MaineHealth
Coronavirus update

MaineHealth Employee Reviews for Nursing Assistant

Nursing Assistant22 reviews
United States22 reviews
Nice place to work. Lots of opportunity for advancements in education. A diversified staff and patient population. Great learning place. Ability to cross train in areas
Pros
Lots of team work
Cons
Management at times
Great opportunity to gain experience in the medical field. Do not work on MS4 if you plan to leave to further your career. The manager is horrible and retaliates if you plan to leave, gives inaccurate references to undermine growth and success.
Quarry Hill hairdresser is over priced and is rude to the CNAs. She believes CNAs should be mandated. She could never do the job of a CNA. She’s too lazy and ignorant. She inconveniences the residents to make her job easier. She likes to have power over mentally ill people and laughs at them and makes fun of them.
I love Waldo County General Hospital they are great to their workers and their patients. I have worked there first as an EVS tech (housekeeping) for a year and now as a CNA for 6 months. I have grown tremendously within this company and value the knowledge and friendships I have made recently. It's a great place to work and grow!
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
When I worked for the I worked in a memory care unit. I could have been better organized and it could have had more things for the residents todo so they don’t feel like they can’t do anything.
Pros
The nurse managers office was right out side the door
Cons
It wasn’t very clean. The nurse manger wasn’t always in the office
Good benefits and work/life balance. Enjoy my co-workers and the staff. The is room for growth and continuing education opportunities to advance in your career path of choice.
Hard work , great for young people to advance. The hardest part is a lot of lifting but always meeting some very interesting people. There is always something to be learned with every new patient.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
high effort - mediocre reward
Worked in the Farmington hospital as per diem CNA. Was there for 4 months , I had told them I wanted part time or full time. When positions became open they were offered to others... Had an RN who was snobby and invaded HIPPA, talked with other RNs behind others backs and making them feel low. Made remarks when I was as nice as ever asking to take pump breaks for my baby. When issues were brought to management they ignored what I had said and the RN got no punishment.
Pros
Downtime, friendly co-workers, patients
Cons
Shady management, no job advancement, pay
It is a hospital. It is like most hospitals. The hours are long, the pay is low, the management is flippant. They make up for it all by providing full benefits.
Being able to work with different patients every day was nice, you get to hear their stories and help them on their way to recovery. Most of the employees work well as a team, and are helpful.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Breaks not always taken
This hospital is amazing. They take great care in helping their employees. I loved working on the Oncology floor and helping the patients with their daily routine.
You learn a lot of different skills at a small, rural hospital when there are fewer resources available. Most acute patients were transported to larger hospitals.
A fast paced place to work. Hospital setting will always be better than the basic nursing home care. Learn new things, get a better chance to use hands on training with new things
the team work is great here. wonderful work place. they pay very well to. definitely one of my top favorite places to work. great location also. the hardest part about the job is the long hours.
experienced and knowledgeable staff
accepting of new team members

management professional

nice hospital

benefits decent

patient ratios fair

broad patient demographic
The nursing assistants, housekeepers, transporters, lab techs...etc make a similar wage to McDonald's workers. Some of these positions require a fair amount of training/licensing/certifications. These people are undervalued and treated unfairly - particularly by management. Per diem workers do not get a higher hourly rate, like most hospitals offer. Corporate structure with financial gain seeming to be the priority over patient and employee satisfaction. The facility is not as clean as it should be, and I believe that is a direct result of unappreciated staff.

The fellowship among nurses, CNAs, housekeepers, etc is excellent and most people seems to get along very well.

The benefits are also quite good.

The patients, as always, are the best part of the job.

Not enough transparency trickling down. Management often seem to have hidden motives and seem "fake nice."

Long 12 hours days with only a half hour unpaid lunch are pretty much the only option (with the exception of a few coveted positions in day surgery). Another way for the organization to make more money...

I do not suggest employment here.... at least at the Portland Bramhall Maine Med Campus as an RN or lower staff.
Pros
benefits, good peer culture, great patients, tuition reimbursement
Cons
short breaks, low pay, long hours, shady management, underappreciated staff, dirty hospital
For a small scale hospital it has great staff and is a very enjoyable place to work. The nursing staff is some of the best in the state.
Help nurses with patients daily care.
ADL

vitals

help with filing needs

help with dressing changes and wound care

was on the wound team
Pros
always busy great relationships
Cons
burn out fast with 12 hour shifts
Working on a day surgery unit gave me the opportunity to see many different people and operations that happen in the hospital. It's very rewarding to be able to see your patients go home the next morning, or even the same day. I learned a lot about different types of patient care, and how to reinforce education for when your patient goes home. My coworkers are wonderful, and we teach each other new things every day.
My work day is never the same, can always expect something different. However, I can always rely on my co-workers to help me when the department becomes really busy. My job has many challenging aspects I must overcome on a regular basis to perform my job effectively. I love working in the Emergency Department.
I provided patient care to six patient assignments, I delegated task that could be, assessments, communicated with providers, administered medications
Pros
advancement