MaineHealth
69Average

MaineHealth Employee Reviews

United States420 reviews
good for pa
physician assistants are often hired. this is a good place to work for pa, but maine in general does not pay as high as other states. there are a variety of specialities in this company.
Productive and Fun Workplace
The workplace was so enjoyable to be a part of. My teammates became like family, making going to work so enjoyable. A typical day at work was busy (job security) but tolerable. I never felt over worked, and felt that I was payed appropriately.
Wonderful company to work for.
I would highly recommend working for MaineHealth as the management and employees worked in unison with all levels of nursing and clinical staff. The schedule was perfect for me and compensation was fantastic
I have enjoyed caring for adults and adolescents with an inter-professional partnership to advance care and education model of patient care in treating cardiac, medical, and acute care needs, medication administration, nursing assessments and condition monitoring.
Poor management
Very Unprofessional environment , Unprofessional managers and trainers and very poor quality of training. Nobody is on the same page. They hire people who are extremely rude and allow this type of behavior in the workplace
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Does not value their own goals and missions.
Treats their employees as if they are disposable, disrespectful, not honest about their values. Low pay. By far some of the worst jobs in Maine. Yet, one of the biggest employers. They do not follow many of legal guidelines.
great place to learn
This is a great place to work if you're hoping to learn, grow, and educate yourself. There are so many resources and educational opportunities to better yourself and your ability to provide care for patients.
They treat you good and fairly
It is a good company to work for they treat you with respect. They listen to any problems and go out of their way to fix them. I like working for them
This is a great place to work. The manager expects quality work. I have learned that it takes much more than desire to succeed. Experience in this field is a must.
Na
Maine Health offers extra perks and benefits, along with job stability and security. Work life balance is encouraged and supported by management. Having the ability to work from home when necessary is a great option during storms and illness.
Many opportunities
I work long 12 hour nights but love the people I work with and most of the patients. It is a very rewarding career. I left this company and came back and hoping to stay at MaineHealth after graduation.
I wouldn't let MaineHealth remove a splinter
Patients are considered last on the list. They don't value you as a patient or even a person. Management would rather throw one more pot luck party than actually get together and try to improve patient care. I have been told by leadership, "Patient care isn't our primary focus here."
Cons
Horrible work environment. You're just a number, not a person. No upward mobility.
Secure job with inclusive staff
I enjoyed working in Pen Bay Family Medicine greatly with my coworkers, doctors, and the visiting patients. It was a welcoming and secure environment that I was sad to leave.
Great People
I learned a lot, management was great, culture is great, enjoyable working with great people and customers, typical day is never dull or the same, keeps you engaged.
They have good benefits
The have a commitment to excellence. Those who exceed expectations are recognized, even in non-monetary ways. Team members are pushed to work at the top of their skill set.
Used and lied to
Coworkers great. Management reflects corporate greed. Job was eliminated after I was injured. Then maine health lied to deny me workers compensation benefits. If you work there watch your back.
productive fun place to work
This is a very good company to work for, everyone is helpful, the job itself is easy , i get to walk alot and by now i know every part of the hospital, the staff are the best,
Cross This off My Bucket List
Well, I'd always wondered what it would be like to work for a giant faceless corporation with little concern for the human beings it employed. Now I know. You could double my pay (and it would still barely be a living wage), and I wouldn't go back there.
No support
You are just a number working for Maine Health
Not personable at all!

Not family oriented !!

You are not valued !

No growth encouragement by management .

Need to be more sympathetic to employees who have families

Sick policy is ridiculous!!4 call outs I. A rolling year
Proactive learning while working on new technologies and multiple projects
- Gave me the opportunity to learn about how operations are handled at healthcare. I played role in multiple projects such as Process Improvement, Surgical services, Instrumentation and Supplies, Supply chain planning and Data Analysis. It is the best place to work with some highly professional people with ambitious thinking and goals.
Cons
No Cons
MaineHealth is a good place to work. Supportive and caring environment. Busy operations. Helpful co-workers and managers. Manager support work-life balance.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at MaineHealth. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.9
InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight