Maine Coast Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Going downhill
CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Ellsworth, MEMay 17, 2018
Since EMHS merge, MCMH is a mess. Constant management changes, poor communication, far too many double standards and drama. No chance of getting raises or advancement. You will not succeed here unless you kiss up to the higher ups, work ethic means nothing.
Culture Growth Issues
Director/Manager of Quality & Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Ellsworth, MEApril 7, 2018
The hospital is going through a culture change. Integrating with a large system is always hard. I've been in a healthcare system for most of my career and have seen many hospitals go through the culture change but thinking it is harder here then in New Jersey.
Terrible
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ellsworth, MEApril 4, 2018
This was a very stressful job with a lot of demands and they were always adding things to your workload. Yes, the pay was decent, but it wasn't worth the torment you had to go through to work there. They keep you in line by threatening your job if you expose them. When I was working there, I had to take anxiety medicine which I haven't had to take since leaving there 6 months ago. My life is so much better after I left.
Pros
Discount lunches, pay
Cons
Corporate, cut throat, management
CEO, CNO have created a culture of fear and depression.
RN ICU (Current Employee) –  Maine Coast Memorial HospitalMarch 28, 2018
I worked at this hospital in 2005-2006; environment positive, with happy employees.
When I returned in 2008, this was beginning to change due to multiple CNO changes, and new CEO, both of which had slash and burn policy on treatment of veteran staff.
Currently, most staff are looking for new jobs.
Pros
Still some veteran staff left.
Cons
Too many locum MD's, no consistent focus or standard of care.
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ellsworth, MEMay 5, 2017
Good place to work, friendly people, good benefits, room for advancement. The surrounding area is convenient for shopping on lunch break or running errands.
Good culture
Chief Information Systems Officer (Former Employee) –  Ellsworth, MEMay 3, 2017
The culture was nurturing. Great small town atmosphere. It has been acquired by a large system so I cannot speak to the current culture, but the people are great.
Pros
Small town atmosphere
Great place to learn and work in a fast pace environment.
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ellsworth, MEJanuary 14, 2017
CCMA at Maine coast memorial hospital in pediatrics. This job was a great place to get established. I had various opportunities to learn a lot and work in various locations with patients of all ages to help me to become a well rounded medical assistant.
Pros
Great physicians, learning opportunities, incredible staff, fast pace
Cons
No overtime, understaffed, space problems
Enviromental Services Tech/Porter (Former Employee) –  Ellsworth, MEDecember 6, 2016
A typical day involved cleaning patients rooms and beds. I learned proper cleaning and disinfecting techniques. The EVS manager was awesome to work for. Co-workers friendly and worked as a team. Some days were very physically demanding.
Pros
Cafeteria, benefits and good pay
Cons
Physically demanding and busy
Productive fun workplace that taught me a lot
Medical Records Coder (Former Employee) –  Ellsworth, MEMay 17, 2014
I worked for this company for 7 years and I had a lot of fun working with the people and for the company itself. I have learned a lot from Maine Coast Memorial Hospital and they did put a lot of time into me.
Pros
Discounted lunches, and flexible work schedule
Very busy office.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ellsworth, MENovember 20, 2013
Was a very busy office with 5 midwifes and 2 doctors. we were extremely busy. I think it had a good work flow until it was to switch from paper charts to EMR. But that is to be expected. I enjoyed working there and I enjoyed it being very busy. It slowed down a lot when one DO left and the other MD retired. that is the reason I left the office.
My job at Maine Coast, many years ago, was well suited to my needs.
Ward Secretary/Med-Surgical Ward (Former Employee) –  Ellsworth, MENovember 7, 2013
I worked at MCMH years ago in an office support position and have always felt I'd like to return. The hospital has grown and changed since then and is a major employer in our area.
Horrible management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ellsworth, MENovember 7, 2013
Currently cutting 10 f/t nursing positions. Have systematically eliminated anyone with experience and replaced them with young, low paying yes men.
Pros
They pay you
Cons
extremely stressful work environment
Great place to work, positive and happy while I was there
Supervisor Critical Care Unit Evening Shift (Former Employee) –  Ellsworth, MEOctober 1, 2013
Evening Supervisor of CCU/ICU worked with great team of caring employees, immediate supervisor was fair and supportive.
Pros
Learned about a great many types of trauma
Cons
CNA was a good place to work
CNA (Former Employee) –  Ellsworth, MEAugust 1, 2012
CNA work. Friendly, good staff. helpful, very nice location. would recommend again.
Pros
convience of location
Cons
not as much learning experience.