Mainscape Employee Reviews

Keeps yourself busy
Landscaper (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIJuly 16, 2018
There is always something to do. It's a good job for people who like to be outside. There is no work on weekends however there are small jobs that are brought up on Saturdays for a chance to get overtime.
Hard work good enviorment
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIFebruary 20, 2018
The job is great in the summer and not terrible in the spring and fall. The winter however is completely unbearable. I would recommend the job to younger individuals such as college students, but its not a job you can raise a family on.
Very little company culture or assistance
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  North Port, FLFebruary 6, 2018
At this company, each branch really runs independently. there is very little support or culture from the corporate level and even less cohesion between branches. If you have a good branch manager, you will have successful and enjoyable experience. If not, the branch will simply suffer and ultimately fail. The company is very profit driven and doesn't seem to have much "loyalty" to their customers or employees.
it was fine
Grounds Maintenance Crew (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKJanuary 19, 2018
the boss was cool but some of my fellow co workers were alright. the fact that i need to do this just to apply for a different job is asinine. Im glad that they make me fill this with 150 minimum characters.
Very Productive Job and Hands down one of the best Jobs I had
Landscaper (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJanuary 2, 2018
.Using different Types of Lawn Equipment
.Comfortable Enviroment
.Stressful when it’s Triple digit weather lol
.Management isn’t Selfish at all they actually care .
.about your well being out there!
.Hands Down Great People too work With cause they .some Of the best landscapers
.Customers are generally Nice for the most part
.everyday is a learning Experience with being in the field and dealing with the customers
Pros
Job, it’s Fun, the bosses don’t suffocate you, learning how too actually landscape not cut grass but “Landscape”
Cons
Hot, Stressful, long days, short lunch, no smoking while cutting, customers are sometimes too picky
Fun and Energy driven
Landscape Maintenance Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXNovember 3, 2017
You have to be motivated to work, willing to make the hour. An be capable of standing, continuous movement, and self stater. Overall its a great environment and experience
It was a good job
I work at mainscape (Current Employee) –  Longs, SCSeptember 28, 2017
It's a real good paying job, but it is real hard work. You are in the heat all day but they give you breaks. It's overall a good job to work..........
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hard work
Working as a team is one of the highlights of this job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAJune 10, 2017
While it is one of the busiest jobs I have ever had, the one thing I can about this job, were the people that I worked with and for, and we worked very hard to accomplish our tasks. I wore several jobs in this position but I learned a lot of skills, as well as learned about myself and I pushed myself to meet deadlines. It was as demanding job but we showed respect for each other.
Pros
Learned new skills
Cons
Demanding job
Very big on safety and lots of team effort
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GaMay 27, 2017
Overall I really like the job wouldn't mind having my job back it was a great environment to work with and the management work with you. Teamwork was a big must I'll tho you may have complications sometimes but us as grown folks we all go through things and just have to look past them to get the job done and that was the great thing about working with the guys I did!
Great Job
Operations/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  North Port, FLMay 16, 2017
Start of my career taught me everything I needed to learn, received all my licensing and computer training from the other managers def a great place to work
hard work
Lead Cleaner/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAApril 20, 2017
it was very hard workbut they paid very well ,I loved management .
but it was under a contract so when it was up then you didn't know if you would have anymore work
Pros
fun.good pay
Unable to do their job
Landscape Enhancement Manager (Former Employee) –  FLMarch 30, 2017
So much great potential with this company, however they are run by people unable to do their job properly. Always looking for a cheap way out to save a buck at the risk of the business.
Was just a steady paycheck to me.
Porter (Former Employee) –  Rosamond, CAFebruary 22, 2017
Over all work wasn't to challenging, it was the management and coworkers that made it a burden to work there. Coworkers were slackers, management didn't mind, culture was all about brown nosing to climb the ladder.
Pros
steady paycheck
Cons
not a garuentee job.
Taking care of the landscape and maintenance
Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 22, 2017
I fill a variety of roles within the overall gardening community. Also I perform a myriad of tasks; including consulting with the landscape architect, and meeting with clients, nursery personnel, and other garden workers to clarify any points of interest. I am required to prepare the grounds prior to planting seeds or young plants. This can be done with machinery for a large area, or using hand tools when a small yard requires a more delicate touch.
Pros
good health benefits
Cons
not enough work hours
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXNovember 16, 2016
Good company to work for, plenty of work and hours during warmer weather. During winter season hours are lowered. There's not a lot of grass or other jobs to do when the winter season starts.
Pros
Great hours during warm weather
Cons
Not enough hours/work during colder weather
fun work place full of strong driven employees
Landscaper/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Ft. Benning, GAOctober 16, 2016
The branch manager ,Ben, was the best boss i have worked for. This company gave me numerous oppertunities to prove I could do the tasks given at hand. Mainescape was one of the best learning experiences work wise I have ever gotten. Mainly due to the company puting trust in my abilities labor wise.
Pros
Monthly bonuses and overtime oppertunities
Cons
Short breaks in harsh working environments
great company
Lawn Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCApril 6, 2016
i loved this company and hope i can get my job back there.the company always looked out for me even when i was sick they are a gratr company to work for
Pros
loved my job great experience and exercise
Cons
bad weather
Productive, Fun Workplace
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLApril 4, 2016
This workplace was very fun, all members, employees, and supervisors are very dedicated to their job and safety is number one priority.
productive
Laborer (Former Employee) –  MarylandMarch 30, 2016
Was okay but too rough and little pay. Almost no chance to move up in the company. On certain seasons the hours get cut back.
looking for Job
Mowing (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 22, 2016
I would get up at 5am and start my truck and start my route I was on my truck all week long until Friday or Saturday. Get Sunday off and restart my week on Monday. I would go in to a receiver and give them the bills and wait in my truck until they where done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mainscape. Our community is ready to answer.