MaineHealth Employee Reviews

Fun plce to work
Professional Billing Epic Credentialed Trainer (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, MENovember 12, 2018
This is a fun place to work. Very much a team environment and growth with in the company is always encouraged. Management believes in people over process.
There is plenty of work
Lab Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Portland, MENovember 11, 2018
This position was pretty fun. I learned many different aspects of the job from working the front desk, to phlebotomy and processing specimens. If you were bored with one thing, you could possibly help out in another area.
Pros
There was a lot to learn and diverse experiences
Cons
Pay
Great place to work.
Lab Manager Consultant of Nordx lab in Maine (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEOctober 27, 2018
Great place to work and great management. Company allows employees to excel at their skills while allowing advancement at the same time. I would recommend others to work there.
First Nursing Position
CARDIOTHORACIC MED/SURG NURSE (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEOctober 26, 2018
MaineHealth was my first nursing job. I was there as a student prior to that. I really enjoyed working with the post open heart surgical patients. This experience allowed me to enter critical care as a nurse when I had to relocate and leave MaineHealth.
Cons
Had to pay to park and take a shuttle to the hospital.
Very busy office with talented employees
Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Biddeford, MEOctober 21, 2018
I love the people I work with. They are all very competent and are team players so I never feel as if I am the only one working hard because we all do.
Pros
flexible
Cons
communication
Enjoyed the pharmacy staff
Clinical Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Biddeford, MEOctober 16, 2018
Hospital is somewhat up and coming as far as integrating its healthcare team. Lots of new changes and improvements, but still a little behind and working out the kinks. Overall, an enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Work environment and people
Cons
locums, lack of team integration
Satisfactory
Cardiovascular Technologist (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEOctober 7, 2018
High volume teaching hospital, Satisfaction in helping patients deal with life threatening conditions, Can be high stress , More should be done to help staff deal with day to day stressors.
Food Service
Food Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Portland, ME 04102October 4, 2018
Great place to work! Everyone is very friendly and hard working. Hours are flexable and work with my schedule. Everyone helps out and there are different jobs for everyone to do in the kitchen.
I liked my boss and easy to communicate with
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEOctober 4, 2018
I would go back. The only thing I didn't care for was we had to park so far away and take a shuttle to work. if you forgot something in your car it was hard to go back and still be on time
I had the best boss ever.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Belfast, MEOctober 1, 2018
I am a respiratory therapist and therefor worked in the respiratory department. I had the best experience of my working life there. The manager was fair and expected you to know your job. He respected you as a person and a therapist. I was a traveler and only wish I could have stayed.
Not worth it one bit
Medical Lab Scientist (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ME; Portland, MESeptember 24, 2018
There are cliques that have been there for a long time, including the management. They don't like new ideas, they have little to no regard for family/life and work balance, and give no notice when they want your hours to change or even your work location to change. The pay is barely enough to make do, pto is used for holidays you can't work-since they limit the number of people to work on holidays and weekends at every location-so your vacation time disappears very quickly with very little you can do about it. It's hard work, and a lot of work, with zero room for mistakes and a half hour turnaround time for patient testing-and you get thousands per day. Training is rushed due to short staffing and unless you do many special projects or are going out every week with the manager, your review won't warrant you a raise or anything. I did learn quite a bit due to the training, as there was some I had never done before in my career, but the bullying from management wasn't worth it.
Pros
Possible new techniques learned, busy day, you get your breaks mostly, pay isn't the worst
Cons
holidays not paid-come out of pto, rushed training, short staff, busy/stressful, hostile management
Worth the Hard work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockport, MESeptember 20, 2018
Being able to work with different patients every day was nice, you get to hear their stories and help them on their way to recovery. Most of the employees work well as a team, and are helpful.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Breaks not always taken
Competitive place with good benefits
Clinical Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, MESeptember 15, 2018
Fast paced competitive place to work. Good colleagues. Good time off. Knowledgeable supervisors and co workers. Fairly flexible work schedule and good opportunities for advancement
Wonderful coworkers but poor management
Lead EEG TEch (Former Employee) –  Maine Medical CenterSeptember 14, 2018
I actually loved working their most of the time. My coworkers were awesome. But we got a new manager, . He played favorites and let the younger employees do whatever they wanted to keep them. The seasoned employees were harassed and expected to pick up the slack. HR did nothing to help with the situation. Upper management not helpful either. So glad no longer there.
Pros
good benifits and good pay
Cons
management and HR
busy, intense, great team environment
Clinical Nurse II Nephrology/Urology (Current Employee) –  Portland, MESeptember 5, 2018
Great place to work. Largest hospital in Maine, great nursing staff and management. Many opportunities for advancement. The hospital is always expanding and as a result many opportunities for growth.
Pros
may opportunities
Cons
busy, intense
Clinical Rotation
Student Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Biddeford, MESeptember 3, 2018
This was clinical rotation for me but I learned so much through this company and received so many experiences that I am grateful for. Everyone was extremely knowledgable and helpful and friendly.
Watch your back
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Spring HarborAugust 31, 2018
People seem nice, but there's a lot of gossip and judging going on among the staff. Patients can be violent, and safety care is insufficient and loosly used.
An amazing hospital to work at!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEAugust 23, 2018
This hospital is amazing. They take great care in helping their employees. I loved working on the Oncology floor and helping the patients with their daily routine.
Money and benefits are great, leadership is hit or miss, not a great work life balance.
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  NorDxAugust 8, 2018
I haven't had any stand out leaders in my department. There are no flexible work hours or work from home options. The pay is great and benefits are great.
Pros
Money is good.
Cons
Not enough flexibility/work life balance.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, MEAugust 1, 2018
I have been employed with only mehealth since I graduated in 2015. Overall I enjoy being with the company! The Employee health and HR departments within this company can be very helpful and are generally understanding of each employees individual wants/ needs.(from my experience)
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MaineHealth. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight