MaineHealth Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Competitive place with good benefits
Clinical Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, MESeptember 15, 2018
Fast paced competitive place to work. Good colleagues. Good time off. Knowledgeable supervisors and co workers. Fairly flexible work schedule and good opportunities for advancement
Wonderful coworkers but poor management
Lead EEG TEch (Former Employee) –  Maine Medical CenterSeptember 14, 2018
I actually loved working their most of the time. My coworkers were awesome. But we got a new manager, . He played favorites and let the younger employees do whatever they wanted to keep them. The seasoned employees were harassed and expected to pick up the slack. HR did nothing to help with the situation. Upper management not helpful either. So glad no longer there.
Pros
good benifits and good pay
Cons
management and HR
busy, intense, great team environment
Clinical Nurse II Nephrology/Urology (Current Employee) –  Portland, MESeptember 5, 2018
Great place to work. Largest hospital in Maine, great nursing staff and management. Many opportunities for advancement. The hospital is always expanding and as a result many opportunities for growth.
Pros
may opportunities
Cons
busy, intense
Clinical Rotation
Student Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Biddeford, MESeptember 3, 2018
This was clinical rotation for me but I learned so much through this company and received so many experiences that I am grateful for. Everyone was extremely knowledgable and helpful and friendly.
Watch your back
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Spring HarborAugust 31, 2018
People seem nice, but there's a lot of gossip and judging going on among the staff. Patients can be violent, and safety care is insufficient and loosly used.
An amazing hospital to work at!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEAugust 23, 2018
This hospital is amazing. They take great care in helping their employees. I loved working on the Oncology floor and helping the patients with their daily routine.
Money and benefits are great, leadership is hit or miss, not a great work life balance.
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  NorDxAugust 8, 2018
I haven't had any stand out leaders in my department. There are no flexible work hours or work from home options. The pay is great and benefits are great.
Pros
Money is good.
Cons
Not enough flexibility/work life balance.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, MEAugust 1, 2018
I have been employed with only mehealth since I graduated in 2015. Overall I enjoy being with the company! The Employee health and HR departments within this company can be very helpful and are generally understanding of each employees individual wants/ needs.(from my experience)
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Growing facility
Surgical Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEJuly 26, 2018
My location is growing. It has currently out grown the location we are in. It is fast paced with a lot of great people to work with. Management is great.
horrible management
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rockport, MEJuly 18, 2018
I would not recommend working at mainehealth for anyone who wants to stay sane! Horrible coworkers, awful management. The pay is good but not worth it.
Pros
the doctors brought free food sometimes
Cons
the manager would openly berate you in front of patients
A great learning environment with good compensation/benefits
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEJuly 12, 2018
I did enjoy my time at this job, I was able to learn a lot, had great mentors as well. I would say the most difficult part was working 12 hr shifts overnight. The rotating schedule is difficult to come on/off if you are a candidate, requires being put on a wait list and offered only when a slot is available. Parking is paid for by the employee, taken out of your paycheck.
Always rewarding caring for Respiratory patients.
Pros
Teaching hospital
Cons
Parking
medical records clerk
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEJuly 9, 2018
released all requests for medical record history on patients, traveled to another office for same duties, filing, phone call, copying, faxing requests
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
traveling
nordx
Costumer Service Representative/phembotomist (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, MEJuly 5, 2018
typical work day 8 hours
learned duties as a medical receptionist and phlebotomist
Management uncoopritive cut throat dishonest and not friendly
working culture ok
Hardest part of job was traveling
most enjoyable part of job was customer service
Pros
nice medical building to work in
Cons
management cut throat and dis honest
great place to work.
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEJuly 4, 2018
It is great place for learning and they have great management. Workplace culture is very diversity and professional. Hardest part of the job is being student.
Not a positive environment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  MaineJuly 1, 2018
Management will take new employees with no experience and push them through training to be out on their own, even when informed they aren't ready. The management team for outreach is very disrespectful towards staff. You have to beg for your unpaid lunch at times. The management will overwork you as they sit in they office together, laughing and eating. The Group Lead is not informed and does not help out in the feild. I go into work wondering if my boss is going to be rude, angry, or the very rare, happy. The management team often speaks rudely of the employees in front of to the other employees. They will run you ragged and instead of giving you a "thank you", they will be angry if you turn them down.
Pros
Great millage reimbursement
Cons
I've heard "not my problem" more than I can count, from my manager. They are only in business for themselves, not employees or clients.
Poor managment/cut throat/ nasty enviroment
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEJune 27, 2018
This was by far the worse job experience I ever dealt with. There was no training program in place for the new employees. They made you train with different people everyday and in most cases it contradicted in what they expected out of you. It was poorly managed and the employees are a tight knit group that didn't accept new comers very well because they wanted their job easy by making the new guys do it. When it rained or snowed it'd come into the building because of how poor the infrastructure was built. We were trained to tell nurses and patients that things were going to get fixed. Sometimes it would and sometimes it'd just get swept under the rug. I worked here for two years and got to see how this place really runs. Seems like they just pay agencies to keep their mouth shut on certain things. High stress and low pay.
Pros
Gym
Cons
co workers worked with each other for years. Will throw in under the bus so quick
Fun!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, MEJune 27, 2018
coming into work early morning, the Medical Assistants, Doctors and Management make the work day fly by! everyone is always so happy, and family oriented. If ever I end up back in Maine, Maine health cardiology is where I will be applying!
Pros
fun, friendly
Uncomfortable
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEJune 24, 2018
numerous tasks daily, filed, faxed, copied, answered phone calls travel to another branch office. People were nice, mental health patients were difficult and sometimes scary. Had damage done to co-worker's car, nervous about leaving office at night.
Meh
Operations (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEJune 18, 2018
Leadership is great at talking about improving, but lack of follow through. Typical hospital environment, due to the nature of the day to day patient administration change becomes next to impossible
Ok work place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Biddeford, MEJune 17, 2018
You don’t get paid for all the work you have to do and many times you are missing stuff needed to do your job
Management seems to be the same in the 3 department I have worked lack of respect towards employees they just want you to do your work and more but don’t expect to get noticed for doing more even at review time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MaineHealth. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight