Maines Paper & Food Service, Inc. Employee Reviews

Work was cool
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Oakwood, OHNovember 12, 2018
the day was cool I learned how work little faster that was good management was ok at time work culture was real good all the guys was real cool,hardest part was dilling with people sometime oh did want to work
Pros
good people
Cons
the pay
It’s not worth it.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYNovember 4, 2018
Overall... it’s just not a good job... that’s if you don’t like to work hard.
Also... if you have no life as well because they like to call people on their day off.
Management doesn’t stick up for their drivers or workers.
Favoritism .. absolutely.
The only good thing about Maine is the pay.
Well... they have to pay you to keep you, but ... it’s biweekly.
I enjoyed it
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, MD 21001November 1, 2018
I don't mind the stress and fast pace and long hours just the long days everyday can sometimes get to you. The pay checks were nice when you could spend them
Pros
not bad pay checks
Cons
long work weeks
Very good
Driver (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TNOctober 30, 2018
Very great to work atmosphere.Good people and good equipment.Really good experience and I enjoyed working here.Maines manager's are very friendly and compassionate.
Physically and Mentally Exhausting
Transportation Manager (Former Employee) –  Terrell, TXOctober 30, 2018
Brutal place to work. Favoritism by management forced out a senior management employee because of the “good ole boy” cliche that exist!

Wish HR was more responsive to employees concerns.
Pros
Solid Employees
Cons
General Manager
Great workplace, never home enough
Delivery Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Conklin, NY 13748October 23, 2018
Pay's there, hours are definitely there, home-time is lacking. Definitely not worth working for if you'd like to be home with your wife and kids 10-20% of the week. Otherwise, great place for the hard working American. Also, no set schedules. Scheduling asks for a months notice if you have plans, but can't even have a schedule 2 weeks in advance (schedules are made out week by week).
You've never seen horrible management, until you work here
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDOctober 21, 2018
First of all, if you're an experienced selector, you can make a couple Grand a week with these hours. Some people make $30+ an hour here. That's literally the only good thing about it.

Management is the most uneducated, favoritism showing, lying bunch of vessels I've ever seen in my entire life. You ask them a question, that you may know the answer to already, they will have no problem lying to your face. There is a supervisor here that does absolutely nothing all day, and probably makes 60k a year. Yes, he does absolutely NOTHING. He's a condescending, worthless, disgusting person. He's always making remarks to the pickers about the younger women that work there, and he's old enough to be their grandfather. Nobody in corporate cares. The WM is OKAY, but you can't trust him either. If you are a good picker, and you have an emergency, or get injured and need to leave, your job WILL be threatened. The harder you work, the more you get treated like a slave, a dog, and a piece of garbage.

The training for these new people they keep hiring, is a complete joke. They tell them what to do to pick, and into the shark infested water they go. They end up picking slow, in the middle of every aisle, and if you're a selector, you know how annoying that is. They need more lift drivers, and management needs to learn how to adjust the schedule. Two of the busiest days, have the most people off. Since I've been here, no changes have been made to fix this problem.

The place is a death trap. The late GM that just got fired for being a useless tool(idk how the rest of them are still
  more... employed) kept making a big deal about music(headphones), but people are picking in sneakers, the equipment is complete garbage now, the dock is a death trap, some selectors are complete lazy sacks of you know what, and people come to work on all kinds of stuff.

They give you a rate to pick at, depending on where you're picking. A bunch of people aren't hitting rate in the dry area, and none of them have been fired for that, even though that's why we were working 20 hour days. Yes I'm being serious...we worked many of those. You got a guy in the freezer, who's best buds with the main manager, and he picks 1500 cases in a 15 hour shift. That's 100 cases an hour, when the freezer rate is 190-195 cases an hour. He still works there.

This place is only good if you need some cash, but 2 years is the max I would suggest for you young cats that wanna good paying job. Until this trash management is replaced, it's a no fly zone.
Pros
Great pay if you're not lazy
Cons
Terrible management, death trap dock, horrible hiring staff, horrible equipment, Terrible management
Great place to work for
Transportation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakwood Village, OHOctober 19, 2018
Working at Maines Paper and Food Service was the best thing I've ever done. They staff were very friendly and straight forward same goes for the drivers. The job is very very relaxed. I was able to do my own thing 90% of the time without worrying about anyone else. I would HIGHLY recommend working here.
Pros
Everything is amazing long breaks and as many breaks as you want
Cons
The campus isnt very large, and parking is sometimes an issue.
Could be a great place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Terrell txOctober 17, 2018
Maines terrell could be a very good place to work but the management has ruined it. Very shady and will blame drivers for anything they can. There's some good people that still work there but they've just about given up. Note to corporate , replace the management and get people in there that call it up the middle and be team players and maines would turn around for the best! To all new drivers,don't pay attention to the sign on bonus. They will run you to death and illegal until you quit. You will never see the sign on bonus. I've seen it way too often!
Pros
Customers were friendly for the most part
Cons
Management and lack of leadership
Produce Buyer (Former Employee) –  Conklin, NYOctober 12, 2018
Laid back office enviroment, but at the same time you are kept on task. Open door policy with Management and above is fantastic. Advancement opportunities are also great.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYOctober 9, 2018
When I was hurt I was willing to work but Maine’s didn’t accommodate my limitations. Because of this I had no job and no one else would hire me with them. Now that I am able to work fully again my job history is not enough for me to get a good job.
Pros
Paid good
Cons
Didn’t help me when I needed it.
Truck loads are terrible.
Class A CDL delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDOctober 6, 2018
The warehouse loads the trucks like garbage. Pallets are always falling over, the trailers are never ready on time . Management has no clue on what's going on. Trailers are all damaged. The money is is great if you don't mind giving up your home life.
Pros
Money is not a issue
Cons
Routes are not calculated correctly always running out of driving hours due to distance.
The food service is brutal
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Terrell, TXSeptember 25, 2018
The food business is brutal. 24/7, no real time away from work, phone always ringing, good money to be made if you are a selector. Too much stress for this person.
Pros
salary and benefits
Cons
no disconnect from work
Ok if you dont want a family life
Loader (Current Employee) –  Conklin, NYSeptember 23, 2018
Its ok if you want to work and not see youre family. Management is horrible at best. They can never get things correct always working long hrs. All they say is its getting better but it never does. Only good thing is they threw money at everyone so they wouldnt leave
Pros
Money
Cons
No life
You basically are living at the job site, no personal life, no practice with dot regulations. Poor management.
Former Box Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDSeptember 22, 2018
Management has no clue on what they are doing, has favor employees and treats that employee like royalty and the rest like peasants. Disregards the DOT Regulations. Loads in trailers never neatly placed. Warehouse workers always sending out damaged product. Truck are rented, old, damaged, and not inspected properly. If you have no life and want to waste away to a early death, then Maine's is the place for you.
Pros
Benefits and great pay.
Cons
No personal life
Welcoming team of professionals
Junior Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Endicott, NYSeptember 21, 2018
I recently started at Maines Paper & Food Service Inc in Recruiting. I have received such a warm welcoming and lots of training to make sure I am prepared for my job. My manager has been wonderful about gradually giving me more duties as I am comfortable with them to make sure I am not overwhelmed. I have also been shown the many opportunities for advancement as I grow my career here. I have been given a chance to prove myself and have been told I will receive a raise in a short period of time. I truly feel that I am valued at this company and also by my coworkers which can be difficult to find but very important.
Pros
great coworkers, room for advancement, proper training, job security, no forced overtime
Productive Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Savage, MDSeptember 19, 2018
I learned a lot of things here at Maines and most of all my best experience is working with the customers and awesome co workers I have. I would recommend this workplace to anyone looking to advance in their career within the same company.
Liars
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen MDSeptember 17, 2018
Trucks are not new, they are rentals, used, beat up and dirty, more likely other nasty drivers. Pay was good but the hours were terrible. They will blow your phone on ur days off and try to make you go in. Management sucks, they have no knowledge on DOT regulation
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Liars, management.
Maines
Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Conklin, NYSeptember 12, 2018
Stressful, treated like we were dispensable. Equipment was not up to par and would breakdown often. Hard to reach management. Often dispatched without proper paperwork.
Pros
Got paid every week
Cons
Stressful
Not a great place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Conklin, NY 13748September 10, 2018
Not enough pay for the amount of work
Management was horrible
Takes months to transfer to new departments when you apply and are accepted to new position
Treatment against employee's is not the same across the board
Pros
I liked working closely with my customers/best part of working there
Cons
too many to list

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maines Paper & Food Service, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.