I couldn't stand walking into the open office environment in Westbrook. I'd pass by several team members sleeping at their desks or watching Netflix. No one cares about the patients there; it's just a job. Management doesn't care either so long as their Gemba walks are filled out each day because all that happy hand holding stuff is more important to Geoff Fallon than actual patient care.
I avoid the DON in the gardens at Quarry Hill in Camden Maine. She tries to get you involved with drama.
At the CBO in PB? It feels like you are just another number.
Most days yes, some days not much..
Some days I love going to work. I love the people I work with. Period. BUT some days I dread going into work because the company is not a promoting kind.
Most days I am enthusiastic about going to work because I enjoy helping patients be as healthy as they can. I encourage them to take a bigger role as there is are many things they can also do for themselves. Navigating the healthcare system can be frustrating and I hope I’m making it a little easier for them.
How bad does it have to get at NorDx for Maine Health to question the lack of leadership from the top CEO on down to the puppet directors and managers who lack the courage to speak out?
There are no words to fully describe the gravity of NorDx's poor management. The Lab Directors, as charismatic and charming as they may appear to be on the surface, will never swim against the tide of their CEO's ruthless strategies to cut costs, even at the expense of patient safety, overall quality, or the staff's well-being. The regional managers, operations managers, and most lab managers lack the courage to speak out or to protest the sweatshop working conditions imposed on their hard-working staff. Over the years, this lack of effective and respectful leadership has greatly magnified NorDx's employee recruitment and retention problems, and there's still no end in sight! Explore your employment opportunities and grow your professional career elsewhere.
Like working in a factory at nordex
I dreaded going to work each day at NorDx as a Med Tech. Inexperienced managers who are nothing more than company men and women were an embarrassment.
- On average, how many hours do you work a day at MaineHealth?8 people answered
- How did you get your first interview at MaineHealth?7 people answered
- What tips or advice would you give to someone interviewing at MaineHealth?6 people answered
- How are the working hours?6 people answered
- How do you feel about the future of MaineHealth?5 people answered
- If you were in charge, what would you do to make MaineHealth a better place to work?5 people answered
- What is the vacation policy like at MaineHealth? How many vacation days do you get per year?5 people answered
- Are there any entry level jobs that are willing to train on the job5 people answered
- How long does it take to get hired from start to finish at MaineHealth? What are the steps along the…4 people answered
- How would you describe the pace of work at MaineHealth?4 people answered