesitate to email me directly if you’d like to chat more.

gppd place to work
Internal Sales Rep & Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 27, 2017
Lots of energy from co-workers and leadership.

Skills learned here easily transfer to other realms.

The culture is very positive.

Cold calling is something that you find out quickly whether you are good at or not
January 2, 2018

I’m grateful for your words about our positive culture, enthusiastic teammates and leaders, and skill development at Main Street Hub. It sounds like you’re really embracing the opportunities being a Sales Rep here can offer, and I’m looking forward to working together to help more and more small businesses.

Please reach out directly if you have any other feedback for us.

Fast-paced and Competitive. Collaborative work culture
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 26, 2017
I truly enjoyed working at Main Street Hub. The Management team was excellent as was the training program. The only thing I would say that this company lacked was career advancement.
Pros
PTO. Great leadership.
Cons
High quotas each month. Lack of career advancement.
December 28, 2017

Thank you for this review. It’s great to hear that you really enjoyed being a part of our team and that you felt so supported by our excellent management and leadership teams in your time here. I am surprised to hear your feedback, however, about our professional growth opportunities. Working on the Main Street Hub Team opens up a great deal of opportunity to grow and develop your skills. Reps have the opportunity to advance as managers and floor support managers, and we have implemented a leadership development program to support our reps along their career path here at Main Street Hub and beyond.

Thanks again for the review and the chance to offer my perspective.

Wishing you all the best in your future career path,

(Tom Calvert, SVP Sales)

It's okay, but you're definitely stuck.
Email Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 9, 2017
The company itself really doesn't care about delivery a quality product, and it also doesn't care about the well being or advancement of its' employees. It has truly tanked and people have no ability to even learn skills that would be helpful for a future career.
December 12, 2017

Thanks for taking the time to give us this feedback. I’m surprised to hear how you talk about our product, however, since in the past year alone, our team’s efforts and discoveries have led to the build out of our nationwide network of freelance photographers to provide new customers with a professional photo shoot, professionally-designed, branded email campaigns to provide the most effective email marketing strategy for our customers, and personalized touch points that invite and encourage collaboration with our customers: our Brand Kit, which showcases of the customer’s online identity; our Marketing Kit, which details their content plan; and a Performance Kit, which provides a quantitative analysis of their online performance. With these new products, every team member at Main Street Hub can continue dedicating the time upfront to get to know our customers, understand what makes them unique, and authentically represent them online.

I also wanted to discuss Main Street Hub’s professional development opportunities. The company was founded on the principle that anyone who wants to contribute can do so, they just need to raise their hand, Speak Up (which is one of our core values), and work hard, so that we all can do better work on behalf of our customers.

I would be happy to discuss these matters in more detail, so don’t hesitate to reach out and get some time on my calendar.

Main Street Hub Good
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2017
Main Street Hub is a fine company. Low compensation which causes high turnover. Great management and culture. Working here is fast paced and one needs to be ready to dial and fight for their money. Not difficult once one gets the hang of it.
December 4, 2017

I appreciate you noting our excellent management and culture at Main Street Hub! I’m proud that you have been embracing the opportunity to help thousands of local businesses while working in our high-growth, high-energy environment. I also wanted to address your feedback about our compensation package and let any potential candidates reading this know that under our plan, sales reps have the opportunity to earn residuals and uncapped monthly commissions, and there is no quota -- you earn for every dollar you sell -- in addition to a base salary. It’s the best opportunity out there for reps who are ready to work hard on behalf of small businesses all over the country.

Today, our sales reps are making more than ever, and our new hire success rates are at record highs.

If you have any other feedback you’d like to offer, feel free to email me directly.

Great Entry Job
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10018November 21, 2017
If this is your first job out of College: this is the way to go if you have experience you may want to be in a more professional environment. Majority of the employees are new to the workforce however it is a great culture and extremely diverse, many of skills can be developed there.
Pros
Free snacks, great atmosphere
Cons
Commission driven, very repetitive
November 27, 2017

Thanks for leaving this review. I’m grateful that you pointed out our incredible culture and that joining our team is a great place to start as a recent college grad to develop your skills and accelerate your career. I want to highlight also that once a candidate is hired as a sale rep, he or she has abundant opportunities to grow both personally and professionally on our team. We have found that Sales Reps who are ready to work hard and raise their hands to take on the challenge of new opportunities really thrive here.

Wishing you luck down your future career path,

TC (Tom Calvert, SVP Sales)

Productive place with ping pong table
Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 9, 2017
Great company! My time there was great. Surrounded by people who cared about your growth. Management could use more training. Made some really great friends!
November 10, 2017

I’m glad you had such a great experience working at Main Street Hub on our Austin Sales Team. It’s also great to hear that you feel you were supported by managers and teammates who elevated you and supported your growth and development. We have a world-class team and I look forward to seeing everything we will accomplish as we work hard for local businesses all over the country.

Wishing you all the best in your future endeavors,

Great environment
Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2017
This is definitely not the easiest role due to the competition in the sector and depending on the value built but this company definitely provides sufficient training, there is an amazing culture that they have created and you will learn a lot.
October 26, 2017

I appreciate you noting our upbeat, high-energy work environment at Main Street Hub. We’re proud to foster an environment that makes people want to come to work every day and work hard as their teammates and managers elevate and support each other. We’re passionate about helping local businesses succeed, and we can only do that because of our strong cultural foundation.

Hard work pays off
Specialty Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 24, 2017
MSH provides great training and a clear path for advancement. The culture is amazing and the people there are wonderful for the most part. Upper management could serve the company better by being more transparent with it's people.
October 26, 2017

Thank you for this review! I’m glad that you noted our incredible training and onboarding process and that hard work pays off at Main Street Hub. One of our core values is Challenge Ourselves -- we commit ourselves to continuously improving our performance and pushing through our comfort barriers as we work hard for the local businesses that do so much for their communities. Our values, our mission, our team, and our focus on our customers is what makes our culture so great.

Feel free to reach out if you have any other feedback,

Work hard play hard
Senior Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2017
It was a great experience but time for a change. The managers and reps are all amazing people and so helpful and supportive. I look forward to applying everything I learned from Main Street Hub into other sales roles as well.
October 18, 2017

I’m so glad you had a great experience working at Main Street Hub. It’s awesome to hear how you talk about your talented managers and colleagues, and I know the skills you learned here will help you down your future career path.

I want to wish you the best of luck in all of your future endeavors!

(Tom Calvert, SVP Sales)

Fast-paced, high-volume workplace with good benefits but low compensation
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 15, 2017
Main Street Hub is a great place to start your career in tech and communications. There are a lot of opportunities for growth from the outset, but those begin to dwindle as you make your way forward. Carve out a place or get what growth you can and continue your career.
Pros
Great for entry level, good benefits, flexible scheduling
Cons
High risk for burnout, high volume of work, difficult to balance work and life, poor compensation
October 16, 2017

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. I’m glad that you noted how Main Street Hub fosters a supportive environment to start and grow your career. I also am grateful that you highlighted our excellent benefits package -- we offer 100% paid health insurance premiums, including 50% for dependents, and 401(k), not to mention incredible perks and 3 weeks of paid vacation, plus holidays.

We’re striving to create the best possible experience for our team members through training, professional development opportunities, team building and community service events, all so that we can do the best possible job on behalf of our customers.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you’d like to offer any further input.

--Jeff Mosler, COO

Entry level sales job
SENIOR MARKETING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 11, 2017
MSH was a great entry level job with a fun culture.
It is a sales job so showing up early and staying late is not required but to hit number was suggested.
October 12, 2017

Thanks for noting that this is a great job to start accelerating your career -- working on the Main Street Hub Team opens up a great deal of opportunity to grow and develop your skills. We have several professional growth opportunities in place and have implemented a leadership development program to support our reps along their career path here at Main Street Hub and beyond. I also appreciate you noting that our Reps work hard here to hit their goals and make an impact for local heroes all over the country.

If you have any other input, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

(Tom Calvert, SVP Sales)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Main Street Hub. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

2.9Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight