Maine Oxy Employee Reviews

awful place stay away
Hazmat Driver (Former Employee) –  Hooksett, NHApril 23, 2019
Constant loading / unloading and reloading all very heavy dirty stuff ,trucks got maintence when they were broken on the side of road!! Welding customers were mostly jerks and never satisfied and usually had the worst spots picked for delivery Worst job ever stay away
Poor compensation package
Filler, Driver (Former Employee) –  CTMarch 30, 2019
If your spouse or live in lover has full time employment of equal compensation, you will get by. Little chance of advancement and not for the ambitious worker. You do receive work apparel at company expense.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere. Not too strict with safety compliance.
Cons
Poor compensation Only drivers get overtime.
Some good employees
Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MESeptember 23, 2018
Started out as the best company I ever worked for but then ownership changed and was quickly the worst. Some good folks work here and I wish the best for all.
Pros
Good People
Cons
New Owners
Got a good pay increase in May and no increase in health insurance!
Several Positions (Current Employee) –  MaineJune 11, 2018
I have worked at other local companies and rarely ever got a pay increase. If I did get an increase it was eaten up by higher rates for health insurance. Just found out there are no rate increases for our benefits this year and the company is adding $250 to my HSA. I'm pretty happy here.
Former employee
Drivet (Former Employee) –  Hudson, NHFebruary 15, 2018
The pay is low for what you must do an they know it. If you are upper management you make money. I used to come in before the management to load my truck. I was putting in 15 hours days while management would put in 10 hours.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Working for them for low wages
Excellent Career or Job
General Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MEFebruary 14, 2018
When I started for Maine Oxy, I started where everyone else started... at the bottom (Dock). I enjoyed doing my job of loading trucks, filling cylinders, and everything involved really.
Management was fair but tough and the only thing I did not like was the hours at the time.

So... I worked my way up. Learning everything I can and taking what I learned from previous positions and putting the knowledge to use in many different ways. I got off nights and onto days. I worked for where I am right now and I look forward to coming into work every day. Advancement exists...as long as you are willing to work for it....as it should be.

I have a great boss who is flexible when it comes to life and schedules. The people who work here are fantastic and do great at their jobs, and I never dread a day at work.

There so much room to move around if someone puts the effort into it and goes for it, whether its a step up or simply a side step because you need a change.
Pros
Awesome Boss, Helping People, Awesome Co-Workers
Cons
Health Insurance is a bit much for what you get.
Don’t work here
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MEFebruary 14, 2018
I started at Maine Oxy because I heard great things about the company, but it wasn’t very long after I started that I saw things had changed. Management is rude and treated me poorly. I saw a lot of favoritism between them. The pay and benefits were good for the job but I couldn’t handle being treated poorly so I looked elsewhere for employment.
Pros
Pay, benefits, 1 hour lunch
Cons
Poor management, no career advancement, didn’t live up to their promises
Company promotes from within
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  MaineDecember 18, 2017
Maine Oxy is a great place to work. Open positions are posted and are almost always filled internally. The best part of the job is working with some great co-workers.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Some negative co-workers
Exact opposite of how it is described
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MEDecember 15, 2017
I am currently working at maine oxy. The pay is not enough for the weather conditions I have to endure and management is a cutthroat bunch. There is no career advancement options whatsoever. And management does not care about the happiness of it's employees

TRUST ME, DO NOT WORK HERE
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Rude managment no career advancment
Great place to work!
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MEOctober 11, 2017
The company treats everybody fairly and listens to what you have to say. You're treated with respect and all your questions will be answered. I recommend this place to anyone looking to work in this industry!
Pros
The people!
Eye on the price, focused and persistant
Regional Store Rep (Current Employee) –  All through the NortheastSeptember 25, 2016
I leave my house to travel to locations in all through New England around 3 am on Monday and return home late Friday night. My job varies from week to week, I could be a store manager one week or a truck driver, sales rep. the next. I enjoy knowing all parts of the company, it give me a feeling of accomplishment. There is no job in the company I have not done or trained for.

With my experience in our company, I am called upon to train new managers and in coming company truck drivers. I love what I do, but my daughter is getting older and I find myself being on the road all the time. I no longer want to miss her school events and feel its time to find a position that is a better fit for family life.
Pros
I love my job
Cons
Missing out on my daughters school events
A fine place to work for production
Accounting Manager-Accounts Payable Manager (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MEAugust 12, 2015
Maine Oxy is a fine place to work They produce/sell welding gases and supplies and some medical gases. They have a wellness program. They try to promote within if possible.
Pros
You see and speak to the owner/CEO every day
Cons
Compinsation
good first warehouse laborer experience
laborer/loading and unloading trailers/warehouse (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MEOctober 22, 2014
Was a good first experience and making decent pay for a younger person.
Great co workers
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Hooksett, NHOctober 7, 2013
started my day at 6 in the morning, drove my route, answered questions that customers would ask. back at the warehouse would unload and reload truck for next day
Pros
being on the road
Cons
nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maine Oxy. Our community is ready to answer.