MaineHealth Employee Reviews

Ok work place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Biddeford, MEJune 17, 2018
You don’t get paid for all the work you have to do and many times you are missing stuff needed to do your job
Management seems to be the same in the 3 department I have worked lack of respect towards employees they just want you to do your work and more but don’t expect to get noticed for doing more even at review time
Fun, friendly environment, but salary is limited
FOOD SERVICES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEJune 16, 2018
I loved working at Maine Medical Center, the environment was fun and friendly and it was only 10 minutes away from where I live. It was great to learn how a kitchen works and the ins and outs of the hospital. It was rewarding to make a patients day by bringing them, typically, the one thing they had control over (excluding those who had diet restrictions). Management did their best, but it seemed hard for them to keep up with the vast array of problems and employees that they had.
Pros
Discount on food/sometimes free meals, steady pay
Cons
Limited compensation
Quiet workplace
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEJune 13, 2018
It was a very good experience, I worked really well with a few of the workers, and i got along extremely well, my supervvisor was extremely nice as well,
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and Great Learning Enviroment
EpicCare Ambulatory Clinical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEJune 13, 2018
Meetings
Worked on long projects
on call work
Working with great teams
Great job
Patient Financial Services Associate III (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, MEJune 11, 2018
Little room for advancement and underpaid. During the interview process the Director promises there is ample opportunity to advance one's career but these opportunities are few and far between.

The CBO specifically, follows the lean process/six sigma. One of the philosophies of the lean process is to promote from within. No current managers were hired from within the organization. All of them came from the outside. No in-house candidates were given serious consideration.

The job itself is challenging and very rewarding however, significantly underpaid for what the job entails.
Maine Health--an ok place to work
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEJune 5, 2018
The day is often busy with admissions and rounding. The schedule is the hardest part of the job--day/night/weekends/holidays. The staff in the trenches are the most enjoyable part of this job.
Pros
Their cold brew coffee is amazing
Cons
OpEx, Maternity leave and lactation rooms (or lack of), poor compensation, too many layers of mgmt
Easy work but no room for advancement
Food Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEJune 4, 2018
Various easy tasks but must be able to walk continuously for shifts (4 hour increments, up to 12 hours), easy enough work for the pay. Call-center is only room for advancement and its really just a reward because you get to sit down rather than walking for hours
Pros
Decent pay, flexible hours, easy work
Cons
Supervisors are reasonable, however boss above them is quite rude and not friendly, not matter who you are
Supportive environment, co-workers are fun to work with.
Part Time Receptionist and Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEJune 4, 2018
Productive and supportive environment. I usually work Sundays 3-8, and sometime will fill in when needed. A typical Sunday shift is pretty slow. The most enjoyable part of the day is answering questions from
people who call and those who come to visit patients.I receive support from other switchboard operators from fellow co-workers.
Pros
Learning new information
Cons
The Sunday shift can be very slow.
Clinical Research
Research Institute Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, MEMay 29, 2018
Maine Health is a great institution to work for. The growth and commitment to the employees is a strength that propels Maine health and more specifically Maine Medical Center.
Home away from home
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEMay 23, 2018
Such a great organization always aiming and working toward improving and providing the best patient care. supportive coworkers , great working environment.
Supportive, patient centered organization
Director of Perioperative Services (Former Employee) –  Rockport, MEMay 20, 2018
The culture is entirely focased on the patient experience. From top leadership down to support staff, there is a conscious undersatnding of the mission of this organization. With the patient as the priotiy the work satisfaction and experience naturally follows.
A very exciting place to work
PATIENT FIN SRV ASSOC (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, MEMay 13, 2018
Mainehealth is a very fast paced and interesting place to work. They interface with many companies and many different software packages. I learned tremendous knowledge and practices while working there.

I interfaced with many companies and learned how their insurance operates. I really enjoyed all of the people I met while working there.
Accountant/Medical Billing Position
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Biddeford, MEMay 12, 2018
Successful conversion to new Medical Billing system for several levels of nursing home care facilities. Opportunity to work for an outstanding leader and mentor.
fast-paced work environment
Lead Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Maine, MEMay 4, 2018
I loved working for Maine health however there have been lots of changes and they continue to come with more work and the same pay. I have to say for me I did not feel that I was able to move up to my potential. would have been nice to have room for further growth.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Under paid for the amount of work required for my position
Good work environment
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEMay 1, 2018
Enjoyed my work experience at MMC very much however, due to the fast pace of this unit I found it difficult to keep up with demands. Keeping up with documentation requirements made it difficult to spend time with patients, and provide quality patient teaching.
Nothing but good things overall but compensation is lower
PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEApril 16, 2018
I enjoy working for MaineHealth. Good hardworking teams and strong mid level management. Cannot compete with for-profit organizations compensation wise but it is Healthcare.
Nursing Unit Secretary II-Pediatrics BBCH (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEApril 2, 2018
Every day was busy. Learned a lot while employed there. Enjoyed interacting with family members and clients. I worked with many different cultures of employees. The hardest part of the job was seeing terminally ill patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing there health improve.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Short breaks
Lies Manipulation no help from Hr
Administrative Team Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEApril 1, 2018
I was harassed, forced to work in a hostile work environment followed all proper steps and procedures to rectify the situation and still got no support. Was strung along for a year. Providers ar great management is horrible.
Cons
Mostly friendly staff but cliquey. Busy place.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 25, 2018
Director of the department in Cardiology was super. My supervisor sat three inches away which caused her a lot of stress. She could be very critical and unreasonable and the other staff worshiped her which made things difficult for them to be objective.

I liked the work for a while but became bored after a few years.

Supervisor in Radiology transcription was not very people oriented and it was hard to judge how she felt about my work. This work too became very routine, but we were all let go as the work was outsourced to a small transcription company.
Pros
good benefits.
Cons
Cliquey staff
Small rural hospital
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast, MEMarch 22, 2018
You learn a lot of different skills at a small, rural hospital when there are fewer resources available. Most acute patients were transported to larger hospitals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MaineHealth. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.7Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight