Main Street Renewal LLC Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
My favorite job to date
Support Center (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 30, 2018
Main Street Renewal has been the best environment I have ever had the pleasure of working in. The people are all nice and really get along, the leadership does a great job of being involved and understanding, and everything just really seems to work well here. I am also excited about the summer bash that is coming up!
Pros
Snacks, free catered lunch on Friday, great health insurance
July 2, 2018

We’re glad that you are having such a great experience on the Main Street Renewal team! At MSR, we care for each other, our partners, and our customers by fostering a culture of transparency, trust, and empowerment. Thank you for your positive review!

Terrible Leadership
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 26, 2018
There are some good people here. Great people, even. Unfortunately that's completely overshadowed by immature leadership leading to a toxic and hostile work environment. You'll work weekends for nonsensical timelines and be blamed the minute anything goes wrong. People will slam doors in your face and purposely break things to spite you. And upper management will tell you that it's your fault for not working with them better.
Pros
snacks
Cons
no 401k match, terrible-looking office space, constant fear of coworkers
June 27, 2018

We're sorry to hear you experienced this. We strive to make sure all employees feel they are valued, treated fairly, and respected. Our culture is of the utmost importance to our mission and growth. If you are experiencing a hostile work environment, we do recommend that you have a conversation with HR so they can address your concerns.

As an aside, we do provide 401k matching. If you are unsure of how the 401k program works, that would also be a good conversation to have with our HR team.

Great Company, Great Team
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 15, 2018
The Leadership Team is completely in touch with the business. This is by far the most employee friendly company that I have worked in. Professional, hard working, top notch employees. Management does a great job encouraging free thought and not micromanaging employees. Convenient casual dress code and great perks including free parking, free snacks and beverages and catered lunch on Fridays.
Pros
Free snacks and drinks, catered lunch on Fridays, great PTO, casual dress code
Cons
Long commute depending on where you live
June 18, 2018

Thank you for your wonderful review! Main Street Renewal is committed to our employees, residents, and vendors alike, so we thrilled that you have experienced the effects of these commitments.

Onward & Upward
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 15, 2018
The company is still in its early stages of growth, and is subsequently experiencing the growing pains all organizations experience at this stage of operations. The thing that attracted me to MSR in the first place, is the obvious drive to improve, and that is a constant and evolving condition that is fully anticipated and embraced by everyone throughout the organization.

Perfection is a little ways off, but the team is clearly committed to achieving greatness as a company, and it is fun to be a part of the learning and growing that accompanies operating in a relatively new real estate sector.

If you are seeking to advance your skills, and meet and work with some great folks... you should definitely explore an opportunity with Main Street Renewal.
Pros
Participation and involvement in the defining of a company charter.
Cons
Change is inevitable, you have to be adaptive in the change in order to succeed as an individual, and as a company.
June 18, 2018

Thanks for your great feedback. We are constantly expanding, and we plan to maintain a strong commitment to our values as we grow. When MSR works together as a team, we are driven to work harder and do what it takes to create exceptional outcomes. We appreciate you being a part of that team and taking the time to share your experience.

Traveling superintendent
Traveling Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 8, 2018
I interviewed with these people, and the ad said traveling super. I have traveling super experience, but with these folks you have to live in the area described in the ad. Face it they are looking for contractors to hold the license , and grow thier business
Pros
Do not apply
Cons
Poor management
June 11, 2018

We apologize that this was your experience. Our core values as a company are promise to our teammates and commitment to our customers, and we aim to always be aligned with these values. In order to stay true to these values, we need for our traveling supers to be centralized near the metro area described in the job posting, because that is where this position will train, report to, and operate in - when traveling is not occurring. We strive to be transparent and informative in describing these needs in our job postings. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Main Street as an Employer
Regional Acquisition Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 7, 2018
Smart, progressive company that is willing to take chances and is on the cutting edge of technology, infrastructure and foresight. Nothing but a pleasure to be associated with this group for my first 90 days of employment here in Dallas, TX. Looking forward to a long and productive career being associated with some of the best minds in the single family real estate investment space today.
Pros
Flexibility and Empowerment
Cons
We can't buy every house :)
June 11, 2018

As you mentioned, our company is determined to work smarter, utilizing great tools and technology to create an excellent experience for our residents. In order to provide world-class service to our partners and residents, we hire the most talented and passionate individuals who enjoy contributing to a growing, winning team focused. We appreciate you taking the time to make a review and being a part of this growing team!

Growing company, wonderful people, great culture
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 7, 2018
My leadership within HR is great including the Talent Acquisition Director and VP of HR. The company offers a casual laid back feel while still being fast paced and productive. The health insurance is great while still keeping the premiums extremely low. Free snacks and drinks never hurt as well as a catered lunch on Friday for the office.

The people that I work with are friendly and have a great sense of humor - something that I find very valuable. The leaders are approachable and we place a high importance on hiring not only qualified individuals, but people that have great character and care about others.

The continued growth of the company provides opportunities for our employees to grow, succeed and further their careers.
Pros
People, casual environment, health benefits, work/life balance, management
Cons
None at this time
June 11, 2018

We’re glad that you are having such a positive experience! At Main Street Renewal, we care for each other, our partners, and our customers by fostering a culture of transparency, trust, and empowerment. Part of this care includes ensuring that our employees have access to affordable, quality health insurance as well as the opportunity and support they need to develop their careers. Thank you for your detailed review.

A Great Place to Work
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 4, 2018
I have been very impressed by both the growth and company culture at Main Street Renewal. I have been here nearly two months now and my experience here has been wonderful so far. As far as the culture goes, everyone is so nice to each other, the dress code is relaxed, and people really make an effort to get to know each other. The free catered Friday lunches and free sodas/snacks are a plus as well! I also appreciate the attention to having a work/life balance.
Pros
Catered lunch on Fridays, free snacks/sodas/coffee/tea, casual environment, great insurance
Cons
No cons
June 6, 2018

Thanks for your positive feedback. Our company culture does permeate throughout MSR, and we are focused on maintaining it as we grow. Our commitment to our values, and as an extension to that, our employees, has helped us maintain that commitment as we grow. We wish you all the best with your employment at Main Street Renewal!

Bad Business, Worse Leadership
Portfolio Strategeist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 28, 2018
This is a company whose entire purpose, as a buesiness, is to break even. Never more, never less. Everyone is there for a paycheck. seriously one of the most depressing (from a human perspective) offices I ever worked in.
June 5, 2018

We apologize that this was your experience. Our values as a company include both promise to our teammates and commitment to our customers, and we strive to always be aligned with these values. At Main Street Renewal, we are passionate about what we do and culture is of the utmost importance to our mission and growth. Thank you for your feedback.

Nepotism, Poor Management
Peon (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 23, 2018
Fishbowl work environment
Management only cares about themselves and the peons that cater to them
Work your butt off and no recognition
Have to kiss a## to get ahead
Pros
Free Lunches, snacks, drinks
Cons
commute, management
June 5, 2018

We apologize that this was your experience. We strive to provide an environment where our employees feel they’re valued, treated fairly, and respected. Thank you for your feedback.

Want to know more about Main Street Renewal LLC?

Ask a question
Chaos! Run away unless you like chaos and backstabbing
Resident Support (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAApril 26, 2018
This place has some great things going for it and a lot more bad things. Get ready for stress that comes from poor business practices and poor management. Pure chaos everyday!
Team oriented company
Free lunches and snacks
Paid holidays
Fun company
Racist and homophobic environment
No blacks in upper management just at the local branches!
Pros
Used to have lots of free food and snacks, over-time, paid holudays
Cons
Disorganized, No processes in place, chaotic, poor business practices
June 5, 2018

We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience. Main Street Renewal is committed to not only our residents, but to our employees. Because taking care of employees is one of our core values, we’re always looking for ways to ensure all of our employees have equal access to growth and development opportunities. We strive to provide an environment where our employees feel they’re valued, treated fairly and respected.Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Great place to work for
Superintendent of Construction (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLApril 17, 2018
Main Street Renewal is a great place to work! You are challenged every day and you definitely learn a lot. Training and meetings every week help you when new ideas are made with the company.
Benefits
Cons
Communication
June 5, 2018

We appreciate your positive feedback! We do like to challenge our employees because we are confident that we hire the most talented and passionate individuals who enjoy contributing to a growing, winning team.

Never ever work here ever
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  AlabamaMarch 21, 2018
I would never recommend this company to work at. The pay is HORRIBLE and commision is not designated properly. Its all lies. Every single bit from day one. Open is not possible even the slightest because lying to upper management is better. This company is DISGUSTING to live in and work environment is absolutely HORRIBLE conditions. No one should have to walk on egg shells to complete their work off the clock behind managments back so they can keep their job.
Pros
Benefits decent
Cons
Pay sucks, managment sucks, poorly ran, no one cares, commison not properly given.
June 5, 2018

We're sorry to hear you experienced this. We strive to provide an environment where our employees feel they’re valued, treated fairly, and respected. When we receive feedback that seems to be in conflict with that, we don’t take it lightly. Thank you for your feedback.

They need some help
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMarch 18, 2018
My manager was overbearing and allowed no opportunity to think for yourself. They distrusted everything you say and spent a lot of time trying to catch you doing something wrong. They were understaffed and had high turnover rate and after working there just a short time, I had to leave. It was understandable as to why their turnover was so high. I was the only one my manager had to supervise and was expected to make up for the 2 missing PM's.
Pros
Nice equipment, truck
Cons
Everything else
June 5, 2018

We read every comment, and are so sorry to hear this was your experience. We strive to always maintain our core values, which are promise to our teammates and commitment to our customers. Promise to our teammates means that we make every effort to empower and trust each team member to deliver great outcomes and provide our teammates with tools and training to become experts at their craft. Thank you for your detailed feedback.

Cut throat
Management (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 26, 2018
Management works you over 60 hours and when you start to drop down to 45-50, they start to make your life miserable to get you to leave. Promotions are through who you know. I've witnessed admins become VP in a year. HR is not your friend. I've seen people that have gone to HR for help and up getting let go. If you fly under the radar, you may survive.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Work until you drop
Poor Management
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  N Arlington, NJFebruary 7, 2018
Back stabbing, two faced, fake, rude, top dog can’t go down and no one will speak up. People fired just because and people do things out of retaliation. Your “position” job title for the day or week or hr could change and management knows the plan they set for YOU before you know. Sit and listen first 2 weeks friend no one.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Managers, pay, baby sitters
June 5, 2018

We apologize that you had an unfavorable experience. We strive to create a quality working environment where each of our employees feel they’re valued, treated fairly, and respected. We understand that our employees are the invaluable drivers of our success, so we foster a culture of transparency, trust, and empowerment to support success within our team. We appreciate your feedback.

I thought it was just me but I agree with the comments said.
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAFebruary 5, 2018
Management lack experience and a cohesive training program. A few personal friends of management promoted included family members. The rest of us overlooked, never encouraged, limited or no training. 80% of the guys complained in private. High turn over. Close to impossible goals set by management. The lowest start pay compared to any competitor. It felt more like a me environment than a we environment. And yes the large volume of complaints are true n verifiable. A concerned I raised at my interview and was told it was on its way to be resolved. The complaints increased during my time there. Management was more concerned using spit n bubblegum to get tenants to sign a lease and promise them the world then let months go by or just don’t address tenants concerns. A lot of tenants concerns are not big fixes but management does not make bonus after a lease is signed so tenants suffer and complaints pile up.
Pros
Food, food, food
Cons
It’s a new start up n it shows badly
June 5, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We hire the most talented and passionate individuals who enjoy contributing to a growing, winning team. Main Street Renewal means commitment to our residents, vendors, and employees. We strive to provide an environment where our employees feel they’re valued, treated fairly, and respected. When we receive feedback that seems to be in conflict with that, we don’t take it lightly. Thank you again for your feedback.

Not a good place to work
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 27, 2017
Through my experience dealing with them I receibed the expression that this company caters to upper management. I believe they set unreachable goals, and unrealistic demands for their in field teams. Then they wait and critique the outcome as if it was a good plan. And btw they are bias toward the young blacks in the field whom have no voice.
Pros
Non
Cons
Many
June 5, 2018

We strive to provide an environment where our employees feel they’re valued, treated fairly and respected because we are highly committed to the well-being and success of our employees. We are sorry to hear that this is not what you experienced. Thank you for your feedback.

The good,and the bad
Accounts coordinator / Branch Admin 2 (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GANovember 29, 2017
We had a very good work culture with coworkers and upper management . The local management lacked care for the employee's with the exception of a few good ones . I trained new hires only to watch them proceed up the ladder with promotions even though I had more experience. I believe in working your way to the top proving yourself with dedication over the direct manager promoting because of friendship.
Pros
Good common core practices
Cons
bad local branch mangement
fun and loving working enviroment
Part time Accounts Payable Accountant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 9, 2017
Friendly working enviroment
NO Boss Culture
No work Pressure
No working Deadline
June 5, 2018

We are thrilled that you are having such a positive experience at Main Street Renewal! Thank you for your review.