MaineHealth
Coronavirus update

MaineHealth Employee Reviews for Patient Access Manager

Patient Access Manager12 reviews
United States12 reviews
Good place to work. Fast pace. Nice people. Health insurance packages. Paid time off. Pharmacy and cafeteria badge swipes. Some over time. 3 week rotation.
I would highly recommend working for MaineHealth as the management and employees worked in unison with all levels of nursing and clinical staff. The schedule was perfect for me and compensation was fantastic
Have had a lot of problems here with my military service. Management has gotten better in the past five years but they still struggle with understanding the Soldier and Sailor Act. My direct supervisor is amazing though I have to admit.

As far as my department well, kinda a hodgepodge of good and bad. They try to fight for us but the board is all about better business practices rather than employee safety.
Patients were great. Just too much nepotism and favoritism with management in the department. Certain people had to follow the rules while friends and family just did what they wanted. Not professional.
Pay and benefits could be better. Hard to pay medical bills with such a poor insurance plan. Too high of co-pays and deductible so you end up owing the hospital money plus you pay your premium.

Such a big company could do better.

CEO seemed like an honest person who was trying to improve the hospital.
Pros
Patients and community.
Cons
Poor management, insurance too high
I loved working for Maine health however there have been lots of changes and they continue to come with more work and the same pay. I have to say for me I did not feel that I was able to move up to my potential. would have been nice to have room for further growth.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Under paid for the amount of work required for my position
Very fast work environment. Great team members that all work well together. Very Team oriented. The Director is amazing and is a fantastic listener and communicator.
Great office environment with highly employee centered management. Department is highly motivated to provide the best patient care and supported by the organization.
Answered phones and helped patients refill prescriptions, make / cancel appointments, relayed test results if authorized. work environment was great. The people I worked with were great people.
Pros
great people / work enviroment
Cons
dealing with irrate patients
A typical day at MMC would involve taking incoming calls from patients who need to register for an upcoming procedure(s) they may have.

The hardest part of the job would be speaking to patients who may or may not understand why they are having certain tests or procedures.

The most enjoyable part of the job is hearing our patients say "Thank You" when we made the extra effort to answer questions they may of had.
Pros
Working in an open enviornment
Cons
Working in an open enviornment
Not a bad company to work for.Enjoyed the people worked with.
Though my choosen line of work, it was a good experience. Management was understanding with work life balance
Pros
Good people
Cons
difficult advancement
The most enjoyable part of the job is working alongside my colleagues and making long-lasting relationships with unit staffs.
A challenging job with a lot to learn. Fun and helpful coworkers. Good benefits. Paid vacation. Flexible scheduling. Interaction with a variety of people. Daily meetings with fellow team members.